samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please
Warning: there couple of swear word in this chapter


Chapter 9

“Well, then I’ve got a lot of rewarding to do.” Sam’s reply was a giggle.

“Yes, you do!”

“Seven years of catching up to do.”

“That’s true, but at least we’ve made a start.”

“Yeah.” He kissed her again before he got up and walked over to the kitchenette naked.

He put almost everything away then he got two spoons and picked up two large tubs of ice cream

“We better eat these before they melt,” he said as he walked back over to the bed.

He passed one to Sam with a spoon, and then he climbed back in to bed and sat up leaning against the headboard. He watched Sam as she ate her ice cream while he was eating his.

“Mmm, it’s been a while since I last had ice cream,” she said.

“So, what do you want to do tonight?”

“Stay here in bed with you,” she said smiling.

“That I can handle.” He leaned over and gave her a kiss, then quickly put her spoon in his mouth, and taking the ice cream from her spoon.

“Hey, that’s not fair!” He placed a spoonful of his ice cream in front of her, and she did what Jack had done.

“Good?” he asked.

“Yes. So are you going to tell me why you were at Jon’s?”

“I spoke to the President. Jon has a direct line to the oval office.”

“I know.”

“Oh. Well anyway, I spoke to the President. He wants us to go to Washington in the next few days.”

“How are we going to get there?”

“Jon’s going to take us since he hasn’t got much to do and I think we can take turns driving as long as we don’t get pulled over without a driver’s licence.”

“Good idea.”

Sam got out of bed and took her empty container into the kitchen to the trash can and put the spoon in the sink. She got two bottles of water before walking back to bed. She passed one over to Jack before she put hers down, then she walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

Jack picked up the remote and turned on the TV to see what was playing. He saw a good movie, so he put down the remote just as Sam walk back out again and got back in to bed. They snuggled under the covers and watched the movie.

When the movie was over, it was getting late so Jack turned off the TV. He finished his nightly ritual in the bathroom and then checked the door lock before returning to bed and turning out the lights. Sam snuggled up to his side and they kissed.

“’Night, Sam.”

“’Night, Jack.” They closed their eyes and fell asleep just moments later.

The next morning when they woke, they kissed and made love twice before getting up and having a shower and getting dressed. When there was a knock on the door, Sam hid in the bathroom while Jack answered it. It was Cassie with breakfast for them. She didn’t stay, only entered the room long enough to give them each a hug.

After Cassie left and the door had been locked, they both enjoyed their breakfast while they talked about their plans for the day. When they finished their breakfast, and sorted out their things, they left ten minutes apart and got into taxis, Jack having walked around the corner and down a couple of blocks first.

When they meet up at the hairdresser, Sam was having hair extensions applied while Jack was getting his dyed. He chose a light sandy brown, and Sam’s extensions reached her shoulder blades. Since the hair extensions were a slightly different shade, they were going to dye Sam’s hair so it would be the same color.

After Jack’s hair was done, he looked at Sam before he walked out of the salon and down the street to where couple of clothing shops were. He entered and bought some clothes for himself. Then he walked down to a Victoria’s Secret shop and brought Sam some sexy underwear and nightwear.

After paying for all of them, he asked the clerk to call for a taxi for him. He waited for only a few minutes for the taxi to arrive, and then he got in and headed back to the motel to drop off the bags. He then left to return to town for more shopping. He got Sam some clothes and four swimsuits.

By then he was hungry, so he grabbed a late lunch before returning to the motel room. When he got there, he sorted out the clothes then he walked down to the laundry room where he put a load of clothes through the big washing machine. While that was going through, he returned to the room and used Sam’s laptop to Solitaire for twenty minutes then he walked back down to the laundry room to see that the load was almost finished.

He moved everything to the large capacity dryer. After he put some money in the machine and it started up, he then returned to the room and watched some TV while the clothing was drying. When it was time, he walked down to the laundry room to hear the dryer still going. So he waited for ten minutes, meanwhile planning their route to Washington.

He was lost in thought when he heard the dryer stop. He opened the door and put the clothing into four bags, and then he walked back to their room and started folding and packing for their trip.

When he had finished, left their room and walked down to the reception area and used the public phone to call a restaurant and order take away for their dinner. When he finished on the phone, he returned to their room and left a note for Sam then he left again to go back into town.

When Sam’s hair extensions were added, her hair dyed and the ends trimmed, she paid the hair dresser in cash and thanked them and asked the cashier to phone for a taxi for her. She got into the taxi and headed directly to the motel.
She knocked on the door, but there was no response. She was wondering where Jack was when she heard his voice. She turned and saw him walking towards her with bags in hand.

“Sorry, Sam, I almost didn’t recognise you.”

“I think that’s probably good. So, do you like?”

“Oh, yeah.

“Mmm, something smells good.”

“It’s dinner.” He unlocked the door and opened it.

They walked inside and Sam locked as she stepped in behind him. She walked over to the table and put the key down, and then she stepped into the bathroom so she could relieve herself and wash her hands while Jack was sorting out their dinner.

When she walked out of the bathroom she got them both a drink then she walked over and sat down, and looked at what Jack had gotten them, while she put two bottles of water on the table.

“Well, Sam, I hope you like it.”

