samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 8

Sam looked around her lab 'til she saw the ZPMs and then smiled. She turned to Jack who was looking at her.

"I know that smile, what are you thinking?"

"Why don't we go and get the Ancient ship from PYX243, fly it back here and then fly it to Washington?"

"Why?"

"I have an idea."

"Care to share?"

Sam walked over, picked up a ZPM, and turned around.

"We can handle the budget cut; after all, the power alone cost over five billions dollars last year." Jack looked at Sam then smiled.

"Sam, you're a genius… I need to change." Sam put the ZPM down.

"Nope, the ship is close to the gate."

"Sweet, let's go then."

Sam turned everything off, and then they walked out of the lab and down to the control room. A few minutes later, Jack walked through the gate, then returned less than a minute later in the ship, while Sam ran down to the locker room and got changed into her dress blues, then return to the gate room just as Jack returned in the ship.

Once she was on the ship and the door closed, Jack flew the ship up and out of the mountain. As soon as he was close to the surface, he cloaked the ship.

Five minutes later, Jack landed the ship on top of the Pentagon roof. They walked off the ship with Sam carrying the ZPM and the Ancient box. She had it covered so no one would know what she was carrying.

They walked down to where the IOA offices and walked into the room after the guards recognised Jack from that morning. They walked in and up to where the IOA members were.

"General O'Neill… Colonel Carter, what are you doing here?"

"General O'Neill told me about the budget cuts." They looked at Jack then back to Sam.

"I know a way we can save money… on the power bills."

"How and by how much?" one of them asked.

"How… with this." Sam took the cover off the box.

They looked at it then to Sam. "What is it?"

Sam pushed a button then they watched the ZPM rise up 'til it stopped. Sam pulled it out and turned it around and put it on the table.

"This is a ZPM and this," Sam put her hand on the box, "is the ancient ZPM power box."

"What does that have to do with the power?"

"This will power the whole SGC, Sirs."

"Just one?"

"Yes, Sir, and we can even still dial Atlantis, just on this one ZPM."

"How long will it last?"

"If we dial to Atlantis every day, for five years."

"Five years… incredible!"

"Thank you."

"Well gentlemen, what do you think…? Will it keep both you and me happy with the Colonel's idea?"

"Well it would save billions of dollars." Jack turned to Sam.

"Well, Carter, how long will it take to set it up?"

"Ten… fifteen minutes, Sir," she said smiling back to Jack.

They looked at the members of the IOA. "Well gentlemen?"

They looked at each other and nodded, and then they looked at Jack and Sam.

"Do it."

"Thank you, Sirs… if you like I can do one up for the Alpha and Gamma Sites… it will save on gas for the generators, Sirs."

"That is true. Yes you can, Colonel, and we will be looking forward to your report." Sam smiled.

"Thank you, Sir."

"Is there anything else?"

"Yes, Sir, there is. When General O'Neill comes to Washington for briefings and meetings, he could use one of the Ancient ships that he brought back to Earth."

"You brought one of those ships that can go through the gate back to Earth?"

"Yes, Sir… it's parked up on the roof and it's cloaked," Jack said. They looked at Jack in shock.

"How long did it take to get here?"

"Oh, about five minutes."

"It would come in handy if there is an emergency down at the outpost, Sir, the General could be there within minutes."

"Is there anyone else who has the gene and the clearance?"

"I can't think of any one," Jack said.

"I can, Sir." They looked at Sam.

"Who?" Jack asked.

"Joe Spencer." Jack frowned.

"Who is this Joe Spencer and how does he know about the SGC?" Sam smiled.

"Last year, Joe Spencer claimed that General O'Neill ruined his life. He could tell us everything that happened to SG1 while on missions. It turned out that a black stone he bought from a garage sale was from the Ancients. General O'Neill at the same time also picked up a black stone… they were a pair."

"What do the black stones have to do with him knowing about the SGC?" one asked.

"The stones are from the Ancients. When both the General and Joe Spencer touched them, they could see what each other were doing right up 'til they met. I ran some blood tests; it came back that Joe Spencer has the Ancient gene… I tested his wife and son… He son has also has the gene and knows about the SGC."

"Joe did say if we need him to use the chair, all we have to do is call him."

"Where does he live?"

"Indiana," Sam said.

"Is there anyone else?" Sam turned to Jack.

"Your parents?"

"I don't know, Sam."

"Ok." They turned to the IOA members.

"It will have to be Joe Spencer."

"Will he move to Colorado Springs?"

"We will have to talk to him about it."

"Do it, and if he says yes, we will cover the moving expenses and anything else but we will decide before hand."

"We understand."

"Good. Now if you will excuse us, we have a meeting to attend."

They picked up their brief cases and walked out the room. Sam put the ZPM back in the box then she put the cover over it.

"Let's go home," Jack said as he picked up the box.

They walked out of the room and to the stairs and climbed them 'til they reach the roof access. They walked over to the ship. Sam felt around since she knew where it would be and managed to make the back door open. Then she walked into the ship, with Jack behind her. He put the box down then followed Sam up to the front and sat down.

"Sam, how about we go and talk to Joe tomorrow night?"

"Why not tonight?"

"He goes bowling on Thursday nights." Sam smiled and shook her head.

"Ok."

Jack started the engines then they lifted off the ground and headed back to the SGC.