samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: LtSChase@aol.com

Rating: PG

Warnings: SJR, Angst

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1 and its characters are the property of Stargate Productions, ShowTime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions.

Author's Note: This is really short and you all will proababy hate the end but enjoy it!


She sat on the padded window seat staring out of a stained glass window. He walked into the room and stopped for a moment just to watch her. It was the most beautiful he had ever seen her. Dressed in white lace and satin. Tiny pearls covered the skirt and the veil that drifted down her back.

His Major. His beautiful, intelligent, wonderful, doctor-captain Major. Sam.

His thoughts raced...



"SHE's transferring from the pentagon."

"You can actually see the fluctuations in the event horizon."

"Daniel show me an anthropologist who dresses like this and I will eat this headdress."

"How about you? / Cold. A little chilly. But I'm me. I'm me."



"He's not coming. Is he?" Her voice broke in to his thoughts.

"No."

Sam sighed. The most heart wrenching sound he'd ever heard.

"Sam..."

"No. Please, don't. I can't handle..." her voice broke.

Jack went across the floor to her. He silently handed her a note. Short and sweet. And horrible. She read it and passed it back to him. He opened it and pretended to read the note that he'd seen the minute the *groom's* brother had handed it to him. The guy had apologized and fled. Jack had read the words knowing they would destroy Sam and also knowing he had to give them to her.



/We don't love each other. Not the way we should. I'm leaving before we make the biggest mistake in our lives. /



He wanted to kill him. Hunt him down and kill him bare handed. And he may still. But for now...

"Hammond is clearing everyone out. I'll take you home in a bit." He slid his hand around the back of her neck.

"Thank you, sir. Can you give me a few minutes?" Tears began.

"Nope," he replied sitting down in front of her. He guided her to lean against her and she began to weep into his dress uniform.

He'd put that uniform on this morning. Staring in the mirror he had fought nausea. How could he stand there with her? She'd asked and he'd said yes, but how could he. He hated the man who'd had the guts to propose to her. Hated the idea of her with anyone... anyone but him.

Now a part of him was giddy. Relieved. He could go on loving her without any interference. He kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, Sam. It'll get easier... eventually."

She nodded. "I still have you."

"You'll always have me, Sam."

She inhaled, deep and ragged. "You know what is so hard?"

"What?"

"He was right."

Jack tipped her face back to stare into her eyes. They sat there for a long few minutes. Then he lowered his head for a gentle kiss. She lifted her hand to twine in his hair. The kiss deepened.

"Ah-hem," Daniel said from the doorway. A smile spread across his face as they pulled apart. It turned into a full-fledged grin when Jack didn't release Sam. "Hey, I've got an idea, the minister is still here. Hammond can still give away the bride. Whatta ya think?"

Jack looked down, "You wanna?"

"Sure, why not. We got the clothes and the flowers. I still have the tickets to Aruba."

"Sweet." Jack leapt up and darted out.

"Sir? I was kidding," Sam called.

"Samantha, you really need to start calling me Jack," he called back. "HAMMOND!"

"Daniel, stop him!"

"Yeah right!"

"JACK!"



the end

So do they wake up from a dream? Do they enjoy the honeymoon? You decide. I'm stopping here. Bye.