samandjack.net

Story Notes: bambam126@hotmail.com feedback, please!!!!!!!!

Status: complete... short and sweet

Spoilers: none i can think of

Archive: Sam and Jack, Heliopolis, my site - yes, all others please ask (but i will say yes)

Notes: Thanks to Linz for the inspiration (and threats) to make me start writing and to Becca for beta'ing!! you guys are the best!


Dumb Things:




I seriously think that was one of the dumbest things I have ever done. That says a lot considering I am a guy that has spent most of his life being dumb. See the thing is I sorta...kinda...accidentally... forgot Sam's birthday.

Before you all yell at me, it's not *completely* my fault. I mean we were off world and under attack at the time! and I did know it was coming up... and then I knew it had past.

So due to my utter dumbness I am now desperately searching for a way to make it up to her. How does one make it up to one's girlfriend when he has forgotten her birthday, you ask? Well don't look at me I haven't the foggiest. Which is why I went to Daniel and Teal'c for help. I know they aren't exactly poster boys for good relationships but as I said before I was desperate and I could use any help I could get!

Unfortunately for me they turned out to be no help at all.

"I can not help you O'Neill. I would not be so foolish as to forget such an important date as a birthday," Teal'c informed me. Thanks buddy, just rub it in.

"Wow Jack, you really screwed up," was all Daniel could tell me. Again not the kind of moral support I was after here.

So I tried Janet: "You forgot her-?!" was all she got out before I realized it I would be a lot safer running in the opposite direction.

I even tried Cassie: "You could always ask her to marry you! She would definitely forget about the birthday thing then." Tempting thought but not entirely healthy for a relationship that is suppose to be secret.

So you wonder: what did I finally do? The manliest thing I could think of.

"Jack, what are you doing?" Sam asked as she opened her door and found herself staring face to face with a pair of big yellow eyes.

You would think she had never seen a black-ops trained, Air Force colonel hiding behind a kitten before.

"Hoping you don't deck me," I said from the other side of the fluffy little fur-ball I had strategically placed in front of my face.

"Meow" said the kitten.

"So you've come to grovel and you think that a cute little kitten is going to save you?" she asked.

I nodded vigorously, still hiding. "Will it work?"

"I don't know..." she said trying to sound stern, but I could tell she was already giving in.

"Meow."

"I love you, Sam," I said in my sweetest, most innocent voice and gave her the big watery eyes.

That did it. She crumbled and reached for the kitten. "Man, I am such a softy," she mumbled.




the end... told you it was short!



End Notes: please send me feedback... i am a bored, lonely person who thrives on attention!

-bryn-

check out our SG-13 homepage at: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/SG13/