samandjack.net

Story Notes: sichelmond@hotmail.com

Category: Future story, S/J established, D/J established, Angst

Status: Complete

Spoilers: Tangent (minor)

Season: In the future

Archive: yes, especially : SJA, Heliopolis

Author's Note: FEEDBACK please! - As I was writing this, a Pre-Sequel popped into my mind. Let me now, if it's worth to write. - Happy Reading!


CHILDREN OF THE HEROES




2012 - San Diego, Centre for Galactical Research




"C'mon, guys! Let's have fun!" Daniel took the hands of the two blonde girls, and led them into the huge control room. Eleven years old Meagan's eyes widened in awe, and seven years old Jo looked around, with that "Jack"-look in her eyes. Which was really weird, because those eyes were exactly matching Sam's. In this moment they said: " what would all those people do, if I would push that big, blue button?".

"Do not even try to think about it, Jo O'Neill!" he warned her with a hushed voice. Jo looked up at him innocently, but Daniel knew her too much.

"Dr Jackson!" a tall man in Air Force uniform approached them. " Good to see you again."

"Morning, General Wayne!" Daniel greeted him with a broad smile.

"Hello, little ones" the General bent down to the girls.

"Good Morning, sir!" Meagan bowed her head.

"Good Morning, sir!" Jo did pretty much the same, as her elder sister. This wasn't surprising, she always did.

"T minus 20 minutes, sir" Lt Colonel Jorgensen, his 2IC, announced.

"Colonel, can you hear me?" General Wayne asked.

"Crystal clear" came a female voice through the intercom.

"Mommmmy!" Jo cried.

"Hey, honey! Jack, the girls are here."

"Hi, Angeleye!" Jack greeted Jo. " Where is Daddy's another big girl?"

"I'm here, too" Meagan said.

"Hi, Angelheart! Watcha doing there?"

"Uncle Daniel thought, it were a historical moment, we shouldn't miss."

"How right he was" came Sam's voice.

"Okay, General O'Neill, you should come back to us now."

"I'm on my way, Norman. I should be back in five minutes."

"Okay, Dr Jackson, you could take seat here."

"Thanks, General" Daniel nodded, and sat down between the two girls.

"We are ready, sir" Sam reported.

"I want to hear it from Teal'c, too."

"We are ready, General Wayne."

"Thank you, Teal'c. Lt.Colonel?"

"We are ready, too, sir" she nodded.

"Good. Everybody, be prepared."

"T minus ten minutes, sir" Lt.Colonel Jorgensen announced, after some minutes of silence.

"Thank you, Lt. Colonel!" General Wayne nodded. " General O'Neill?"

"I'm already here" said Jack, walking into the control room. He bent down to his daughters, and kissed them on the forehead. " Hi, kiddos. Hi, Danny!"

"Hello, Jack!" Daniel smiled at him. " How are they doing?"

"She is excited, he is, too. Only she shows, and he doesn't."

"As always" Daniel nodded.

"Ready for the start, sir" came Sam's voice. General Wayne looked at his 2IC, and after she nodded, he gave the launch a go.

"Countdown starts … now. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…Ready to take off!"

"Colonel?"

"Everything peachy, sir!" Sam said.

"Teal'c?"

"Everything all right, General."

"Good." For a while they were sending through the datas, they have received from the board computer.

"Oh, God! Jack, you should have seen this! We have just left the Amelthea!" Daniel looked down at Meagan, who smiled at him, and said:

"One of Jupiter's moons."

"I see."

"Do you see the Big Red Spot?"

"Yes" she said. " It can be perfectly seen. The computer is taking some pictures. Wanna see?"

"Sure" he said. As a response, Sam turned the camcorder to the monitor, where the Big Red Spot was displayed.

"Can you see it?"

"Yes, it's somewhat foggy, but yes."

"Meagan, can you see it, too?"

"Yes, Mom" she nodded seriously.

"How is the ship working?" Lt.Colonel Jorgensen asked.

"Everything runs perfectly. Nice job, Captain Simmons."

"Well, thank you, Ma'am!" Daniel noticed Graham only now.

"Hello, Captain."

"Dr Jackson, nice to meet you again."

"Colonel?" General Wayne asked. But an answer didn't come.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asked Jack. He only shook his head, and was as perplexed, as Daniel, then he turned to his elder daughter.

