samandjack.net

Story Notes: Here it is! I finally wrote it! Sorry it took so long. Doing year 12 RL tends to get in the way alot! Thanks for all the feedback! I loved it! There's alot of exclaimation marks in this isn't there! Anywho on with the story.



Title: One Saturday Morning Part 2

Author: Butterfly

Email: flutterbye6@hotmail.com

Spoilers: None

Disclaimer: I don't own them they just came to play. They're owned by MGM, Showtime, Double Secret and Gekko. I'm not making any money yadda yadda, so please don't sue me.

Author's notes: You should probably read the first one before you read this. Well duh!

OK here it is.


"Daniel. Did General Hammond say what he wanted us for?" Jack called as they came to the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah someone came through the stargate looking for us." Daniel answered trying hard not to let his obvious curiosity at the current situation show. "He didn't say what they wanted though."

"Odd. I wonder who it is." Sam wonders. Daniel shrugs his shoulders and turns to precede the others out the door.

"Wait a minute Danny. We really should explain this to you."

"Well it would be nice."

Jack turned to Sam who was standing to his right. He smiled at her and picked up her left hand.

"We're engaged." He held her hand out for Daniel to see. The ring sparkled and shone in the morning sun.

"Wow. When did this happen? I mean congratulations." He suddenly reached out and hugged each of them. "Oh wow!" Sam and Jack grinned at their friend's antics. "Well it's about time too!" Daniel hit Jack on the arm in glee.

Sam giggled with relief. "Daniel you do realise you can't tell anybody about this. Not even Sha're." Sam told him seriously.

"Yes, yes I know. Are you going to tell Teal'c and Janet?"

"Eventually when we think they need to know, or if they stumble upon us as you did." Jack answered him.

"When did this happen?" Daniel repeated his earlier question.

"Well do you remember P4G638?"Jack began.



*******



"Well this is certainly um... different." Jack commented as the others came out of the stargate behind him.

They looked around their surroundings. Five men stood in front of them. They looked like they'd stepped straight out of Braveheart. They wore kilts and not much else. They were bare foot, and all had long hair that hung to midway down their backs. Four of them held huge swords out ready to cut off any of SG-1's heads should they do anything remotely aggressive. The man in the middle was obviously the leader. He kept his sword at his side and stood with his arms folded across his chest. Definitely not the usual bowing and hailing of the gods they usually got when they arrived through the stargate.

"Who are you?" The leader addressed Jack, trying several languages and finally trying english.

"We're peaceful explorers from Earth." Jack gave the standard answer. "I'm Jack, this is Sam, Daniel and Teal'c." Jack pointed to each one in turn. He'd decided that seeing as how unfriendly these natives looked a first name basis might be able to put them in a better mood. "Who are you?"

"You have no need to know." Was the reply.

The leader gestured to the other men and each grabbed one to the strangers from the ring. Jack nodded to the others to indicate that they should just go along with what was happening for now. They walked down the hill from the stargate and were each put on a horse behind a native. They rode for what seemed like forever and finally they came to what appeared to be a huge keep and castle built into one.

Inside walls of the keep many people ran about doing jobs and preparing for something. Each of the warriors helped a member of SG-1 of a horse and rode off. Leaving them alone with the leader who had swung off his horse and given it to one of the others to be led away.

"Come with me." He beckoned for them to follow. They did. Inside the actual keep they were led to a large room which had been hung with huge tapestries and women hurried about hanging garlands of flowers and putting food on the two long tables that lined the hall and the smaller one at the head of hall.

A man walked up to them and spoke to the other warrior. "Mahon tells me you came through the ring. Where did you come from? No-one has come through the ring for a long time." The man asked.

"I'm Jack, this is Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. We're peaceful explorers from Earth. And you are?" Jack gave the standard greeting.

"Forgive me I didn't mean to be rude. I am Aiden, Laird of these lands."

Jack looked questioningly at Daniel.

"Laird. It's what the Scots called their lords or barons." Daniel explained.

"You are welcome to join us for our celebrations tonight. They will continue for the next week to celebrate Rhia. We hope that this year she will bless us with many fine horses to fill our stables, over flowing crops and strong sons. You can also tell me about your unusual weapons and ways." Aiden invited.

"Sure why not. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we would love to party with you." Jack accepted, he looked around and got a nod from each member of his team, and then nodded towards Aiden.

"Good." Aiden clapped his hands twice and two servants appeared at his elbows. "Ailsa and Briana will show you to the guest quarters."

