samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 11

“That is good news.”

“Yes, it is and Jack got a new toy to fly around in.”

“Really?” He knew she was talking about an Ancient gate ship.

“Yep, he’s happy playing with it,” she said smiling.

“That's good to know. Anything else been happening?”

“Yes, twenty ships were destroyed last week after they tried to attack the city.” He frowned.

Sam leaned forward and whispered, “Atlantis.” Then she stepped back.

“Ah, so everything is alright there.”

“Yep, no losses.”

“That’s good to know.”

“Yeah, we sent four batteries and ships to them full of fire power, they were pleased that they got them before the fight begin.”

“Sounds like good timing.”

“It was. We did get a report back the next day that they won the battle, but how long it will be before more show up, we don’t know.”

“At least they have plenty of fire power now.”

“True.” Then she smiled when she saw Jack walking over to her with two bottles of Guinness in his hands.

He passed one to Sam. “Here you go, Sam. Hi, Dad.”

“Jack, Sam was telling me about your new toy.” Jack frowned, which caused Sam to giggle. He looked at her.

“The ship, Jack.”

“Ship… oh, that, yeah,” he said smiling.

They had been talking for couple of minutes when Jackie joined them. They talked for a few minutes, and then they mingled for the next few hours.

Jack and Sam spoke to all of Jack’s brothers, sisters and their families before they walked over to a table and sat down.

“Sam, have you noticed that just about every single guy here is looking at you today?” Sam look at Jack then smiled.

“Why, are you jealous?”

“Well…. Yes.”

“Well, they can look and dream all they want, you… you can do more,” she said smiling, and then took a sip of her beer.

“I know and I can do a lot of other things with you that they can’t.” He waggled his eyebrows at her, which made her giggle.

A couple of Jack’s nephews walked over to them and sat down. They asked Jack and Sam about the Air Force since they had finished high school and enlisted and would start training the following month.

Then others walked over to them and joined in on the discussion about the Air Force until it was time to move into the main tent. Dinner was ready and it was starting to get dark.

Jack and Sam sat at John and Jackie’s table. They all talked and enjoyed dinner then there was dancing afterwards. When the dancing started, John and Jackie started the first dance then Jack and Sam joined them.

Every one watched them dance until the song finished and another one started, then others got up and moved to the dance floor for a dance or two.

Two hours later, every one sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to Brian, just as the cake was wheeled into the tent. Every one watched as Brian blew out the candles and cut the cake. Most of Brian friends yelled out “Speech, speech!”

“Ok… thank you all for coming here for my twenty first birthday party. I know some of you came a long way for this party… Grandma, Granddad, thank you for having the party here.” Everyone clapped then settled down.

“Before we carry on partying… Sam Carter can you please stand?” Jack and Sam looked at each other then she stood.

“To all my male friends and class mates, I know you have been talking about Sam tonight and I know you’ve been watching her,” he said smiling.

“As Uncle Jack would say: you can look but can’t touch, if you do without permission, she will kick your ass.”

“She can kick mine any time,” one guy yelled out making the others laugh.

“Oh she can do more than that, Alex, after all she is a Colonel in the United States Air Force, with a level five in hand-to-hand combat skills and she can kick Uncle Jack’s ass every training practice.”

“Which one is he?” one of them yelled out. Jack stood and turned to face them.

“My uncle is General Jack O’Neill. He’s a legend in black ops, so watch it guys… oh, and he is engaged to Sam… sorry guys, she’s already spoken for.” He gave Jack and Sam a nod then they sat down again after they saw the other guys go pale.

“Just one more thing to add… Uncle Jack I’m pleased you found happiness again and, Sam… I’m pleased you found happiness and that Uncle Jack can make you happy. And, now since this is a party… Let’s party!” Everyone clapped and laughed just as the music started again.

Sam leaned over to Jack. “Brian is like you.”

“Why do you say that Sam?” he asked smiling.

“Cake and party.”

“True. I told him, when he was five years old, that there is no party without cake.”

“Well, he sure hasn’t forgotten that.”

“True, care to dance?”

“Love to.” They stood and walked to the dance floor hand in hand.

John and Jackie watch them dance. “They sure look happy tonight,” John said.

“Yes, they are.” They held each other's hand while watching every one having a wonderful time.

It was just after one o’clock when Jack and Sam returned to their hotel room.

“What a night,” Sam said as she took off her shoes.

“Yeah, great party.”

“That’s true and you need to work off all that cake you ate.”