"The Jupiter's magnetic field is disturbing the communication.

"Thank you, Angelheart" Jack nodded to her daughter. General Wayne and Captain Simmons looked at the little girl, and then Graham waved her to his place. Meagan looked up at her father for his permission, and after he nodded in agreement, she hurried to Graham.

"… turned right" came Sam's voice.

"Colonel?"

"Sam?" Jack asked in the same moment, as General Wayne.

"… okay, Teal'c?"

"MajorCater!!!!!"

"Teal'c, what's wrong?" he asked, but an answer never came. "TEAL'C! SAM!" he cried at the top of his lung, after he heard the static over from their radio.

"They cannot hear you, Daddy" Meagan came to hug him. Her face was sad, and her eyes filled with unshed tears.

"Angelheart…"

"Daddy" she sighed.

"Captain, try everything to reconnect them!" General Wayne ordered.

"Yes, sir!" Graham nodded, he was already doing it.




***********




2027 - Cheyenne Mountains, CO, the SGC Headquarters




"O'Neill" Jo picked up the phone.

"Is Meagan there?" a familiar voice asked.

"Hi, Cass! Thanks, I'm fine, too."

"Hi, Jo! How ya doing?"

"I'm here to water Meagan's plants. She is out of town. Is it important?"

"Pretty important, Jo."

"Well, she has got her MC with her."

"And what's the number?"

"You know what? Send me the info per voicemail, and I will forward it to her."

"C'mon, Jo! It's me, Cassie."

"Cassie, she is there with her friend."

"With Jess? She would understand that."

"Not with Jess. She is there with her boyfriend."

"She has got one? I'm so glad for her! Who is he?"

"Sorry, but I had to promise her…"

"I see, I see."

"Maybe, I can help you, too."

"Actually, you could. Come in!"

"You mean to the Base?"

"Yes."

"Thirty minutes."

"Hey, you don't have to break a record!" Cassie said, but Jo couldn't hear her anymore. " She is coming" she turned back to Daniel. " Have you known, that Meagan has got a boyfriend?"

"No" Daniel shook his head. " I wonder, when she had found time to find a man."

"Oh!"

"What's wrong?"

"She has to fall in love with a man, she already knew. And we all know, that she doesn't know that much. And they are coming mostly from this base. I'm only hoping, that he is not military."

"Her CO is here, I have seen him ten minutes ago."

"Jack is in love with Jo. Meagan would never fall for him."

"Jack is in love with who??! But she is in his team, too! And she is a junior officer!"

"You have gained pretty much information on that."

"Of course, I did. All the way we were fighting for Sam and Jack."

"And it could be done."

"Sure, it wasn't simple, but we were successful. But you know, it took four years for them alone to realize their true feelings for each other. And I don't want this for Jo. She is so fragile!"

"How could we know, that she is in love with him?"

"We don't know?"

"No, we don't know. You know her, she could always hide her feelings."

"Yeah" Daniel sighed. That fact caused much headache for him and Janet.

"Back to Meagan, what do you think?"

"She is happy, it's enough for me."

"It's enough for me, too. I'm so glad for her!" Cassie sighed. " You know, I have never thought, that we could make such a good family together. After you have appeared on our threshold with the two, I have thought, that they could never make it. You have never told me, why you and Mom divorced. Because when you were back with the girls, it seemed to me, that you had never gone. Although eleven years were passed." Daniel nodded, and decided Cassie with her almost 40 years could now understand.

"You remember the four months we have spent together?"

"Pretty good."

"I wanted to leave SG-1."

"You have never told."

"I have told once, to Janet. Next week she filed for divorce."

"Why?"

"I didn't know then. She told me later, that she had just found out, that she was pregnant, and knew, if I should have known from the baby, I would have left for sure. Back then I was just only playing with the thought."

"Why?"

"I felt myself responsible, for you, for Janet. I wanted to be there for you two. I remember exactly what happened. I haven't seen her for a week, when someone was knocking on the door. I opened the door, and a little man was standing outside. He had handed me a letter, and was off in the very next minute. It was the notice of the divorce. I was about to leave for the Base, we had a mission that afternoon. A mission to P9Y-132."

"Oh, yes, I remember."

