samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please. Plus you can see the picture of the ring i choice for this story at *End Notes*


Chapter 6

He closed and locked the door, and then he turned and looked around the room. He walked over to the bed and pulled the covers back before he sat down. He had started taking his boots off when Sam walked out of the bathroom.

“Hey are you ok, Jack?”

“Yeah, I was just taking these boots off, then the pants. I’m feeling a bit tired still.”

“I know what you mean.”

Then she did the same, as well, but she took all her clothes off before getting under the covers. By that time, Jack had joined her. He rolled on to his side and looked at her. He raised an eyebrow then he lifted up the covers and looked down to discover she was naked, which made him smile then he looked up at her.

“Sweet.”

“Someone is wearing too many clothes.”

Jack quickly got out of bed and took off the rest of his clothes, and then he climbed back into bed then immediately on top of Sam.

“You know we have some unfinished business to take care of.” Sam smirked.

“Well then, what did you have in mind?”

He bent over and kissed, beginning softly but instantly growing more passionate. They made passionate love three times before they lay on their backs covered in sweat, while trying to get their breathing under control.

“Sam, if we are going to do that again, we should get some food.” Just then, the cell phone rang. Sam quickly got up and went to answer it, knowing that Cassie was the only person with the number.

“Hello?”

“Sam, I just ordered you and Jack some pizza and Chinese. It has already been paid for and it should be delivered to your room in about ten minutes.”

“Thanks, Cassie.”

“No worries. I even ordered a six pack of Coke; they didn’t have any Diet Coke.”

“Coke’s fine.”

“Ok, have fun you two and I’m happy for you both.”

“Thanks, ‘bye.”

“’Bye, Sam.” Then they hung up. Sam walked over and got back into bed.

“Cassie ordered us some pizza and Chinese. It should be here in ten minutes.”

“Good, ‘cause I’m starving.”

“Well, we haven’t had anything to eat in almost twenty-four hours and considering the workout we have had in the past two hours, I’m not surprised,” she said smiling.

“Yeah. I’m wondering what happened at the SGC.”

“Who knows?” Sam snuggled up to Jack’s side while Jack had his arm wrapped around her with his hands running through her hair.

At the SGC, everything was as normal as it could be, until the NID showed up. General Hammond was in the briefing room with SG3 when Walter knocked on the door before walking in.

“Yes, Walter?”

“I just received word from top side, Sir. Fifteen NID Agents and Vice President Kinsey are heading this way.” Hammond ran his hand over his head and looked at Walter.

“Thank you, Walter. Dismissed.”

“Yes, Sir. Oh, you might need these.” He passed Hammond a bottle of pills. He looked at the label and smiled.

“Thank you, Walter.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Sir, what’s going on? Why are the NID here?”

“Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter have been turned into eighteen year olds, but they still have all their memories.”

“How did that happen, Sir?”

“Dr Felger accidently activated an Ancient device while the Colonel and Major were in the middle of the device range… There’s more, Major Carter now has the Ancient gene and the Colonel has Jolinar’s protein marker and naquadah in his blood. From what Dr Jackson translated, it was part of a wedding ceremony in which ‘two become one’ by combining their DNA. He and SG4 are back on the planet translating more. The bad news is: the control device was badly damaged by the explosion caused by an overload in a naquadah reactor.” He sat back looking at the shocked looks on their faces.

“And they lived, Sir?”

“Yes. There was a shield around them. That’s what saved their lives, since they couldn’t escape.”

“Where are they now?”

“When I last saw them they were in the gate room. Ask Walter, I’m sure he knows where they are.”

“We will, Sir… Sir, what is written on the bottle that made you smile?

“NID and Kinsey hangover pills.” They all grinned.

“From Colonel O’Neill, Sir?”

“It is his handwriting.”

“We know that the NID and Vice President Kinsey have caused a lot of headaches over the years, Sir.”

“That’s true. We will finish this briefing tomorrow at zero nine hundred.”

