samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please :)


Chapter 6

Then they flew to the Stargate. When they got there and landed the ship and Jack opened the back door. They stood up and walk to the back where they picked up the seven ZPMs and walked off the ship. Jack pushed two buttons.

One was to close the back door and the other to make it invisible. Then they walked over to the DHD where Jack dialled Earth. When the wormhole was formed, Jack sent his GDO code since Sam's arms were full.

Then they walked up the ramp and through the gate 'til they were standing on the ramp and the gate shut down behind them. They walked down the ramp just as Jack's third in command walked into the gate room.

"General, is everything ok?"

"Yep. Airmen take these to Carter's lab and don't drop them." Jack and Sam passed the wrapped ZPMs to five airmen, and then they walked out of the gate room.

"ZPMs, Sir?"

"Yep. I have a phone call to make to the President."

"Sir, the President called. He's not happy that you went off world."

"Excuse me? What the hell?"

"Sir," Sam said interrupting him. Jack turned to Sam.

"The Trust."

"Meaning?"

"I think the Trust intercepted the call." Jack thought about it.

"This is not good"

"Colonel, who's in orbit?"

"Prometheus, Sir." Sam turned to Jack.

"Why not go and speak to the President in person, Sir, while I'll take care of the ZPM's and message."

"Ok, I'll be back as soon as I can." He walked out of the gate room leaving Reynolds and Sam standing there for few seconds before they walked out themselves.

"How many ZPMs are there Carter?"

"I didn't get a chance to count them." He smiled.

"You found Ancient devices?"

"Oh yeah. I better get to my lab."

"Sure." Then they went their separate ways.

Sam went to her lab to check and pack four of the ZPMs. Then she made a couple of phone calls before leaving her lab with an Ancient battery box where a single ZPM goes.

She walked down to the main breaker boxes and connected the ZPM to the Stargate circuit breakers. Siler was there to help Sam set up everything. Once they finished, she walked down to the gate room to see the fourth container being put on top of 'FRED' and being strapped down.

"Everything is done, Colonel."

"Thank you. Dismissed." They walked out of the gate room.

Sam pulled out a note and slipped it under one of the ropes, and then she turned and walked out of the gate room and up and into the control room. She sat down at the computer and began typing on the keyboard and the gate started spinning.

Then she picked up the phone and dialled a number that rang in the breaker room. She let it ring twice then hung up. When the eighth chevron was locked the wormhole was formed.

Sam sent the SGC code through, then she stood up and walked over to the remote control area and she made 'FRED' go up the ramp and through the gate. Then the gate shut down a few seconds later. Sam turned to look at the gate then to Walter.

"All we can do is wait."

"Yes, Ma'am. I'm sure they will be shocked when they see the ZPMs." Sam smiled.

"Indeed."

On Atlantis when the wormhole was formed and the shield raised, Dr Elizabeth Weir walked down to the control area.

"Who is it, Lieutenant?" He turned to her.

"Stargate Command."

"Lower the shields."

Then Colonel John Shepherd and his team arrived. "What's going on?"

"Don't know John. It might be a message from Earth."

"IDC?"

"Stargate Command."

"Dr Weir, we're losing power."

"Look!" McKay exclaimed. They all looked to see 'FRED' coming through the gate, then the gate shut down.

They walked down to the main floor and up to 'FRED'.

"I wonder what's in these containers," McKay said.

"Elizabeth, here's a note." John saw the note with Elizabeth's name on it. John passed it to her and she quickly opened and read it.

"What does the note say?" John asked. Elizabeth then grinned at all of those standing around her.

"It's from Colonel Carter."

"Sam?" McKay asked.

"Yes. She needs four people with the Ancient gene back on Earth, ASAP."

"She's joking, right? The Wraith will be here in four hours," McKay said.

"We haven't got enough power to call the SGC," John said.

"We do now." McKay looked at Elizabeth then to the four containers.

He quickly untied the ropes and opened one. Everyone showed up when word got around about the SGC sent one of their 'FREDs' through the gate. They all saw McKay's shocked but happy face.

"Samantha Carter, I love you!" he yelled for everyone to hear. Then they saw him pick something up and unwrap it.

"It's a fully charged ZPM." He raised it for everyone to see.

Every one cheered with the good news. John stepped forward and opened the second container while McKay lowered the ZPM and put it in the box.

"John?" They all looked as John opened a second one and watched him remove the cloths then turn to them.

"It's a ZPM."

"Help me move these containers," McKay said.

Others stepped forward and helped remove the two top containers, and then John and McKay opened the next two. They turned to each other and then to everyone.

"Four ZPMs," McKay said smiling every one cheered.

"Ok, Rodney, you know what to do with them. John you better choose four to go to Earth."

"Yes, Ma'am." Then everyone went their separate ways with big smiles on their faces.

"John." He stopped and turned to Elizabeth. She passed him the note, so he read it.

'Dr Weir, I know that you are low on power. Here are four fully charged ZPMs to help. I know that the Wraith will be arriving there in few hours. I need four personnel, with the Ancient gene, to return to Earth. SG2, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c have found an underground chamber full of gate ships, drones and ZPMs. We can send you as many ships and drones as you would need to help destroy the twenty Wraith mother ships. Good luck with the fight, Colonel Carter.' He passed it back to Elizabeth.

"Well, it looks like we're getting the fire power we've been needing."

"Yes it does."

"I better go and choose the ones who will be going to Earth."

"John, I want you to be one of them."

"Sure." Then they went their separate ways.

Half an hour later, John Shepherd and three other personnel were in the gate room. Everyone was pleased that they had gotten more power for the gate, lights and shields. They all watched the wormhole being formed and they looked and waited.

"Sending IDC…" then the ones in the control center looked when they saw Sam's face appear on the communications display screen.

"Colonel Carter." Sam smiled.

"Dr Weir, did you receive the four containers ok?"

"Yes, thank you!"

"Sam," Rodney said as he stepped in to view.

"Rodney."

"I love you, thank you for the ZPM's" he said smiling.

"I'm pleased that they will help. When you are ready, you can send 'FRED' back."

"We will, Colonel" Elizabeth said.

"Sam, if I was going with the group, I would kiss you in the gate room."

Sam looked at Rodney.

"I'm glad General O'Neill isn't here to hear you say that."

"Why, everyone knows you love me."

"In your dreams Rodney, I'm engaged woman now… Dr Weir, when you're ready."

"Colonel, you have a go," Elizabeth said. Then everyone watched the four personnel and 'FRED' go through the gate.

"They made it through. We will send them back to you as soon as we can."

"Thank you. Weir out." Then the gate shut down.

"I wonder what Sam meant about General O'Neill not being there to hear what I said" Rodney said as he turned to walk away.

At Stargate Command, Sam walked down to greet the four Atlantis team members.

"Colonel Shepherd."

"Colonel Carter, congratulations on your promotion… when was it?"

"Seven weeks ago. Shall we?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Sam turned and looked up to the control room.

"Dial it up." Then she turned to John.

"How are things on Atlantis?" They heard the gate started spinning.

"Good, Rodney on the other hand…"

"Still whining and being a pain?"

"In the ass, yes." They both smiled.

"Sounds like he hasn't changed."

"True… sorry for your loss. Elizabeth told everyone on the base about what happened."

"Thanks, at least the police got the gang and now they are all serving time for what they did."

"What did they get?"

"Twenty five to life."

"Well, it's a shame we can't take them back with us and give them to the Wraith." Sam smiled just as the worm hole was formed.

"I don't think it would work. Come on let's go and get your ships." They walked up the ramp and through the gate.