"We were stuck on that planet, and it seemed to be last forever. We had luck, that the Unnomanians were friendly people. But I had only one thought the whole time, that Janet had not been loving me anymore. The second night the inhabitants were holding their annual feast in honor for their deity of earth."

"Gaia?"

"Kinda" he nodded. " Actually she was a bit of Gaia, a bit of Aphrodite and a bit of Artemis."

"Oh. I think, I know, what now comes."

"Yes, they had something in the food, or in the drink, I could never figure that one. Next morning I was sitting in front of the Gate, continously whispering Janet's name. Sam and Jack were lying next to each other, in Jack's tent. The drug had no effect on Teal'c, because of Junior."

"I know."

"So when the Tollans came six months later, and we were brought back, I have decided, that whatever it was, we could make it right again. I went home, only to find myself divorced. You see, I was so much hurt. Secretly I hoped, that she stopped the process, but it was over, when I came back."

"How could they do that without you?"

"I was declared for MIA."

"I see."

"I didn't want to see Janet, not what after she had done, but then I have heard from General Hammond, that she left the SGC."

"And you came over."

"Yes, you were with your friend Irene, and Janet was alone at home. Alone with Nathan."

"Were you sad, that you were not there, when he was born?"

"Very sad" Daniel still looked regretfully.

"And that you couldn't name him?"

"No, because Janet gave him the name, I wanted to give. Once we were out with the others, we were not together back then. One of Janet's nurses gave birth to a girl, and her name was Jill. Sam said, that she wanted her daughter Meagan. Janet shook her head, and said, that she could never decide for one name. Jack said, that he wanted to name his son Jacob, and we all knew why. I told, that I wanted him Nathan. Janet found the name perfect, and she asked me, if I would have mind, if she would give this name to her son."

"I see. And Sam knew why."

"Guess so, because she was all smile after Janet's question."

"You were the best Dad I have ever seen. Nathan was such a lucky boy. But why didn't you come back? I have seen you once, you were kissing."

"Really? Yes, we were lovers, and we were parents. Practically I lived with you."

"But you have never moved back. Why?"

"She didn't ask."

"Why not?"

"She was afraid, that I would say no."

"And then came the accident with Teal'c and Sam."

"Yes, and after Jack decided to go and search for her, he trusted me the girls. I knew, that I would never be able to care about two girls alone. So I have showed up, and begged her to take us."

"And she did."

"Yes, and the next morning, as I asked her to marry me, she said yes. She went for a talk with the girls, and reassured them, that Jack would find Sam surely."

"Always wondered, what held them with us. In the first times, I always had an eye on them. They seemed to me in the next moment willing to hit the road. Meagan was such a stubborn, with her " I know, that my parents are coming back" attitude. Because Mom had the same, they decided to stay."

" Guess so. Jack said, as he last went through the Gate, that they should remember him and Sam, and that he would bring back their mother. Meagan promised him not to forget."

"So that's what made her that confident. I think, I would have believed Jack, too" she thought loud. " They were happy with us."

"Yes, they were. But that promise was always present. And now look at them! Two little geniuses. I have never wanted this. They wanted to finish university as soon as possible, to be able to help with the search for their parents. They have skipped high school classes, as someone changes his clothes."

"Well it has to be a stinky someone" Cassie grinned.

"You know, what I mean."

"Yes, I know. And if you could remember, I have skipped two classes, too."

"I know, but you was at least seventeen, as you enrolled in the university. Meagan was not even sixteen, Jo was just sixteen. The profs at the MIT always wondered, how could I have two geniuses as daughters. And then the profs at Harvard, they hardly believed, that Nathan and Jo weren't siblings. I don't know, Cassie. Maybe I should have never allowed you four to make of me a father of four wonder kids. I should have known better. I was one too."

"They were already wonder kids, as they were born, Daniel."

"Graham" Daniel looked up.

"Sir" Cassie saluted him.

"At ease, Major! Could you reach Meagan?"

"No, sir. But Jo is on the way to us."

"Good. Then you will replace Meagan in SG-4, and Lt. Jackson should go with you, too."

"Yes, sir. But Nathan is out of town."

"Then it's SG-4 and you. Go and get them! Oh, and Cassie, this time I want simple one-syllable answers from the Tok'ra."

"Yes, sir!"

