samandjack.net

Story Notes: Bear with us, this is our first fanfiction that we have ever written. It takes place after "The Broca Divide" and it contains a small spoiler for 'The Broca Divide.'

It is rated PG-13 for language and maybe a kiss or two.

It is a Sam and Jack romance, of course.

Summary: Sam and Jack get the surprise of a life time when a present comes throw the gate with their names on it.

Belongs solely to the Sam and Jack Relationship Archive.

All standard copyright infringements apply. Sam, Jack, and the rest of the Sg-1 crew and SGC do not belong to us; however, Teally and Danny do, but if anyone wants to borrow them, feel free to. (I do wish however that Jack and Daniel did.) We took a liberty or two, like with General Hammond, I don't care for the name George. Please forgive us and no flames please. Now, on with the show.


In another reality



Sam and Jack stood with two small babies in their arms. Sam was crying hysterically as Jack dialed up the gate to send their children to a different place.

"Do you think this is going to work?" Sam asked worriedly.

Jack kissed his daughter on the forehead. "Do we have a choice? If Danny and Teally stay, they might die, if we send them away, they could have a chance to live. I'm sure our kids will be fine." Jack said as a tiny tear slipped down his check.

Sam kissed both her little girl and boy. [Please let the reality that we are sending them to be safe.]

Jack put both babies in a cart type machine with a note and pushed it through the gate after Sam gave the SG-1 code. His last words followed the machine, "We love you, we love you!" "Don't worry love, it's going to be ok, it's going to be all right..."



***



The other real reality



"IN COMING TRAVELER!!! SG-1 CODE HAS BEEN GIVEN!" the familiar voice came over the intercom and all the usual gizmos went off. The only thing was that SG-1 stood there looking around bewildered.

"Let me see," Jack said sarcastically, "We started out with four people, will still have four people, unless my math has failed me. So, the question that remains is, 'Where did we get any extra?'"

General Hammond paused for a moment, "Open the Iris. But I want MILITARY GUARDS IN HERE STAT!" The cart device rolled to a stop half way down the ramp. "SURROUND IT! It could be a little gift from the Goa'uld."

Just then, a two, tiny shrill sounds came from the device.

"What is that?" came from Jack.

SG-3 took a look inside and found two infants. A little boy and girl who started to crying the instant they saw the strange people. "SIR, there seems to be a note addressed to Colonel and Captain O'Neill with the infants."

"Dr. Fraiser, report to the Stargate room immediately." Then, "Don't touch a thing, we don't know what has happened to those kids." Hammond ordered.

Doctor Janet Fraiser came running in. "SIRE, you need me?"

General Hammond cleared his throat, "There seem to be two infants in that device and we need to know if they have been tampered with in any way."

After carefully examining the small children, Doctor Fraiser said that nothing appeared to be wrong, but she needed to take them to the infirmary. "Go to the de-briefing room now. We will go over the letter in there. Our first priority is to figure out where those two came from."



*****



In the de-briefing room:



To Colonel and Captain O'Neill:

We have just sent our children to your reality hoping that our alternate selves there would take care of them while our world is being attacked by the Goa'uld. IF we do not come after them in a month's time, we have probably been killed and we hope you will look after them. We realize that this might be quite a shock to you, but we had to send them away.

The boy is named Daniel William after one of the best men at our wedding, Daniel Jackson and the children's 'Grandpa Billy,' General Hammond. The girl is Teal Carter O'Neill after the other best man, Teal'c and for Samantha's maiden name.

They are three months old and are our lives. Please take care of them and tell them that we love them very much.

Signed, Colonel Jack O'Neill And Captain Samantha Carter O'Neill



The room was so quiet that you could here a pin drop. Teal'c raised and eyebrow, "Grandpa Billy" Jack looked sideways at Sam and saw tears running down her face.

"Oh my God! Those are our children!" She barely whispered as she met his stare.

Doctor Janet Fraiser walked into the room. "SIR, you will never believe this, but those two belong to..."

"Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter." General Hammond finished for her.

"Yes SIR. How did you know that?" The General handed her the note and she carefully read it. "Good God."

"My sentiments exactly," O'Neill said. "Are they ok?"

"Yes, SIR, they are just fine. Missing their parents terribly, but other than that, in perfect health." She said to her two worrying colleges.

"Can we see them?" Sam asked after taking a deep breath. Janet nodded an affirmative and the Colonel and Captain looked at General Hammond, "SIR, may we be excused?"



