samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Chapter 8

Sam walked over to the table and got her laptop out and booted it up. Then she sat down and started doing some typing. Cassie sat next to Sam sipping on her Coke.

“Oh, Mom called me. She wanted me to go to the SGC.”

“Why didn’t you go? You could have come back here tomorrow.”

“I was in the middle of washing your new clothes; I think she would have figured it out that Sam called me for help.”

“Cassie, what about your school work?”

“I had the afternoon off, so you guys were lucky.”

“I knew you had it off,” Sam said smiling. Jack walked over with two cups of coffee. He passed one to Sam.

“Thanks.”

“What are you doing, Sam?”

“Changing my drivers’ licence birth date. Then all I need to do is take a photo, exchange it the pictures, print it, laminate it, then it’s done”

“I hope you won’t get caught, Sam” Jack said.

“Trust me.”

“Sam, I think you should do something to change your hair. The NID will be looking for a teenager with short blond hair.”

“Are you suggesting that I dye it?”

“No, hair extensions, there’s a salon here in town that does them. I could call to see if they can do it, say tomorrow, for you?”

“Sam, I think that is a great idea and I think I’ll dye my hair while we’re at it.”

“Well, ok. Call them, please.” Cassie smiled.

She located the room’s phone book and found the number, and then she gave them a call. Jack and Sam listened to her conversation. When she ended the call, Cassie turned and looked at them.

“You have an appointment for nine in the morning.”

“Ok, thanks, Cassie.”

“Well, I’m going to head to the SGC to find out what’s been happening. I’ll e-mail you tonight about what I learn.”

“Thank you so much, Cassie.”

“If you need me you, know where I am.”

“Thanks.” Cassie finished her drink and put the empty can in the trash can, and then she walked to the door with Jack behind her. When Cassie was out the door, she turned to Jack.

“Jack, check your jacket pockets. I’ll call in couple of days.”

“Thanks, Honey.”

Jack closed the door and locked it. Then he turned and walked over to his jacket. He patted the pockets and felt the envelope; he pulled it out and opened it. Inside was the receipt for three rings, the certificate for the value of the engagement ring and the two wedding rings.

He put them back into the envelope and the envelope went into the jacket pocket. Then he felt around until he found a box. He pulled it out and opened it. It was the engagement ring he had selected. He looked at it then at Sam. He put the jacket on back of the chair and walked around to see Sam working. He put his hands on top of hers so she would stop writing. She turned and looked at him.

“Jack, what is it?” He got down on one knee.

“Samantha Carter, I love you.” She smiled.

“I love you, too.”

“Samantha Carter, will you do the honour of marrying me?”

Then he showed her the ring. Sam gasped when she saw it, then she turned and looked at Jack who was still holding her hand.

“Yes, Jack, I will marry you.”

He took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto her finger. Then he put the box on the table just as he stood up and pulled Sam out of the chair.

“I love you so much; you mean the world to me.”

“You, too, Jack.” They hugged and kissed.

“So, care to tell me what you are up to?” Sam smiled then sat down again.

Jack pulled a chair up and sat down. Sam told him what she had done with their driver’s licences. By the time she finished telling him, he was grinning.

“So what do you think, Jack?”

“Sam, you’re crazy, but you know I trust you.”

“I know.”

“But I have a plan”

“What’s that?”
.
“Trust me. I’ll be back in couple of hours”

He stood up, grabbed his jacket, put it on, and then he bend over and kissed her before he walked to the door. When he opened it, he turned back and gave her a huge smile. He walked out to the front of the motel and used a pay phone to call for a taxi.

When the taxi pulled up, Jack got in and told the driver where to go, and then they were on their way to the apartment building where Jon lived. When he got there and he paid for the fare, he was able walk right into the building since someone was leaving. He walked on up to his clone’s apartment. When he got there, he knocked on the door and waited. When the door opened, Jon was shocked.

“Don’t tell me Loki got out.” He let Jack in and then closed and locked the door.

“Nope, it’s really me, Jon. You remember that Ancient machine that Nirrti used?”

“Yeah, Carter almost died. Why? What about it?” Then his eyes widened and Jack nodded. “There is another one; it’s over twice as big as the one Nirrti used. The thing is, both Sam and I look like this.”

“Carter’s eighteen?”

“Yep. Look, I need your help.”

”What do you need?”

“I need to talk to the President.”

“Sure, but why?”

“I need a favor from him.”

“Ok.” They walked over to the phone. Jon picked it up and dialled the number for the President’s phone, and then he opened a drawer and flicked a switch.

