samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: none

Time: Set when Sam was in High School

Archive category: high school Challenge

Archive: Yes please. S&J, Heliopoplis other please

Status: New: Complete

Date: June 8, 1999

Disclaimer: The series "STARGATE SG-1" including the characters, names, titles, and back-story, are the sole copyright properties of MGM, Gekko Film Corp.,Glassner/Wright Double Secret Productions. This fictional story is not intended as an infringement upon those rights and solely meant for entertainment. This story is property of the author.

Comments welcome. Please, e-mail me at: lordav@netonecom.net

Thanks to AliCat for beta reading.


"Yes, Colonel, you wanted to see me?" asked Captain Jack O’Neill as he entered the Colonel’s office.

"As you know we have a new CO. His family has already arrived. The General has been detained in Washington. He has asked me to find some one to make sure his daughter goes to school and stays out of trouble."

"Sir, with all due respect, I’m a fighter pilot, not a baby-sitter," Jack protested.

"Has the doctor cleared you to fly again?" Jack hung his head and shook it. "Son, have they given you a time table as to when you might be back in the air?"

"No Sir. I’m fine when I’m on the ground, it’s when I start pulling G’s that I have a problem with my vision," Jack explained.

"Have you thought about what you might want to do if this doesn’t clear up?" the Colonel asked.

"No, but I know it’s not daycare, Sir."

"This is only temporary; she only has a few weeks left till she graduates. Then she enters the academy and you are off the hook. It’s better than office duty."

"Yes Sir. But I’m not sure I’m the right man for the job," the captain answered.

"Jack, I have known you since you were a boy. Your dad and I served in Vietnam together. I promised him that I would look after you and see to it that you turned out okay." The Colonel was really laying on the guilt.

"Yes Sir, I know and I have tried to follow your example. I’m just not sure about baby-sitting some teeny bopper."

"Jack, I trust you, you’re a good boy. After we can talk about your career, maybe there is something else you might like to try. Okay? I’m counting on you."

The colonel ushered him to the door. "Yes Sir."



XOXO



Jack reluctantly headed over to the general’s quarters on base. If he was stuck with this assignment he had better get it over with. The moving truck was still there unpacking. One of the men directed him around the back of the house.

As he turned the corner he could see her. She was tall girl, her long beautiful blonde hair flowed to her slender waist. She was dressed in jeans and a snug T-shirt, that showed off her perfect figure. Jack’s heart skipped a beat. ‘This can’t be the general’s daughter.’ He thought. ‘I’m a dead man."

"Hi, I’m Captain Jack O’Neill." He put out his hand.

"Sam Carter." Sam took a drag of her cigarette. "Want a drag?"

"No, thank you. I’m on duty."

"So you’re the new guard dog." Jack raised an eyebrow and tipped his head as if he did not understand. Sam continued. "It’s your job to make sure I don’t get into any trouble. Right?"

"I’m only here to help. Your dad wanted to make sure you’re okay until he gets here." Jack tried to sound friendly.

"Okay. That was my last smoke; can you give me a ride into town for more?" She walked by him and brushed her hand down his arm.

It took a moment to regain his senses. "I’m not sure that's a good idea," Jack stated.

"I’m going. If you don’t, well then I guess you wouldn’t be doing your job, would you?" She smiled coyly.

Jack swallowed as he watched her hips swing while she walked. This was going to be harder than he thought. He looked to the sky and thought, ‘Dad, help!’

"Can I drive?" Sam was already behind the wheel. He had left the keys in the ignition. She put the jeep in first and pulled away from the curb. Jack had to run to catch up. She wasn’t slowing down he had to jump in. She smiled at him. He couldn’t do anything but smile back and hang on.



XOXO



Once in town they went everywhere. Sam took him to several stores claiming she was looking for something special. They stopped in the soda shop for ice cream. They took a booth way in the back. Sam ordered sundaes for both of them.

"So how did you get stuck with me?" Sam said with a touch of sympathy. "My father doesn’t usually let guys like you around me."

"Some how I don’t feel stuck." He was rewarded with her sweet smile. "I had nothing else to do, anyway."

"Aren’t you a fighter pilot?" She pointed the insignia on his shirt.

"Yeah, but I’m grounded. Something went wrong and I had to eject. I hit my head and now I’m having trouble with my eyes."

"Good thing I drove." She giggled.

He chuckled. "It’s only up there I have a problem."

The sundaes soon came and they dug in. "When you get better will you take me flying?"

"Yeah sure that’s if I ever get better." Jack said sarcastically

"Oh, I’m sorry." Her warm blue eyes were so full of comfort. "What will you do?"

"I don’t know. Flying was all I ever wanted to do. I’ve got to be where the action is, you know?"

"My uncle's in Special Forces. He loves it. He says there’s nothing like it. He keeps trying to talk my brother into it."

"Your brother’s in the air force too?"

"Yup, the whole family. He’s still in the academy. I start this summer." She smiled reluctantly.

"You don’t sound excited."

"Yes and no. I’m not looking forward to my brother being an upperclassman. My dad wants me to join NASA but the waiting list is a mile long."

"Your dad can’t help?" Jack smiled as he licked the spoon clean.

"I won’t let him, I want to do it on my own. I got into the academy on my own." Sam was excited. "I want to be a fighter pilot. I’m going to be the first woman to see combat."

"Bet you will." Jack chuckled. When they were done Jack paid and they walked down the sidewalk toward the jeep. Sam pulled him in a music store.

In the music store she made him dance to a fast song with her. The next song was slow and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled her hands down and held in a classic waltz stance.

"Awe come on. I love this song." She whined. "You can hold me a little closer, I only bite a little."

"You’re cute but you’re also jail bait." He smiled. "Not to mention you’re a general’s daughter. He’ll have me shot at sunrise."

"Dad’s a pussy cat. Besides, he’s still in Washington." She leaned in and kissed him on the lips. It took Jack a few minutes to come to his senses and pull away.

"You’re still too young." Jack was staring into those big beautiful blue eyes.

"I’m almost nineteen. You have nothing to worry about." She kissed him again. He didn’t pull back. He embraced her in his strong arms. "Let’s get out of here." She tugged him out of the store.

"Where to now?" he dared to ask.

"Does this town have a drive-in movie theatre?" Sam asked as she sped away from the curb.

"No way. I can’t take you to a drive-in. I will definitely get court marshaled."

"I won’t tell if you don’t?" She smiled. How could he resist that smile?

"Take a right at the next light." He hung on tight as she whipped around the corner.



XOXO



After getting pizza and pop from the snack bar the captain and the general’s daughter settled down to watch the movie. Or so he thought. It wasn’t long before she was nibbling on his neck. Their lips met in a moist passionate kiss. They continued to kiss through out the movie.

It wasn’t long before the 26-year-old captain wanted to do more than kiss. Jack slipped his hand up to her breast. Her hand pushing his away stopped him cold. After the second attempted was diverted, he moved his hand to her thigh. Her hand once again met his.

Although slightly frustrated he deepened the kiss and pulled her closer. The passion flared within both. They remained this way for some time until Jack tried again. She giggled and pushed him away.

"No giggling." He kissed her sweetly and whispered, "I want more."

He kissed her igniting the passion again. "In time, tonight I just want to take it slow. Please?" She smiled. He melted; he could wait.

After the movie he drove her home. He knew if the general or the colonel ever found he was in big trouble, but that no longer mattered. All he cared about was her; the schoolgirl that had stolen his heart.



The End.