samandjack.net

Story Notes: Belongs to the Sam and Jack Relationship Archives.

No spoilers that I know of.

The SG-1 team goes to a perfect reality with a few surprises.

The time line for this one is one year before the other one started. So if they found the stargate in 1994, then in the other reality, it would be 1993. Everyone got it?

I don't spell well, so bear with my names please.

All of the SGC and SG-1 do not belong to me.

All personal thoughts in Bold.

No flames please contact us at tracys4@olynet.com


Stargate Command looked different to SG-1 as they came through the gate. They didn't really mind though, any place had to be better than the planet they came from. Their enthusiasm was short lived; however, when about 100 guns put them in their sites. Colonel O'Neill was the first to speak. "All right guys, we're happy to see you too and all, but this is ridiculous! Put the guns down!"

General Hammond's voice came over the intercom; "I can't let them do that." Jack looked up and saw the General standing with two other people next to him. He started to say something when he met the gaze of one of them.

"Sam?" He asked, a little unsure of who it was. She had the same piercing blue eyes, but her hair was much longer. It reached dawn to the middle of her back and framed her face.

"Yes sir," his Sam asked.

The other one uttered his name. "Jack?" She turned toward George Hammond and started talking; the other person joined in occasionally.

"Sir? What did you want?" Major Carter asked her commanding officer.

He looked back at her. "I wasn't actually talking to you Major, but I might as well point out that I think we aren't in Kansas anymore. I just saw you up in the control room with General Hammond."

Carter looked up to see three retreating backs make their way to the stairs. In no time at all, she was confronted by Hammond, Kawolski, and herself, they all seemed a little shocked to see her.

"Who are you four?" General Hammond demanded to know.

They all looked at each other and Jack decided to speak. "Well sir, we're from an alternate reality, I think. If you want the specifics then you need to ask Daniel and Major Carter. They know all about it. All I know sir, is that there is one Kawolski, who's very much alive, two Carters, and..."

"That's where you're wrong Jack." The other Sam spoke up. "See, there is only one Carter, seven O'Neills, two Daniels, two Teal'cs, and two Kawolskis." She turned to the General, "Sir, can't we please let them go? We've seen this kind of thing before."

Mean while, Jack had been calculating this Sam's figures. When he came up with five more O'Neills than there should be, he shot a look at Daniel, Carter, and Teal'c. All of them shrugged their shoulders.

The low murmuring was interrupted by Samantha's "Oh for crying out loud! All I was saying was..." She lowered her voice again.

O'Neill raised an eyebrow at her use of one of his favorite sayings. He glanced at his Major Carter and he actually saw her smile.



**************************************************************



Sam Carter sat in a room at the Mountain base. She had been separated from her team for medical tests that had to be run. The door suddenly opened and she stood up. There in front of her was Jack O'Neill, but, in this reality, he was a General. "Hello Sam, mind if I talk to you for a little while? I have some questions to ask." He motioned for her to sit down and she complied.

Carter knew what the questions were going to be. If this Janet Fraiser was anything like theirs, she had found Sam's Goa'uld marker, but no larva. "If I may sir, I know what you're going to ask yes, at one time I was a host for a Tok'ra named Jolinar. He was one of the good guys and saved my life. Jolinar died so that I could live. That's why Dr. Fraiser found a marker in my system."

General O'Neill looked at her in amazement. Instead of commenting on what she had just told him, he asked her a different type of question. "Doctor Fraiser, you mean Kawolski and Janet aren't married in your reality? And," he said, seeing her getting ready to answer his question. "Please don't call me sir. It's been to long and I'm not used to it. Call me Jack."

"Ok, Jack. Umm... no, Janet and Kawolski aren't married in our reality. He died about two years ago. Sir... I mean, Jack, can I ask you a question?" She started tentatively. He nodded, then starred at her. It was hard for him to see Sam like this. It brought back too many memories of his life before her. The only good thing that came out of that life was his son, Charlie.

The major hesitated briefly, "What did you mean by 'it's been to long since I called you sir?'"



