samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Sorry for taking so long in updating this story. Been having problems with the net this past week. so fingers cross that i can get this posted this morning before the internet cut out for the sixth time. Enjoy this chapter and yes please with the feed back reviews :D


Chapter 3

Just then Daniel and Teal'c showed up. "Hi Daniel, Teal'c."

"Hi, Sam. Where's Jack?"

"He should be around somewhere, come on."

"Sam." She looked at Daniel.

"Daniel, what's wrong?" He took hold of her arm and they walked around to the front of the house and then stopped.

"Daniel?"

"Sam, SG2 found an underground chamber."

"Daniel, not today, we can talk about it tomorrow."

"Sam, it's from the Ancients; there's a shield protecting it."

"Daniel, not…"

"Sam, we saw there are thousands of drones and ZPMs." Sam looked at Daniel in shock.

"ZPMs?"

"Yes, from what Ferretti could see, there were at least ten of them fully charged and there are more of those Ancient ships, like the one found on Mayborne's planet."

"Well talk to Jack about it in tomorrow's briefing."

"I know."

"Come on, lunch well be ready in a few minutes." They returned to the party and went their separate ways.

When lunch was ready, Jack walked up the steps of his patio and turned around to look at everyone who was there.

"Can I have everyone's attention, please?" he yelled out. Everyone went quiet as they turned to look at Jack.

"Good… thank you all for being here, family and friends. Lunch is ready, so go and help yourselves… oh, and save room for cake."

Every one laughed and chuckled as Jack walked down the steps and over to Sam. When she saw him, she shook her head while smiling at him.

"Cake, Jack?"

"Yep, why not, there's no party without cake."

"Funny."

"Come on, let's go and get some food," He wrapped his arm around her waist as they headed toward the food table and got in line.

They talked about different things while waiting. When they got their lunch and drinks, they walked over to where Jack's parents and Jacob were.

"How's lunch?" Sam asked.

"It's good, Sam." Jacob answered as they sat.

"That's good."

"Jack, what sort of cake is there?"

"We couldn't have just one, so there are vanilla, chocolate, coconut and lemon sponge cakes."

"I'm looking forward to trying a piece, or two." John said.

"You don't need it" Jackie quipped.

"Neither do you, but you love lemon cake," he said smiling gently at her.

"I know and you love chocolate." They both then burst out laughing, to be joined by the others.

They talk about things that had be with the family enjoying their lunch. Cassie, Daniel and Teal'c joined them since the table could seat twelve people around it. Then Mark and his family joined them as well.

They all talked and laughed for the next hour, until Jack saw the cakes being placed on the table. He stood and started to gather all the plates, knives and forks.

"Dessert is ready to be served."

Then he lifted the plates, knives and forks then turned to walked over to the caterers and handed his load to them. He then walked over and picked up two plates and walked along the table to put one slice of each of the different cakes on to the two plates.

He picked up two desert folks and walked back over to the table, while the others were helping themselves.

When he reached the table, he put both plates down then sat back next to Sam.

"Jack you're not going to eat all of that by yourself?" Sam asked when she saw the slices.

"Nope, half each." He passed her a folk while smiling.

"Ah, you want to know which one is the best."

"Yep, and then we know which one to use for our wedding cake." Sam laughed.

Then they tried each of the cakes while the others watched them as they were eating their own. When they finished, they sat back.

"Well, Sam what do you think?"

"They all taste great… I don't know, how about all of them?"

"I was thinking the same thing."

"Jack, Sam, you both will need to go to the gym in the morning to work off all that cake," Cassie said smiling, making the others laugh.

"Funny, Cassie, funny," Jack said.

They talked for an hour. During that time, the caterers cleaned up everything and started to pack away the things they had brought. When it was time to go, everyone got into cars and other wagons and headed to town where they managed to find a in the big parking lot. They all walked together for ten minutes to the parade route.

They had been there for less than ten minutes when they saw the first float driving toward them. Jack and Sam were holding hands the whole time while watching the floats pass.

When it was over, they all returned to their cars and headed to Garden of the Gods where the carnival was located. They split up into groups and went to have more fun for the next few hours.

