samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 16

The next morning SG1 went to PYX334 while Jack faced his in box full of paper work. Sam was busy working in her lab throughout the morning, and then Area 51 called, so she was beamed there to help the scientists with their problem.

When Sam was beamed back, she was beamed home since it was almost ten o’clock at night. Jack was waiting for her when she was beamed into their bedroom.

“Hey, everything ok?” Jack asked as he got out of bed.

“Yeah, ‘til next time.”

“Have you had any dinner?”

“No. I’m not hungry, just tired,” she said as she took off her BDU clothing.

“Ok, need anything?”

“I’m fine. I’m going to go have a shower.”

“Alright, I’ll keep the bed warm.”

“You do that.” Jack watched Sam take her clothes off and walk into the bathroom and close the door.

Jack picked up the clothes that were on the floor and put them in a bag then he walk down to the kitchen where he got a bottle of water and return to the bedroom.

He put the water on Sam’s nightstand, and then walked around to his side of the bed, got in and waited for her. When she walked out of the bathroom, she walked over and got into bed. She saw the bottle water, so she picked it up, opened it and drank a quarter of the bottle. Then she put the lid back on it and put it back on the nightstand, and then she laid down letting out her breath. She turned her head to see Jack looking at her.

“Thanks for the drink.”

“I know what you’re like, Sam.” She smiled.

“I know.”

Jack rolled over and turned the lamp off then rolled back on to his back. Sam rolled over towards Jack and snuggled up to his side.

“’Night, Jack.”

“’Night, Sam.”

Sam closed her eyes and felt Jack kissing her forehead just as she was drifting off to sleep. Jack watched her sleep for few minutes before he closed his eyes and fell into peaceful sleep himself.

The next morning, they were in the gate room when Daniel returned from PYX334 alone.

“Daniel, where is the rest of SG1?” Jack asked.

“They’re still on the planet.”

“So, what is going on?”

“The leader is asking for you and Sam, you two have been invited to a celebration. They are not going to start until you two are there. It was Sadiki who wanted you both there.”

“The leader's daughter, why?” Sam asked.

“She’s getting married and wants you both there since Jack saved her life.”

“Which one was she?” Jack asked.

“She’s the one with the long black hair that went down to her back side.” Jack thought for a minute.

“Oh, yeah, I remember. She’s what, fifteen then?”

“Yes, so what shall I tell them?” Jack and Sam looked at each other.

“I have a phone call to make,” Jack said. He turned and walked out of the gate room.

Sam turned and looked at Daniel. “What about the soil for the Tok’ra?”

“They agree to it if you and Jack come.”

“Ok, do we need to take anything?”

“No, everything has been provided”

“What about a wedding gift?”

“I didn’t ask.”

“Ok. Well when is the wedding?”

“Five hours.” Sam thought about it then smiled.

“Ok, you return and tell them that we would be honored to attend the wedding.”

“Ok… how long?”

“Give us four hours.”

“Sure…. Bring bottle of aspirin.” Sam laughed remembering the last time they were on that planet.

It was a treaty celebration, where they brought out their wine. The next day, when everyone returned to the SGC, everyone except Teal’c was suffering from a hangover.

“That was some party they put on for all of us.”

“It was,” Daniel agreed, smiling.

“See you in few hours.”

“Ok, Sam.” Sam turned and walked out of the gate room and up in to the control room, where she spoke to Walter, and then walked up the stairs to Jack’s office just as the gate started spinning. She walked into his office just as he hung up the red phone.

“Everything alright?” Sam asked.

“Yeah, Reynolds it taking over while we're at the wedding.”

“Ok, I’m, going to head into town and get a wedding gift.”

“What have you got in mind?”

“Goblets, I’ll need Sergeant Siler to etch Earth’s point of origin on them.”

“Nice.”

“I told Daniel we will be there in four hours, so it should give you time to finish your paper work,” she said smiling.

“Gee thanks.”

“I’ll leave you to it.” She walked out the door leaving Jack with his paper work.

When Sam returned two hours later, she went to find Siler, when she did, she spoke to him about the etching and handed him the goblets.

Then she walked down to the locker room where she got changed into her BDU clothing then walk down to her lab where she did some work for an hour and a half. She had just closed everything down when Siler walked in.