*****



20 minutes later



Daniel walked into the infirmary and say the two little babies being held by their 'parents'. Jack held a baby girl with brown eyes and blond-brown hair. Sam held a boy with blond hair and blue eyes in her arms. Both babies seemed happy and Jack and Sam were glowing with love and pride.

"Jack, can I talk with you alone, please?" Daniel asked.

Jack handed his daughter to Samantha carefully. "What is it Danny boy?" Jack asked as they walked across the room.

Daniel turned to Jack, "Don't get to attached to those children, they are not technically yours." He said in a low voice.

Jack's voice came out low and monotone, "I know they're not, but I feel connected to them."

Daniel asked in the same low voice, "What are you going to do?"

Jack grinned all of a sudden, "What do you think?"



*****



A few days later at Jack's house…



"Jack, how do you put this stupid thing together?" Sam yelled. "I have saved the world from the Goa'uld, flown countless missions in the Gulf War, and fixed stargates. Why can't I set up one of these friggin' cribs up?

Jack walked into the spare bedroom where the twins were staying. "What's the matter Sam?" Jack asked.

Sam threw down a piece of the crib. "I can't get this stupid thing together! Could you help me, please?"

"Sure," he grinned.

In ten minutes, the cribs were set up. Jack, with Sam at his side, stood there admiring their handiwork. Just then, one of the babies started crying. "There's Teally again," Sam sighed as she started walking toward the door. "I'll go see what the problem is."

Jack shook his head, "No, you were up with her all last night. I'll go this time."

"Thanks SIR, I hope nothing is wrong with her."



*****



An hour later:



"She's fine you two. Babies cry all the time," Janet said with a gleam in her eye. *I'm so proud of their taking on this responsibility. The Colonel and Captain are really doing a good job. They both care a lot about Danny and Teally.*

"Are you sure she's all right?" Jack asked with a worried look on his face.

"Yes, SIR, she's fine! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the SGC. If anything else happens just call me and don't worry, okay?"

"Right Doctor Fraiser." They both said in unison.

After she left, Jack turned to Sam, "I told you she was going to be fine."

Sam just stood there, her mouth wide open, then, "Who was the one who called Doctor Fraiser? It wasn't me, SIR! I told you she was fine, but you didn't believe me!"



*****



Two weeks later…



"I'm noticing some changes in the Colonel and Captain. The children are happy, health, and adjusting well."

General Hammond turned to Doctor Fraiser, "I'm glad to hear that. Do you think they are ready to go back to work?"

Janet looked down into the gateroom and sighed, "Yes, SIR, they're ready."

General Hammond picked up the phone and talked into it. Five minutes later, Colonel O'Neill and Captain Cater came into the General's office.

"General, you wanted to see us, SIR?" Sam asked a smile on her face.

"Yes. The doctor says that the twins are doing great and that you two can come back to work now."

Sam's smile left her face as the General's words sank in. "Uh, SIR? I think that's going to be difficult. There's no one to watch them and are we sure we want to leave them with someone that they don't know?" Sam was hoping Hammond would let her stay with Teally and Danny.

"Captain you and the Colonel can't take anymore time off, We have planets that need to be explored and we all know that that's SG-1's department. We can't have only two SG-1 members exploring planets, now can we?"

Jack shot a glance at Sam for a second and answered no.

"You two will report to the gate room tomorrow at 0800, now, dismissed!"

They saluted him and walked out of the office. Jack could tell that Samantha was upset.

"San, they'll be just fine. Nothings going to happen to them." When she looked at him distrustfully, Jack said softly, "Come here Sam."

She sighed and walked into his arms. His warmth covered her like a blanket as he hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry I'm acting this way SIR. I don't know what’s wrong with me! Maybe I'm just motherly."

Jack let go of Sam and she started to walk away. The Colonel watched her walk away and then, before he knew what he was saying, bellowed out, "We have children together Carter, you can call me Jack."

While Sam was in the infirmary checking on Daniel and Teal, Jack went back into the General's office. "SIR, can I talk to you?"

The General sat down and leaned back in his chair. "Sure, what can I do for you Colonel?"

"Well," O'Neill cleared his throat, "Captain Carter is upset about leaving the twins. So, do you think that maybe there's something we can do to keep the children close by?"

The General was quiet for a moment, then, "I'll see what I can do."



*****



The Next morning....