The two girls moved to guide the travelers. They followed them down a corridor and came to a t-section in the halls. Briana turned left and the men followed by Sam proceeded to follow her.

"My lady." Ailsa said to Sam. "Please follow me." They split up and Sam followed Ailsa down the opposite corridor. "These are your rooms." She opened a wooden door and stepped into the lit room out of the dark corridor. It was a beautiful room, the perfect replica of an old scottish bedchamber.

"These are for you to wear." Ailsa moved over to the bed and lifted a dress of it. The outfit was made up of different shades of blue. The undergarments were light blue and the dress that covered them, a darker blue. The underdress reached to her ankles and the outer one stopped mid way down her calves. Ailsa helped her bath and dress and then proceeded to weave flowers into Sam's short blond hair.

While she worked Ailsa chatted. "Is the tall blond man your mate? The one with very short hair."

"Colonel?" Sam smiled. "No."

"He wants to be. I can tell, and you want him too don't you."

"It doesn't matter what either of us want. He's my CO and we aren't allowed to do anything like that. Besides I don't think he'd even want to."

"Oh yes he does. I don't know what a CO is but I know what it's like to want someone you can't have."

"Who?"

Ailsa blushed, why was she pouring her heart out to this complete stranger? She didn't understand it, but this woman was easy to talk to. Somehow Ailsa knew she wouldn't betray her.

"Mahon." She whispered

"Who? Speak up."

"Mahon." She revealed in a louder voice.

"Why can't you be together? Are either of you married?"

"No. It's not like that. Mahon is the laird's brother, and I'm just a servant. He'd never want me."

"Well I'll make you a deal. We'll both bear our hearts to the men and if they through our love back in our faces we can go back to my place, feast on ice cream and watch movies all weekend and nurse our broken hearts back to health. If they accept us, we'll live happily ever after. Deal?"

"I've no idea what ice cream and movies are but they sound good. Okay Deal." They hugged to seal the deal. Suddenly this party was looking more terrifying.



*****



"So that's what we did. Thankfully neither man rejected us, and Ailsa and Mahon are probably married by now and living happily ever after. So now you know Daniel." Sam finished.

"And as long as you don't tell anyone, we'll continue to live 'happily ever after' as well." Jack said.

Daniel stood and nodded. "I promise I won't tell a soul." They all made there way outside to Daniel's car. "You know I always knew there was something between you two."

"Sure ya did Danny."

All the way to the mountain Daniel peppered them with questions like when was the wedding and was he invited among other things, but when they reached the base he had the good sense to shut up about it. They walked inside and made their way to Hammond's office. They all leaned against the walls of the elevator and Jack noticed the ring on Sam's hand.

"Sam." She looked at him and he glanced down at her hand. Her eyes followed his and saw the ring.

"Oh. Thanks." She quickly took it off and put it in her pocket.

They walked into Hammond's office.

"What's up Sir?" Jack asked. Hammond pointed to two people sitting in chairs in front of his desk.

"Ailsa!" Sam moved towards her friend and hugged her. She was stopped by something. Looking down she saw Ailsa's tummy. "Look at you!"

"I know. Isn't it wonderful!" Ailsa's eyes danced with joy.

"There isn't anything wrong is there? What are you doing here?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to see you before the baby arrived, and that ice cream you mentioned has me curious." They both laughed. "How about you? What's happening?" Sam lifted a finger to her lips and drew Ailsa outside.

The two men grasped each other's forearms.

"Mahon."

"Jack." They smiled watching their other halves walking down the corridor arm in arm chatting as if they'd never stop, with the occasional giggle rising above the conversation.

"Sir? Do you need us for anything more today?" Jack asked.

"No, go ahead. Why don't you take Monday off as well, make a long weekend of it as well."

"Thankyou Sir." The two men followed the women out of the room.

"You can go to Dr Jackson. Thankyou for finding them." Daniel nodded and left as well. Hammond smiled. It was good to see his friends happy, and as long as no-one out right told him about their relationship he wouldn't have to do anything about it. He smiled again, sighed and got back to his mountain of paperwork.



*****



4am the next morning Sam and Jack finally got to bed. They lay wrapped in each other's arms.

"It was good of General Hammond to give us Monday off as well." Sam thought out loud. "Do you think he knows about us?"

"Nah, How could he? You and Ailsa going video and ice cream hunting tomorrow?"

"Hmm." Sleep claimed them.



**********************************************************************

The End.