samandjack.net

Story Notes: Season: oy, what season is Tok'ra? I believe that it's season 2

Spoilers: Tokra 1 and 2, plus (as a bonus) premonitions of Divide and Conquer.

Authors Note: First of all, when I told my dad I thought that Jack would have done this, he said I had "delusions of granduer", so I decided to post it here, where it could be fully appreciated. :-) Second, with the kiss on the cheek in the corridor, and the strange smile that Jack had as they came down to the gateroom, I thought that something had happened between Jack and Garshaw. I think that she likes him, and who can blame her? :-) I know that it was never developed on the show, but neither has half of the stuff we shippers dissect and rewrite. :-)

Another Authors Note: The first section of this takes place while SG 1 and 3 are being held by the Tokra. Sam wants to get back home, but they're not allowed to leave. The second part takes place at the very end as the Tokra are leaving Earth.

Yet *Another* Authors Note: Just want to thank my dad for giving me the title to this. :-) I couldn't think of anything else. :-) Enjoy


*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1

Back and forth, back and forth. Oh, what a surprise, back and forth again. "Daniel." Jack spoke calmly. "Stop. Pacing." Daniel abruptly sat down, pausing a few seconds before standing up again. Rolling his eyes, Jack stood. With a look toward his distraught 2IC, he walked over to one of the Tok'ra guards and spoke quietly. "Can you take me to Garshaw?" The guards looked at each other, and nodded slightly. "Uh," He turned to face the others in the room. "I'm going to go have a little chat with Garshaw." Cutting off any protests, he allowed himself to be led away by one of the guards. "Colonel O'Neill." Garshaw spoke as he entered the room. "Our decision still stands." "Yeah, look," Jack took a deep breath as he faced the Tok'ra woman. "If I agreed to become a host to Salec then you'd let my team go?" Garshaw looked at him in surprise, her expression softening. "The symbiotes name is Selmak, Colonel, and no, I could not allow that." Jack was angry. He was beyond angry. "Why?" He questioned, barely keeping his fury in check. "You want a host, and my Captain wants to see her father. What's wrong with it?" "While your offer speaks much for your character, the Tok'ra only take willing hosts." She raised a hand to cut off his protests. "You are not a willing host. You would do this for the sake of your team, not because you actually want to blend. The very thought disgusts you. No, the Tok'ra would not accept you as a host under these circumstances." She was struck by the hardened sorrow on his face, as he listened to her words. This was a man of great honor, she realized, her host agreeing. "Take him back." Garshaw spoke to the guard. "I'm truly sorry, Colonel." She spoke, as he turned to leave. His squared his shoulders, and left the room, leaving a very confused woman behind him.

*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1*****SG1

"Goodbye, Colonel O'Neill." Garshaw said as they descended the steps from the control room. "I hope we shall meet again." "I'm sure we shall." Jack replied with a slight smirk. "Perhaps when we do," Garshaw looked at him with a smile. "you and I could take the opportunity to get to one another better." Jack raised his eyebrows. "Uh, well....." He trailed off as they walked into the gateroom. The conversation was over, for now. Jack watched the three Tok'ra walk up the ramp, feeling hostility toward Martouf for some unknown reason. "Until next time." He said sarcastically after they disappeared through the portal. "Sir?" Sam questioned. Jack turned to face her. "I just have a feeling they'll turn out to be a huge pain. Like, huge. Not your dad of course." "Of course. Who knows, Sir." Sam spoke as they walked out of the room. "Any time with them may turn out to be, I don't know, enlightening." "Enlightening?" He questioned skeptically. "Sure. Who knows what we'll learn. They may even teach us stuff about ourselves." Sure they would, Jack thought. And pigs would fly. As if the Tok'ra could teach them about themselves. That'd be the day.



The End.