samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 05

“We’re receiving an IDC… it’s the Tok’ra.”

“Open the iris,” Hammond said.

“Could be Dad,” Jack said.

“If so, he is in for one hell of a surprise.”

“True.” They walked down to the gate room and arrived just in time to see Jacob step on the ramp and walk down it. He stopped when he saw Sam.

“Sam?” He grabbed her in a warm hug.

“It’s me, Dad, and we are not clones.” Then he looked at Jack.

“Jack?” He said in shock.

“Yeah, Dad it’s us. So what can we do for you?”

“The Tok’ra received an urgent signal from you.”

“That would be from me, Jacob, and welcome back to Earth.”

“Thanks. So what’s going on? What happened?”

“SG4 found some Ancient buildings. One had a machine in it, so they took some pictures of the device and writings on the walls. They came back here and showed Daniel.”

“Jack,” Jacob, said cutting him off.

“Dad, there was an accident.”

“Accident?”

“Yeah, it’s all Felger’s fault. Sam disconnected a wire from her generator so there wouldn’t be a problem if he played with the control panel. She told him time and again not to touch anything, but he must have connected it up… We were in the middle of the device coverage area when it was activated. There was an explosion and we woke up looking like this.” He waved his hand up and down indicating both his and Sam’s bodies.

“I used one of the naquadah generators to power the control panel, so I could see how it worked. I think the generator couldn’t handle the power to the control panel and the main device, which caused it to blow up. We were lucky because a shield protected us from the explosion.”

“I’m shocked. So what can the Tok’ra do?”

“Dad, can I talk to you alone?”

“Sure.” They walked over to a corner to talk quietly.

“Dad, the NID are coming here. They know about the Colonel and me.”

“Sam, are you saying you want to come back with me?”

“We might, but we don’t know where the Tok’ra are now, and if we do travel off-world, we will go to PYX456.”

“How would I know you would be there?”

“I’ll send a signal from here. Then give us twenty-four hours before coming to get us.”

“I can do that… there’s something else. What is it?”

“The device also changed us, from what Daniel told us, it’s a marriage device, ‘two become one’.”

“You’re joined… Two become one… Meaning what?”

“I’ve got the Ancient gene and the Colonel got my protein marker and naquadah. Janet had it tested twice.”

“Holy Hannah!”

“Ya think?” Jacob smiled and gave her a hug.

“Sam, you’ve been hanging around Jack too long.”

“I know.” He laughed then they walked back over to the others.

“George, I hope you can help them.”

“You know I will try my best.”

“I know, I’ll head back and let the Council know what’s been going happening.”

“How are things with the Tok’ra?”

“We are fighting a losing battle, not just between the Tok’ra and Goa’uld but with this war. Anubis’ super soldiers are slowly killing the Goa’uld, five Goa’uld just in the past two months. The Jaffa and remaining Goa’uld don’t know how to stop them.”

“What about the weapon that we built?”

“We still have that, and the good news is that there are now ten of them.”

“Well at least it’s a start. We wish we could help you, Jacob, but look what happened to us. I’m sure we could help, but…”

“I know, Jack. I better head back. I’ll go and give the sergeant the gate address.”

“Sure.” Jacob walked out of the gate room and up to the control room. He spoke to Walter for a couple of minutes then the gate started spinning, and he walked back down to the gate room.

“I’ll try to send more information if I can.”

“Thanks.” As the wormhole was formed, Jacob gave Sam a hug.

“Take care, Sam.”

“I will, Dad.” He shook hands with George and then Jack.

“Jack, if you and Sam ever decide to get married, you have my blessing… Take care.”

“Thanks, and we will,” he said smiling. Jacob walked up the ramp and he turned to George.

“Good luck with the NID and have fun.” He turned and stepped through the gate and it shut down.

“Sir, what did he mean by that?”

“I don’t know.” He walked out of the gate room. Jack looked at Sam.

“Sam, you know don’t you?”

“Yes,” she said then smiled.

“We’re going to need Cassie’s help.”

“Why?”

“Come on. We don’t have much time.” They walked out of the gate room and down to their lockers.

“Sam, what are you planning?” he asked when they walked into the locker room.

“Grab your wallet,” she said.

Sam moved to her locker. She retrieved her wallet and her cell phone. Next, she typed a text to Cassie ‘S.O.S, Plan B’, and then she sent it. When done, she left her cell phone on since the battery was almost dead. She put it back in her locker and closed the locker door. They put their wallets away and walked out of their locker room.

“Care to share?”

“Later. Just trust me.” They walked until they reached the access to the exit hatch.

Luckily, there was no one around. Jack opened the hatch and got in then Sam followed. Once he had closed Jack saw an envelope attached to the ladder with their names on it. Jack untied the string and put the envelope in his pocket, and then they started climbing. Jack checked to see if the area was clear, then he got out and helped Sam out. They ran to the trees and on to the fence. Jack followed Sam. When they got there, Cassie was working on digging a hole under the fence. She was just finishing when they reached her.

“Who are you?”

“Cassie, it is us but younger. Look we will explain once we are out of here.”

“How do I know it’s not a trick and you’re not someone else posing as them?”

“For one, you can sense naquadah.”

“Yes, but you could be…”

“For crying out loud! Later, ok Cass? We will tell you everything.”

“Jack?” she said in shock.

“Yep, and we are not clones.” Sam crawled under the fence, and then Jack did. He picked up the shovel and quickly filled in the hole, and then he turned to them.

“Ok, Sam, what have you got in mind?”

“Come on.” They ran down to Cassie’s car and got in.

“Cassie, got the phone?”

“Here.” She passed Sam the phone.

“Thanks. Can you take us to a hotel?”

