samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author; michelle birkby mbirky@hotmail.com.

Spoilers; none, well, not for sg1 anyway.

Feedback; please, but be gentle with me!

Disclaimer; oh you know, the usual stuff, and it also applies to the fox net work too.


"Hey kiddies, what are we watching?"

"Ssssh!"

Jack stared at whatever Sam, Daniel and Teal'c were engrossed in. The X-files. "Oh, sorry I spoke." he said as he sat down.

"Colonel O'Neill." Teal'c said, only to be interrupted by "Ssssssssshhhhhhhh!" from Sam and Daniel

"Colonel O'Neill." Teal'c whispered. "I do not understand the fascinating nature of this... entertainment."

"Well, its very simple Teal'c. Every week they hunt out some new myth or legend or fairy tale, she tries to debunk it, he proves it's real and..."

"That's not it at all!" Daniel shouted. "You've missed the whole point."

Jack looked at quizzically. "The point?"

"Sir," Sam said. "The whole crux of the programme is the relationship between Mulder and Scully. How they feel about each other, how they display or don't display their affections. The little moments of touching, the glances."

"Exactly!" Daniel said, and they both continued to watch. Jack merely nodded at Teal'c. On screen, someone was saying, 'Not even a kiss? Trust me, the man knows how to kiss.'

Jack thought about this as he stared at the screen, then he said, "Sam do you remember that virus we all caught from the land of light and dark?"

"Sir, we were never to discuss that!"

Jack nodded, grinning slightly to himself.

"What relationship do they have?" Teal'c asked.

"They love each other," Daniel replied.

"Probably." Sam said.

"But they won't tell each other."

Jack glanced at Sam.

"But why would not Mulder tell Scully he loves her?" Teal'c asked.

"Maybe he's afraid to." Jack said softly, glancing at Sam. "Maybe he's afraid she'll reject him."

"Then why does not Scully tell Mulder she loves him?"

"Maybe she doesn't know she does." Sam said. "Or maybe she's afraid he doesn't feel the same way." She glanced back at Jack to see he was staring at her. They both looked at each other, unable to break their mutual gaze.

"Perhaps he's afraid of revealing so much of himself. Perhaps he was badly hurt before and doesn't want to risk it again." Jack said.

"Or perhaps," Sam whispered, "she's afraid of what will happen if they both let themselves lose control."

"He probably doesn't believe that such a lovely, bright woman could want him."

"She probably thinks she's misinterpreted all those glances, that he's just playing when he flirts with her."

"Perhaps he's afraid that she would think he was abusing his position as her partner."

"Maybe she can never find the right time or place to tell him."

"Maybe they're both afraid of taking that final step."

"Ahhh Jack? Sam?" Daniel said, suddenly aware that both of his friends seemed to be drifting of into a world of their own. Jack and Sam turned to face him.

"Don't mind us." Jack said.

"We're just projecting." Sam continued.



The End!