**************************************************************



Colonel Jack O'Neill sat in a room close by Sam's, but he didn't know that. He was pacing the floor. Seven O'Neills? Where the HELL did she get that calculation from? Were there more of him here than two? And what about there only being one Carter? Had she gotten married to someone else? Samantha O'Neill coming in interrupted his thoughts.

"Jack, I need to talk to you. That is, if you will let me?" She asked and sat down in a chair across from his bed.

He looked at her for a few minutes before sitting down. "I suppose they wanted to know about Carter? Or how we got here?"

Sam nodded and folded her hands behind her head, a gesture he, himself had used plenty of times.

"Well, Sam, my reality's Sam was a host shortly for a Tok'ra named Jolinar. It was one of the good guys and died saving Carter's life. As to how we got here, that I don't know, you'll have to ask yourself or Daniel about that one. I just fire the guns on missions."

Sam laughed at that.

"Oh Jack," she said, still laughing. "You're the same no matter what reality you come from. But don't think so little of yourself. You do much more than that." He gave her a small grin.

Pacing the floor again, he studied her for a while, "Mind if I ask you something?" Sam shook her head.

"Why is there only one Carter here and seven O'Neills?" He asked, giving in to his curiosity at long last.



*****************************************************************



Two rooms down, Daniel Jackson starred at the woman who had come into his quarters. "Shar'ee?" He asked in awe, "What are you doing here?"



*****************************************************************



Two rooms to Colonel O'Neills left sat Teal'c starring straight a head. A knock came on the door and then Daniel entered. "Hey Teal'c, how are things?" He started the conversation easily.

"They are not going well Daniel Jackson. I would like to see my other teammates. What have you done with them?"



******************************************************************



General O'Neill sat back and put his hands behind his head. "Well... you're going to find out sooner or later, so I might as well tell you now. You haven't call me sir in four years because that's how long we've been married."

Sam opened her mouth to reply, but it just hung there, refusing to close. "Married? But, how's that possible with regulations and everything?"

Jack grinned. "Trust me Sam, where there's General Hammond's will, there's a way and of course, there were other circumstances too." He said, blushing slightly.

"What circumstance?" Cater asked and wondered if she really wanted to hear it.



*****************************************************************



Sam O'Neill beamed happily. "You'll find out eventually. We're married Jack, have been for four years. So, there is you, my Jack, Charlie, Cassandra, Jonathan, Katherine, and I. the last two are our twins, they're four."

Colonel O'Neill felt tears gather in his eyes. "Charlie's alive?" He barely whispered. Mrs. O'Neill replied with an affirmative and, even before he realized what was happening, walked over to him and hugged him to her.

"I take it Charlie's not a live in your reality." She stated lightly and rocked him as he cried.

When he finally stopped, he pulled back and wiped his eyes, rather embarrassed. "No, he's not. He died about five years ago. Then I went on the first Stargate mission. When I cam back, Sara and I got a divorce, two years later we found Daniel at Abydos and started traveling around looking for Shar'ee and Skhara, who had been taken by Apophis."

Sam rubbed his back like her was a little kid. "They were taken were you're from?"

Jack looked at her in surprise. "Yes, wait, do you mean they're here?"



**************************************************************



Shar'ee looked at Daniel for a while. "I belong to the SG-1 team. There are seven of us on the team. You, Jack, Sam, Skhara, Kawolski, Teal'c, and myself." Dr. Jackson palled slightly.

"You and Skhara were never taken by Apophis?" He asked, praying she'd say no. Then at least there would be a Daniel Jackson somewhere who had a better life then him.

"No, Skhara and I came here with you and stayed because Jacob was born." She sat down across from him.

"Jacob?" He questioned.



*****************************************************************



The other Daniel bowed his head; then, "They are being asked a few questions by some members of our SG-1. Don't worry Teal'c, they're fine." The Jaafa looked at him skeptically.

"I will believe this when I see it." Just then Hammond's voice came over the intercom.

"All SG-1 teams report to the debriefing room immediately."

Daniel Jackson smiled at Teal'c, "It guess here's you chance."



