samandjack.net

Story Notes: Archive: Like anyone would want it.

Spoilers: Chain Reaction and a small one for POV

Season/Sequel: Season Four

Feedback: I would love it. Praise (I wish), Constructive Criticism, and Flames are all welcome. (Hey something has to light my best friends squares.)

Authors Notes: This is my first attempt at a fic. I was only planning on being a lurker on this list, but since it was in an e-mail that was my first step out of lurkerdom, the quote that inspired the challenge, I decided to take a chance. Depending on how this is received I will probably go back to be a lurker.

Dedication: To Mr. Farrell (who’ll never read it) for giving me the strength and courage, through your belief in me, to try new things, to take a chance.


COLONEL O’NEILL

"Unauthorized incoming traveler."

"Who do we have out?"

"SG-7 is the only team on-world sir. Wait the computer recognizing a GDO code, it‘s SG-1‘s sir."

"But there isn’t a SG-1 anymore, not as a collective unit anyway. Open the iris but send a containment team down there."

With this I take off towards the Gate room. What I see coming out of the gate not only shocks the hell out of me, but also tugs at my heart strings. Out of the gate comes SG-1, or more correctly, what used to be SG-1. What pains me most is that Carter, and my, I mean his hands are intertwined. It must have been a relatively easy mission, they’re all laughing well except Teal’c off course. Then he takes notice of me.

"O’Neill?"

"Yeah Teal’c" we answer in unison.

"Oh my god Jack, I think we’re in an alternate reality." Carter said. More tugs, I’ve wanted her to call me that for so long, I still do. She won’t even talk to me now.

"Airman go wake up the General, and take SG-1 to two of the V.I.P. quarters." Oh shit, I can feel a migraine coming on, and I haven’t even talked to Davis yet. This is not going to be a good day.

Oh, here he comes. "Colonel, what did you wake me up for?"

"With all due respect sir, SG-1 came through the gate."

"How is that possible, I dismantled your team when I took over command here?"

"Yes sir, I know you did, but I’m not talking about OUR SG-1 sir. An alternate SG-1 came through. I believe we should have a briefing with SG-1, past and present."

"Good idea. Airman go get the alternate SG-1." And with that he went to the control room. A few minutes later you could hear his voice over the P.A. "Dr. Jackson to the briefing room, Major Carter to the briefing room, Colonel O’Neill to the briefing room, Teal’c to the briefing room." Oh this is going to be fun, I can tell.



SAM


"Colonel, Major the General would like to see your team in the briefing room."

"It’s about time Hammond got his head out of his ass." Jack said as we started walking towards the briefing room.

"Sir, General Hammond retired months ago. I’m taking you to see General Davis." Well, at least I finally found something that can render Jack speechless. We stop to get Teal’c and Daniel along the way.

"Jack, Sam are you guys alright?"

"Yeah we’re fine for now Danny-boy."

"What do you mean ‘for now’"

"Well Space Monkey Hammond retired, and Davis is in charge of this SGC, is what I mean by it." Damn something to render Jack AND Daniel speechless. Now I know I hit the jackpot.



COLONEL O’NEILL


SG-1 sits on one side of the table, and what used to be SG-1 sits on the other side. Jack and Sam are still holding hands, and Carter has an unreadable expression on her face as she see it. What happened to us I wonder, we used to be able to read each other so well. Oh wait, I know what happened. Davis happened. Speak of the devil, here he comes. Oh shit, he’s noticed their hands also.

"Colonel O’Neill, Major Carter I will have you court martialled for this obvious flaunting of your relationship!"

I can’t stop myself, I have to say it. "With all due respect sir, you can’t court martial them, they’re not from this reality." I say in a tone of voice that says I have absolutely NO respect for him whatsoever.

"Well Colonel, I can have them court martialled if I go back with them and tell myself, that they have a relationship that is against regulations." He spits back at me. Oh shit, Jack’s got that twinkle in his eye. I know that twinkle. That’s the fuck off asshole, I know something that you don’t twinkle.

