samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 5

The next morning SG1 and 2 were waiting in the gate room. Daniel looked at his watch for the tenth time then he looked at Colonel Ferretti, the leader of SG2.

"Daniel, why are you looking at your watch again?"

"Well for one, it's 0810 hours, and there's no Jack to see us off."

"Perhaps he has other things on his mind this morning," Ferretti said while smirking. The others chuckled.

"Funny, and no, when Jack says 0800 hours, he means it and he's never late, this is not like him."

Then the doors opened and they all turned to see Jack and Sam walking into the gate room, with smiles on their faces and wearing mission gear. SG1 and 2 were shocked when they saw how both Jack and Sam were dressed.

"Morning, kids, sorry we we're late." Then there was a click. Jack turned to see Sam with a camera in hand. Then he turned back to see the shocked looks on their faces.

"Jack what's going on, are you coming with us?"

"Yep… Carter is coming as well. She wants to check out all the goodies." He turned to look up to the control room.

"Dial it up." He turned to Daniel just as the gate started spinning.

"Why didn't you tell us yesterday?"

"What, and miss the shocked looks on your faces?" he asked grinning.

"Just like old times, Sir," Ferretti said, also smiling.

"Yep, and if I want to join you guys and gals, I can, after all I am 'The Man', I can do whatever I want."

"Within reason," Sam said. He turned to her.

"Spoil sport," Then he turned to look at the others.

"So, ready for that long walk kids?"

"Are you, Jack?"

"Yep… just like old times."

"Indeed" Teal'c said. They heard the kawoosh as the wormhole formed.

"Ok, campers, move out."

Hailey used the remote to move 'FRED' up the ramp and through the gate with her close behind. The others followed until only Jack, Sam and Cam remained.

"I've been looking forward to this."

"I hope you didn't have a big breakfast, Mitchell," Jack said.

"Yes sir, I did. Why?"

Jack smiled and looked at Sam, and then he gave her a nod. They both pushed Cam through the gate, and then they walked through themselves. Once they were on the other side, the gate shut down.

"Oh, man."

Cam ran down the steps and passed the others heading toward the closest trees. They all heard him being sick. Jack and Sam look at each other with grins on their faces.

"Well, Carter, at least you didn't lose your lunch."

"I know, Sir." They walked down the steps and over to the DHD and waited for Cam to return. When he did he looked pale.

"I didn't realize that going through the gate could cause me to throw up." Jack walked past him patting him on the shoulder.

"Next time, don't eat a big meal before going off world."

"I'll remember that, Sir."

"Ok campers, which way?"

"North, Sir," Hailey replied.

"Ok north it is."

"Hey, Carter, remember your first trip through the gate?" Ferretti asked.

"Yes, I remember. At least I didn't lose my lunch," she said smiling back.

"That's true. Ah, the good old days."

"Yeah, we sure had some good, and bad, missions."

"That's true. Remember what the general did with the moonshine?"

"How can I forget that?"

"What happened?" Cam asked as he caught up and walked next to Sam.

"On our first mission to Abydos, the General, who was then a colonel tried out the Abydonian moonshine. He accidently sprayed it all over me," Sam said laughing. Ferretti laughed along with her.

"Yeah, he said it was 'real smooth'."

Sam looked at Jack who was just in front of them. She could tell he was smiling at the memory.

They all talked for the next few hours about the humorous things that happened on different missions that they all had been on, which made them all laugh. They did stop three times for a break and to relieve themselves.

When they finally reached the old temple, it was starting to get dark, so they set up camp and had their dinner while talking more about their previous missions.

"So Carter, why did you choose General O'Neill?"

Ferretti explained his question by telling Cam about the Land of Light mission and what happened to Jack and Sam with the Broca Divide virus. Sam turned to look at Jack, who was looking at her, and then she turned to Cam and smiled.

"Because of his strong genes."

Cam frowned. "Strong genes?"

"Yes, strong genes… strong offspring, babies." Cam thought about it.

"Oh!" Everyone else smiled then Cam looked around the campfire then back to Sam.

"So, after all these years, you two will be able to have… strong offspring?"

"Yep, my good looks and charm and Carter's brains." Sam turned to Jack.

"What about my good looks and charm?"

"There's nothing wrong with your good looks and charm, Sam, after all you did have a lot of admirers and crushes over the years."

"I know and you were jealous of them all." She raised an eyebrow.

"Was not."

"Yes, you were."

"Was not."

"Yes, you were. I saw the look on your face and in your eyes every time," she said smiling.

"Yes. Yes, I was jealous but soon you will be Mrs O'Neill."

"Mrs O'Neill at home but Colonel Carter at work."

"Yeah, I know."

They turned to the others and Sam changed the subject to something else for the next couple of hours. Before they settled in for the night, the watch schedule was set; they did it in pairs since there were nine of them. Jack and Sam shared the first watch and then slept in different tents.

The next morning, after breakfast, they all went to the chamber.

"So this is it," Jack said.

"Yes, Jack."

"Ok." He put his hand over the stone then they saw the shield disappear. Jack walked in first. He saw another stone on the wall and when he touched it, lights came on.

"Wow, look at this place," Daniel said when he stepped next to Jack. They could now see that the room was half the size of the Prometheus.

They walked until they came to rails and looked down to see walls lined with shelves of drones and the floor full of ancient ships and other devices.

"Holy Hannah," Sam said.

They walked along the railing and down steps and went in separate directions. Sam walked over to the ZPMs, while Daniel walked over to where he had spotted writing on a wall.

The others looked around for an hour. Jack eventually walked over to Sam.

"Hey, what you doing?"

"Checking out some of these devices."

"Ok. Why don't we take one of these ships to the gate and get SGC to send a message to Atlantis?" Sam turned to Jack and smiled.

"I have a better idea. Why don't we take some of these ZPMs with us and we can send them to Atlantis. Then they can call us when they have received them. We can get four of the Atlantis team with the gene to come here to take some of the ships and drones back with them."

"Good plan, let's go."

Jack helped Sam put seven ZPMs in one of the ships just as Cam and Hailey walk over to them.

"General, what's going on?"

"Carter and I are flying to the gate; you guys will be ok for a while 'til we return."

"Yes, Sir."

"Good." He raised his radio.

"Teal'c, Daniel, SG2 listen up, Carter and I are taking one of the ships to the gate. We will be back as soon as we can."

"Yes, Sir," SG2 responded.

"Jack, how long are you going to be away?"

"Don't know. Why?"

"'Cause I would like to stay here for the day." Sam smiled as Jack rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Daniel, you can stay. O'Neill out." He turned to Cam.

"Any problems, let Ferretti know."

"Yes, Sir." Sam and Jack walked on to the ship and up the front.

Jack closed the back door as he powered up the engines and lifted the ship off the ground. The information screen popped up and they saw an exit so the ship flew to the exit and out up into the sky.