samandjack.net

Story Notes: Title: No One Else

Author: Aquila

E-mail: raptus@mailcity.com

Summary: Sam's thoughts over what she said in "Pretense."

Spoilers: Pretense, Enigma, Foothold, Broca Divide

Rating: PG

Category: Sam and Jack, Sam POV

Status: Finished.

Season: 3

Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only no profit is being made off this story. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.

Archive: Heliopolis, Sam and Jack Relationship Archive, others Ask.

Feedback: Sure. No flames please.

Author's Notes: This is just a short little thing I wrote on Sam's thoughts after she speaks to Narim in Pretense. I just wanted to get into her head for a while and write what she may be thinking. Enjoy!


"There is another." Narim stated.

"NO! Not in the way that you mean!" Samantha answered.

There's no one else. Yeah right, and Teal'c is the Queen of England. What was I thinking??? Who am I bluffing? No one else? Well, not yet. But I do have someone in mind. Okay, Narim is an okay guy. But...like I said, I have to be sure that it's my feelings and not some of Jolinar's leftover ones. I kind of lied there, sure I can feel some of what she could, but it doesn't control me. Narim is smart and kind. But he doesn't have a sense of humor (or not one that I'm aware of.) He's older than me, probably more than just a few years, although I don't have a problem with that. He's not exactly a 10 in the looks department either. He reminds me of that Data guy from Star Trek. Eck! He's sure no Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford has gray hair. This brings me back to the "No One Else" I was talking about. Lets see, gray hair, sarcastic, a good friend, strong, kind (well, I guess you have to know him to verify this one), the most beautiful deep brown eyes, and he's my superior. My Colonel. We're not involved, but I think of him as more than just a friend. He can be pretty sweet and sensitive too. And I don't care if he's not a rocket scientist, that's not all that matters. We've gotten a lot closer in the past few weeks. Right after that Foothold situation and befriending Mayborne.

Damn. This may be the most confusing point of my life! I like Narim but I like the Colonel more! Okay, I see Jack, almost every day though. Narim lives on another planet. What would even be the point of trying to see him? The General wouldn't allow trips like that for personal business in that matter. Shit. Am I actually leaning towards the Colonel's side. I guess so. Its not like I haven't already completely fallen head over heels for him. And he has a sense of humor. Those witty sarcastic remarks that most of the time come up in the wrong place, wrong time sense. I have no clue what to do. Well, I guess its not like I'm going to see Narim anytime soon. Ugh. I see the way he looks at me a lot. After a while it gets pretty disgusting. I can't believe I kissed him once! It was a long time ago and I was stupid and a bit lonely, I hadn't really been kissed in a while. I got over that, though. I kissed Jack once too, even if I wasn't exactly me when it happened, I know that Jack had kissed back before he realized what was happening. And who does Narim think he is, just walking through the iris? What an invasion of privacy! Someday he'll get shot. He could have put a note on the cat to at least give us a little more warning. And we saved their whole world! I know their protecting trade secrets, but come on! Hell, I think I went through this same situation with Martouf. Jack won. I think he will this time too. Look at all those alternative realities. We always seem to be married, or engaged, or have kids - sometimes a lot of them! Jack can and does protect me, at any cause and he knows how to fight, that's a lot said compared to Narim. Jack loves kids too. Look at him with Cassie, or now with Skaara, even though he's not really a kid anymore. Jack treats them like their his family. He treats us like we all are; me, Daniel, Teal'c, even General Hammond. Why should we fight fate? For all I'm concerned, I never want to see Narim again. I love Jack, and that's all there is to it. And now that I think about it, saying that there is "Someone else" would probably make people back off a lot sooner.



The End