"Daniel, please, come with me!"




********




Denver, CO, Ryman Inn




"Hmmm, that's good. I could get used to it" she moaned after the kiss.

"Well, you could" he said quietly.

"Please, Nathan, I don't want the mood to be spoiled."

"I see, I won't bring up the topic once again" he said, seemingly hurt.

"Come on, Nathan! I have told you, that I loved you. Please, I need to take it slow. I… This is so much new for me" she said crying.

"Sorry, Angelheart. I'm so sorry, I have never wanted to push you. But I love you, too. I just want to be happy with you."

"Me, too, Nathan. Me, too. But you know, we are serving on the same base."

"But I'm military, and you are not."

"I know, but there are other problems, than those silly regulations."

"Silly?"

"Yes, silly. They are between my sister and her happiness."

"Jo is in love with Jack, too?"

"What? What are you saying?"

"Jack is in love with Jo."

"Really?"

"Really" Nathan nodded.

"And…" she began, but her MC beeped out.

"You have got a message" a familiar voice said.

"This is Mom?"

"Yes, it's her voice. Display" she said, and the message could be soon heard.

"It's me, Jo. Hi, Meagan, hi, Nathan! Cassie ordered me back to the Base, actually, she wanted you, but you were not here. I have to go now. Bye!"

"Do you think, that I should call her back?"

"Sure" Nathan nodded. He knew, that the most important thing in Meagan's life was not him, or her job, but only Jo. They were the most caring sisters he had ever seen in his entire life. And their loving and caring made them a better family, too. Cassie was their all-time protector, as the eldest, and Nathan was their personal bodyguard.

"Jo O'Neill" she opened her MC.

"It's me Jo. Hi!" Meagan said, smiling.

"Meagan! Hi! And hi to him, too" * " Say hi to her from me." *

" Thanks. What's up?"

"I have just received your message, Angeleye."

"We are going to go to Grandpa."

"Say hi from me. Cassie is going with you?"

"Yes. SG-4 minus you, plus Cassie."

"Greet Jack and Rob from me. Or should I go back?"

"No!" Jo fiercly protested.

"Jo, what's the problem?"

"Nothing" she shook her head.

"Liar" she retorted, but then saw her face, and knew everything. " You know something about Dad?"

"Nothing for sure. SG-8 met a folk, they had a legend. That there was a single man, who saved them from their opressors. And he said, that some day his fellows would come, and help them further. He wore the same uniform as SG-8, well at least the same patch."

"How long ago?"

"Ryan Longman says, that around one year ago."

"Dad was alive one year ago?! But how was he able to fight? He was seventy then!"

"Right. That's why we are going to ask Grandpa. Maybe Dad had contact with one of them through the years."

"Why shouldn't Grandpa tell us that?"

"You know them, if there is a higher goal, then they will even hide from you your own pregnancy."

"As if they could do that."

"You don't know them exactly, Meagan" Jo shook her head.

"You have read Mom's diary?"

"Yes. Finally I have gathered enough courage. She was so lovely, Angelheart. And she loved Dad so much. I wish…"

"What?"

"Nothing. I have to go now."

"Yeah. Call me, after you will have arrived back.

"Sure. Jo out."

"Bye!" Meagan sighed, and looked at Nathan with tears in her eyes. Nathan went to the closet, and brought the bags out.

"What are you doing?"

"Packing. We are going back to the Base. Get ready" he said in a sad voice.

"Nathan…?"

"Get ready, Meagan."

"Sure" she was hurt. And he was hurt. Everything was more important, than him. He knew, it would be hard to have a relationship with Meagan, but could never imagine, that so hard.

"Nathan?"

"Meagan" he sighed.

"I love you" she whispered. " Don't wanna make the same mistake as Uncle Daniel and your Mom." Nathan turned back to her, and saw the love in her eyes.

"Sorry, Angelheart. I was ready to take place number two, but now…"

"Place number two?"

"Yes. I know, that no one could stand between you and your sister, and I didn't even wanted to try. But I hoped to become your second best friend."

"You were always my best friend, Nathan. And I'm in love with you. You were always the one, who stood at the same place, where Jo stood, if I could use your metaphor."

"I've never felt that."

"Sorry for that. But I have trusted you my sister, when you two were at Harvard. I have told you, that I trusted you. What do you think, how many there were, I have said those words?"

