samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 13

“Is that them, Cassie?”

“Five of them are. I don’t know who the sixth one is.”

“Ok”

“Cassie.”

“Alan… this is General Jack O’Neill, Colonel Samantha Carter, Dr Daniel Jack son and Teal’c Murray.”

“Hi. Which rental shop did you get the suits from?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

“Alan, they are in the Air Force, Jack here is the commanding officer of NORAD.” Alan snorted.

“I know you… you’re Major Doctor Samantha Carter who wrote a book on wormhole theories.”

“Yes that was me. I’m now a Colonel.”

“Wow, it’s an honor to meet you. You look different in person from your photo.” Sam smiled.

“Thank you.”

“What do you think of the Colonel’s theories?” Jack asked.

“Well, can it happen? In the book, it sounds like it can be done, but the question is: If it can be done, how can it be possible?”

“A lot of energy and power,” Sam said.

“True.” Then a couple walked over to the group.

“General O’Neill, Colonel Carter.”

“And you are?” as they shook hands.

“Officer Tower, I was at Detective Shanahan’s funeral last year. Sorry about your loss Colonel Carter.”

“Thank you.”

“You know these two?” Alan asked.

“I meet them once, last year. Why do you ask?”

“Are they really in the Air Force?” Cassie rolled her eyes.

“Yes they are.” Alan looked at Jack then to Sam, then to Cassie who was grinning.

“I told you they were in the Air Force,” Cassie said.

“I’m sorry Cassie. I… I thought it was a joke,” Alan said in shock.

“Well, as you can see, it’s no joke… you should look up the Air Force history web site.”

“Why?”

“Sam made Air Force history.” He looked at Sam then to her medals. His eyes widened.

“What’s the little gold bar over some of your medals, Colonel?”

“It means I revived them two times or more.”

“Is that the Medal of Honor, Colonel Carter?” one of the girls asked.

“Yes, it is.”

“Wow, how many times have you received it?”

“Twice.”

“Sam is the only female officer in history to receive two Medals of Honor,” Cassie said.

“Wow.” They talked for another ten minutes before the groups spilt up.

Jack and Sam spoke to Cassie’s professors about how she been doing in class before they left with Daniel and Teal’c. Just as they were walking towards the exit they saw Cassie walking over to them.

“Thanks for coming.”

“We wouldn’t miss it for anything,” Jack said.

“Is that why you cancelled your meeting with the President today, Jack?” Daniel asked. Jack glared at Daniel then turned to Cassie.

“You cancelled a meeting with the President so you could be here… what did he say?”

“He wasn’t happy at first, but I told him my reasons and how I wasn’t going to break my promise to you and that it might encourage some of the students to join the Air Force.” Cassie laughed.

“What happened?”

“He thought it was a good idea, but I have to see him on Monday morning,” he said with a pout.

“I’m sure you can handle it Jack.” Cassie patted him on the arm.

“I know, so are you coming around tonight?”

“Why?”

“A shindig.”

“Cake?” Jack smiled.

“Of course, so coming?”

“I’ll be there,” she said smiling.

“Good. Well see you tonight then.”

“Ok.”

Cassie gave them all hugs before she returned to her friends and Jack and the others walked out of the hall while talking about the party at home.
That evening, Jack was cooking at the barbecue while talking to Daniel. Sam was in the kitchen getting the salads while Teal’c was getting the drinks when Cassie showed up. She walked around to the back of the house and smiled when she saw Jack pouring beer over one of the steaks.

“I hope they’re not burnt.” Jack and Daniel turned to see Cassie with a grin on her face.

“Hey, you made it!” Jack said grinning.

“Of course.” She walked up the steps and over to Jack. She looked down at the steaks then back up to him.

“What?”

“They are burnt.”

“No, they are well done.”

“Ah ha,” she said giggling.

“Cassie, you’re here,” Sam said as she and Teal’c walk out of the house.

“Of course.”

Then they heard a car pull up outside of Jack's house.

“I’ll go and see who it is,” Sam said. She put the salads on the table then walked back inside the house.

“Jack who else did you invite?” Jack looked at her with a smirk on his face then he turned to the barbecue.

“Daniel?”

“Don’t look at me, I don’t know who it is.” He raised his hands.

Cassie look at Jack as he was putting the steaks on a plate, then the bake potatoes, corn on the cob and garlic bread, which all three were wrapped in foil.

Then he carried the big plate over to the table just as Sam walked outside with two guests behind her. Cassie was shocked to see who they were.

“Uncle George, Uncle Jacob, this is a surprise!” She walked over to them and hugged them tightly.

“Hi, Cassie. Sorry I couldn’t be at your graduation,” George said as they hugged.

“I understand. How are your granddaughters?”

“Growing… Jack, thank for inviting me here.” They shook hands.

”Any time, George.” While they were shaking hands, Cassie was giving Jacob a hug.

“Hi, Selmac.”

“Hello, Cassandra. I am sorry we could not be here for your graduation. We were late returning from a mission.”

“But you’re here for the shindig.” Jacob smiled.

“Yes, Cassie, we are and Selmac looking forward to cake.” He turned to Jack and shook his hand.

“Jack.”

“Dad… dinner is ready.”

“Good. I’m starving,” Cassie said. They all sat down around the table.

They talked and laughed over the next three hours. After their main course, Sam went inside then returned with the cake, plates, dessert forks, and a knife and cake server.

When they all saw it was a chocolate gateau cake, they all grinned. Jack cut it and put slices onto plates, and then Sam passed them around to every one before sitting down with hers. They talked about how things were with the Tok’ra and Jaffa.

Everyone was pleased that the war was over and that the Tok’ra were now living on a new planet and building homes on the surface, after thousands of years living and hiding underground. It was late in the evening when Daniel, Teal’c, Jacob and George left.

Jacob was spending the few days at George’s place since there was a reunion that weekend for the Air Force Vietnam vets. It was being held in Denver the following night.

After they all left, Cassie got her bags out of her car and walked back inside and down to her room. She said her ‘good nights’ to Jack and Sam before closing her door. Jack and Sam went to bed few minutes later.