A Little Indiscretion by Adelie King
Summary:

What Jack O'Neill and Samantha Carter consider a minor interaction between them leads to big trouble...


Rated: PG13
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Humour, Romance, UST/Friendship
Original Archive Date: None
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 | Word count: 7847 | Completed: Yes | Published: Oct 16, 2010 | Updated: Oct 21, 2010 | Read: 27100
Story Notes:

I wrote this for fun and ended up with something completely unexpected so I decided to share it with my readers....

1. Chapter 1: One Minor Indiscretion by Adelie King

2. Chapter 2: Deep In It by Adelie King

3. Chapter 3: Mixed Stories by Adelie King

4. Chapter 4: Cover Up by Adelie King

5. Chapter 5: by Adelie King

Chapter 1: One Minor Indiscretion by Adelie King
Author's Notes:

Jack and Sam get caught doing something they shouldn't have by someone they would never have wanted

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1, characters, settings etc. are property of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended. Original characters and plots are property of the author. No profit is being made from the fiction.


A Little Indiscretion

by Adelie King


Chapter One: One Minor Indiscretion


During the entire negotiation Colonel Jack O'Neill sat in his usual completely untrusting suspicious fashion. Their newest Tokra allies he still didn't trust because of their secretive behavior. To make matters worse Captain Samantha Carter's dad Jacob Carter became joined with Selmac of the Tokra. The whole meeting Jack looked uncomfortable and Sam knew it.

In between the session and the next session Jack looked in Carter's direction and gestured his head and eyes down the hall. Sam knew he didn't do that unless something was really eating away at him. He walked down the hall hands in both his dress uniform pockets and Sam quickly caught up to him, "Sir, what's going on?" She asked quietly.

Jack touched her arm and instructed in a loud whisper, "Come with me." He looked around to see it was clear first. Then they snuck around a tight corner to speak privately. "You know I don't trust these people Carter." Jack reminded her and the stressed, "Something is not right here."

"I agree with you Sir." Sam told him in a loud whisper leaning against the wall to keep hidden, "Something is suspicious even my dad and Selmac told me that."

For some reason their hearts began to race the closer they got to each other. Magnetism began that wasn't there before.

Jack stepped closer placing his arm on the cave wall above her and asked, "Then what are we doing here?" He paused and moved closer, "If this is a trap." His face was very close to hers now.

"It may be a way of luring a Goa'uld operative out or something I don't know." Sam whispered even lower speculating. Her body was feeling faint and her legs started to lose their balance.

He moved even closer and asked, "So what do you suggest we do?" His lips were practically on hers without thought. Her breathing deepened and she felt a sexual tension that was unmistakable between them. 

"I don't know maybe we should just." She was interrupted when their lips claimed each other's abruptly. Their tongues danced around one another and their breathing got louder through their noses. It was a long loving sudden kiss. Her arms went around Jack and his around her in a warm embrace.

Then someone unexpected walked by who they were going to wish didn't and saw them. He immediately reacted too, "What the hell are you two doing?" Jacob Carter abruptly interrupted them.

They broke apart and stepped away instantly. "Dad!" Sam was beyond shocked and started to panic internally. "Nothing..." She said looking like a girl who got caught kissing a boy her dad didn't like.

Jacob glared in Jack's direction. "Uh...nothing...Sir" It was the only thing Jack could think of to say as he turned white. His move on Carter was instinctual and it just happened.

"Nothing!" Jacob was calmly outraged and his glare bore right through both of them. "This doesn't look like nothing to me."

She tried to explain, "Dad, it's not what you think." but was interrupted.

 He then looked back at Jack with a death glare. "You leave Sam...I'll deal with you next." Jacob ordered her away to tear Jack a new one. She left with a sudden state of guilt. He stalked up towards Jack.

Sam remained on the other side of the wall in case her CO needed bailing out.

"It just happened okay." Jack had his hands up completely sincere, "I never intended this to happen."

"Just happened." Jacob was not the type to accept excuses, "You were kissing my daughter and your direct subordinate." He paused in disbelief and asked him, "If I caught you with your pants down and your dick inside her would you say that."

Sam's jaw dropped in shock and disbelief.

"No but I'm not stupid enough to do that in public." He told him but it came out wrong and he knew it, "I mean..." Jack was out of words now waiting for the firing squad to show up, "Oh God."

Sam smiled amused by his slip on the other end and covered her mouth to keep herself quiet.

Jacob then interrogated him in a deadly fashion, "So you two are sleeping together..."

Her eyes grew with her mouth still covered.

"No..." Jack quickly denied and remarked, "I wish." He knew he stuck his foot in his mouth again. "We've never had sex I swear...I hadn't kissed her once or had any intention when it happened." Jack paused and blabbed on, "I never knew I was even attracted to her until now."

Her jaw was on the floor...and she smiled again.

