samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 14

On Monday morning, Jack flew to the White House to see the President. Cassie started at the Academy the same day. Sam was left in charge of the SGC since Jack was away. Later that afternoon, Sam was working in her lab when Jack walk in, he was still in his dress blues. Sam looked up and smiled.

“Hey are you ok?”

“Yeah, just tired. It’s been a long day. Any problems while I was in Washington?”

“None. What did the President wanted to see you about?”

“It was nothing much.” Sam looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing much?”

“Well…” Then he smiled.

“I’m the same rank as Dad, now.” Sam’s eyes widened.

“You got promoted?”

“Yep, so why don’t you put your doohickie away and let’s go home and have a private celebration.” He waggled his eye brows at her.

“Mmm not a bad idea, give me a minute.”

“Sure.” Jack watched Sam as she packed things away and turned things off. Once finished, they walked out of the lab together.

“Oh, another thing. Next week construction will start on our new house and it should be finished by the time we return from our honeymoon.”

“That is good news.”

“Yes, it is… oh, we also received a personal invitation to the Christmas Ball at the White House.”

“You’re joking.”

“Nope, but the President did make one request.”

“What was that?”

“That he gets a chance to have a dance with you,” he said smiling.

“What did you say?”

“Oh that he will have to get in line; he laughed.”

“In line? Jack, the White House, not the SGC.”

“I know, but General Hammond will want a dance and then there is Dad, General Ryan, Chief of Staff, the ambassadors who know about this place and other generals who know about the SGC and there’s me, of course.”

“Sounds like I’m going to be dancing all night long.”

“As long as I get the first dance.”

“Yes you will… I’ll need to find a dress.”

“Don’t worry I’ll give you some time off for shopping.”

“Thanks, Jack.”

“It doesn’t matter what you wear, Sam. You will always look hot, sexy, and beautiful to me.”

“Thanks… I think.” Jack grinned at her.

Ten minutes later Jack drove them out of the mountain and home. When they got there, they walked down to their bedroom as they left a trail of clothes behind them.

They spent the next three hours making passionate love then paused for some pizza that Jack called and ordered. They spent the rest of the evening in bed talking watching TV and making love before falling asleep in each other’s arms.

The next morning, every one congratulated Jack his promotion. Jack found out it was Walter who spread the word when General Hammond called to congratulate him. Sam sent a message to her father about Jack’s promotion before she started work for the day.

That weekend, they beamed to Jack’s parent’s place for the monthly family dinner. While there, every one was enjoying themselves until the end of the main course when Jack stood.

“I have some good news to share with you all.” They all looked at Jack.

“What is it son?” John asked.

“I’ve been promoted to Major General,” he said with a grin. Then he looked around to all the shocked faces.

“Major General… congratulations son!”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“Wow, a Major General. Why did they promote you to that?”

“Well, there are two other Brigadier Generals in Colorado Springs, so the top brass promoted me since I have the most experience and with what’s been going on overseas, why not?”

“I thought it was your O’Neill charm, Jack,” Sam said smiling and making the others laugh.

“Could be Sam, but we know my record might have something to do with it.”

“Could be.” Everyone congratulated Jack on his promotion and talked some more about other things before dessert.

It was after one in the morning by the time Jack and Sam returned home. They were pleased that everyone was happy with Jack's promotion.

On Monday morning when they arrived at the SGC, they both got a surprise when the elevator doors opened.

“Dad.” They said at the same time, and then quickly stepped off the elevator just before the doors closed. Sam gave Jacob a hug then Jack shook Jacob’s hand.

“How are you, Sam?”

“I’m good Dad. Did you get my message?”

“Yes, I did.” Then he turned to Jack.

“Major General.” He said, smiling.

“Yep. Come up to my office and I’ll tell you all about it.”

“Sure.” Then Jacob watched Jack and Sam kiss.

“Don’t work too hard.”

“I won’t… Sir.” She smiled at Jack, and he smiled in return, then Sam turned to her father.

“You know where I’ll be.”

“I know. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Sure. It’s good to see you.”

“You too, Sam.” She turned and walked down the corridor.

“Have you told your parents, yet?” Jacob asked as they walked toward Jack’s office.

“Told the whole family on Saturday night. They were shocked at first, but they were happy for me.”

“That’s good.” They talked ‘til they walked into Jack office where they talked and laughed for the next hour.

Jacob walked out of Jack office and went to see how Sam was and to call Mark and talk to him for few minutes. Then he talked to Sam ‘til Jack showed up in Sam’s lab for lunch. They walk down to the mess hall for lunch then they went to the gate room to see Jacob off, and then they went their separate ways for the rest of the day.

A month later it was Jack's birthday. When they got home, Sam wrapped her arms around Jack and gave him a kiss. When they pulled apart, Jack looked around to see that they were on the front steps of his parent’s house.

“Sam, what’s going on?”

“You will see.” She kissed him again and then knocked twice on the door.

“Sam.” Then the door opened.

“Jack, Sam, come on in.”

“Hi, Dad. What's going on?”

John grinned at Jack then turned and walked toward the back of the house. Sam followed John as she called out,

“Coming, Jack?”

“Sam?”

“You have five seconds flyboy or no… cake,” she said grinning.

“Cake, what cake?” He followed Sam.

“Sam, what cake? What’s going on?”

“I know how you love parties.”

“Yeah, so…?”

“You will see,” she said smiling. When they walk out the back door,

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACK!” every one yelled out. Jack turned to Sam and she gave him a kiss.

“Happy birthday Jack, It's your shindig.”

“I forgot it was today. Was this your doing?”

“Yep. So, do you like the surprise?”

“Yes… what sort of cake is it?” Sam laughed as she kissed him again.

“I don’t know, ask your Mom.” He turned to see his family, Daniel, Teal’c, Jacob and George there smiling at him.

“Thanks for this surprise birthday shindig…. Mom what sort of cake did you do up this time?”

“Is that all you think about?” Jackie asked

“No, but we all know…”

“That there is no party without cake,” they all said then laughed.

“Too right, so let’s party.” They all clapped, and then they mingled and wished Jack a happy birthday.