"Three?"

"Six, except you and Jo. Two of them were already declared for dead, one of them was somewhere out there. And the left three were your parents and Cassie."

"You have never told."

"I have thought, you knew."

"Never realized" he shook his head. And then bent down to kiss her.




************




P3Y-999T - the recent Tok'ra base




"Grandpa!" Jo hugged Jacob tight.

"Hi, precious! Where have you left your sister?"

"She is on downtime."

"What takes you here?"

"We have to know something" Cassie said.

"Major Fraiser-Jackson" Jacob bowed his head.

"You used to call me Cassie."

"I wasn't sure, I'm allowed now. You are a major now."

"If you call me Major Fraiser-Jackson, then I'll call you General Carter."

"That's a deal, Cassie. What do you want to know?"

"If Jack had contact to you through the last years?"

"Yes" Jacob knew, there is no use of denial. They have to know something.

"Where is he now?"

"He is not here."

"I know" Cassie sighed. " Where is he?"

"Frankly, I don't know."

"Where was he last time, you had contact with him?"

"On a planet named Teutonia. They were good people, although, they were opressed."

"How long ago was this?"

"A month ago. We haven't heard from him since that."

"Is it possible, that he is still there?"

"Yes" Jacob nodded.

"Give us the coordinates!"

"All right. But Jo, you have to know something."

"He doesn't remember us?"

"How could you know?"

"He didn't come back for us, although he promised Meagan that. Does he remember Mom?"

"No. He remembers, that he is looking for somebody, but he doesn't know who for."

"Why didn't you helped him?"

"There was no help, Cassie" Jo said, sadly. " His mind blocks everything connected with us, because of the loss of Mom."

"How could you know?"

"I know my Dad, Cassie. I always did, if you could remember." And Cassie remembered. Jo always had a special link to his father, she always knew, if he was in trouble, although she was only six-seven years old. That was the ground, why she did believe, that Jack is alive. She, and her mom believed Jo, when she said, that her father wasn't dead. And Meagan was the same opinion.

"I remember" she nodded. " The coordinates, Uncle Jacob!"

"I'll escort you. He will remember me."

"Thank you" Major Jack O'Connor nodded. " Let's go, campers!" Jacob whirled around, and stared at Jack for a brief moment. Then he looked at Jo.

"He does this on his own, I have never told him" she whispered to her grandfather.

"He is like your father."

"That's why I like him so much, and that's why we could work so good together."

"Are you in love with him?"

"You don't expect an answer to that question, do you?"

"Thank you, I have my answer already" Jacob winked at her.

"Oh, Grandpa, just one question."

"Spill it!"

"How could Dad free people from an opressor a year ago? He was seventy then."

"Well, he had, let's call it, a close encouter with the sarcophagus of Astarte."

"Oh!"




***********




P8J-757 - Teutonia




SG-4 stepped through the blue event horizon. First came Jacob and Major Jack O'Connor. Then Cassie with Jo, and finally Rob. Jo was looking around, but no soul could be seen.

"There is no welcome comittee?" Jack asked disappointed. Jo laughed out loud, and suddenly people emerged from the bushes, from behind the trees. Their leader came closer, and bowed his head.

"Seiet gegrusst!" he said, and Jo recognized this as German.

"Wilkommen" he said again.

"Danke" Jo bowed her head, and turned to her companions. " I know now, why this place is called Teutonia. They are speaking some kind of German."

"Ask them" Jack ordered, and she asked. While she was waiting for the answer, she was holding back her breath.

"You will need the air" Jack whispered to her. " Try to take a deep breath." And Jo did, and then came the answer.

"Sie sind hier."

"I don't understand" Jo shook her head. " He said, they were here. In plural."

"Well, we should meet them, and see then" Jack said, and Jo nodded in agreement. She translated their wish to see the people, and the leader nodded. On the way to the village, Jo asked them about their situation, and he told her, that 'they' have already helped them. They were suffering under the rule of a king, but the man helped them to get rid of him.

"We are here" she turned back to inform the others. Cassie took a good look around, and the first one she saw was a familiar face.

"Rya'c!!!" she ran towards the tall Jaffa. She stopped in front of him, and bowed her head.