“What, I only had four pieces of it.” Sam looked at him then shook her head as she walked to the bathroom door.

“That’s what I’m talking about, and I know how you’re going to work it off,” she said smiling as she walk into the bathroom and closed the door.

“What have you got in mind, Sam?” Jack asked as he was taking his clothes off.

“What do you think… flyboy?” Then she giggled.

Sam relieved herself and washed her hands. Then she took her earrings and pendant off and put it them in their box. Then she did her nightly routine before walking out of the bathroom.

When she walked out, Jack was in bed waiting for her. She slowly took her clothes off and put them away, then she walked over to her side of the bed and got in. Then she took off her engagement ring and put it on the bedside table. She snuggled down under the sheets and rolled over towards Jack and gave him a kiss

“Ready to work off that cake?” she asked coyly.

“Yep.” He kissed her deeply and they made passionate love twice before falling asleep in each other’s arms.

Later that morning, they made love twice more in bed and once in the shower. Once they had packed their bags, they left their room and walked down to the front desk where Jack returned the key card and signed some forms.

When finished, they walked out of the hotel, got into a taxi and headed back to his parent’s place where they were staying for lunch. When they arrived, John greeted them.

“Jack, Sam, how are you feeling this morning?”

“Good thanks, John, how late did the party last?”

“It still going!” They could hear the music playing out back.

“I should have guessed.” They walked inside and put their bags into one of the rooms then they followed John back out.

“Did you manage to get some sleep, Dad?”

“Yes, Jackie and I went to a hotel for the night, we left just after you. We just got back five minutes before you.”

“Ok.” They walked out back to see people still dancing, eating and drinking.

They mingled for about twenty minutes, by that time lunch was ready so everyone helped themselves. While Sam and Jack were getting their lunch, they noticed some guests looking a bit green around the gills. Once they got their lunch they walk over to a table and sat down.

“I wonder how long before someone throws up,” Jack commented.

“Not long by the looks of some of the guests this morning.”

“True.” John and Jackie walked over and sat down next to them.

“Hi, Mom.”

“Jack, Sam, did you enjoy yourselves last night?”

“Yes we did, thanks. How about you?” Sam asked.

“We did as well. We’re glad we booked in a hotel room knowing what parties like this one can be like.” They all smiled.

They talked while enjoying their lunch. They noticed some of the guests running towards the portable toilets that had been rented for the weekend.

After lunch, Jack and Sam spoke with some of the guests for the next three hours before they said their good byes. Right on schedule, a taxi arrived to take them to the airport.

When they got home it was after seven; they were tired after the long weekend and the party they attended.

“What a weekend,” Sam said.

“Yeah, now you know how we O'Neills love to party.”

“True. What would you like for dinner?”

“How about pizza?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Ok I’ll make the call.”

“I’ll take care of our bags.”

Jack walked out of the bedroom to make the call, while Sam took care of their bags. When she finished, she walked out of the bedroom and down into the living room where Jack was sitting down watching The Simpsons.

She decided to walk down to the laundry room to put a load of clothes through. Then she went in to Jack’s office where her computer was and turned it on.

She checked her e-mails and did a virus update. When she finished, she was shutting down her computer just as there was a knock on the front door.

When Sam walked out of the office and down and into the living room, Jack was putting the pizza box and two beers on the coffee table.

“Good timing.” Sam smiled.

“Funny. Anything good on TV tonight?”

“Just The Simpsons” Sam walked over and sat down next to Jack just as he opened the box.

“What about a movie?”

“Don’t know.” Sam picked up the remote and flicked through the channels until she came across a good movie

“How about this one?”

“Sure, why not.” They watched the movie while eating pizza and drinking beer.

When the movie finished, Sam stood up and picked up the box and bottles. She took them outside and put them in the recycle bin. Then she went to check on the washing before returning to the living room to see Jack lying flat on the couch while watching The Simpsons.

“Jack.” He turned to Sam.

“I’m going to bed.”

“Sam, it’s only eight o’clock.” Sam smiled then turned and walked down to their bedroom.

Jack realized why she wanted to go to bed early, so he turned off the TV and checked the locks and windows before turning off the lights. Then he walked down and into the bedroom to see Sam in bed with a smile on her face.

“What took you so long?” Then she giggled.

“No giggling, Colonel.”

He removed his clothes and got into bed and Sam immediately snuggled up to him. They kissed and made love for the next two hours before falling asleep in each other’s arms.