samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please :)


Chapter 7

Her next stop was a laundry mat is. She saw there was no one inside, so she grabbed the bags from the trunk, hurried in, and proceeded to wash all the new clothing. She even bought some liquid laundry detergent since she knew that Sam preferred it. She was able to use four washing machines to wash everything at once. She put the jeans in one, T-shirts and shirts in another, sweaters in another and the underwear in the last one.

While the machines were running, she sat down and relaxed reading a magazine. She looked at her watch. The jewellery store purchases had taken half an hour and she still had more to do to complete everything that Jack and Sam needed. Her last stop, when the laundry was finished, would be the supermarket to buy the last of the things they both had requested. She would be able to purchase snack foods for them there.

When the washer containing the underwear finished its cycle, she put them in the dryer knowing they would take only a few minutes. When they were dry, she opened the door and got them out and packed them. By that time, the shirts load had finished, so she put them into the dryer.

A few minutes later, the sweaters load finished, she got them out and laid them on a rack, which was above the dryer, since there was warm heat blowing up to the rack. After getting the jeans into a dryer, she sat and returned to her magazine.

About ten minutes later, she checked on the sweaters and turned them over. By that time the shirts were dry, so she got them, folded them, and put them into the bags.

She had just sat back down when her phone rang. Checking the caller ID, she saw her mother’s name listed.

“Hi, Mom.”

“Hi, Cassie. Can you come to the SGC?”

“Ah, when?”

“Now?”

“Not at the moment. I’m doing some laundry.” Janet frowned.

She knew that all their laundry had been done the day before and from the tone of Cassie’s voice, she knew she was hiding something.

“Cassie, what aren’t you telling me?”

“Mom, not on the phone, ok? And tell Uncle George it’s a shame we can’t send the headache to the Tok’ra or Jaffa.”

“Cassie?”

“Got to go, Mom, ‘bye.” She quickly hung up, then checked to see how long she had been on the call, and then she relaxed.

She knew that the NID had all the SGC phones tapped and they could trace the call but they needed several seconds to a couple of minutes’ time to track the call before the person hang up.

Twenty minutes later the dryer with the jeans stopped. She pulled out the jeans and folded them into two stacks and put them into bags. Then she checked on the sweaters.

They were dry also, so she folded them, and packed them with the jeans. She put the bags in the trunk of her care before she got in and drove to the grocery store. Once done she returned to the motel.

Kinsey and the NID searched the SGC, top to bottom, for three hours. They couldn’t find Jack and Sam anywhere. When Kinsey walked into the Infirmary, Janet was checking over one of the teams that had recently returned.

“Doctor?” he said from outside the curtain. She stepped out and closed the curtain behind her.

“Mr Vice President, I’m busy at the moment.”

“Where are they?”

“Who, Sir?”

“Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter.”

“Don’t ask me. If you will…”

“Where are they?” he yelled.

“I don’t know, and don’t you ever dare yell at me again. This is the Infirmary and peace and quiet need to be maintained here. Now if there is nothing else, get out or do I have to call Security and have you removed?” She glared at him coldly.

He looked around and saw the nursing staff and SG8 looking at them. He turned and stormed out the door.

She turn to them, “If you’re finished, you can leave.”

“What’s going on?” SG8 had just returned from an overnight mission.

“Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter were in an accident which turned them into teenagers. The NID wants them.”

“What? Was it that Ancient device we heard about?”

“Yes, I don’t know all the details, but Dr Felger did something he shouldn’t have.”

“Oh, no! We know what he is like, especially around Major Carter.”

“I know, but it seems that the NID can’t find them anywhere on base.”

“Do you think they left?”

“They have teenaged bodies, but they still have their adult brains and memories.” Then Walter walked into the room.

“Hey, Sergeant, do you know where Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter are?”

“Yes and no?”

“Meaning?”

“They’re not on base. They left through the emergency exit hatch. Where they went, I don’t know, but I just heard, they went home. The NID group is heading to their homes since that’s where their trackers indicate they are.” Janet laughed.

“Doctor?”

“They’re not at home. Sam would have removed the trackers from both her and the colonel and left them at home. They sure know how to tick Kinsey off.” They all laughed.

“Then where could they be?” Janet thought about it and remembered the phone call to Cassie. She realized Sam would have called for her for help since Cassie was the only one she could trust who knows about the SGC.

“I’d say, far away from here. The only one who can track them is Thor… We should have heard from him by now.”

“They could be busy with the Replicators.”

“Could be. If you all will excuse me, I’m going to try to call Sam. Knowing her, she probably left her phone at home.”

“Who knows?” Janet walked into her office while SG8 left to get something to eat.

Janet did try to call Sam, but all she got was voice mail as she knew she would. She walked out of her office and down to General Hammond’s office. When she got there, his door was open, she knocked before walking in. He looked up to see who had entered.

“Doctor, what can I do for you?”

“I heard that the vice president and the NID are gone.”

“I heard that, too.”

“Well, Sir, they sure are going to have fun trying to find Colonel O’Neill and Sam, Sir.”