"Man, I was looking for you through the whole galaxy!!! I'm glad, I have finally found you."

"How are your father and mother?"

" They are fine, thank you. Jo is here, too."

"Jo" Rya'c bowed his head.

"Rya'c" Jo bowed her head the same way. " What are you doing here? I have thought you were on Chulac or on the Land Of Light."

"Well, Cassie knew, that I was taking a holiday. It became longer, than I have planned. Sorry, Cassie."

"Nevermind" she shook her head. " I have missed you" she hugged him.

"I have missed you, too" he confessed. " Are you ready now?"

"Ready for what?" Jo asked them.

"To forget about the first five years of her life."

"God, that held you?" Jo asked astonished.

"Yes" Cassie lowered her head.

"But I thought, you couldn't even remember the first eleven years" Jo said, grinning. Cassie raised her head, and her eyes went sparkling.

"You are, of course, right" she said, and put her arms around Ryac's neck. She pulled his head down to hers, and kissed him passionately.

"I have missed your kiss, Cass." That told everything to Jo. That they were not missing all the fun, and that Cassie was really in love with Rya'c. She allowed nobody to call her Cass. That was the privilege of Jo's Dad.

"Jo" Jacob called her. Jo turned to him, and saw them. They were standing next to each other. Those three people she has missed, what her seemed now, her entire life.

"They are holding hand" she whispered. " Do you think, that they are remembering me?"

"I don't know" Jacob shook his head. " Sammy!"

"Who is this, Jack?"

"His name is Jacob, his host is called Selmak."

"Oh, he is your Tok'ra friend?"

"Yes, sweetheart. Jacob, meet my love."

"Nice to meet you, Sammy" he whispered.

"Sammy? That's my name?" she asked from Jo.

"Yes" Jo nodded. Jack lowered his head to hers, and whispered something into her ear.

"Are you kidding? We have only met two weeks ago. How do you know my name?" she asked from Jacob.

"We know you, before your amnesia." Sam's face darkened, and she took a look at Teal'c. He nodded.

"Teal'c, you have got no amnesia?"

"I have got amnesia, but till a particular time. It seems to me, that I have served a Goa'uld named Apophis, and then something happened, and from then on, everything is erased from my memories."

"I see" Jo nodded. " What were you talking about?" she asked her parents.

"Jack was joking, that you could be our daughter, you have eyes like mine, and a grin like his." Jack stared at Jo for a moment, while Sam was explaining, then he jerked his head up, and looked Jacob in the eyes.

"Three pair of those eyes! It's here, it's here! Dad?" he looked at Jacob questioningly.

"You used to call me like that."

"Oh for cryin' out loud!" Jo said, and she couldn't hold back the tears anymore. She wanted to run away, but Jack's voice caused a shock, that stopped her at the very moment.

"Angeleye?" he asked her unsurely. Jo winced, and then turned back to him.

"Come here, Jo!" he said, and pulled her in his embrace. " Where is your sister?"

"She was on downtime."

"Jack?" Sam asked him.

"Oh, how should we do this?"

"You should talk with Janet first" Jacob suggested.

"You are right. Sweetheart, they are my family. Do you want to come with me?"

"Yes" she nodded shyly. And Jo saw how girlish she looked, not like a sixty-three years old woman. She guessed, that her mother had, what her Grandpa called " a close encouter with a sarcophagus". Or something like that.

"Teal'c?" Jack asked him.

"Rya'c is here…"

"But he is coming back with us, too."

"Then I will follow you, O'Neill."

"Where did that come from?"

"I don't know. Who is this O'Neill?"

"It's me" Jack said. " Cass!" he hugged the arriving woman tight.

"Jack" she whispered. " I have missed you. Teal'c" she hugged him, too.

"Cass? Cassandra Fraiser?" Sam asked them.

"Actually, Cassandra Fraiser-Jackson, but yeah, it's me. You remember me?"

"No" Sam shook her head. " It was only the name. What was your name again, Jack?"

"Jack O'Neill, sweetheart."

"It sounds somewhat familiar. The Jackson, too."

"Who is this Jackson, your husband?" Jack asked.

"No, Jack" Cassie shook her head. " He is my foster father, Dr Daniel Jackson." Jack was surprised, Daniel went back to Janet?

"Daniel…why is that every name sounds familiar?"