“Yes, Sir.” They all stood just as the NID and Kinsey walked through the door.

“General Hammond, I have papers here from the President to take Major Carter and Colonel O’Neill into custody.” He put the papers on the table. One of the Marines got Hammond a glass of water.

“Is that right?”

“Sir, here’s your glass of water.” He passed the drink to Hammond.

“Thanks, Major.”

“General, I want you to page both Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter here right now,” he said in an angry tone.

“If you want them, you find them.” Then Walter walked in.

“Sir, you are wanted on the phone.”

“Who is it, Walter?”

“Line two, Sir.”

Hammond knew that it was the President. He turned and walked into his office, and then closed and locked the door. Then he walked over and picked up the phone and pressed the line 2 button.

“Mr President.”

Hammond spent the next fifteen minutes talking to the president, explaining to him what had happened in the past few hours and who had just arrived. While he was talking on the phone, word had already got around about who was on the base. None of the personnel would help the NID look for Jack and Sam, and they hoped that they weren’t on the base.

He opened the aspirin bottle and took out a couple of capsules. He took them with the glass of water. For the moment, all he could do was wait to find out what would happen next.

Jack and Sam were talking when there was a knock on the door. Jack got up and put his BDU pants on before opening the door after he check to see who it was. When he did open it, it was their Chinese dinners, he spoke to the delivery kid for few seconds before closing the door after the kid passed Jack the two bags, then he was gone.

Sam sat up in bed just has he handed the bags to her. Then he went to look for more pillows. When he found some, he returned and put a couple behind Sam then he sorted his out before sitting on the bed. Sam got the containers and chop sticks out and put them on the bed;

“Smells good,” he said.

“Yeah.” Once they had all the food out of the bags, they each picked up a container and opened it, and then dug in with their chopsticks.

“I got mini spring rolls,” Sam said.

“I got the noodles.” They ate and shared each other’s food for ten minutes, until there was another knock on the door.

Jack got up and checked to see who it was before opening up the door. This time, it was the pizza delivery guy. He handed the pizza and six pack of coke to Jack before he left. Jack closed and locked the door then he walked back over to the bed. He set the pizza box on the foot of the bed and then he put the six pack on the bed side table. He took his pants off then he got in back into bed again.

They talked while eating and drinking until all the food was gone. Sam got up and out of bed, she put the rubbish away and then she washed her hands before returning to bed. Then Jack got up and walked in to the bathroom where he relieved himself and washed his hands before returning to bed.

Once they were in bed, Sam snuggled up to his side while he turned on the TV with the remote that was on his bed side table. He flicked through the channels ‘til he came across one showing The Simpsons. Then he looked down to see that Sam was smiling at him.

“What?” he asked.

“Did you know that show was on at this time of day?”

“Yep. I have it recording at home.”

“AH.” She turned to watch at the program, only to fall asleep few minutes later. When the show ended, Jack turned off the TV and put the remote on the night table. He kissed Sam’s forehead before he fell asleep himself a few minutes later.

When Cassie left the motel, she stopped at the pizza place and ordered a pizza and Cokes. She paid for it and asked them to deliver it, in a couple of hours, to Jack and Sam’s room at the motel.

Once done there, she went across the road to the Chinese place and ordered spring rolls, stir fired vegetables, noodles, sweet and sour chicken and fish bites. Once that was paid for, she asked that it be delivered later, also.

Then she went to put some gas in her car since the tank was almost empty. She drove to Sam’s house first.

After collecting Sam’s mail to take inside, she watered the houseplants. Then she set about gathering up the things Sam had requested. She located the laptop and extra battery, which was on the charger, and packed them in Sam’s laptop bag. Next, she got Sam’s emergency money stash. Before leaving, she left Sam’s wallet and microchip tracking device on the breakfast bar, closing and locking the door behind her.

