samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: sj4ever_meg@yahoo.com

Feedback: Please! I need it!

Archive: SJ archive, Heliopolis, any other that want it please ask

Season/Sequel info: Set in any season

Spoilers: None that I know of

Author's notes: I’ve been in a birthday mood this past week. (Mine's only a few days away) And this idea just wouldn't leave me alone. :-)


This day has been getting weirder and weirder. Then again, birthdays are supposed to 'interesting'. Right? All this started this morning.

The mail man had brought me this big package. It didn't say who it was from. Now, I'm debating weather to open it or not.

I let my curiosity get the better of me and I open it. There are a dozen roses. I take then out and go find something to put them in. They were beautiful.

Then I notice a small note attached to them. I open it hoping it will say who it's from. I know who I want them to be from, but that would never happen. It only has a few lines written on it.

* Happy Birthday Sam. I couldn't think of a better day than today to tell you how I really feel about you. *

I just stand there for a moment. There are so many questions running through my head.

Who was it from? What feeling? How did they know today was my birthday? How did they find out where I live?

I think that's it's someone I work with. Other than that I have few friends that would do something like this.

I snap back into reality when I notice the time. If I don't get to the base soon I'm going to be late.



*****



I walk into my lab. I find an unmarked envelope lying on my computer. I open it and begin to read.

* Dear Sam,

I know you want to know who I am, but I can't tell you yet. Soon though, very soon.

I need to tell you this and I don't know how to say this to you in person. I can just erase something if I make a mistake in writing this.

Ever since I met you I’ve been attracted to you. At first I thought that was all it was, attraction. You're so beautiful, smart, loving, and kind. Lately I've come to realize that it's more than that. Sam, I'm in love with you. I could spend every day of the rest of my life with you. I just don't know if you feel the same way. I guess I'll find out soon. *

That has to have been one of the most sweetest things I have ever read. I just hope it's from the person I want it to be.

Then I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in."

"Hi Sam." Daniel said as he stepped in the room. "I just stopped by to wish you a happy birthday."

"Thanks."

"What's that?" He asked referring to the letter I hold in my hand.

"Oh, it's a letter I found here."

"Really?" He has this smile on his face that most likely means that he knows more that he's saying.

"You know who this is from, don't you?"

"Who me? No." He then turns and walks out of the room. I didn't believe him, so I followed him.

"Tell me who."

"I was sworn to secrecy."

"So, you do know who it's from."

"Maybe."

"Come on. Tell me."

"I can't. I will tell you that you'll like it."

He then walks away. I wonder how he knows what I like, or if he knows what I like.

The rest of the day is filled with more surprises. Almost everywhere I go there is something waiting there for me. I find things like more flowers, some chocolates, and more notes.

I have a feeling that both Daniel and Janet are in on this. I keep getting weird looks from them. They refuse to tell me who did this. This is actually starting to get a bit annoying. If I don't find out who did this soon I'm going home.

I go back to my lab to get my stuff. As I am gathering everything I hear foot steps behind me. I freeze.

"So, did you enjoy everything today?"

I would recognize that voice anywhere. "You did it?"

"Yes." He says as he moves closer to me.

He moves behind me. I feel him wrap his arms around my waist. He pulls me close to him.

"I love you Sam."

"I love you too Jack."

I turn around in his arms to face him. He kisses me lightly then pulls back.

"I did have some other things planned tonight. If you want to go."

"Of course. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." He says with a smile on his face.

He takes my hand in his and leads me out of the base. He walks me to my car and tells me that he will come pick me up in a few hours. I hurry home to get ready.

Later he comes to get me. We go out to eat, dance, and just have fun.



*****



The next morning I wake up still laying in Jack's arms. I think about everything that happened yesterday. This birthday has been the best one I've ever had.



*****



So, what do you think? Feedback would be a great B-day gift. :-) Please, please, please.

Meg

=====
Second Lieutenant Meg: SG-12 Off-World Medics
*****
Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.
*****
1 day 'til my B-day!!!!! YAY!!!!!!