*****************************************************************



The debriefing room was quiet as everyone starred at everyone else. Colonel O'Neill was extremely happy to find out that Skhara and Shar'ee were alive and safe in this reality, but that still didn't make him feel any more comfortable with the situation.

SG-1 sat across from SG-1 at the table with General Hammond at the head. "Dr. Janet Kawolski has given you all a clean bill of health with the exception of Major O'Nei... I meant to say Major Carter, the rest of you look clean. I have been told what the Major's differences were from and that is the only reason you are being allowed at this debriefing. I trust my team and they said it was ok or you would be under VERY heavy guard. One wrong look from you and you will be put in a cell, is that understood Major?"

Sam nodded, "Yes, sir, I understand."

A ruckus was heard outside the room. "Momma! Momma!" came a little boy's voice.

"Charlie, I want to see Daddy." Was heard from a little girl before the door flew open and four boys and two girls came in.

They stopped when they saw all of the people in the room. Charlie spoke first, "Hey Mom? Dad? Which one's are you?"

General O'Neill smiled and raised his hand. What looked to be the youngest two of the group went running over, followed by Cassie and Charlie.

"Daddy! Why are there two of you here?" Katie asked her father.

Carter's eyes went wide and she shot a glance at Colonel O'Neill, who just nodded.

"Uncle George, we heard you call for SG-1 and wondered if you wanted us too." Cassandra stated and picked up Jacob. "Here you go Daniel and Shar'ee, your son wanted to show you something that he made," she handed him over to his parents.

"That's Jacob? He's your son?" The other Doctor Jackson asked. He got a couple of nodded. General Hammond smiled at the kids and told them to take their seats and they went to their parents. Thomas Kawolski went to his mom and dad. He crawled onto his father's lap, settling in for a spell.



****************************************************************



Two hours later, the children ran into the daycare. The two SG-1 teams and General Hammond followed and watched them play. Katherine had blond hair and blue eyes just like her mother, while her brother, Jonathan was the spitting image of his father and Charlie. Jacob was too cute with his brown hair and eyes like his parents.

All the kids got along supper well, It looked like Thomas, who had his mother's eyes and father's personality, had a thing for Katie. Jack said he wouldn't let his daughter marry a Kawolski and Charlie Kawolski laughed saying he wouldn't let his son marry a O'Neill, but everyone knew they were just joking.



***************************************************************



Major Carter, Major O'Neill, and the two Dr. Jackson walked into the lab. "From what I've learned about your reality, I don't believe there's much we can share with you. Your military found out about the Goa'uld, Azgard, and Teal'c all before anything serious happened."

Sam O'Neill and Daniel Jackson nodded. "Yes, we did find out about Apophis coming and we were able to contact the Azgard and they turned up to fight them off."

The other Doctor Jackson broke in.

"Wait, you mean that your SG-1 team never went to the Goa'uld home world?" He asked himself and beamed when he got the shake of a head. "That's great!" Sam Carter looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, It can be an alternate reality information exchange. We can give you the coordinates that I got when I traveled to this other reality were Teal'c was still first prime for Apophis and Sam and Jack were engag..."

"Daniel! I think that they get the idea. Why don't you give them the coordinates?"



*****************************************************************



The other members of the SG-1 teams and the General stood around getting to know each other now with all the changes in the realities.



*****************************************************************



Sam was blushing when the story was finished in front of the Doctors. Major O'Neill laughed. "Sam, don't be embarrassed. That happened to Jack and I, but with a little different ending."

Everyone walked in and noticed the Major's blush. "What's the matter Carter?" Jack asked his officer.

Daniel went to say something, but Carter elbowed him in the ribs. "Nothing sir, Dr. Jackson was just adding in his two cents on our conversation, like we wanted to hear it, but it was nothing. Should we continue the information on the Goa'uld home planet?" She suggested. Teal'c raised an eyebrow.

"Were you telling the story of the planet of light and dark?" Teal'c asked Daniel and the doctor said yes. Sam glared at him. "It was the logical assumption."

The Generals looked at each other, than everyone else. "We haven't heard your version of the story yet. Why don't you tell it to us Daniel?"