“What do you mean? I was told they were at their homes?”

“Are they? Their trackers will be.”

“Who would have removed them?”

“Sam would have and my best guess is they are long gone.”

“But where?” They did not know that one of the NID agents was still there listening in.

“There is only one place, Sir, the colonel’s cabin.”

“What about the major’s brother?”

“I’ll doubt it, Sir. He doesn’t have clearance and for Sam to show up on his door step as an eighteen year old, she would have to come up with a pretty fantastic cover story.”

“True. Is there anything else?”

“Not at the moment, Sir. I better get back to work.” She walked out and stopped in shock when she saw the agent disappearing around the corner. She turned to the general.

“It seems that one of the NID agents is still on the base.”

“What?” Hammond stood up in shock and anger.

“He would have heard us, Sir, and will certainly report it to Kinsey.”

“Well, it seems that he did a number on the President.”

“Sir?”

“I spoke to the President just a few hours ago. He didn’t remember signing any NID papers.”

“Forgery, Sir?”

“No, but he did sign some papers this morning, one was from the vice president about some finance deal that he has been doing.”

“It wasn’t that, was it?”

“He knows now.”

“Well, we know what the vice president is like, Sir.”

“True.” He sat down again. Janet walked out of his office and walk back to the Infirmary.

When Sam woke, she opened her eyes to see Jack looking at her, which made her smile.

“Hey, how long have I been asleep?”

“Three hours.” Her eyes widened.

“Cassie?”

“She just called she will be here in half an hour.”

Then he leaned over and gave her a kiss, which became passionate. He rolled on top of her and they made love as they screaming out each other’s name. He collapsed on top of her. When he moved to look at Sam he gave her a kiss.

“How are you feeling?”

“Good, you?”

“I feel wonderful. How about we get up and have a shower before Cassie comes back?”

“Sounds good to me.”

He kissed her again before rolling over, then they got up at the same time. Sam got a bottle of water out of the fridge while Jack went to relieve himself. Sam took a couple of mouthfuls of water, and then she started straightening the bed. When she heard the shower running, she decided to join him. She opened the door and walked in and partly closed it. She stopped and relieved herself before joining Jack in the shower.

“Hey, there’s shampoo and shower gel here.”

“Good.”

Sam washed Jack back for him while he washed his front. Then they swapped places so he could wash her back while she washed her front. Then she rinsed off the soap and wet her hair. They swapped places, again, so he could re-wet his hair, since it was drying.

Once they had finished shampooing and applying conditioner, they swapped around again so she could rinse again. While she was doing that, she was giggling because Jack was sucking on one nipple and fondling the other, and then he swapped breasts. When he was sucking on her breast, Sam to let out a moan.

“Jack you better stop what you are doing, Cassie will be here soon.” He let go and stood up and looked at her.

“Trust you to ruin the moment,” he whined. “I was enjoying myself.”

“I know, but you can enjoy longer later tonight.” She smiled at him.

“I’ll hold you to that.” He kissed her again as he reached around and turned off the water.

Then they got out and Sam grabbed two towels. She handed one to Jack before she dried herself. When they were dry, Jack grabbed her arm, as she was just about to open the door. Then she heard movement and nodded to Jack.

“It’s only me guys.” They relaxed when they heard Cassie’s voice. They wrapped towels around themselves before walking out of the bathroom.

After Cassie finished at the supermarket, she went to her bank and put some money on her credit card. She had used her own money to pay for the hotel and to pay for the clothing. Since she knew she was up to her limit, she put extra money into her account just in case they needed anything else.

Once done there, she drove to the hotel. When she got there, she opened the trunk and got out the two suitcases. Before leaving the supermarket parking lot, she had put everything into the two suitcases. She closed the trunk and carried them both into the motel and to the room.

Luckily, it was on the second floor. She used the key and let herself in, since there was no reply after she knocked on the door. When she walked in, she saw the messy bed partly made. She closed and locked the door then she put both bags on the bed and opened them up and had started sorting things when she heard the shower running.

She had just finished when she heard the water shut off. She walked over to the fridge and got herself a can of Coke, and then walked over and sat down at the table. She had just taken a mouthful when she noticed there was silence coming from the bathroom.

”It’s only me, guys,” she said smiling.

She looked at the door and saw it open to see them walking out with towels wrap around themselves.

“Hi, Cassie. Were you able to get everything?”

“Yep. Here’s your laptop, with the fully charged battery.” She put her hand on top of the laptop case.

“And I got you both new clothes and shoes. The clothes have all been washed except for your new jackets.” She stood as they walked over and checked the clothing,

“Thanks, Cassie. You did great.”

“No problem. I’ll be in there while you two get dressed.” She indicated the bathroom.

“Ok.”

“Call out when you’re dressed.”

“Sure.”

While she was relieving herself, Jack and Sam quickly dressed. Once they were fully clothed, Jack set up the coffee maker while Sam walked to the bathroom door.

“You can come out now.”

“That’s much better and I can tell you two got plenty of rest,” she said grinning.

“Cassie,” Sam said shaking her head.