"So you do want to sleep with her..." Jacob accused.

"Well yeah who wouldn't?" Jack remarked and caught himself again, "I mean...she's" He almost said hot but covered himself, "she's an incredible woman...Sir" He smirked nervously, "And beautiful."

Sam smiled flattered and amused by his adorable reactions.

"Yes she is and that's why I'm going to kill you if you ever touch her again." Jacob warned with deadly intentions. "If you do I'm going to castrate you then I'm going to get you kicked out of the service." He paused and asked Jack firmly, "Is that clear?"

"Yes Sir." Jack practically saluted him in agreement, "It won't happen again." He backed away, "I swear." He saw Sam smiling with her arms crossed when he came around the corner. Jack couldn't help remarking, "I'm glad you find this so amusing Carter."

Before she could say anything her dad called to her, "Sam, you get over here right now." She made is cute ‘I'm in trouble' expression as she went around the corner, "I'll straighten this out Sir." Sam assured him.

"Well you'd better." Jack decided to wait there just like she did to hear what he was going to say to her. He leaned back against the wall hands tucked in both slack pockets.


"Dad, it's not what you think..." Sam had her hands up assuring him, "There's a good explanation for what you saw."

"Yes there is." Jacob started now, "You were kissing your CO behind a wall." His voice went up and he added, "You're glad I caught you instead of General Hammond." He then reminded her, "Do you know what could happen to you if your affair got out."

Jack smirked on the other side just waiting how she would respond to this.

"Nothing would happen because there was no affair dad." Sam stood her ground crossing her arms, "And even if there was it would be none of your business anyway. I'm a grown woman and you have no right to tell me who I should be with."

"Well maybe if I did you would've never hooked up with that Jonas guy." Jacob made a justification.

"And I did dump him on my own if you remember." Sam reminded him, "You weren't around then."

Jack couldn't help smiling at her response to him and remained to hear the rest.

"So you don't deny that you would have an affair with Colonel O'Neill if you wanted." Jacob said accusatively.

"After the way you're reacting I'm considering it." She crossed her arms glaring at him.

Jacks jaw dropped and his eyes wandered in confusion.

"What?" Jacob reacted, "You're telling me that you'd sleep with that sarcastic, selfish, pompous CO of yours!"

"In a heartbeat..." Sam bravely got in his face and then defended him, "He is the least selfish, bravest caring man I've ever known." She paused and told him, "And I will not allow you to bash him like that."

Jack was beyond surprised by the way Sam was defending him. He scratched his head as the conversation continued in a more interesting direction.

"Sam, will you listen to yourself..." Jacob realized something that he thought she didn't, "It sounds to me that you have feelings for him you're not supposed to." He paused and pointed out, "It sounds to me that you're falling in love with him."

Jack's eyes flew open when Jacob said that and he waited for Carter's rebuttal.

"And what makes you think that?" Sam said with discomfort starting to pace and looked at him, "Just because we shared a kiss that I may add we did to conceal our conversation in case someone walked by we didn't want to hear us." She made up a great cover and made it look logical.

Jack stood there and whispered, "Very clever Carter..." He knew she was brilliant and she just proved it again. The argument wasn't over though.

"If that was a cover up Sam it was a little too convincing too me. You were completely into it when I stumbled on you doing it." Jacob pointed out, "And now you just proved to me that you are in love with him."

Sam knew he was right and she had to face it now. She was starting to cry now and she rarely cried unless something was really wrong. "Please stop it dad."

Jack stood there wanting to do something but knew he shouldn't step in. He didn't want her to know what he just heard.

"Sam, do you have any idea what this could do to you...to your career?" Jacob stressed reminding her, "You've worked too hard to lose everything for your love for your CO." He then decided, "I'm going to tell Hammond to have you transferred."

Jack's eyes flew open, his jaw dropped, his breathing quickened and he swallowed. The fear of her being transferred away from him suddenly left terror which he didn't feel often.

"You would do that just because I love my CO." Sam admitted it finally, "You have no right. I'm an adult and you do not control me anymore." She told him off, "If I sleep with him that's my business and his." Sam then demanded, "You stay out of it."

Jack fell against the wall floored by her declaration of love for him. He wanted to smile and cry at once. He rubbed his hands down his face and when he heard her storming away he quickly hid behind the wall to conceal his presence.

"Sam you get back here right now!" Jacob demanded following after her.

"Fuck you dad!" Sam completely shocked Jack and her father with that one, "I don't care what you think!" The next moment she came around the corner finding Jack there with her father following.

Soon as they were in view of him she ordered to Jack, "Come here." Then she pulled him by his head to her laying one of the most intense kisses Jack ever experienced.

He was so shocked he was going to lose balance. Jack's eyes fell closed and he kissed her back. The kiss lasted a while and as expected Jacob didn't react well, "Sam, what the hell are you doing!" That's what Jack wanted to know. Jacob knew it was her not Jack this time.