"Captain Carter. I need to see you for a moment."

Sam looked at him. "Sure SIR." She walked into his office, praying it wasn't something about the twins.

"Captain, I had a talk with Colonel O'Neill and I've decided that the children can stay on the base. Follow me Captain."

Sam followed the General to a room that was normally used to hold weapons or very angry visitors, but wasn't anymore. When she walked into the room it was dark at first, then suddenly the lights came on and everyone shouted "Surprise!"

Sam looked around, the room had been painted half-blue and half-pink. There were two cribs with a blue and a pink blanket and two teddy bears. In one corner sat two swings, a couple of chairs, and two changing tables. Shelves lined one wall for baby clothes, toys, supplies, and what have you. Sam was shocked. She didn't believe that the General would do something like this.

"Thank you so much, SIR. I love it!" Sam hugged her commanding officer.

The General continued on as if nothing had happened. "We picked this room so that in case of any emergency, it could be sealed off from the outside world so the twins would be safe. The Colonel found a nurse in the Air Force to look after Teal and Daniel.

Jack took a step forward. "Her name is First Lieutenant Jonnette 'Jett' McGuire. She is one of the best and she owes me a favor."

Sam smiled, "Thank you SIR."

Jack shook his head, "How many times do I have to say it, call me Jack."

Sam looked into his eyes, "Thanks Jack."



***********



"Ok you two behave yourselves. We will be back at 1600 hours." Jack was bending over Teally and Danny, de-briefing them as if they were little soldiers. Sam just smiled. Jack's lecture and stern look was ruined when Teal made a raspberry sound and Danny giggled, smiling toothlessly. Jack stared at them, grinning. "All right. You two have fun and take care."

"Jack, no offense, but don't you think you have been talking to them enough? You've been babbling for ten minutes straight! We have to go!" Daniel was impatient, he walked over to the babies and Jack and grabbed him by the arm. "Come on Jack, they'll be fine." He turned to Teally and Danny and said in a baby voice, "Isn't that right, you two? You're going to be good aren't you? Yes, you are." He let go of Jack's arm and started tickling the babies under their chins. The abrupt change in Daniel made everyone laugh at him with amused looks on their faces.

Jack patted him on the back. "Whatever you say Daniel, whatever you say."

"SG-1, you're leaving in five minutes, finish gearing up." General Hammond's voice came over the intercom.

"We better go O'Neill, Doctor Jackson. We have to leave in four minutes and forty-five seconds," he turned toward the children, "You two be good." Even Teal'c was protective over Teally and Danny. Everyone kissed the two infants and left for the gate room.

"Bye, babies, we love you!" Sam called as they walked out.

"Ok," the General said from the control room, "This is just a standard mission. Go to the planet, check things out, bring back any important artifacts, information, and you now that rest of the drill. Get going SG-1 and be safe." General Hammond ordered.

The team walked through the gate. As soon as they emerged from the other side, they noticed two rather strange things. One, there were SG-1 members on the other side and two, it was Sam and Jack.

"What the Hell?" Shouted two Colonel O'Neill's as two Sam's gasped in surprise.

"Wow! This is something else! Who are you two? I mean, were did you come from?" Daniel was confusing himself. Both O'Neill's sized each other up and the two Captain's just stared at one another.

The alternate Jack was the first to speak. "Well Daniel, you know where we came from, a different reality and it was your idea to send Teal and Danny here."
"You mean you two are Teal and Daniel's parents?" Sam asked.

"Yes, we are. The fighting ended a lot sooner then anybody thought. The Azgard's showed up out of the blue and helped Earth out. That Thor is something else." The other Sam said to her counterpart. "We just got done de-briefing and thought we would come for the twins. It was a lot easier fighting without having to worry about our twins, but it was still hard. All we could think about was what Teal and Daniel were doing, who was with them, and where they were. Are they all right? I mean, they're safe right?"

Daniel smiled, *They are definitely their parents. They worry more than the other pair and I thought that was impossible.*

"Sam, Jack, they are fine. General Hammond mad a day-care for them at the base and a friend of Jack's is watching them."

"Really? Well that doesn't surprise me, General Hammond has always loved those two or any child, at least in our reality. He really likes us two. When Sam's father was away and we couldn't get in touch with him, Hammond was the first to offer to give the bride away. When he found out that we were going to have a child, he was overjoyed." Jack said casually. He had to make some kind of conversation, this was too weird for him and he needed to get control of himself. "He loves children, did you know that? It might give you a little lee-way over Hammond in the future."

