samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 15

Everyone enjoyed themselves for the next two hours. When the cake appeared, it was decorated with an Air Force insignia with two stars over it. Jack cut the first slice as everyone cheered. Then Jackie took over cutting the big cake.

Jack saw it was vanilla and chocolate sponge with mock cream in the middle. When he got his slice, his was chocolate. He looked around and saw Sam walking over to him.

“Hey,” she said.

“Hey, what sort of cake do you have?”

“Vanilla, want to try a bite?”

“Sure.” Sam feed him a bite of her cake.

“Mmm, good cake, here.” Jack let Sam try a bite of his.

“Mmm, chocolate,” she said purring and then licked her lips. Jack groaned.

“Damn you, Sam.”

“What? Have you got a problem?”

“Yes!”

“I’ll take care of it when we get home.”

“I’ll hold you to that.” Just then Jacob walked over to them.

“Jack, Sam.”

“Hi, Dad. Enjoying yourself?”

“Yes, thanks.”

“How did you get here?” Jack asked.

“I beamed here with Daniel and Teal’c.”

“Oh, I should have guessed. So how are things with…?”

“Good. The Council would like a few things from Earth so I’m going to talk to George and the IOA about it tomorrow morning.”

“What things, Dad?”

“Fruit trees, seed raising mix, potting soil, seeds, hoses, water pump and other things like that. I was telling Garshaw about how we grow our vegetables here on Earth and since some of the Tok’ra have been here, they love the fruit and vegetables. At least it would be a start and some of the Tok’ra hosts used to grow wheat and other different vegetables and fruit before their blending.”

“What sort of soil is the ground?”

“Clay and sand, but we know planets where there is good soil.”

“So do we… PYX223,” Sam said.

“Which one is that, Sam?”

“That the one where there is naquadah in the soil and the soil is rich and it makes their vegetables five times bigger than ours. Remember we rescued most of the villages from the Goa’uld, we took them to another planet then to the Alpha Site six years ago.”

Jack thought about it. “I remember now, we helped them rebuild their homes and gave them fruit trees and vegetable plants… we have a treaty with them?”

“Yes, we do.” They looked at each other.

“Are you thinking what I think you’re thinking?”

“Soil, yes,” Sam said, smiling. Jack turned to Jacob.

“If you get the green light, Dad, I’ll get SG1 to go to PYX whatever and talk to the folks there… Why don’t you go with them?”

“Sounds like a good plan to me, Jack, thanks.”

“No problem.” They talked for a few more minutes then they went and mingled with everyone else.

It was just after one in the morning when Sam and Jack were beamed home. Then Jacob, Daniel and Teal’c, were beamed back to the SGC since they were staying the night there.

Later that morning, Jack and Sam were in the mess hall having breakfast with Jacob. They talked for twenty minutes and had just finished their breakfast when Sam was called to the control room.

“Sorry, Dad,” she said when she stood.

“It’s ok, Sam. I’ll talk to you when I return.”

“Sure.” She turned and walked out of the mess hall.

Jacob and Jack talked for another few minutes before they left and went their separate ways since Jacob was beaming to Washington for the day.

Late that afternoon, Jacob was beamed into Jack’s office. Jack looked up when there was a bright light for few seconds.

“Jacob, how did it go with the IOA?” Jacob shook his head.

“I feel sorry for you and George.”

“That bad?”

“Yeah, I got mad at them for turning the Tok’ra down, Selmak took over.”

“So their answer was ‘no’?”

“At first.” Jack frowned.

“Meaning?”

“After the meeting, I went and spoke to George, he contacted the President and he spoke to them.”

“They change their minds?”

“Yes, they had no choice.”

“Really? I wonder what he said to them.”

“Don’t know, but now when I return, I can give the Tok’ra Council the good news.”

“That’s good. So where are you staying tonight, you’re more than welcome…”

“I’ll stay here on base tonight, Jack, thanks anyway.”

“No problem.” He looked at his watch then closed the file he had been reading and stood.

“Well how about joining Sam and me for dinner in town?”

“Now, that sounds good.” They walked out of Jack’s office and down to Sam’s lab.