She pulled away breaking the kiss abruptly leaving Jack breathless and taunted her dad, "Boy he's a good kisser dad...I can't wait to bed him." Sam said facetiously to make her point wiping her mouth off. Jack put his hands up defensively and confused at the same time in a ‘don't look at me' expression. "I bet he's really good at it too." Sam continued to taunt her dad her hands on her hips.

"Actually I am." Jack remarked without thought smugly. Then her dad glared at him and he got defensive and threw in the towel, "Never mind... I'm out of this conversation." Jack threw his hands up and finally left.

The Negotiations were starting again and someone announced it. Jacob assured her, "I'll deal with this later." He walked back to the meeting room.

 

Chapter 2: Deep In It by Adelie King
Author's Notes:

Sam and Jack are in deep trouble and more trouble is brewing for the both of them

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1, characters, settings etc. are property of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended. Original characters and plots are property of the author. No profit is being made from the fiction.


A Little Indiscretion
by Adelie King

 

Chapter Two: Deep in It

Jack got back in the briefing room with an unmistakable expression on his face. Daniel Jackson saw it quickly and went up to him, "Jack what happened?" He asked in his calm demeanor.

"Oh nothing..." Jack rubbed his hair frustrated and growled in a loud whisper, "Carter just led her father to believe we're sleeping together that's what happened." He was clearly panicked, "Which we both know didn't happen."

Daniel asked, "And what made him believe that?" He crossed his arms and remarked, "Is there something you two haven't told me?"

"For one thing she grabbed the back of my head and pulled my mouth to hers laying a big wet one on me." Jack complained still keeping his voice down, "In front of her dad."

"Well I can see why he'd think that then." Jackson commented in agreement and understanding. Then he inquired, "And what started this in the first place?" Jack turned away rubbing his neck nervously. Daniel asked, "What'd you do?"

"We kissed it just happened." Jack finally confessed in frustration and then explained, "We got to close to each other whispering about the negotiations and before we knew it our mouths were joined." He scratched his head his heart still racing. Jack looked down and slowly finished, "Then Jacob Carter walked by and saw us."

"Oh that was really bright Jack." Daniel told him bluntly.

Jack barked, "Will you get off it." Then he told him, "I'm in enough trouble already. Carter's dad is already going to see Hammond and have her transferred because of it."

"What!" Daniel was shocked, "He can't do that." He observed, "It was one little indiscretion. It could happen to anyone."

"I know that Daniel." Jack's voice lowered irritated, "But Carter's father now thinks she's in love with me and that she's planning to sleep with me." He paused and predicted; "Now she's going to be off the team if Jacob has his way."

Daniel logically asked, "Maybe if we explained to General Hammond what exactly happened. He might back off."

"I highly doubt that." Jack assumed, "Why would he listen to me over General Carter?"

"Because Hammond knows you better than him." Daniel affirmed, "He knows you wouldn't do anything to hurt or ruin Sam's career."

"We still kissed Daniel; I doubt he's going to react well to that." He stated the facts.

"Well its better than being castrated by Sam's father." Daniel pointed out. Jack knew he had a point. Then he recommended, "Go see Hammond soon as you get back." Jack finally nodded in agreement even though the chance of a serious reprimand was there for him and Sam. "And Sam should go see him too." Daniel stressed. Now Jack was really stressed.

The next moment Sam came in clearly stressed and upset from her argument from her father. She looked at Jack in a different way than before one that Daniel quickly summed up. He then curiously inquired, "Are you sure Sam is not in love with you?"

"No Daniel, she just said that to irk her father." Jack swore up and down unable to look in her direction.

"Well she sure looks like she is to me." Daniel argued with clear observation, "This may be more of a problem than we assumed."

"You may be right." Jack couldn't help agreeing when he finally looked up at her. Then he looked her up and down.

"You'd better talk to her first before Jacob or you talks to Hammond." Daniel highly stressed feeling a bit nervous for them himself. He then asked, "Do you feel the same way?"

"I...uh." He couldn't exactly answer his question, "I don't know yet." Jack looked at Sam and saw her head down another hall. "Oh crap." He casually went after her.

Soon as he caught up he stressed, "Carter, we really need to talk." His tone was deadly serious, "We now have a really serious problem here." Jack reminded her, "Your father thinks we're having an affair."

"Don't remind me okay." Sam agreed flustered, "I'm stressed out already." Her hands on her hips combatively.

"So what are we going to do about it Carter?" Jack made a serious inquiry tucking his hands in his slack pockets, "Hammond is going to want an explanation after your father gets to him."

"I don't know yet." She admitted, "I'm trying to think of something Jack." She was now using his first name all of a sudden.

"How about we go to General Hammond and convince him nothing is going on." Jack suggested logically, "Since nothing is going on..." He said the last part as if he was unsure. Sam gave an expression that worried him making him ask. "There isn't is there?"