“Colonel Carter, is this what you wanted done?” He showed Sam the bottoms of the goblets.

“Yes, thanks for doing this Sergeant.”

“You’re welcome, Colonel.” He turned to leave the lab just as Jack walked in.

“Hey, is that the goblets?”

“Yep, look at this.” Sam showed Jack what was etched on the bottom.

“Nice.” He saw Earth’s point of origin and the SG1 badge etched on it.

“You like my choice?” Sam asked.

“Yep. So care to join me in some cake before we head out?” Sam smiled.

“Sure. Let me take care of this first.”

Sam put the goblet back in its box, and then she wrapped it in some colored paper. When done and everything was turn off, they walked out of the room with Jack carrying the gift.

Half an hour later, they were in the gate room when the gate started spinning and the wormhole formed. Jack and Sam walked up the ramp and through the gate, and then it shut down. When they reached the other side, Teal'c was there waiting for them.

“Teal'c where is the welcoming party?” Jack asked as he and Sam walked down the steps.

“They are preparing for the wedding.”

“Ok, lead the way.” They walked side by side as they talked until they reached the village.

Teal'c led them to the leader’s house. When they were near, the door opened and they saw the leader, Stephon, and his wife, J’nee, walking out with smiles on their faces.

“O'Neill, Carter, I'm pleased you have come,” Stephon said.

“Thank you for the invitation.”

“Come, come.”

They entered to see people walking around getting everything set up. The Stephon and his J’nee showed them the back of their house. They saw people continuing with preparations for the wedding.

Daniel, Haley and Cam were talking with some of the people and showing them some Earth ideas. They saw seats next to each other with a gap between for the aisle and a wooden archway at the front, which was made out of bendable bamboo-type branches.

Cam was helping and showing two guys how to make the archway while Daniel and Haley were talking to the women who were sorting out flowers. Then when the archway was done, the women started tying small bunches of colorful flowers all over the archway, while the other women were tying some on the chairs along the aisle.

”Daniel, Haley and Mitchell have been helping out with some of your Earth ideas.”

“Yes, we can see, so is there anything we can do?” Jack asked.

“Yes, Daniel mentioned the father walking down the aisle, what is that?” Jack smiled.

“Tell me about how your people get married.” Jack and Stephon walked away talking leaving Sam and J’nee alone.

“Where is Sadiki?”

“She is in her room. Would you like to see her?” Sam smiled.

“Please.” They walked back into the house and into Sadiki’s room.

“Carter, you came.” Sam walked over to the young woman and they hugged.

“Yes, I came.”

“O'Neill?”

“Is talking with your father,” she nodded.

“How are you feeling?”

“Good, happy. Daniel said that you and O'Neill are marrying soon, yes?” Sam smiled.

“Yes, we are.”

“That is good.”

“Yes it is. May I see your dress?”

“Yes.” She walked across the room, opened her closet and pulled out a blue dress and sandals to match. When Sam saw it,

“Wow, that is a lovely dress.”

“Thank you.”

“Who made it?”

“I did myself,” Sadiki said.

“It took her a day to make it.”

“Really? That is fast.”

“I bought heaps of cloth to make it.”

“Do you have other cloth?”

“Yes.”

She put the dress on her bed and walked over and opened a door, which led to another room. Sam followed her into the room where she saw different colors of fabric.

“Sadiki, why did you choose blue for your wedding dress?”

“It matches my eyes.”


“Ok. If you had some help how long will it take you to make another one in a different color?”

“Not long. Why, do you want one?”

“No, what do you think if you make one in white?”

“White, why white?” J’nee asked.

“Where I'm from, wearing white on your wedding day means purity.”

“I don't understand,” Sadiki said.

“It means you’re a virgin, no man has taken you.... made love.” Sadiki thought about what Sam said and remembered what Daniel had told her.

“Ah, I understand, no man has.”

“Yet” Sam said.

“Yes, yet, but what should I do about the blue dress?”

“Well how about wearing it when the feast begins then you wouldn’t ruin your white dress.”

“Mother?”

“It is your choice.”

“Mother, I want to do it.”

“Alright, I'll get the other women.” She hurried out the door.

“I can help with ideas.”

“Please.”

“Shall we get started?” Sam and Sadiki got started on the dress.