Then she walked back down to her car and got in, and drove to Jack’s place where she collected his mail, opened his safe and got out the money out. Also inside the safe she saw an envelope with the writing. ‘Engagement ring’ on it. She opened it to see money in it and the pamphlet. She pulled the pamphlet out and saw the ring that was circled. It was a 1.5ct princess cut solitaire diamond set in a three millimetre 18kt yellow gold band.

“Jack you sure have good taste,” she said smiling.

Then she put it back in the envelope, closed the safe, and put everything back the way it was. Then she left Jack’s wallet and microchip on the dining room table before leaving. She then went to the mall where she first stopped at a shoe store.

She got Jack and Sam each a pair of sneakers. Once they were paid for; she went to the men’s clothing store. Since she knew Jack’s size, she got him five Simpson’s boxer shorts, as well as socks, T-shirts, shirts, jeans, sweaters and a jacket for him. She got enough clothing for him for five days.

Once that was paid for, she headed back to her car and put bags in the trunk. Then she walked back in and to the women’s store where she got Sam socks, T-shirts that she knew Sam would like, jeans, sweaters and a jacket. She carried everything to the counter and paid for the clothing; then she walked out of the shop and over to the food court where she got her self a drink. She checked her watch to see that she had used up almost two of her three hours. Remembering the food she had ordered, she called the number for Sam’s new cell phone to alert her about the deliveries, which should be there in only a few minutes. Cassie then headed back to her car for her next shopping “project.”

Once the bags of Sam’s new things were loaded, she got in and drove in to town. She drove to the ‘Victoria’s Secret’ boutique where she brought Sam some sexy underwear and nightwear knowing it wouldn’t last on her.

From there, drove to the jewellery store that was indicated on the pamphlet. When she arrived, she walked into the shop and looked around at the rings until a salesman approached her.

“Can I help you, Miss?”

“Yes. My godfather, Jack, asked me to come see if you still have this ring in stock.” She showed him the pamphlet.

“Ah, yes. We still have that one. It’s quite a classic.”

“Good. How much is it?”

“You’re in luck, today is the last day of our sale.”

“Oh, how much is it?”

“This way, please.” They moved over to another display case and he pulled the ring out.

“Wow, Sam is going to love it.”

“Sam?” He frowned. Cassie saw it and smiled, then she pulled out her wallet and showed him their photo.

“This is Jack and Sam.”

“Ah, I know him. He was in here just a couple of weeks ago looking at this ring.” Cassie raised an eyebrow.

“Really? Well, he is away on a classified mission, so he asked me to come here and buy it… it’s about time too,” she said smiling

“Why do you say that?”

“Everyone who works with them has been waiting for almost eight years for him to make his move.”

“I see what you mean. Anyway, this is the last day of the sale.”

“Ok. How much for the ring?” He turned to pick up a basket and turned back.

“Pick a card and scratch it.”

“Ok.” Cassie chose a card, got a coin out of her purse, and then scratched the silvery section on the card.

She read out loud what was written there. “Congratulations, you get three more scratch and win cards.” She showed the card to the salesman.

He offered her the basket to select the three additional cards. She once again used her coin to expose her “winnings.”

“Wow, fifty percent off,” after she scratched the first one.

“Thirty percent off” for the second one.

And “Thirty percent off” for the last one.

“I guess you would like to use the fifty percent off for the ring?”

“Oh, yes, and since today is the last day, I might as well buy the wedding rings while I’m here,” she said grinning.

“This way, please.” He showed Cassie the wedding rings.

She got Sam a three-millimetre 18kt gold band and Jack a six-millimetre 18kt gold band. She opened her bag, pulled out the envelope, opened it, pulled out some of the money, and counted it. She put the extra back in the envelope and back into her bag.

A few minutes, later she walked out of the shop with over twenty five thousand dollars’ worth of rings. Next, she drove to a shop she could buy some nice luggage. She brought two large cases for Jack and Sam.



End Notes: [URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/ALIMOO1971/media/Rings/sleepingbeauty.jpg.html][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/ALIMOO1971/Rings/th_sleepingbeauty.jpg[/IMG][/URL]