“Yes, I’m sure I will.” They discussed Jack’s suggested route for their trip and made a few changes as they enjoyed their meal. They decided to head east and take Interstate 70.

“Any idea what time Cassie coming over in the morning?” Sam asked.

“No, but I was thinking we should leave very early, just in case any NID are still around.”

“I was thinking the same thing.”

“It’s almost 1700 miles. If we stay on I70, we will go by Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Columbus, Ohio. We can stop for a night anywhere near one of those large cities. Or we can continue toward Pittsburgh, where we head south on I79. When we get into West Virginia, we can find a place to stop, and then the next day we can take I68 the rest of the way to DC.”

“Jack, I would rather drive straight through. As you said before, we all can take turns at the wheel.”

“That’s true, Sam, but are you sure?”

“Yes, Jack.”

“Ok, as long as we stop every three or four hours so we can stretch our legs and take turns driving.”

“I was thinking the same thing.”

“Ok, good. Anyway, I brought us some more clothes.”

“Thanks!” They talk about other things until they finished eating and together they cleared up the rubbish. Once that was done, they decided to have an early night since it was going to be a long day the next day.

When Cassie and Janet were at home, Cassie was doing some homework while Janet was taking a soak in the bath after a busy long day at the SGC. It was after eleven when Cassie heard two vans pull up outside the house.

She got up and walked to the front door. Without turning on any lights, she looked behind the curtain to see men in suits getting out of the van. Kinsey was with them and she saw two syringes, so she quickly returned into the kitchen and grabbed her cell phone. She ran up the stairs while she sent a text message to Sam. Once she pressed ‘send’, she deleted the phone number, and then she called General Hammond while she burst into the bathroom.

“Cassie!” Janet yelled.

“Hammond.”

“Mom get out of the tub,” she said to her Mom then she said,

“Uncle George the NID are here and so is that asshole Kinsey and some doctor.” Then they heard the door smash. Janet quickly got out of the tub and grabbed her robe.

“They’re in the house; they’re looking for Jack and Sam.”

“Do you know where they are?”

“Yes. Please send back up!” The door slammed open and they saw a guy with a zat.

“Found them!”

Luckily, Cassie had moved the phone and put it in Janet’s robe pocket so that General Hammond could hear everything. Then Kinsey walked in.

“Where are Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter?”

“Who do you think you are breaking into my house?” Janet demanded.

“Where are they?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care!”

“Take them downstairs.” The two men grabbed them.

“Hey, let me go you over-grown bully!” Cassie yelled.

They were dragged downstairs and made to sit at the table, and then their hands were tied behind their backs.

“Ow! You’re hurting me!” Cassie complained.

“Shut up! Now, Doctor, I know you are a friend of the Major, where are they?”

“As I said,”

“Stop lying… give her the injection.”

“What are you doing?”

“It’s a truth serum.”

“I’m telling you…Ow… the truth!” Hammond heard everything over the phone.

“Walter!” He yelled. Walter ran into the office.

“Yes, Sir?”

“Get a message to Prometheus. Have them beam Dr. Fraiser and Cassie out of their house… NID have got them. Have them beamed straight into the Infirmary. Dr. Fraiser has been injected with some sort of truth serum.”

“Yes, Sir.” Then he ran out of the room. Hammond had been listening and taping everything he could hear.

Jack was awakened by a beeping noise from the cell phone. He turned on the light, which woke Sam. Then he got out of bed to get it.

“Jack, what is it?” She saw him walk over to the phone and press a couple of buttons.

“Shit! Sam get dressed, the NID got Cassie and Doc!” Sam quickly got out of bed and starting getting dressed while Jack called Jon.

“Hello?”

“Jon, it’s Jack. We’ve been made.”

“Ok. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes. I’ll meet you guys out front.”

Jack quickly dressed and they finished packing their bags, making sure they got everything. They were out the door ten minutes later. They walked outside and hid and waited

“Jack, what was the message?” He passed the cell phone to Sam and she read the text message.

‘NID got Mom and me, get out and good luck’.

“Oh, my God!”

“Don’t worry. The sooner we get things sorted out in Washington, the sooner we can take care of those bastards.”

“You know that this will be the end of Kinsey’s career.”

“Yeah, and that does not upset me at all.” He held onto Sam’s hand.

“Don’t worry everything is going to be ok.”

“I know.”

At Janet’s house, the intruders were waiting for the injected serum to take effect.

“I want to know, where are Colonel O’Neill and Major Carter?” Janet was feeling half dopey.

“I don’t know.”

“Damn it!” He hit the table making Cassie jump. Then he looked at her.

“What about you, do you know where they are?”

“Bite me, you asshole!” He slapped her across the face.

“You know where they are!”

“As I said, bite me.” He slapped her again.

“Give her the injection. She knows where they are.”

“Why don’t you shove that needle where the sun doesn’t shine Mr Vice Pain in the SGC Ass…Ow... President?”

“You know don’t you?” He bent down toward her face.

“I hope you can sing, asshole.” Then she kicked him in the crotch so hard he lifted slightly off the floor. He grabbed his crotch as his face went red in pain and he crumpled to the floor.

“You’re going to pay for that” he managed to utter in a whimpery, whiny voice.