samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: hudine@stargatesg-1.com

SPOILERS: Children of the Gods, The Broca Divide, Window of Opportunity, Beneath the surface.

SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 4

CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship, caricature death?

ARCHIVE: Hudine's SG-1 site/anyone that wants it

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Got most of the idea from the film Life.


Captain Alana Murray sat down at the desk in the briefing room, lost in thought. She just arrived at the SGC 3 days ago. They just had finished the monorail service and funerals for two of apparently the best officers the SGC ever had. Cornel Jack O'Neill and Major Samantha Carter of SG-1. They had apparently died bravely while evacuating a building that was on fire. Apparently their bodies where so badly burned they only had their dog-tags as the only form of ID. She never met them but everyone is sad about what happened. She has other things on her mined though, like her new CO. She thinks he's so sexy. She just gets even more lost in thought, then an old friend that has worked her for years walks in. He knew the two soldiers well and is still moping around. "A penny for your thoughts, Alana?"

"Oh nothing worth mentioning."

"Nothing? Meaning a certain dark haired Major?"

"Oh you know me to well Danny."

"Don't call me Danny I'm not a kid anymore."

"Sorry. Well I guess all those years being in the same foster home lets you get to know someone."

"Yea, so what are you going to do about the Major?"

"Nothing regs remember?"

"Oh so what. There has to be ways around them."

"Yea right, like you know."

"Well Alana let me tell you a little story."

"Ok... like what?"

"Well it starts here in this room apparently. 4 years ago. Cornel O'Neill was sitting there going in a mission briefing when he was told Captain Sam Carter will be joining him on this mission. He asked where is he transferring from and got she is transferring from the pentagon as Captain Samantha Carter walked in the room. Of course Jack didn't want Sam on the team at the start. Sam thought it was because she was a woman and argued back at her new CO about it, even offered to arm wrestle him..."

"She did?"

"Yea so I heard anyway...I wasn't there at the time, the mission they where about to go on was to rescue me from Abedose where I had been living quite happily for the past year. Anyway that's another story. After the first few missions they really got to like each other. Like this time we brought back this virus by accident and it made people act like primitive humans. Well Sam's first instinct was to try and mate, and she chose Jack as her partner, so Jack dragged her off to the infirmary after that. Also getting infected himself, and then beating the crap into me for showing concern over Sam."

"Ouch."

"Yea tell me about it. So that was our first major clue. The next few years was spent by them getting closer and closer. It was so obvious they where in love......"




X~~~***~~o~~***~~~X

Later...




".......Well there was this time that we where all stuck in a time loop, and only Jack and Tel'c could remember anything from it. Kinda like groundhog day. Well I think Jack did something to Sam then, Jack or Tel'c would never tell me. They did tell me that they played golf through the Stargate and Jack rode a bike through the corridors of the SGC."

"Played Golf????? Bikes? This O'Neill guy sounded like he was a lot of fun."

"He was, he had a goofy way of doing things sometimes. Then there was the time we where on this ice planet and our memories where wiped. Well we where made to work manual labor in these camps underground. Well the two of them where together down there, and if we never got our memories back they probably still will be."

"So what happened after that?"

"Well they did get together in secrete. They where very happy together to. But the regs where in the way and looking through regs and stuff they found out that ironically the only way they could be together is if one of them left the SGC. Also that once they sighed up to the SGC that they both didn't officially exist anymore and the only way out was death."

"Ouch...Well looks like they got that."

"Yea well they had a plan."

"Really? What?"

"Well if they got to bodies from the morgue of this hospital and put them in place of where they should be, and leave their tags on them while the hospital burned down, and escape unnoticed. They would think the bodies were them and they where dead. Then they'd go to some prearranged Stargate address and live there together for the rest of their lives."

"Huh? Didn't they find two bodies? Do you think it worked?" Daniel surged his shoulders "Duno." Then he got up and walked out with a big grin on his face, leaving a puzzled Captain Murray sitting at the briefing room table. //Well Jack you pretend I was dead so I could be with Shar'ree so I'll pretend you are to, so you can be with Sam. Hope you enjoy your new lives old friends. Don't worry about Alana she'll tell no one.//




X~~~***~~o~~***~~~X




Somewhere in that nice tropical planet that Jack remembered on the Ice Planet.... There is nothing but sea, sand, sun, and palm trees to be seen for miles around. All except two figures a Man and a Woman walking hand and hand along the sand as the sun sets in the west over the sea.




X~~~***~~o~~***~~~X

The end



End Notes: Ok I wrote this one while I where bored at college, between classes. No work to do yet! Remember let me know!