"Well now General, I really don’t give a flying fuck, whether or not you come back with us, and tell yourself about our relationship. However, it might take a while to find yourself, and he probably won’t remember us. If he does though, it will only serve to piss him off more, considering he didn’t like me BEFORE I got him fired."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well you see General Hammond had the regs suspended for us, by the president himself. I found out he retired because of a threat on his granddaughters if he didn’t. I found out Kinsey was behind the threat, gathered dirt on him, and approached him with it. He obviously recalled the threat. Hammond’s back, and your sorry ass is gone. That’s how not only our team, but us also, are together." I knew the moment Sam was going to snap, and I braced myself for it.

"See Colonel, I told you the General was forced to retire, but you said no, he just wanted more time with his family. I never thought I’d say this, but I hate you!" This is going to turn into a really big screaming match I can tell. The grapevine used to have a betting pool as to when we’d get together. Now they have one on which one of is going to kill the other, and when.

"Well, you’re the one that built the naqueda bomb against not only your wish, but against your morals. I’m not very fond of you right now either. " That was a lie and I knew it. That always comes out when we fight like this. And with my last statement the General called an airman to take SG-1 back to V.I.P. quarters.



SAM


They decided to separate our team while they tried to calm down their two errant officers. They put Jack and I in one room, and Teal’c and Daniels in another room again. When the guard leaves, I turn to Jack. He pulls me into a hug and I cry on his shoulder. Oh Jack, how can they hate each other so? I can’t imagine not loving you."

"Sam, honey, just because they seem to hate each other right now, doesn’t mean that they don’t love each other on some level."

For crying out loud Jack, you’re confusing ME now. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around."

"Given the situation I won’t take any offence to that statement. It’s kind of funny though, you’re starting to pick up on my sayings, just like your alternate. Oh, and my statement before follows one of my grandmothers favorite sayings. ’Hate isn’t the opposite of love, it’s just love turned upside down.’"

"Even though, how can they even think they hate each other? She doesn’t hate him. I can see it her eyes."

"Sshh, it’s okay. I could see the same in his eyes. He didn’t want to be saying the things he did, it was as if something was compelling him to do it. When they come back for us we’ll talk to them about it. Let’s sit down now." Jack his back against the wall, my head is resting against his chest, and our hands are intertwined. This is one of the reasons I can’t understand their hatred. Our bond is so strong, that we don’t need any comforting words, just sitting here like this is enough. By the time the guard came back I had no tears left. There’s a knock on the door, and an airman enters.

"You guys get to go home now." Daniel and Teal’c are standing out in the hall waiting for us, and we’re quiet all the way to the gate room. When we get there, all four of them are standing there. We walk over and I instantly start in on Sam.

"Sam do us, and yourself a favor, and tell the good Colonel here, how much you love him, and don’t even try to deny it. I know you, hell for all purposes I AM you." Then Jack started in on the Colonel.

"And you Jack, you love her too. If you two will be good and admit your feelings, and I’ll tell you how to help General Hammond. If it works he’ll owe you a favor, and if it doesn’t well then there’s nothing to keep you here. You know the only reason you keep waking up and coming here everyday was so you could see your new "family". "

The Colonel blushed and said "oh for crying out loud." Then he turned to Sam and as they said "I love you" in unison, it was then that I knew everything was going to be okay. Jack told them how to get Hammond back with OUT Maybourne’s help, and then we walked through the gate, and when it shut down it was as if we never went through to that SGC. We found the quantum mirror we had mistakenly stumbled through, and went back through it.

"Danny dial us home." I sent the GDO code, we waited the requisite seventy-two seconds, Jack and I joined hands and went through. General Hammond was waiting at the bottom of the ramp, and I was never happier to see him.

"SG-1 you’re late." He said it a stern tone of voice, but he was smiling.

"Oh, but with such a story to tell." Only Jack would say that, only Jack.

Fine. Go get your physicals and a shower. We’ll debrief in an hour." We all walk away laughing and joking. All of us knowing, that now, we’ve set things right in that reality.




Thank you for reading all the way through. I hope you enjoyed it. If not Flame Away!!!!!!!!!