"And mine, M…uhm Ma'am?"

"Jo…I don't remember anyone called Jo."

"She always called me honey" Jo whispered to Cassie.

"What did you say?" Sam asked.

"That my mother used to call me 'honey'."

"Honey?" Sam asked puzzled. " Oh, I feel somewhat dizzy. It's like the world is turning. I have to sit down."

"M…uhm, Ma'am, can I do for you something?"

"Water would be good." Jo reached her her flask, and she drank.

"Thank you, it was a very good water. It tasted familiar."

"Okay, campers! we are heading home!" Major O'Connor gave the order, and SG-4, plus Cassie and Rya'c, plus Jacob and plus the three members of the first SG-1 were ready to leave for home. Only Sam was standing there still.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"I had someone, who always called me and my friends 'campers'. Who are you?"

"My name is Major Jack O'Connor, Ma'am."

"Jack? Colonel Jack O'Neill, that was you, right, Jack?"

"Right, sweetheart. Do you remember anything?"

"I used to know you all?"

"No" Jacob shook his head. " Cassie, Jack, Teal'c, me and Jo."

"Jo, the name is still unfamiliar. What is your full name?"

"Jordan O'Neill."

"You are his daughter?"

"Yes" Jo nodded.

"And mine" Sam said, looking Jo in the eyes.

"Yes" Jo knew, that she would figure it out.

"I'm not coming home, Jack" she sank on the trunk again.

"Sweetheart??"

"Mom" Jo knelt down beside her. " Mom, you have got another daughter at home. You have to come back to us. We were waiting for you way too long to let you here now. Please, Mom!"

"How could you call me Mom? I was a bad a Mom. I was not there for you."

"You was there, in our hearts. We were waiting for you all the time. We knew, that someday Dad would find you, and bring you back home."

"But I still cannot remember anything. See, I'm a bad Mom, I cannot even remember my own children."

"Mom, that's okay. Trust me. Trust Dad. You have remembered the feeling for him. I hope, that if we take this slowly, you could remember us, too. Besides, we were eleven and seven when you left, and now we are adult women. There is no way you could remember us. But maybe, if you see all the photos, you could remember. Help me here, people" she begged.

"Ma'am" Jack knelt down next to Jo.

"Yes?"

"Ma'am, there are at least six people, who are waiting for you at home. You owe them to come home. They held your memory."

"Six?"

"Meagan, your daughter. Dr Jackson, your friend, Dr Fraiser-Jackson your best friend, and Nathan, their son. General Simmons, your colleague."

"This is only five."

"And General Hammond, your former CO."

"Sweetheart?"

"The names are sounding familiar, Jack. Promise me, that you will always stay by my side."

"I promise. Let's go, campers!"

"Sir" Major Jack O'Connor asked him puzzled.

"I see, my daughter haven't told you, that that was my line." Jack looked at Jo puzzled, but she fled to her Mom. Sam gave her a smile, that Jo remembered very well. She couldn't help, she snuggled into her embrace. Sam looked down at her face, and saw Jack's features.

"Honey?" she asked her. " What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Mom" she looked up. " I'm so happy to see you two alive, and together."

"Honey, I'm glad, too. Tell me, why is it, that you are serving in the Air Force? Haven't I told you, that going to the Army was a very bad idea?"

"Mom?"

"Answer my question, Jo O'Neill!"

"Yes, you told us. But I wanted to go to the Air Force. I wanted to participate in the Stargate Programme."

"But that didn't required soldiers."

"Meagan is no soldier. And if you want me, I would quit. You have to tell, and I'm out, out of the Air Force, out of the SGC."

"You are loving me so much?"

"I'd do everything for you, Mom. Everything. You remember me?"

"Yes, honey. As I have embraced you, my memory was flooded with pictures of you. I have rembered your eyes. I have never seen such lovely eyes before. Jack always liked your eyes. They were like mine, but yet different. And he called you Angeleye. But I still cannot remember Meagan."

"Don't worry, Mom! If my theory is right, then you will get back your memories of her, when she hugs you. You rembered Dad by the feeeling."

"Yes. As I looked him in the eyes, I felt an urgency to go to him, and kiss him."

"And you did?"

"Yes."

"And what did he do?"

"He kissed me back" Sam giggled, like a teenager.

