samandjack.net
[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: An old enemy, a new enemy and a few surprises create a stalemate situation for SG-1.
Rated: PG13
Categories: Characters: None
Genres: Action & Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance
Original Archive Date: 2002 Sep 9
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: More Than a Game
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 27547 Read: 2952
Published: Aug 30, 2009 Updated: Aug 30, 2009
Story Notes:
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 6 after 'Abyss'; indirect sequel to 'Queen Vs. Queen' and part of the 'More than a Game' series.

SPOILERS: Slight ones for 'Hathor', 'ItLoD', 'Entity', 'Desperate Measures', 'Proving Ground'. Definite ones for all Tok'ra/Goa'uld mythology episodes. Slight spoilers of season six story-arc rumours up to 'Abyss'.

'ABYSS' DISCLAIMER: At the time of writing this story, I haven't seen 'Abyss'. I had the idea of using Baal as a lead villain before I knew he was the bad guy in that episode so I apologise if anything within this story jumps out as being in direct opposition with the events of the episode. With the help of some friends who have seen the episodes (see Dedications below), I've done my best to include certain issues brought up in the episode. It may, however, be best that those of you who have seen 'Abyss' read this story with the view that it is a slight AU.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Can be read as a follow-up to 'Queen Vs. Queen' but it can be a standalone - just know there was a change in Sam and Jack's relationship in that story. I started writing after the events of 'Meridian' and haven't seen much/any of season six. Despite that, the story is set after season six's 'Abyss' due to the supposed events of that episode that have ramifications in here. The character of Jonas Quinn doesn't appear much (if at all) even though I think he's a really great addition to the show - the reason for this is because I started the story after only seeing him once in 'Meridian' and didn't feel I knew enough to involve him as much as I'd like. The spelling of 'Baal' used in this story/series is taken from the season 5 DVD subtitles and all the mythology books/websites - I know this might have changed with season 6 but I'm going with the one I know.

DEDICATION: Ruthie AKA Jammy Evil Mole, as ALWAYS, for all of the support and encouragement and help with research. Ruthie, my fellow JJAddict, it's your turn: Write, FCOL, to make me COL. ;) Big thanks also, as usual, to Lynn for her encouragement and suggestions. Thanks also to MK for supplying me with answers and hints on how to write about an episode I haven't seen! Big thanks also to Maz for reading it through and giving me her opinion - another one who saw the episode and read the fic in the right order, unlike me, and did her best to try and talk me through it! Maz, we'll have to 'do lunch' again soon!

1. Chapter 1 by Jo R [Reviews - 0] (27547 words)