Sam Carter stood up. "Sirs, I'm going to go to sleep. I already know this one. Goodnight everyone." She walked out the door and swore on a stake of bibles that she would get even with Daniel Jackson if it were the last thing she ever did.



******************************************************************



The next morning everyone was eating breakfast together in the mess hall. Major Carter took a seat across from the Generals and that was her first mistake. Her second was taking the platter of pancakes that was handed to her.

"Major, could you please pass me some hot monkey sex... I mean hot pancakes?!" O'Neill said.

General Hammond choked on his orange juice and Skhara spat out a piece of bacon at Shar'ee, who was sitting across from him.

"Sorry Sam," Mrs. O'Neill said to he counter-part and kicked her husband under the table. The juice came by the Colonel and Shar'ee asked for it. Since Jack was busy helping Sam, her husband spoke up. "Could you please hand the juice to us now? Not a quarter to sex, umm, six!"

That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The table irrupted into laughter. Sam stood up and started walking away, her face growing redder and redder.

"Oh, Sam! Come back!" Daniel tried to say.

"Major Carter, I'm sorry, they didn't mean it!" Jack called after her, laughing himself. With her gone, everyone got under control. Colonel O'Neill stood, "I better go get her." He suggested and got about three feet away when the alternate Daniel spoke up.

"Make sure she doesn't 'attack' you again, you poor man." Laughter was heard irrupting again behind him as he left the building.



*****



He found Carter outside sitting on a rock. "Carter," he started lightly. "They didn't mean it. It was just that Jack, Hammond, and Daniel found it so funny that nothing happened...."

"Really?" she broke in, "Then why was there a comment about 'hot monkey sex', huh? All I know is that Daniel Jackson is dead! I don't care which one I murder, just so long as I get one." She screamed.



******************************************************************



Later at General Hammond's office, someone found out how to get them back to their own reality. SG-1 was told that they were going home. "General Hammond, when was this picture taken?" Jack asked. The picture was of the O'Neill family, Jackson family, Kawolski family, Teal'c's family and General Hammond was in the middle of them. Everyone looked so happy and comfortable with each other. "You all look like friends in it."

General Hammond shook his head. "Nobody in that picture is my friend." He stated. All of SG-1's eyes widened. "Everyone in that picture is my family. We are, as close knit as any family you will find. I can't imagine what it would be like without one of them here."



******************************************************************



Good-byes were said to everyone and General O'Neill handed Sam something. "Give this to Jack when you get back. Thanks." He gave her a kiss and walked to his wife putting an arm around her.

This reality's Teal'c and Daniel took the other Jack aside. "We just wanted to say good-bye to you and point out something you might have missed before you went through the gate. It's been three realities now Jack where you and Sam have been together. Think about that, Ok?" They stepped away and watched them go through the gate.

On the other side, Jack grabbed Sam's arm, "Sir, is something wrong?"

O'Neill shook his head. "Just thinking about something Teal'c and Daniel said. Maybe they're right, we haven't gotten the hint yet. It's been three realities Sam." He stated clearly.

"I know Jack. Come with me to my house later?" the major asked.

Colonel O'Neill winked. "Thought you'd never ask."

"Oh, Colonel, before I forget, this is for you. General O'Neill wanted you to have it." Sam handed it to him, written side up. A simple note was on back:

'Jack, I knew that you lost your son, so I thought that you could borrow a little bit of mine. Jack'

On the front was what Charlie looked like now that he was growing up. He smiled widely at the camera, obviously loved by his father.

"That Jack is something else. Kinda like my Jack."

O'Neill put the picture carefully into the front pocket of his shirt and patted it. "Your Jack huh?" He saw her nod. "Well, I could get used to that." The Colonel motioned for her to go first. "By-the-way, that 'wild, hot monkey sex' thing came from Teal'c, OUR Teal'c."

Sam's eyebrows shot up.

"Really? Well, I'll have to have a chat with him. Oh, Teal'c!" She called lightly, walking down the ramp with Jack in tow.

General Hammond stood in the control room, waiting to hear where they had been for the last 24 hours. When he saw the Major and Colonel's fingers intertwined, he smiled. Must have been a good place, can't wait to hear this.



The end