samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: None.

Season/sequel: Future season.

Author's notes: I tried to do this in the style of watching an episode. I hope it came off right. This is how I want the show to end - in all its shippy glory! A big thanks to Lisa Yaeger for her wonderful beta job.


(Scene: Jack's cabin.)

It was a warm summer day as Jack O'Neill sat on his dock with fishing pole and beer in hand. His feet propped up, he smiled contentedly, leisurely pulling at the line and beckoning the fish. He sighed, pushing his hat up his sweaty forehead as a shadow suddenly fell over him.

"I'm going to get another beer, you want one?" the other asked.

"Yeah, that'd be great."

A moment passed when Jack quickly turned.

"Hey! Make sure it's the coldest one, okay?"

"Of course," his companion called back.



(As the other walks off, the camera focuses on Jack resettling in his seat. After a moment the camera pulls in tight on his hand holding the fishing rod. The imagine goes out of focus a moment, but suddenly refocuses with a different colored rod in his hand. The camera pulls back and we see Jack sitting in the same position, only wearing different clothes.)



Jack sat, leisurely pulling at his line. Suddenly hearing voices he sat up quickly, turning towards the source. A slow and tender smile spread across his face as he pulled his sunglasses down and watched the persons approaching.



(The scene changes to a woman and two children walking towards Jack. Not showing the woman's face, she is holding a one-year boy in her arms and the hand of a five-year-old girl. The girl suddenly breaks free of the woman's grasp and runs off.)



"Daddy!"

As his daughter approached Jack bent down, sweeping her vigorously into his arms.

"Hey, baby," he said softly, kissing her nose.



(The camera shifts to the two others approaching, finally revealing the woman to be Sam.)



Jack glanced up to see his wife and son drawing near. As they approached, the couple shared a smile before leaning into one another to share a kiss. The kiss was tender a moment before Jack groaned and deepened it when Sam parted her lips. Suddenly they heard laughter and smirked, reluctantly pulling apart and glancing to their daughter.

"Hey, no giggling," Jack replied, pulling Sam and his son closer.

"Jack, please tell me you've caught our dinner for tonight," Sam said, brushing a hair from her daughter's eye.

"Sam, you know there's no actual fish in this lake," Jack countered, stroking his son's cheek.

"Yes, silly of me to think you'd catch a fish while fishing," Sam teased.

Turning as one, the family moved off towards their cabin.



(As they continue walking, the camera stays back and watches the foursome while they get smaller in the frame. Only their dialog can be heard thereafter.)



"Daddy, can we play checkers?"

"Yes, baby."

"Daddy, after that, can we swim in the lake?"

"Yes, baby."

"And after 'that', can we play dolls?"

"Yes, baby."

"Jack, can you take a look at the pipes in the bathroom? The water's going down very slow in the tub."

"Yes, baby."

Sam laughed.

"Hey, what I'd say about giggling."

Mother and daughter laughed as the family disappeared up the steps and into their home.



(Fade to black.)