Now Sam was speechless and lied, "No there isn't..." It was clear she lied because she couldn't look him in the face.

"Carter?" Jack addressed her as from a parent to a child, "I know you too well. You're lying to me." Then he asked firmly, "Is what your father pried out of you true?"

"What?" She looked at him acting innocent but he still knew better.

"That you're falling in love with me?" He asked his voice turning gentle waiting for an answer. Sam was really flustered now which answered his question for him. "So it is true..." Jack rubbed his hand down his face with frustration, "Oh Carter." He turned around rubbing the back of his neck.

She felt herself about to cry now but was holding back, "I'm sorry Sir." Sam sobbed controllably, "It just happened and..." She interrupted herself and promised, "We'll discuss it later. We have negotiations to finish." Sam left him standing there to go get her composure back so they could finish what the planet had started.

Jack paced a moment to think and recompose himself so he and Sam could go on unnoticed until they could get back home. Then they could deal with the situation and General Hammond.

When Daniel saw Sam come out it was clear to him she was struggling with her feelings so he went up to her. "Sam, are you alright?" He inquired in his gentle way, "Do you need to talk?"

"Not right now." Sam answered professionally, "We have to deal with the negotiations first." She then explained, "I can't think about my feelings for Jack right now." She walked to the table and Daniel clearly understood why and postponed his questions for later.

Jack came in and took his seat next to Sam so he didn't have to look at her and her him which made it easier on both. As the meetings went Martouf was making his usual eyes at Sam which normally didn't bother Jack but for some reason that started to change.

As they spoke to each other during the meetings his eyes lit up in her direction. Jack clearly knew Sam was in love with him but that didn't stop the jealousy and irritation building within him. She could feel the man tensing up next to her and it was making her uneasy.


At the end of that session and the negotiators broke for dinner, Jack rose from the table hands in his pockets glaring in Martouf's direction. Daniel seeing trouble walked up to Jack and requested, "Jack, can I talk to you?" Jack just ignored him watching Martouf walking up to Sam. Daniel stressed, "It's really important Jack."

"Alright." Jack reacted with irritation and went with Daniel but he kept watching them over his shoulder. When they were in a separate cave room out of sight Jack snapped, "All right what do you want?" He kept looking in the direction of the meeting room.

"To get you away from Sam." Daniel answered bluntly, "It's obvious to everyone you're about to do something stupid Jack."

"Like what Daniel?" Jack smarted off at him glaring with a jealous rage, "What am I going to do that is so stupid?" He was huffing heavily wanting to get back badly.

"You look like you're about to murder someone..." Daniel observed, "Martouf is what it looks like." He paused and assumed, "I thought you said you felt nothing for Sam."

"I don't!" Jack lied angrily, "I just don't like that pretty boy near her all the time every time while we're here." He rubbed the back of his neck frustrated and pacing.

"Forgive me Jack but it looks like you do." Daniel calmly concluded, "You wouldn't be this angry and jealous if you didn't." He paused and told him, "Maybe Jacob Carter was right...Maybe it would be better if Sam was transferred." He predicted, "I see real trouble coming now."

"You're wrong now back off Daniel." He warned and brisk walked down the hall to the briefing room again. Jack stopped in his tracks when he saw Martouf standing closer to Sam then he felt comfortable with. He was flirting with Sam and she was smiling at him. Jack's rage grew and nothing was going to stop his actions now. He walked up to Martouf calmly with a dangerous look in his eyes.

"Colonel O'Neill, is there anything wrong?" Martouf asked in his gentlemanly fashion, "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Yeah, you stay away from Carter pretty boy." Jack told him in his low deadly tone, "Or I won't be responsible for my actions."

"Well isn't that up to Samantha, Colonel..." Martouf politely inquired and explained, "If she does not wish my presence any longer I will leave her alone."

Her eyes were now twice their size and internally she felt a sudden surge of panic hitting as the confrontation continued. Sam was shocked by her CO's newfound possessive behavior over her. She needed to interfere but didn't know how to. "Uh Sir...You don't have to..."

"Back off Carter." Jack ordered abruptly, "This is between me and Marty." Then he explained to Martouf with a hint of warning, "As her CO I'm responsible for the wellbeing of those under my command and I don't like the inappropriate behavior you are displaying towards Major Carter." His arms were crossed and he told him, "I have disliked your behavior toward her from the beginning. I have just said nothing and stayed back."

Jack was jealous and it was obvious to her now. Normally Sam would've been flattered by it but he was taking it too far. "Sir, can I?"

"No I'm not done yet Carter." He interrupted her.

Martouf smiled at him and observed calmly, "Oh...I see what's going on here...I had no idea that you..." He assumed and to avoid an unnecessary confrontation he agreed, "Very well Colonel O'Neill...I can see that she has been spoken for and I will not approach her anymore." Martouf politely left which completely took Jack off guard.

