samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: southerngirl_uk@yahoo.co.uk connster97@hotmail.com

SPOILERS:None

ARCHIVE:Heliopolis, SJA and little miss's site, others please ask first

AUTHORS NOTES:This is Connie's first fic :)we wanted a really nice mushy fic for you at christmas!

FEEDBACK:Yes please, but no flames. Enjoy!!


The smell of turkey wafted through Jack’s house. The fairy light were lit and the table laid.Sam smiled to herself, it looked wonderful.She loved christmas, always had done. Even after her mother had died, it still brought the happy memories of when she was alive.

Looking at her watch she knew it would soon be time for the others to arrive. They had no idea about Jack and her, and that’s the way they wanted to keep it,for now. Telling people could spell a disaster for them both. She would be transferred as well as court marshalled, and Jack, well....where was he?

Walking up the stairs she heard the water splashing as he sang to himself. Smiling, she pushed open the door to see him sat in the bath full of bubbles, oblivious to the fact that she was there. Leaning against the doorframe trying hard not to giggle, she watched him silently, enjoying the sight before her.

He was her commanding officer, but she loved him. He was strong and commanding, but with her he was gentle and loving. Jack suddenly sensing that she was there turned to see her stood watching him.

He beamed a smile ", Hi honey, how long you been standing there?" Sam smiled warmly at him and began to walk forward ",Not long." "Well ain’t ya going to wash my back?" he grinned waggling his eyebrows suggestively. Reaching out she touched his soapy shoulders, feeling the heat seep through her fingers.

Leaning down to his ear she whispered ",Later, but if you don’t get out soon, I’ll get in there with you and then we’ll never get dinner done."Jack shivered as her breath kiss his ear ",Can’t have that can we?" he smiled."Daniel and Teal’c will be here soon, so are you going to greet them in the tub or are you going to come down?"

"Well how can I come down when you won’t let me get up?" he grinned. Sam stood back and removed her hands from his shoulders, but not before leaning down to kiss him. "You Jack O’Neill are incorrigible!" "But you love me right?" "Always," she smiled ", now get out the damn tub."

Jack watched her flash him a huge smile and started to get out ", Slave driver," he muttered. "I heard that," came a distant reply. Sam stood at the kitchen sink elbow high in soap suds, when Jack wrapped his arms around her from behind. Leaning her head back she met his lips. "Mmmm," she sighed, " you smell nice." "Well I should hope so!" " I wish we didn’t have to hide this all the time," Sam said as she leaned into him. Her head resting on his chest.

Jack turned her around, letting her soapy hands drip all over his shirt. He tilted her chip up so he could look into her eyes ",So do I," he smiled. "One day we’ll be able to do this in the open," smiled.Jack’s mind was filled with happy images of them walking hand in hand in public. He kissed her head ",You betcha we will."A knock on the door interrupted them.

He kissed her again, making it linger a little longer, knowing this kiss would have to last them all evening." I love you," she whispered breathlessly. "I love you too," he smiled.Leaving her side he went to greet his guests."Hi Jack," Daniel greeted happily ", is Sam here already? I saw her car in the drive" "Right here Daniel," she called from the kitchen.Daniel went towards her voice and instantly planted a kiss on her cheek when he saw her.

Teal’c came in and smiled ", Hello O’Neill." "Come in Teal’c," Jack grinned.Half an hour later, Janet and Cassie arrived. The place wash awash with laughter. Jack stole glances over to Sam who seemed to be glowing. He loved her more each day, and today it hit him like a bolt of lightning.Sam looked up and smiled at him. "Sir," she smiled "How about I make us all a coffee?" "Good idea," he said ",I’ll give you a hand." Both of them headed into the kitchen shutting the door behind them. The second the door closed they were kissing each other. Arms wrapping themselves around each other possesively. Jack moved down to kiss her neck, then back to her lips. When they finally parted, both were a little out of breath."All this hiding is making me crazy," he grinned. "It’s certainly got it’s good points," she smiled, her arms still around his neck. "Let’s get this coffee done or they’ll suspect!" Jack disentangled himself from her arms, kissing her palms as he removed them from his shoulders.

Sighing, Sam smiled. She followed him, reluctant to leave this room. She wanted nothing more than to be able to put her arms around him and be able to kiss him and look longingly into his eyes.But this was OK for now. Stolen kisses and secret hugs. It just made her love him more.

After dinner, the group gathered around the fireplace in Jack’s living room. The fire was perfect for the season, crackling every so often with the flames slowly feeding off the logs. The fireplace filled the room with a warmth that enveloped the group as they chatted and laughed over Christmas memories past.

