samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers- Teeny tiny one for CotG at the very end

Heard a song, thought of this, wrote it pretty quick, won't read it again. Lol

Dedication- This one's for Jackie seeing as she's the only reason I heard the song in question. Go on! Guess which one it is! ;) Huge Thanks to AJ for the beta, you're a star!

Email- eventhorizon@totalise.co.uk

Copyright- Samantha Fox 06/03.


Sliding Doors


The end of another Friday came and Jack O'Neill walked slowly towards the subway station. He hadn't been at work all week like most of the people running to be on time for the subway car. He had once again retired from the United States military. However, Friday nights still told him that this week was over and that the next one would soon begin. It was a continuous cycle that he had become accustomed to. A cycle he used to measure his weeks, the Fridays meaning yet another week of his bleak life had passed him by again.

With a bottle of wine in one hand and a small bag of groceries in the other, he headed home to another night alone in front of the TV. As the rain poured down on him something caught Jack's eye, or rather someone. A tall blonde with short hair and a long black raincoat ducked into the station. He found himself following her, not really noticing whether she was heading the way that he needed to go.

Standing just a few people behind her on the escalator he peered over the open newspaper of the man in front of him to catch another glance. Half running after her when they reached the bottom he stepped onto the car just as the doors were about to close. Breathing heavily, more from adrenalin than the actual running, he looked desperately around for her. The blonde woman was nowhere to be seen. Thankfully Jack found that in his desire to find the mystery woman he was in the right car.

He began searching for her, with the crazy notion of asking her round for dinner. He started running over and over in his head what he might say if he could find her. The stops seemed to come all too quickly and before he knew what was happening he saw her walk out of the car. Following her instinctively, without checking which stop they had reached, Jack beat the sliding doors once again. Looking around, desperately trying not to lose sight of her, he reminded himself of the need to stay calm. Then he realized that she had vanished for a second time.

Jack was about to give up all together and look for a way home when someone tapped him on the shoulder from behind. Spinning around quickly Jack held his breath in the hope that she had seen him too and was going to make the first move. "Do you know which way Chilton Street is?" A young man asked. Jack shook his head in reply, unable to fight the disappointment. So with a bottle of wine in one hand and a small bag of groceries in the other he headed home to another night alone in front of the TV.


*1 Year Later*

Jack O'Neill sat quietly, taking in the appearance of the new female member of his team. As the tall, feisty blonde walked confidently over to her seat he couldn't fight the feeling that he had seen her somewhere before. Shrugging it off as a simple case of déjà vu Jack got on with the briefing. Whether he had seen her before or not he was certain that getting to know her was going to be fun.

The End