Sam's jaw was on the floor when Martouf left the room. Then she looked at Jack and said, "Nice going Sir...now my dad will really think we're having an affair now." Sam then stormed off leaving a stumped Jack O'Neill behind.

"Oh...crap." Jack mumbled rolling and closing his eyes in humiliation, "Good job Jack." He rubbed his hair frustrated turning around. The shit was about to hit now

Chapter 3: Mixed Stories by Adelie King
Author's Notes:

Information has gotten out in certain circles that could a detriment to Sam and Jack

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1, characters, settings etc. are property of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended. Original characters and plots are property of the author. No profit is being made from the fiction.


A Little Indiscretion
by Adelie King

 

Chapter Three: Mixed Stories

The negotiations ended and everyone returned back through the Stargate and followed SOP. Everyone had their usual physicals and were dismissed. Dr. Janet Frasier was taking Jack's blood pressure and responded, "Your blood pressure is higher than usual Colonel O'Neill." She looked at his heart rate, "And your heart is racing faster than normal as well." Janet clearly observed, "You are way more stressed out than usual."

"Gee I wonder why doc." Jack made one of his snide remarks as usual.

"No I don't know why Colonel." Janet got firm with him, "Why don't you explain it to me." She crossed her arms. He looked over at Sam in response and she looked away from him with fear she'd notice. Janet did and now she was concerned.

Then Daniel walked in and answered for him, "He was angry and almost started a fight with Martouf."

Janet then inquired, "And why was that Daniel?"

"Why don't you ask them?" Daniel replied looking in their direction.

She looked at both Sam and Jack who looked away from each other and she quickly summed it up. "I think I have an idea." Janet looked at them like naughty children and turned back to Daniel and asked, "What exactly happened Daniel?" She crossed her arms again.

"Apparently Martouf was making innocent advances and flirtations on Sam and Jack tried to start a fight with him." Daniel calmly explained to her, "Martouf handled the situation very well and embarrassed Jack as a result." He paused and added, "Jack didn't take it all too well."

Janet looked back at Jack and smiled as a result then remarked, "Well no wonder his blood pressure is so high." They shared a laugh at his expense a moment. She then looked at Jack and advised, "You need to go home Colonel and calm yourself down for a while."

"Thanks a lot Daniel." Jack got off his cot more irritated than when he got there with his jacket in the bend of his arm, "I'm glad you find this so amusing." He headed out relieved at the same time because Daniel distracted from what really happened. The last thing he needed was word of his indiscretion with Carter both Carters leaking out. Jack had enough to worry about when Hammond found out about what happened.

Soon as Jack was out of ear shot Janet looked at Sam and asked, "You want to tell me what really happened Sam?" Sam had this saddened look of guilt on her face and Janet stressed, "The truth." She walked over to her so they could talk quietly.

 

Meanwhile as predicted Jacob Carter went to see General Hammond about the situation brewing between his daughter and Colonel Jack O'Neill. Hammond rose out of his chair as he usually did when Jacob came to see him. "Jacob, how did the negotiations go?"

"Good George, the negotiations went fine..." Jacob trailed off at the end, "But...there was another incident."

"What incident?" Hammond took his chair behind his desk and Carter followed suit.

"Something happened between my daughter and O'Neill or should I have said going on between O'Neill and my daughter." Jacob explained.

"Well what's going on?" The General inquired calmly.

"They're having an affair George." Jacob informed him calmly but obviously upset.

"What?" Hammond smiled in disbelief, "That can't be right Jacob. Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter are strictly professional to the letter. They wouldn't do that."

"I've got news for you George they are." Jacob corrected him.

"What proof do you have of this?" Hammond asked him still unsure with a gesture of his hands.

"I caught them kissing behind a wall between the negotiation sessions." He informed him, "And believe me I tore them a new one."

Hammond's jaw hit the floor, "You caught my two finest officers kissing behind the wall during a break." He leaned forward resting his folded hands on his desk.

"Yes George I did." Jacob stated, "They were frenching around a hidden corner of the Tokra base." His voice was not happy, "It was very passionate I assure you."

Now Hammond wasn't happy and his tone showed it, "And what else did you see to prove this alleged affair between my best officers?" He wanted to know.

Carter answered, "I chewed out O'Neill and he pretty much slipped admitting he was very attracted to her and wanted to sleep with her."

"Well what man on base doesn't Jacob?" Hammond logically inquired and notified him, "I've heard many of the officers express sexual interest in your daughter. She's very attractive." He paused and clarified, "But that doesn't mean they're having an affair with her." Hammond then asked, "So what makes Colonel O'Neill any different?"

"Sam admitted that she's in love with the Colonel." Jacob told him straight up, "I think it's something to be concerned about him being her CO and her his subordinate."

