samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed Back, yes please


Chapter 17

A few minutes later, other women arrived. Between them they made the new wedding dress within fifteen minutes. Sam disappeared outside then returned to the room. When she walked, in Sadiki was wearing her wedding dress.

“Do you like it?” Sam asked.

“Yes, I do.”

“Here, I got one of the women to make this up for you.” Sam stepped forward and put a flower wreath on Sadiki’s head, then she handed her a bouquet of flowers. Sam stepped back.

“What is this?” Sadiki asked, touching her hair.

“It’s what we call a flower wreath and the flowers in your hand are called a bouquet.”

“Why do I need to carry them?”

“So no one can see your hands shake, and after the wedding later during the feast all the single women gather in the center and what you do is turn around and throw your bouquet over your shoulder.” Sam said and she showed Sadiki what to do.

“Why would I do that?”

“Our tradition is that whoever catches it would be the next to marry.”

“Really?”

“Yes?” There was a knock on the door. J’nee went to see who it was.

When the door opened, Stephon and Jack where there. When they walk in the other women bowed to him before they walked out of the room.

“Sadiki, you look beautiful.”

“Thank you, Father. Carter helped me with this dress.”

“What about the blue dress?”

“I can wear it at the celebration, Father. Wearing a white dress means ‘purity’.”

“I know. O'Neill and Daniel told me this also. Are you ready?”

“Yes, Father.”

“Carter and I will leave you alone, and congratulations.”

“Thank you, O'Neill,” Sadiki said.

Jack and Sam walked out of the room and down to the back of the house. They talked till they reached the others. They could see the whole village was present for the wedding. When they sat down they waited like the rest of the population.

When it was time, the music started and every one turned to see Stephon and J’nee walking out of the house with Sadiki between them. All eyes followed their every step until they reached the front.

Then they watch the wedding ceremony. When it was finished a few minutes later, everyone was happy and they all clapped, and then stood up went to congratulate the couple.

When SG1, Jack and Sam went to congratulate the young couple, Jack passed them the gift.

“We got you this.”

“What is it?” Sadiki asked.

“Open it,” Jack said. Sadiki looked at it.

“Here let me show you,” Sam said. She showed Sadiki how to open it. When the paper was removed, Sadiki opened the box.

“What is this?”

“It’s what we call wedding goblets.” Jack got one out.

“You put a beverage in it and drink it.” He showed them.

“Thank you for your gift,” the new husband said.

“There’s more.” Jack said. He turned the goblet upside down to show them the etching.

“Now you will always remember where they came from.”

“Thank you; we will cherish this for the rest of our lives.”

“You’re welcome.” Then they stepped aside so others could congratulate them.

Jack and Sam talked and mingled with others from the village. When it was starting to get dark and the fires were lit, the feast began. Women showed up with plates full of food and drinks like last time.

The music was playing, and then everyone cheered when the bride and groom arrived. Sadiki had changed into her blue dress for the evening. Everyone had a wonderful time.

As the evening drew to a close, SG1, Jack, and Sam walked back to the guest house where they were staying. Sam made sure that both she and Jack took a couple of aspirin and drank lots of water before going to bed.

The next morning, Daniel, Cam and Haley walked out with hangovers. Jack's and Sam's heads were throbbing but not as bad as the last time they were there. They talked while getting cleaned up.

Jack and Sam left after having some coffee; they walked to Stephon’s house where they talked with him about the soil. He agreed to let the Tok’ra take some soil. After spending an hour talking with Stephon, Jack and Sam left to head back to Earth. SG1 was staying for another two days.

When they return back to earth and had their shower and check-ups. They went to get some lunch before starting work for few hours since they return back earth side just before lunch which it was still early morning on the planet.

The next day, Sam was called to the Alpha Site. She spent two days there fixing a number of problems. When she returned she was tired. After her post mission exam, she went to get some late lunch since it was almost three in the afternoon. Then she went to check on a couple of things in her lab. She had just gotten started when Jack walked in.

“Hey.” She looked up and smiled.

“Hey.”

“You look tired. Did you get any sleep?”

“No. As soon as I got there, I was fixing one problem after another. Sixty percent of the problems were caused by one scientist alone.”

“Dr Smith?”

“Yep. I'm just doing a few things before going home.”

“Ok when you’re ready I'll get an airman to take you home; you’re not fit to drive.”

“I know.”

“I'll bring something home for dinner. What would you like?”

“I don't know, I'll leave it up to you.”

“Ok, don't stay to long.”

“I won't.”

Sam left the base an hour later to go home to bed since she could hardly keep her eyes open.