"Jack, darling, they might not be married in this reality like I said before we sent the note. Just because we are, doesn't mean they were going to be."

Jack grinned somewhat sheepishly at his wife. "Sorry love, you're absolutely right." He turned to them, "So, are you two together?"

The question made Carter blush and O'Neill cough. "I guess that's a no." Samantha O'Neill shot her husband a look and when his eyes locked with hers, she could see the love and returned it.

"Oh, funny, I could have sworn you two were married. Well, love, it looks like you were right after all. Sorry for doubting you." He walked over his wife and picked up her hand, kissing it tenderly, "Forgive me?"

Mrs. O'Neill smirked at him, "Maybe, then again, maybe not. It depends, what are you going to do to make it up to me?" A wicked gleam entered her eyes.

"Oh, I don't know, how about this?" before she could think about what he was planning, she was pulled into his arms and kissed passionately. The other Jack and Sam, along with the rest of SG-1, looked at them, shocked. They weren't use to seeing Jack and Sam kiss, then again, most of them rationalized, and this wasn't the Sam and Jack they knew.

When the kiss finally ended, the alternate couple turned toward SG-1. They looked differently then they had a few seconds ago. "Can we please see our children?" Sam asked. "It seems like close to forever since we last held them."

"Oh…sure, let's go back." Jack was a little confused. They had gone form very hot to very concerned in a few moments. "You know we will *have* to check you out though. That will be ok with you two, right?"

Both of the married couple looked at him. "Of course that will be just fine. If it were us, we would want to check you out after fighting with the Goa'uld. It's protocol." Jack and Sam O'Neill held hands as Teal'c dialed home and Daniel gave the code for the Iris.



*****



Back at SGC...



Let's just say that General Hammond was more than mildly upset when two sets of Sam's and Jacks came through the gate. Both Jacks noticed that *right* away and tried to explain it at once.

"Dr. Fraiser, check those two out. If they get a clean bill of health, have them report to the de-briefing room immediately." General Hammond turned and walked away after giving the order.

"Some things stay no matter what reality you go to." Jack smiled. "Well, It's been a while Doctor Fraiser. How have you been doing?" O'Neill asked as he as his wife were escorted to the infirmary.

In the infirmary, Samantha O'Neill started to pace the floor. She wasn't alone, even Colonel O'Neill was getting impatient. "Jack, I don't know how much longer I can go with out seeing Teal and Daniel. I need to see my babies!" Sam was becoming desperate and Jack went over to her.

He put his arms around her and soothed her with his voice, "I know Sam, I know. I miss them too, but if it was another Sam and Jack in here and we were out there with two little ones to protect, we would do the exact same thing. We both know it."

Sam sighed and laid her head on Jack's chest. "I know Jack, but still, it's not, it's us."

"Good new Colonel and Captain, you can go see the General now. Though, I think there are a couple of people who would like to see you before you de-brief." Janet stepped away as First Lieutenant McGuire brought in their little boy and girl and set them in their parents' arms.

"Here you go Colonel and Captain."

"How have my two precious little babies been? We missed you so much! We love you tow." A surprised silence set upon the room. Most everyone in the infirmary expected Sam to say that, not Jack.

"Oh, Jack! Look at them. They have gotten so big! I feel like I have missed out on some thing." Sam cried, hugging her little girl to her tightly.

Teal'c came in to the room, knowing he would have to break up this touching reunion. "O'Neill, Carter, I mean, O'Neill." He stopped, obviously messing himself up. "General Hammond wants to see you two. He said that you could bring the children with you."

"Be there in a minute Teal'c." Jack stated as he brushed away the tears running down his face. "Let me take Teally, Sam and you can take Danny. I want to hold my baby girl some."

They walked into the de-briefing room with their children. "SIR," they both said, sifting the infants so they could salute.

"At ease." He said with a knowing smile on his face. "Colonel, why don’t you tell us what happened. You never know when we could use the information." Hammond ordered as the sat down at the table in the head spot and the rest of SG-1 followed suit.

"Yes, SIR. It all happened..." O'Neill started.



*****



Two hours later Sam and Jack led the O'Neill family to the day-care. "They'll be safe in here." Sam said gentle as her other self and Jack put the babies in their cribs.