"Well I'd have to agree." Hammond didn't disagree with him, "So what do you think I should do about it?" He inquired even though he already knew what the answer would be.

"I think it would be best to transfer her away from here and out of Colonel O'Neill's unit and command." Jacob stressed, "Before this gets out and her career gets tarnished."

"Before I make a decision like that Jacob I would like to speak with my officers in private and hear their side of the story." Hammond told him flat out and said, "Thank you for bringing this to my attention." He promised, "I assure you I'll deal with it appropriately."

"Thank you George." Jacob rose from the chair and headed out the door.

Hammond suspected there might be more to this than Carter's father was telling him because he knew Jack and Sam too well and this just didn't sound like them.

 

In the infirmary in Janet's office she was going off on Sam, "What the hell were you thinking Sam?" She paused and continued, "Kissing your CO first off your father catching you and then leading him to believe you're having an affair with the Colonel?" Janet then added, "It's no wonder your father is thinking what he is."

"I was being facetious Janet. I kissed him to make a point to prove to my dad that his assumptions were ridiculous." Sam explained bluntly sitting on the edge of the desk, "The Colonel even knows why I did it." She took a breath and continued, "My father sometimes overreacts to things and you know it." Sam crossed her arms rolling her eyes.

"Then what made you kiss him the first time Sam?" Janet asked her firmly with logic, "That obviously wasn't to make your father angry." Sam was about to make another excuse but Janet called her on it, "And don't tell me you were pretending to hide your conversation either." She demanded, "Now tell me the truth Sam...you're in love with the Colonel aren't you?"

Sam couldn't look Janet in the face which answered her just like it did Jack earlier. "Sam, how long have you known that you felt this way about him?"

She stroked her bangs out of her face and answered, "I suspected for a while but my dad cornered me which made me face it during the negotiations." Sam then swore, "I never wanted this to happen." She shook her head feeling the tears coming again.

"No one ever does Sam but it's happened and now you have to decide how to handle it." Janet told her and then asked, "Does he know about your feelings?"

"Yes but after my dad grilling it out of me with him in earshot how could he help not knowing it." Sam sobbed so controllably that no one could tell she was crying until she sniffed and wiped a tear away. Then she informed Janet, "My father is probably in Hammond's office already telling him to have me transferred away."

Janet commented, "That isn't good." She took a breath and predicted, "And I'm sure it will affect the General's opinion of you greatly."

"Don't remind me." Sam got off the desk and walked around rubbing her head and neck, "Then the Colonel got jealous and threatened Martouf to stay away from me." Her arms moved in emphasis and surprisingly told Janet, "He's never acted that way toward Martouf before when he's conversed with me." Sam was acting confused, "Then he just told him to stay away from me all of a sudden."

"This is an even bigger problem now." Janet pointed out, "The Colonel just proved he returns your feelings himself. Hammond is not going to be happy if he finds out the feelings are mutual." She predicts, "That means the possibility of a transfer and reassignment has become a probability."

Sam covered her eyes, "Please don't remind me Janet. This is painful enough for me." She looked at her tears in her eyes.

Janet then told her, "I want you to go home and relax so you can tell Hammond with a clear head tomorrow." She stressed, "The last thing that you need is to break down in his office."

Chapter 4: Cover Up by Adelie King
Author's Notes:

Jack and Sam strategize what to say when they speak with Hammond...

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1, characters, settings etc. are property of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended. Original characters and plots are property of the author. No profit is being made from the fiction.


A Little Indiscretion


by Adelie King

Chapter Four: Cover Up

Sam had silently left Janet's office and headed home as suggested so she could calm her nerves. She came in the front door and set her purse down and her other usual routines, changing clothes, getting comfortable but what she did different was open a bottle of chardonnay and a few drinks.

Sam loved Jack and now she accepted that. She also knew he knew and that he possibly felt the same about her. His behavior towards Martouf proved it. Sam had no idea that Jack had been that jealous for years or that it upset him that bad.

After her few drinks in front of a fire watching a relaxing show on TV there was a few knocks at her door. Sam immediately got up and answered it. When she opened the door she found Jack O'Neill on the other side of it in his jeans, black leather windbreaker, boots and a white t-shirt. He also smelled like a brewery which indicated he had been downing a few as well.

"Sir, what are you doing here?" Sam was more than surprised to see him on her porch after what happened.

"Can I come in?" Jack asked politely and quietly, "We need to talk...now."

"Sir, I don't think it's a really good idea right now with what has been circulating all over the base about us." Sam logically argued with him, "What if my dad or Hammond shows up?" She asked hypothetically.

"Well I think we need to talk so we have our story straight when we meet Hammond tomorrow don't you?" Jack clearly pointed out to her.

Sam couldn't disagree, "Yeah I guess that would be a good idea Sir." She finally stepped aside letting Jack in. After she closed the door and locked it she remarked, "I would offer you a drink but it smells like you've had a few."