They talked the whole time until they heard, “Felger, I said ‘no’.”

Jack and Jacob looked at each other then turned as they walked through the lab doorway and stopped when they heard,

“Please, Colonel.”

“I said ‘no’. The last time you tried something like this, Ba’al got hold of it and look what almost happened.”

“We didn’t know that he was going to do that.”

“The answer is still ‘no’… Hi, Dad, Sir.” Felger turned to see Jack and Jacob in the doorway.

“Carter, what's going on here?”

“Felger wanted to test a new virus he crated.”

“Oh… what does it have to do with Ba'al?”

“Remember a few years ago, Daniel and you were stuck on PYX334?”

“Which one was that?”

“The one where there was heavy rain and you couldn’t dial to another planet and the Stargate was almost flooded.” Jack thought about it and looked at Felger.

“It was your virus that caused all the DHDs not to work.”

“It wasn’t me.”

“You started it,” Sam said.

“Hey, it wasn’t my fault that Ba’al used it.”

“That is why I said ‘no’. Haven’t you learned your lesson from last time?” Felger looked at Jack.

“Don’t look at me. If Carter said ‘no’, then it’s ‘no’.”

“But, General.”

“No.” He looked at Sam.

“Dinner?” He asked with a smirk.

Sam looked at her watch. “I didn’t realize it was that late.”

“Come on… O’Malley’s.” Sam smiled.

“Ten minutes, I’ll meet you topside.”

“Ok.” Jack and Jacob turned and walked out of the lab.

Sam shut everything down before walking to the door then stopped and turned to Felger.

“If I find out that you have gone ahead with your virus… I’ll send you to Atlantis… good night.”

Then she turned and walked out the door with a smile on her face after she saw the shocked look on Felger's face.

A few minutes later, Sam walked down to the elevators to see Jack and Jacob there talking. They turned when they saw Sam walking toward them.

“Everything ok, Sam?”

“Yes, Dad. I threatened Felger before I left the lab.” Jack raised an eyebrow.

“Oh?” Just then the elevator doors opened, so they stepped in and turned around just as the doors closed.

“I told him, ‘If I find out that you have gone ahead with your virus… I’ll send you to Atlantis… good night.’ Then I walked out the door.”

“Nice,” Jack said smiling.

“Thanks, Jack… Dad, when do you have to leave?”

“In the morning, Sam.”

“Ok.”

“I’m sending SG1 to PYX whatever to talk to the leaders, about the dirt, in the morning.”

“Well, I hope everything works out.”

“Same here, Sam,” Jacob said.

They talked about the wedding and other things for the rest of the evening. While they were at O’Malley’s, Sam went to play a few games of pool with Jack and Jacob watching her play and beat different players each time. In the last game, Sam just barely won, which made Jack happy.

“Care for a drink…? What’s your name?”

“I didn’t get yours and no thanks.”

“Lieutenant Colonel Adams.” He held out his hand.

“Air Force?”

“Marines… you?” Sam shook his hand while smiling.

“Colonel Samantha Carter… Air Force.” The guy’s eyes widened.

“You’re THE Colonel Carter… SG1?” He whispered the last part.

“How do you know…?”

“I started last week… SG3.”

“Ah, then you know my fiancé, General Jack O’Neill.” Jack stepped behind Sam with a smirk on his face. They saw the guy pale.

“General, Sir.” Then he looked at Sam.

“Fiancé… but the regs?”

“Talk about it tomorrow, Colonel. Sam, are you ready to head home?”

“Sure… ‘night, Colonel, thanks for the game.” She turned to Jack and they walked out together ‘til they were outside.

“Where's Dad?”

“He’s been called back. There was a message from the Tok’ra; an airman came and picked him up.”

“Ok.” They got into Jack’s truck and headed home.

“How much did you win tonight, Sam?”

“Over two thousand dollars.”

“Sweet, what are you going to do with it?”

“Spend it next month… Thanksgiving.”

“Oh yeah, we better make sure we get two turkeys this year.” Sam laughed.

“I know, Teal’c’s favourite.”

“Yeah.”

When they got home and were in bed, they made love for the next two hours before falling asleep in each other’s arms.