"We just want to thank you two for what you have done. We know it must have been a burden on you. I mean you probably had to watch them closely and spend time toge..."

Jack spoke up quickly as they neared the cafeteria, "It was no trouble, really. We just sat up cribs at my house in a spare room."

"The room facing the park?" Sam inquired. Her husband pulled out her chair for her as they came to a table in the cafeteria.

"Yes, how did you know that?" Jack was mildly surprised.

"That's their room in our dimension. We just knew it would be a perfect nursery, didn't we Jack?" Jack nodded an agreement. Both Jack's got up and came back with 2 cups of coffee.

"If you don't mind us asking, how did you two come to... be married?" Sam was curious. She had been wondering about it since they had read the letter.

"Well, I don't know if it's happen to you yet, but once we all contracted this disease that turned us into primitives..." Captain Cater blushed Jack grinned, "I guess it did happen Sam." He said quietly.

"After that, we realized we loved each other. A few months later, Jack asked me to marry him and I said yes. Want to see a picture of the wedding?"

Jack dug into his pocket when Sam asked the question and pulled out his wallet. In side of it were many pictures. There was one of Charlie, a couple of the O'Neill family, one or two of Teal'c, Daniel and General Hammond, and the one that caught Sam and Jack's attention, a picture of the wedding. Sam and Jack stood beaming at the camera, their love for each other evident in their smiles. It was an outdoor wedding on a beautiful day. The bridesmaids wore peach dress with top hats and half veils. Even Sam wore a top hat with her long ball-gown wedding dress. All of the groomsmen wore tuxedoes with white gloves and black top hats. Jack smiled. "We had to figure out away to have Teal'c there without drawing too much attention to his gold symbol on his forehead." Jack said as Samantha Carter raised a questioning eyebrow at the non-uniform attire.

"I wondered how you did it." The other Jack admitted. "At least you got him there."

"Yep, it was a beautiful wedding and even more special because our friends could be there." Sam and Jack looked into each other's eyes. Love showing so deeply that it made Captain Carter feel like she was looking at something much more intimate.

"Three months later, Sam found out she was pregnant. It was one of the happiest days of my life. Though, I must say that it was a small shock when we found out it was twins."

"When did you find that out?" Sam asked.

"In the delivery room after I went through seventy-two hours of labor with Daniel. I was just a little mad at Jack when I found out I had to push again."

A snort came from Jack, "A little, I never thought you knew so many cuss words." Sam kicked her husband under the table. "Sorry," he said, rubbing his leg.

Sam looked at the time as the finished her coffee. "We better go Jack, we have to get back before Daniel, Teal'c, and General Hammond send SG-3 for us and the twins."

Sam and Jack stood up as did their other selves.

"Captain Cater, can I talk to you for a moment?" The alternate Jack asked.

"Uh... sure." She walked over to him and they started walking to the day-care.

"I must wanted to tell you that Jack loves you. I can tell."

"Jack? I don't know." She said blushing.

"Well, I do. I can see it every time he looks at you. And I know you are going to miss the twins, but you'll have some of your own, don't worry."

"Thanks," she said softly. Sam hugged Jack.

Captain O'Neill had been talking with Jack, telling him the same thing. After she finished, she walked over to them. "What did you tell her Jack?" She whispered in his ear.

"About the same thing you told Jack, that they love each other."

The General had agreed to let the O'Neill's leave. So when Sam and Jack said good-bye to Teally and Danny, Sam had tears in her eyes. Daniel, Teal'c, and General Hammond had trouble saying good-bye. Jack kissed both kids as did Sam, then the gate was opened and they were gone.

On the other side of the gate, Sam and Jack touched the device that had gotten them to that reality. After that, they returned to their reality. Daniel and Teal'c came running up the ramp, they were happy to see Sam and Jack, but more happy to see the twins.

"Jack, do you think that they will get together?" Sam asked as they hugged and started walking down the ramp behind the rest of SG-1 and the twins.

He kissed her, "I think they will."



*****



The Other Reality:



Sam and Jack stared at the closed Iris. It had been around 30 minutes since the other Sam and Jack had left. "I guess their back in their own reality huh?" She asked as wiped the tears away.

"Ya, Samantha, they probably are." Came the quiet answer.

"We won't ever see the twins again," she said with a shaky sigh and walked down the ramp.

"You never know Carter, you never know," was his soft reply.



******

The End.



Please send all positive comments to tracys4@olynet.com and no flames please!!