samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: Sarah74656@stargatesg-1.com

Spoilers: None really, maybe a few minor general ones.

Archive: Heliopolis, yes please do put it on the SJA!

Season/Sequel info: Set sometime in the first season, there or there about. At Christmas, obviously! There might be sequels, but that depends on whether or not everyone likes it!

Content Warnings: None.

Author Comment: Note from the not-so-genius! I love Christmas, and I decided that our intrepid four should too. I tried to make it funny, but when that failed I resorted to sap at the end. What can I say, I seem to write that best! Still, happy reading, hope you enjoy it!


I love Christmas. It’s such a wonderful time of year. The choirs are singing carols, the TV is playing films and children’s toy adverts ten to the dozen and there’s mince pies and puddings galore. All this aside however, my favourite thing about Christmas is spending it with my friends, or my extended family. Unlike some people, I’ve never really had a miserable Christmas. In fact, some of them, especially in the last three years, have been quite entertaining…



24th December 1998 2217



"Jack!"

"What?"

"You’re treading on my wrapping paper!"

"Well, Daniel, it’s your own fault for not being organised enough to do it earlier." Daniel looks shocked. "Erm, sir?"

"Yes Carter?"

"Aren’t we wrapping your Christmas presents?" Jack opens his mouth then shuts it quickly. "So, with all due respect, sir, isn’t it you who failed to be organised?"

"I do believe that is the case O’Neill."

"Aw, Teal’c, you’re supposed to back me up here!"

"I am afraid I do not understand."

"No, I don’t suppose you do."

"Well, sir, I tell you what. Since it’s your house and your presents, do you think we could help ourselves to what is in your fridge?" Jack grumbles. "Well, I suppose so, but don’t you dare touch the chocolate." Sam’s face lights up. "Chocolate? I love chocolate!" Jack groans as Sam runs off into the kitchen. "Erm, Jack, are you sure that’s wise?"

"Am I sure what’s wise Daniel?"

"Letting Sam eat chocolate. If I remember, last time she got a little hyper."

"Daniel, I really don’t think it was the chocolate. It was probably the coke or something." Sam pops her head around the door. "Sir, do you have any cola in the house?"

"Yeah, sure, it’s in the cupboard next to the cooker." Daniel looks at Jack in disbelief. "I thought you just said…"

"Forget it Daniel. Carter wants chocolate and coke, she gets chocolate and coke. Hey, it’s her decision, not mine."

"Whatever…"



4 hours later.



"That’s the last one done."

"Sure?"

"Sure."

"Thank goodness. I’m exhausted. Mind if I stay the night, I don’t think I can face the weather."

"Sure Danny boy, whatever."

"I’ll take the couch then."

"Are you sure? You can have the guestroom if you like."

"What about Sam?" They look across the room to where Sam is dancing to the Christmas songs on the radio completely obvious to them. "I don’t think she’s going to bed any time soon."

"We can’t just leave her Jack."

"Yeah, I know… Look, Daniel, go to bed. Teal’c, go meditate or whatever. I’ll watch Sam." Daniel notices he called her ‘Sam’ and Teal’c raises an eyebrow before they both leave, exit stage left, to go upstairs. Jack walks over to the stereo and switches it off. "Aw, sir, I was dancing to that!"

"Yeah, I noticed. Look, you should calm down a bit, it’s almost half past two in the morning!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, and I kinda wanna go to sleep."

"Really two thirty?"

"Almost, Carter, yes."

"You know what that means, don’t you?"

"That you’re not gonna let me sleep?"

"It’s Christmas day sir!"

"Well put the turkey in the oven and crack open a bottle."

"Aren’t you excited?"

"Not at 2:30 in the morning."

"I always used to get up at 3am on Christmas morning."

"So did I, however when I was 5 I wasn’t saving the world for a day job."

"Oh, lighten up sir!"

"I’m light!"

"Yeah, whatever! Come dance, and welcome Christmas day!"

"You know, Carter, you really shouldn’t have had all that sweet stuff earlier. You’ve got to come down off that sugar high soon."

"Oh, I’m fine, sir, no need to worry!"

"Of course not. Aren’t you even a little bit tired?"

"Nope."

"Wishful thinking."

"Well, maybe a little."

"Great. Why don’t you sit on the sofa?"

"OK. Sit with me?" Jack smiled and went to sit with Sam on the sofa. She curled up next to him and put her head on his shoulder. "You know, sir, I love Christmas."

"Yeah, Carter, me too."

"But you know what?"

"What?"

"This is my best Christmas yet."

"Why is that?"

"Because you’re here." Jack just smiled. "Yeah. I second that." And with that, Sam – who was now very tired – went to sleep. As she slept, Jack ran his fingers through her hair and whispered softly to her. "I love you, Sam." When he fell asleep 5 minutes later he didn’t hear her reply. "I love you too Jack."





Hope you enjoyed that! Sarah.

PS Copyright Sarah B (c) 2000 "Show me an Anthropologist that dresses like this and I'll eat this headdress" - Sam, Emancipation.