"No giggling, Colonel!" Jack called back.

"I'm not giggling" she said offended, but then she laughed out loud.




********




2028 - Colorado Springs, the O'Neills' House




"Khm, khm" Jack rose.

"Hear! Hear!" came from around the table.

"As the father of the bride, I want to say some words. Well, I was never the man of words…"

"He is always starting with this" Sam whispered to Janet, after a deep sigh. " As he held speeches on my promotion ceremonies, or at your wedding…"

"My wife knows -of course- better, that I do love writing speeches for occasions like this. So as the father of the bride, I want to tell you, that how much I love these newlyweds. Of course, the fact, that Nathan is more like Janet, than our Danny, is playing a huge role in that love. I'm only kidding. Because I would like to thank Daniel and Janet for caring of our daughters all the time. You, guys, did a great job, thank you so much. And Nathan is a really tough guy, who will be able to take care of my little girl. And I would like to thank you, Meagan and Jo, that you have never forgotten us, and that you have never given up hope. And last, but not least, I would like to thank you, Sam, because you gave me such brilliant, lovely and beautiful girls. Thank you sweetheart." Jack earned a roaring applause for his words, and then Daniel rose to hold a speech.

"Well, I was always the man of words, but now, I'm only able to tell you, that as the father of the bridegroom, I would like to wish you all the luck and happiness of the whole world."

"Khm, khm" Nathan rose.

"Oh no" Meagan whispered.

"I'd like to thank you for the speeches, and I'd like to thank you all, that you have come to participate in our luck and happiness. Thank you" he sat down, and earned a thankful look from Meagan.

"The bride!!! The bride!!!" Meagan reluctantly stood up, and took a good look around.

"Well, I don't think, that I could top these brilliant speeches, but I will try. I'd like you to know, that I'm pregnant" she smiled, like she was able to make a miracle. The guests cried their best wishes, and her Dad held her in a tight hug. Nathan sat there stoned, till her mother gave him a nudge in the ribs. He took Meagan's hand and kissed it.

"Okay, campers! Let the fun begin!" Jack ordered, and the musicians started to play. He asked Sam for this dance, and she said yes. Nathan was dancing with Meagan. Janet refused to dance with Daniel becuase of a recent disagreement, but as Teal'c came and asked her, she went with him, which made Daniel go jealous.

"May I ask you for this dance, Jo?" Lt.Colonel O'Connor stood in front of her.

"Yes, sir."

"Quit the sir, Jo, we are at the wedding of your sister. Call me Jack, please!"

"Yes, sir, uhm, I mean, Jack."

"What do you think, will Meagan remain in our team?"

"I don't think so. She only wanted this, beacuse she wanted to find our parents."

"And you?"

"I wanted the same. But in-between I have learned to like travelling the universe, so I will stay. There is only one thing, that will change."

"Our fourth member."

"Well, that too. I have quit the Air Force. My application is on the desk of General Simmons. I hope, that they won't make it hard for me to quit."

"You have done what?!?"

"I have quit."

"Jo…" he sighed.

"Is this a problem for you?"

"No. Or yes. I wanted to ask you, if you would be ready to take a risk, and make something not so honorable."

"An unhonorable, risky act?"

"Sorta. Of course I knew, that you would say no, but I felt, I had to ask you now, or I won't never be able."

"Spill it, Lt.Colonel."

"I wanted to ask you to have a secret romantic relationship with me."

"What?"

"Yes, I know, it's inconceivable for you…"

"And why is my quit a problem?"

"Because I had a brilliant plan. All the arguments, and pleas for nothing."

"Well, let me hear them" Jo smiled at him mischieviously.

"Jo?" he asked puzzled.

"I would like to have a secret romantic relationship with you" she whispered.

"And if you haven't quit?" he asked seriously.

"Then I would have said no. You know me well. But now, nothing stands between us."

"Well, maybe your Dad. He doesn't like me that much."

"Oh, he is only playing the hard soldier. He likes you, because you are like him a bit."

"That's why you are in love with me?"

"Who was speaking of love?" she asked surprised. Then she became serious. "Well, that was one reason for falling for you, but I love YOU."

"I love you, too, Jo."



End Notes: © Lt. Colonel Joanna O'Neill SG-6 - Search/Rescue