“Already booked and here’s the key.” She passed Sam a key card.

“Thanks. Which hotel?”

“You will see.”

A few minutes later, Cassie pulled into the ‘Super 8’ motel parking lot, which wasn’t far from the airport. They got out and followed Sam to their room. Jack quickly scanned the area, lucky for them no one was around. Once they were inside, Jack closed and locked the door. He looked around to see a king-size bed, table with two chairs, dresser and TV.

“I know it’s not much, but it was the only place I could find that had a room available on short notice.”

“Thanks, Cassie.” Jack sat down on the bed while Sam walked over to the kitchenette to use the free in-room coffee maker.

“Ok, so what’s the plan now?”

“Well, I need my laptop from home and clothes to wear.” She looked down at herself then at Jack.

“Well, I can get you some clothes from your place, Sam.”

“Thanks, but I need new clothes. The NID would recognize the ones I have at home.”

“That’s true. What about money?” Then Jack recalled the thick envelope, so he pulled out of his pocket and opened it.

“I have some cash in my wallet. Using my credit card is too risky, but remember my hidden money box I told you about few years ago?”

“Yeah, I remember. Is it still there?”

“Yes. Can you get it? You know where the key is for it. Take all of the money out of it, and go shopping. Get me three or four days’ worth of clothes and a bag to put them in, and buy me shampoo, tooth brush, the normal things.”

“Ok… Jack what have you got there?” Sam turned to see Jack looking in the envelope. He stopped and looked at Cassie and Sam.

“Here’s the note.” He passed it to Sam and read it out loud.

“Colonel, Major, here is the losing bets money from the last seven years from all of the SGC personnel who have lost betting on the two of you. We hope this will help you both. If you need any help with anything, call, and we can try to help you both. We owe you a lot; this is just a start as a thank you for saving Earth and SGC in the past seven years. As General Hammond always says, ‘good luck and god speed.’ Good luck, SGC personnel. P.S. General Carter told me where to put it, knowing that you would escape through the hatch, good luck.” Sam smiled.

“Dad knows you all too well,” Jack said.

“Yeah. How much is in there?”

“I’m still counting.”

“Ok.” She turned to Cassie.

“Where’s your mom’s bag?”

“Oh, it’s in the car.” She walked out of the room.

“Jack, want some coffee?”

“Yes, thanks. Why do you need Doc’s bag?” Sam was pouring up the coffee she had made.

“To remove the tracking devices that are in our arms.”

“Sam, you know I hate needles!”

“Trust me.”

“You know I do.”

When Cassie returned, Sam put the cups on the table next to Janet’s bag. “Jack take off your shirt.” Jack removed his shirt while Sam filled a syringe with a numbing solution. She got a cotton swab and daubed some alcohol on it, and then onto Jack’s arm. She then slowly injected the solution into Jack’s arm.

“Sam, you need to teach Doc how to be gentle when it comes to needles.” Sam smiled, and then she injected herself.

“Ok, it will take a couple of minutes before I can remove the trackers.”

“Ok.” They both drank their coffee while waiting.

“So what are you two going to do?”

“We’re not sure yet, but we will need fake IDs. That is why I need my laptop.”

“Sam, you could get into trouble.”

“I haven’t been caught, yet. Anyway, all I’m going to do is change our photo and birth date on our own drivers licences. First things first, Cassie, how long can we stay here?”

“Three days. It’s already been paid.”

“Thanks.” Sam looked at her watch then she looked at Jack, who just finished counting the money.

“How much?”

“Twenty-three thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars.”

“Wow! That is a lot of money,” Cassie said.

“It is.” He laid the envelope on the table.

“Ready?” Sam asked as she picked up the scalpel. He nodded. Sam moved a bit closer so she could make the cut. When she had, she put the scalpel on a wet face cloth then Cassie passed her a pair of tweezers. She slid the tweezers into the cut and pulled out the tracking device, and then put it on the toilet paper, which was in Cassie’s hand.

Sam picked up a cotton ball, which had been saturated with alcohol, and wiped the blood away. She then put a piece of gauze over the cut, and secured it with a couple of pieces of paper tape. When done, she cleaned the scalpel and tweezers, and then she proceeded to remove her own tracking device. Once it was done, she cleaned everything up and put away everything that she had used. When it was done, she returned to her chair.

“Cassie, can you go to Sam’s place first, to get her things, then go to mine? You know the code to the safe, there is cash in there, can you get it and get me some clothes also?”

“Sure, anything else?”

“Yes, can you take the trackers and drop them off at our homes with our wallets?”

“Sure I can handle that. Jack do you need anything from your house?”

“Not at the moment.”

“Ok. I’ll go and do that now. I’ll be back in about three hours.”

“Thanks.” They stood and Cassie picked up her mother’s bag and they walked to the door.

“Here is some money, for gas for your car.” Jack handed her some cash.

“Thanks, Jack.”

“Cassie, do you have the number for this cell phone?”

“Yep. I’ll call before I show up.”

“Good idea,” Jack said.

“I need to go to the bathroom. See you later, Cassie.”

“Ok, Sam.”

“Cassie, would you do something for me?”

“Sure, what is it?

Inside a pamphlet on my dresser, there is a ring circled. Can you go to the jewellery store and buy one in Sam’s size?”

“Sure. What size diamond?”

“It’s all written down, but the prices might have changed, so can you do it?” Cassie eyes widened.

“You going to propose?”

“Shhh, don’t say a word and ‘yes’, since we aren’t on SG1 anymore and well, it looks like we are going to be like this for who knows how long…”

“I understand. I’ll be back in three hours or so.”

“Thanks.” She walked out to her car and got in. Jack watched her drive away with a grin on her face.