Jack hung his coat on the hook and looked at her and observed, "It smells like you've had a few as well Carter." Then he asked semi-logically, "So what's the harm in us getting totally drunk now?"

He had a point and she couldn't deny it so she decided to remind him, "If we get drunk Sir something might happen more than just an unexpected kiss." Sam's tone was clear with concern.

Jack walked around the couch telling her, "Well since everyone believes we're having an affair and we know its bullshit I highly doubt anything will happen." He took a seat on her sofa looking up to her resting one arm up across the back of it.

Sam walked in front of him and disagreed, "Forgive me Sir but after you threatened Martouf to stay away from me with clear intention of punching him." She crossed her arms stubbornly, "I have my doubts about you feeling nothing for me." Sam told him, "To me you looked jealous and obsessive over me." She paced and observed, "Those are the actions of a man who has very strong feelings for me."

He rose abruptly and bluntly admitted, "Alright I do have feelings for you...happy!" Jack turned around and paced rubbing his hair a moment. Then he growled and continued loudly, "I couldn't stand the way pretty boy was hitting on you!" Jack huffed and told her almost growling, "I wanted to punch his lights out." He looked at her angry and hurting. Then he fell down on the couch again and remarked, "Most women are usually flattered."

She rolled her eyes and reminded him, "Maybe but I'm not Sir." Sam paused and chewed him out, "And maybe I'm not is because I did everything to prove to my dad that you felt nothing and nothing was going on then you decided to play jealous ape intending to punch another man out."

Jack then argued, "Well I'm not the one who gave the passionate kiss in front of her father in an attempt to be ironic." He told her, "I didn't tell him I wanted to sleep with my CO just to spite him." Jack accused, "And that's when he decided to go to our CO himself and tell him to have you transferred."

"Well you're the one who kissed me to begin with." Sam argued.

"Oh who are you fooling Carter!" Jack countered loudly, "It was mutual and you know it." He corrected, "We both kissed each other." He rose up from the couch again, "And we got caught." Jack got in her face and told her, "Now we have to live with it and face the consequences." He turned his back to her.

"I thought you came to get our story straight Sir." She reminded him, "So I won't get transferred and the team doesn't get broken up." He rubbed his head in frustration keeping his back to her. "It was a little unintentional little indiscretion right." Sam paused and told him, "We just tell him the truth. What's the harm in it?"

Jack turned around finally looking her in the face again. His voice turned calm answering, "Yeah but what about the part of you admitting you're in love with me to your father." He stated the facts, "We can't exactly get out of that one...can we..."

Sam felt her insides intensify with her feelings for him and it was unmistakable especially to him. "No I can't." She faced it, "But we can lie that you don't feel the same."

"No I can't" He argued.

"Yes you can." She argued back, "Why can't you?" Sam started walking around the room frantic.

"Because it's not true!" Jack declared to her loudly, "He's going to see that!" He walked up behind her and then ahead of her then in front of her stopping her. She felt like she's going to cry again. Jack cupped her face out of instinct looking at her and spoke softly to her, "We tell Hammond it just happened and your father overreacted that's all..." He asked her, "He does overreact when it comes to you right?"

She moved away out of his hands and he pulled them back, "Sometimes he's been known to..."

Then Jack logically asked, "And you were being facetious when you argued with him right?" He stepped closer to her just like before.

"Yeah but what about when I kissed you in front of him?" Sam recalled waiting for his next solution.

"You were being a smartass to make him look stupid." Jack told her and admitted, "I've done it many times." Then he suggested, "Just tell him you've been around my influence too long."

She partly worried about that, "I'm not sure that would be a wise thing to say either then he'll think that our kiss was because of your influence."

"Yeah never mind that one." Jack retorted the situation lightening up a little and he recommended, "Let's just laugh at it and how we fooled him." He paused and said, "Hammond has a sense of humor. He'll probably just laugh it off."

 

"You kissed each other during a break in negotiations Colonel, Captain!" Hammond was not amused one bit, "That was not that funny Colonel..." He looked at Sam, "And your father has a reason to be upset with you two."

"Sir, you know how my father overreacts sometimes." Sam argued and pointed out, "He's always been overprotective with me. He always will be." Then she accused, "He's hated the Colonel since he first met him."

"Yeah, he's always hated me!" Jack backed her up, "He's had it in for me since we met so how can you take his word objectively?" Then he informed Hammond, "Carter just did what she did to piss him off. She was being facetious with him. She kissed me to make what he was saying look ridiculous."

"He was accusing me and Colonel O'Neill of sleeping together." Sam told Hammond, "He was being outright lewd with the Colonel in earshot of me. He asked him if O'Neill had his dick in me when he caught him would he say it was nothing."

"He said what?" Hammond wanted clarification, "He said that to you!"

