samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: TeresaD@flashmail.com

DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of this zany author.

RATING: PG

CATEGORY: Sam/Jack friendship/UST

WARNINGS: none

SPOILERS: none

SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3 - somewhere in the Ahdian universe if only because of a brief flash of Asrian Conaire.

ARCHIVE: my site (URL in signature), S&J relationship archive, and Heliopolis...

DATE: 07/02/99

SUMMARY: A speech, two guys, and a nervous scientist. Need I say more? :)

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is in response to the challenge delivered on the S&J list that I secretly call the "What were they thinking/feeling in 500 words or less?" challenge. This popped into my head, and started running and hasn't stopped since. *giggle* FYI, it was 425 words by the time I stopped, or so Textpad tells me. I think that counts, so to speak.


Carter sighed to herself as she looked straight ahead and tried not to think about what was going on. Hammond was on her right, Jack on the left, and... they were straightening her dress blues. They had been dressing her as though she had not put on this very same uniform hundreds of times in the past.

Usually those times included ceremonies, more ceremonies, and the often occasion of pulling SGC's ass out of the fire due to something that SG-1 had done. As she was this time.

'This is really embarrassing...'

She looked blankly out into the empty room where they would be giving a conference to about a hundred members of Congress or whoever it was this time about why the Stargate Project was still so important, especially as they had yet to discover a weapon that would defeat the Goa'uld for good. Preferably while preserving the host at the same time.

As though her line of thought had summoned him, Sam noticed movement, and focused her vision in time to see Daniel peeking into the Gate Room, right before a feminine hand reached in and yanked him out again.

Asrian's voice echoed inside her mind, as it would from time to time while Daniel's best friend was visiting the SGC as she was now.

It was all she could do to keep from chuckling and shaking her head at Daniel. As much as she hated to admit it, Asrian was right. Daniel *was* curious, and that curiosity usually left him in the infirmary, injured.

Just then, she felt a hand fall softly upon her shoulder, and nearly jumped out of her skin. Obviously, it had been visible, for O'Neill leaned in and whispered in her ear. Instead of his usual smart-ass comment during circumstances like this, it was a "Don't worry, Carter. You'll kick their asses all the way back to Washington."

'That's true enough,' she thought to herself with a smile as O'Neill and Hammond pulled away to take their respective positions at the microphones on either side of her. 'Although O'Neill drives me crazy sometimes, he's a good friend. Besides, why am I so nervous anyway? It's not as though I'm announcing to the entire SGC that I'm going to marry Jack and that everyone's invited.'

Now, where did that thought come from?

Suddenly, thinking about her speech to the United States Congress didn't seem quite so bad after all...



********************

-End-

TeresaD (TeresaD@flashmail.com)

http://members.xoom.com/AsrianTD/index.html

AIM: TeresaD42 ICQ: 5459333

"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a fake messiah." -- from "Illusions" by Richard Bach