Over the next few weeks, things were busy for Sam. She was either at the SGC, Alpha Site, Gamma Site, Area 51, or on one of the ships fixing one of their engine problems.

Jack always made sure Sam had her Friday afternoons off so she could go to Denver to get her wedding dress completed and fitted, and also to give her time to check on how things are coming along with the wedding.

When it was Thanksgiving, Jack and Sam celebrated it at their home, with Sam’s side of the family showing up for it since Sam was on call over the holiday. Every one enjoyed themselves and Sam and Mark caught up on family life.

On the day after Thanksgiving, Sam was called back to the
Alpha Site; she received a phone call at 0200. She was away for three days. When she returned, she was tired but pleased to be back and to see Jack again.

A week before Christmas, Jack and Sam flew to Washington where they were attending the President’s Christmas ball. They stayed the night at a hotel before returning to Colorado the next day.

When it was Christmas, Daniel went to spend it with Sarah Gardener, while Teal'c left to visit with his family. Cassie, Jack and Sam flew to Jack's parents' place for the Christmas holidays. They used one of the Ancient ships to fly to Chicago.

Jack parked the ship in a shed, which was on his parents' property. Jack’s parents paid to have it built for when Jack and Sam travelled in the gate ship.

Jack got Sam a necklace and perfume. Sam got Jack a bottle of after shave and the latest DVD of The Simpsons. They got Cassie gift certificates for her to use at any store in the Mall.

They spent four days with Jack’s parents before returning to Colorado Springs. For Sam’s birthday, Jack took her out to dinner and dancing for the evening.

When it was New Year’s, they celebrated at the Academy Hotel. Most all of the SGC personnel and their families were there, including George Hammond and his family. Every one enjoyed themselves and there were no problems during the evening. Everyone was with someone when they brought in the New Year.

On the fourth of January, Jack and Sam been invited off world for a wedding with SG1, then two days later they were invited to another celebration on another planet. When they returned to the SGC, Walter was waiting for them in the gate room

“Walter is everything ok?” Jack asked.

“No, Sir. Colonel Carter, you're needed at the Alpha Site, ASAP.”

“Thanks, Sergeant. Can you dial it up?”

“Yes, Ma'am.”

“What do you think could be wrong this time, Sam?”

“I don't know, Daniel.” Then the gate started spinning.

“We’ll see you when you get back, Sam,” Jack said.

“Sure, Can you call....?”

“I'll take care of everything. You do what you do best.”

“Thanks.” When the wormhole was formed, Sam walked back up the ramp and through the gate, and then it shut down.

“Come on. Doc will be waiting with her needles.” SG1 followed Jack out of the gate room.

At the end of January, Jack and Sam had their engagement party at the Double Tree Hotel. Their families were also staying at the hotel. There were over five hundred guests at the party.

When they walked into the room, Jack was wearing navy pants and jacket with white shirt. Sam was wearing blue horizon sleek and sophisticated top with pleated bodice and flattering halter neckline with short satin A-line skirt and shoes to match.

They talked and mingled with everyone at the party. When Sam saw her father, she walked over to him and gave him a hug.

“Hi, Dad, I'm so happy you could make it.”

“I wouldn't miss it, you know that.”

“I know. Are you and Selmak having a good time?”

“Yep. Looking forward to the wedding?”

“Yes. In seventeen days you will be walking me down the aisle.”

“We are looking forward to that day.”

“We?” Sam raised her eye brows

“Sel and me.” Sam smiled.

“Ah.”

“How many guests are going to be at the wedding?”

“About a thousand.”

“That’s a lot of people, Sam.”

“Yes, I know” Jack walked over and joined them.

“Dad, I'm pleased you could make it.” They hugged warmly.

“I just told Sam, I wouldn’t miss it.”

“That’s good. How are things...?”

“Good, we have ten gardens going, but the fruit trees that I took to the planet aren’t doing well.”

“Why’s that, Dad?”

“We need bees.”

“Of course, so you need what sort of bees?” Jack asked.

“Honey bees are the best, I'm going to be buying bee hives and taking them back with me.”

“Ok, what about the bees?”

“Well I'll put them to sleep for twelve hours while they are in the hives. So by the time they come to, their hives will be on the new planet.”

“Ok, will you need any help?”

“I have everything sorted out, Jack.”

“Ok.” They talked for a few more minutes before they parted ways.

When Jack and Sam finally got home, it was after two in the morning. After completing their nightly routines, they both fell asleep in each other’s arms and smiles on their faces.

Coming soon: From This Moment