The atmosphere of the evening even effected Teal’c, as he found himself relaxing and smiling more than usual. "Okay folks, who’s gonna help me decorate my Christmas tree?" Jack asked leaning over poke the fire, indicating the large Evergreen standing in the corner of the room. "I spent a one heckuva morning trying to get it in here and then I nearly had to cut the top of the tree off or it would have poked a whole in the celing!!!" His eyes twinkled merrily, while the others laughed.

"Oo, I will…let me help!!," cried Cassie enthusiastically, leaping up from her place in front of the fireplace. Her ethusiasm was infectious and Sam, Daniel, and Janet readily agreed to help as well. "I do not understand the tradition of hanging objects on a tree, O’Neill" said Teal’c, "But I too will assist you."

"Thank ya, Teal’c ole’ buddy" replied Jack, grinning. "I appreciate your help. I’ll go and get the Christmas ornaments, they’re in the other room." As he left the room, Sam found herself looking after him longingly. Oh how she wished that he had asked her to join him! She wanted to feel his lips on her own once more! But…they had already done this routine with getting the coffee, the others might notice if they were to do the same thing once more.

Sam stifled a resigned sigh. They would have to wait until the others left. "Sam, what’s the matter, are you ok?" Sam felt a hand on her shoulder and reluctantly tearing her eyes away the direction of other room, found herself looking at a concerned Janet. "Oh…um…Janet, you startled me…yeah, I’m fine." Sam managed to reply. "You sure? You’re blushing." Janet answered. "Am I?" Sam said hurriedly, raising her hands to her cheeks, "it must be rather warm in here."

Janet said nothing, but shot her a both a questioning and knowing look. Before Sam had a chance to say anything, Jack came back into the room, his head barely visible behind the tisel, boxes of ornaments, and Christmas lights, he carried in his arms. "Sir, let me give you a hand," Sam said a bit eagerly, scrambling to her feet and quickly going to where he stood in the entranceway. "Thanks, Sam…um, I mean, Carter," came Jack’s muffled reply.

As she proceeded to unstack some boxes from Jack’s arms, Daniel cleared his throat and Janet and Cassie began to giggle. Teal’c looked that the others inquiredly. Sam turned around questioningly and Jack asked, "What’s the matter guys? What’s so funny?" Daniel cleared his throat and pointed, "Um, Jack, look above your head." Jack looked and thought "What the….!?!" Sam, unknowningly looked as well and her heart started to pounded as she saw the mistletoe hanging from the top of the entranceway.

As Jack and Sam stood and looked at each other awkwardly, Daniel grinned broadly and Janet and Cassie continued to giggle. Teal’c looked around at each of his friends, eyebrows raised. "I do not understand the meaning of this…please explain." Daniel coughed and smiled, "This is another Christmas ritual. If two people get caught standing under the mistletoe, they have to kiss." Janet and Cassie tittered knowingly Teal’c nodded. "I see…thank you for explaining, Daniel Jackson."

"Well, you two what are you waiting for…Teal’c hasn’t had the opportunity to observe this ritual, so why not show him?" laughed Janet. Jack and Sam looked at the others and then looked at each other. They had been set up and somehow their friends knew about their feelings for each other. Smiling then, and unable to hide their love any longer, they came together in such an embrace and kiss, that Janet had to cover Cassie’s eyes. The embrace and kiss were both long and sweet.

At that moment, Jack and Sam forgot that their friends were in the room and knew only each other. When they finally parted, Daniel, Janet, and Cassie laughed, applauded, and cheered as Teal’c smiled warmly. Jack and Sam smiled at each other and holding hands, walked back to where their friends were. "How did you guys know?"

Janet laughed, "Call it a woman’s intuition." Daniel chimed in, "I’ve had my suspicions as well…we thought we would try out our theory." "How did the mistletoe get up there?" Sam asked, "I don’t recall seeing it there before." Cassie, unable to contain herself, replied, "Well, while you two were getting the coffee, we had Teal’c hang it in the entranceway!"

"For crying out loud!" came Jack’s incredulous response, "Of all the…" Sam laughed with both delight and relief. Like it or not, their secret was out, at least among their closest friends. As for what the future held next, no one was certain. But for now, they were content to live in the moment and celebrate Christmas and the holiday season. Jack and Sam looked at each other and smiled once again. "C’mon everybody," laughed Jack, "Let’s go decorate that tree!"



END