“It’s a scrambler Carter made up for me.” Jack nodded.

“Hello, Jon what can I do for you?”

“Mr President, I have Jack here. He wants to talk with you.”

“Colonel O’Neill is with you?” he said in shock.

“Yes, Sir. I’ll pass the phone over to him.” He handed the phone to Jack.

“Thanks.”

“Mr President, this is Colonel Jack O’Neill.”

“Colonel, I’ve spoken to General Hammond. He explained everything that has happened to you and Major Carter… Is she with you?”

“No, Sir, the reason I’m calling is Sam and I need new ID cards since we are teenagers again and Kinsey and his goons are after us.”

“I know all about that, Colonel. I’ll get onto the paperwork right away. It will take few days to get it all sorted.”

“Thanks, Sir… What’s going to happen to us?”

“I don’t know. Any ideas?”

“No, I normally leave that part to Sam, Sir. I’ll talk to her when I see her again tonight.”

“Ok, Colonel. Will you and the Major be alright?”

“For the next couple of days we will, after that I don’t know what we are going to do.”

“Well, try to get to Washington in the next few days. I’ll leave a message with the switch board that I’m expecting your call.”

“Ok, Sir, but say that Jonathan O’Neill is calling, then you know it’s me.”

“Ok, good luck.”

“Thank you, Sir.” Jon flicked the switch again and looked at him.

“What’s going on? What do Kinsey and the NID want from you and Carter this time?” Jack walked over and sat at the table. Jon sat across from him.

Jack spent the next few minutes telling his clone everything that had happened to him and Sam and why the NID were after them. When he finished talking, he looked at his younger self.

“No wonder they are after both of you. We both know that the NID will be watching your homes, the airport, Peterson and the bus station.”

“I know.” He rubbed his hand over his face and hair.

“I can drive you guys to Washington.” Jack looked at him.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Since there isn’t anything going on work wise, why not? It would be good to see Carter again.”

“I’m sure she would like to see you again… Another thing is, we are engaged,” Jon was shocked but happy for him.

“I’m happy for you, did you get the ring?”

“Cassie did and the wedding rings, too.”

“Ok. I saw her yesterday; she sure has grown up to be a beautiful young woman.”

“Yeah, she has alright. I better go now. I’ll talk to you in couple of days.”

“Sure.” They stood and walked to the door; Jack opened it and turned to Jon. He knew that his clone also loved Sam.

“See you later, Jon.”

“Jack, be careful and say ‘hi’ to Sam from me.”

Jack nodded then turned and stepped out and closed the door. He walked outside the apartment building then down to a nearby grocery shop. He went and bought some food and drinks, and then he called for a taxi while on the lookout for any NID.

When the taxi showed up, Jack got in and gave the driver the motel address, and then they were on their way. Jack thought about his clone. He had seen the hurt in his eyes when he told Jon about him and Sam getting married. He had an idea but he needed to talk to Sam about it first.

When he got to the motel, he paid for the fare before getting out with the bags. He hurried up to their room.

“Sam?” He walked in just as the bathroom door opened and Sam stepped out.

“Jack.” she said smiling at him. Then she saw the bags.

“I see you’ve been shopping.”

“Yeah, I bought us some food for the next couple of days.”

“Ok. So, care to tell me where you’ve been? I’ve been worried about you.” Jack put the bags on the counter then he turned and wrapped his arms around her.

“I know you were, Sam, but everything is fine.” He kissed her tenderly.

“So where have you been?”

“I went to see Jon.”

“Your clone? How is he?”

“Good, but shocked. He thought Loki had escape and created another mini me. Oh, he says ‘hi’ by the way.” Sam smiled/

“You told him?”

“Everything, including about us.” He lifted her left hand and looked at the ring that was on her finger, then back at her.

“How did he take it?”

“Good but I know him… He’s hurting.”

“Me?”

“Yeah. I was thinking, if Thor does ever show up, what do you think about cloning yourself for Jon?”

“Mini Sam?” Jack smiled.

“Yeah?”

“Well, let’s just hope that Thor can make it, where ever he is.”

“So I take it, that’s a yes?”

“Yes.”

“Then you shall be rewarded.”

He gave her a kiss then he scooped her up in his arms and carried her over to the bed and laid her down on it. He undressed her while she undressed him. Then he laid on top of her and gave her a kiss, they made passionate love three times. Later, Sam snuggled up to his side.

“Jack?”

“Yes, Sam?”

“You can reward me any time.” He looked at her then gave her a kiss.