"Yes Sir." Jack clarified, "Then he demanded to know if I wanted to sleep with her and got pushier and then threatened me to stay away from her!" He paused and continued, "The he pressured and chewed her out!" Jack then told Hammond, "He had her crying by the time he was done with her...That's why I went after Martouf. I wanted to hit her father so I took it out on him!"

Good Cover Sam immediately thought impressed with him before she looked at Hammond again.

"Even if that's true Colonel." Hammond finally calmed and told him, "You still had no right to intimidate him like that!" He pointed his finger at him.

"I know that Sir. I'll apologize the next time I see him and I'll explain myself." Jack assured him, "I'll even tell him he can sleep with her for all I care." He said completely sincere but inside it wasn't the case but he was convincing anyway.

"Good Colonel." Hammond then firmly inquired, "Then explain to me what possessed you to kiss her in the first place?"

At that moment both turned white and unable to answer for a moment. They didn't look away though just stood officially. Jack finally admitted, "A moment of weakness Sir." He paused and assured him, "It will never happen again."

Hammond asked Sam "Is that your answer as well Captain?"

She sighed and answered, "Yes Sir." Sam assured him, "It won't happen again." She swallowed and they looked at each other waiting for his response.

He finally spoke and warned, "And no more smart behavior towards your father again." Hammond then remarked, "The last thing I want is him demanding a pregnancy test on you." He looked at Jack, "Or a DNA test on you either."

"Yes Sir." Sam agreed.

Jack sighed relieved, "Yes Sir."

Hammond ordered, "I don't want to hear of anything like this between you two again." Then he stressed, "Or I will be forced to break up SG1 and transfer you" He made his voice firmer, "Understand?" Hammond looked at Jack accusatively, "Colonel?"

"Yes Sir." Jack answered officially.

"Good you two are dismissed!" He told them. They left his office and he frustrated. Hammond did know they were in love with each other but refused to say nothing about it.

 

Chapter 5: by Adelie King
Author's Notes:

Jack and Sam are in the clear...for now

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1, characters, settings etc. are property of their owners. No copyright infringement is intended. Original characters and plots are property of the author. No profit is being made from the fiction.


A Little Indiscretion


by Adelie King

Chapter Five: In the Clear

As they walked down the hall to the elevator Jack complained irritated, "Why is it always me he looks at when he's accusing us?"

Sam answered, "Maybe because it's you who usually gets into trouble like that Sir."

"What?" Jack reacted, "Daniel is always the one who gets us into trouble and needs us to bail him out not me" He stated a fact.

"Yeah but you're the one with the smart mouth Jack." Daniel countered after overhearing him, "That's what added trouble for you and Sam in the first place." He then added, "It was literally your mouth that got you and Sam into trouble this time."

"What!" Jack got combative, "Her mouth was just as guilty as mine was." He referred to the kiss and her father at once.

"Just drop it okay." Sam interrupted shutting them up, "I don't want to talk or think about this anymore." Her voice got more emotion in it and she pushed the elevator call button.

"Sam..." Daniel said. "Carter." Jack said at the same time, "I'm sorry." The doors opened and they stepped on saying nothing.

She was very upset and it was clear she was, "It happen, it's over just drop it okay." Sam politely requested making Jack feel more guilt then he did before. The doors opened and she announced, "I'm going home to rest. I'll see you all tomorrow." Sam left and went down the hall to get to the next elevator to the surface.

Jack and Daniel had to follow just to get to the commissary floor. Daniel asked her, "Are you sure you're not hungry Sam?" He observed, "You haven't eaten all day."

"No would you be after you almost lost your job and career in one day?" Sam asked them bluntly.

Jack calmly came to her defense in agreement, "I'm not exactly hungry either Daniel." He decided, "I need to go home and rest as well."

The elevator reached his floor and opened, "I'll see you two later then." Daniel got off leaving Sam and Jack alone.

Jack concluded, "I say it went well Carter considering it could've been worse."

Sam agreed, "Yeah it could've been." Then she inquired, "But why didn't Hammond ask about our feelings Sir?" She paused and assumed knowing her father, "I'm sure my dad told him about them."

"Like I said Carter Hammond is a fair guy and we've given him reason to trust us even with this." Jack comforted her even though he was as worried as she was, "We just make sure nothing happens again and we should be fine."

"I don't think it will be fine for very long Sir." Sam predicted knowing sooner or later their feelings were going to be overwhelming and it would become a definite problem in the future. Trouble eventually would be coming for them. "We're in love with each other and that's not going to change."

"Oh we can handle it Carter." Jack assured her, "We've handled everything else that just came our way." He paused and continued, "I think we can handle a little indiscretion don't you?"

"Next time it will not be a little indiscretion Sir." Sam predicted, "It will be a big indiscretion." Her words were prophetic and they both knew it.

To Be Continued

 

End Notes:

Sorry for the last chapter being so short because I'm setting up for the sequel


This story archived at http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=4202