Jack and Sam went on several different rides, and consumed loads of cotton candy, drinks, popcorn and hot dogs. They occasionally bumped into members of the family or other SG team members and their families.

When night had fallen and it was time of the fireworks display, every one gathered on the hillside and found good spots, then they sat down and waited.

Jack and Sam were near the top, sitting on a rug that Jack had gone and gotten from his truck. When the show started, Sam was sitting between his legs and he had his arms wrapped around her waist while they were leaning against each other.

They watched the fireworks, just like thousands of others did. for the next hour. When it was over, people started heading back to their cars and trucks. When Jack and Sam reached their truck, they waited for the others to show up.

When they did, Jack and Sam spoke to them before leaving to head on home since it had been a long day for them all. When Jack and Sam got home they did their nightly routines before going to bed and making passionate love.

When Sam was snuggling up to Jack's side, "Jack?"

"Yeah."

"Daniel told me about SG2's findings."

"Oh a big honking space weapon?"

"Don't know, yet." He turned to look at her.

"Don't know, then what?"

"ZPM's, for starts, and ships that can go through the 'gate."

"Like the one that was on Mayborne's planet?"

"Yes, and drones… but…"

"But…?"

"They can't get into the room, there's a shield and a palm print panel."

"Oh. Is there any way to get into the room?"

"Yes… you."

"Me?" Jack raised his eyebrows.

"Jack, it needs someone with the Ancient gene… ZPM's, the ships, they are all from the Ancients."

"Oh, so Daniel wants to go back there?"

"Jack, he will need you to go, too."

"Sam, it takes hours to get there."

"Cassie did say we need to work off all that cake," she said smiling.

"Funny."

"I can go with you and SG1… for old time's sake."

"Why?"

"To check out the ZPMs. At least we can fly back to the Stargate."

"I'll think about it." Sam smiled, gave him a kiss, and then snuggled down again.

"Sam?" She turned to look up at Jack.

"If I say 'no', would you accept my decision?"

"Yes… Jack, if you did say 'no', then you wouldn't know what we will be missing."

"Meaning?"

"SGC's own power source… Atlantis… our own ships with weapons to defend Earth, how about that to start?"

"I'll think about it."

"Ok. Let's get some sleep." She leaned over and gave him another kiss, then snuggled down and closed her eyes.

"I'm not looking forward to the briefing tomorrow." Sam giggled.

"No giggling, Sam!"

Sam knew that Daniel would bug Jack until he gave in and she hoped that Jack did say 'yes' to returning to the planet.

Jack thought about what Sam said and knew that having their own power source for the SGC was a good idea, and so was having at least one ship on Earth for him to use for travelling back and forth from home to the SGC and when he is needed in Washington. He knew it would save billions of dollars every year, and that would relieve many of his budget headaches. He closed his eyes and they both fell into peaceful sleep.

The next morning after they made passionate love twice in bed and once in the shower, they finally walked into the kitchen to see Jacob and Cassie there talking and cooking breakfast. Cassie was staying at their place before returning to school.

"Morning, Jack, Sam," Cassie said.

"Morning, Cassie, morning, Dad… mmm, blueberry pancakes," Sam said as she saw what Jacob was cooking.

"Of course, good timing, because breakfast is ready," he said as he put the last pancake on top of the stack that he got out of the oven.

Then he turned off the oven and cooktop, while Sam was pouring cups of coffee for herself and Jack. She followed Jacob into the dining room where he put the plate on the table and the oven mitts on the sideboard before sitting down.

Jack and Cassie were seated since the table was already set. Sam passed Jack his coffee before sitting down herself. They helped themselves while talking and laughing. When they finished fifteen minutes later, Sam and Jack did the dishes. Cassie got ready to leave since she had to be back for her first class of the morning. She gave the three of them hugs before heading out the door.

Jacob watched Jack and Sam as they talked, flirted and laughed while doing the dishes. When finished and everything else was done, they left to head to the airport where they were seeing off their families, since the flights were fifteen minutes apart and Jacob was spending few days with Mark and the family. The kids only had a couple more weeks before having to get ready for the start of the next school session.

After Jack and Sam watched the planes leave, they returned to Jack's truck and got in and Jack drove them to SGC for the day. When they arrived, they kissed and went their separate ways for the day.