samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-Mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Season/spoilers: None

Archive: Sam and Jack, Yes. Heliopolis, yes. All others, I just need a web address

Noted: This is a Quickie to get me by while I write all the other long stories I have planned. And Feedback is a must.


It was a fight to end all fights. Sam stormed out of Jacks house and drove off in a fit of rage. In side was no different. Jack was ranting and raving over what just happened. But there was one thing he knew despite all that just happened, he was in love with Sam and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

Sam was not sure what happened or what just transpired. She did know who was to blame. This time it was her fault. She was not ready to apologize. An apology came a lot easier if they lonely for each other.

Sam keeps driving until she was at Janet's house. She was supposed to meet her there in 3 hours anyway, so she decided to go early. Maybe she could cool down with some chocolate Ice Cream. With Cassie in the house, Sam was guaranteed that Janet would have some.

Janet soon greeted Sam.

"Hey there, you are a bit early." Janet said as she opened the door, then Janet noticed Sam's face. "Ok what did he do this time?"

"Janet! We had a fight that is all. HE did nothing." Sam blurted out. Janet took a step back.

"Sam?"

"This time it was my fault. But I am still mad." Sam said insistent on fuming." Sam then looked at Janet. "Don't you think you should pack?" Sam suggested. She had already helped herself to the chocolate ice cream.

"Oh yeah, and by the way, I got the tickets. My friend got them for us." Janet said. She was referring to the WNBA Comets Game.

Sam and Janet were going to a conference in Houston. They both enjoy the WNBA so they decided to get tickets while they were there.

"The only drawback is," Janet continue, "Well have to go in our dress uniform. The game begins half an hour after the conference." That brought a smile to Sam's face. The time away would also give her time to find a way to apologize to Jack for her stubbornness.

Days Later

The Conference ended. It was quite interesting. It was about Women in authority in "This Man's Army." It helped women get the upper hand of their male subordinates. There was no real problem with that in the SGC. All the men were afraid to cross them anyway. Janet knew all sorts of torture in the Infirmary and Sam, well she knew how to ensure a few days extra off world.

Janet and Sam both went to the Compaq Center to see the Comets in action. They both seemed silly being in Dress Uniform, but they were defiantly recognizable. Heading up to section 210, they were grateful about their seats. They were in Row A seats 11 and 12. The perk was that they were center court.

The teams came out on the court for practice shots. The crowd at the sold out game went wild when the Comets made their show.

Five minutes before the game, the National Anthem was sung. Sam and Janet where obligated to do the Honorary Salute to the Flag while performed. Every so often, Sam would glance at the performer. At the game, they had a cute 4-year-old blond girl singing. She indeed did an excellent job and when she finished received a cheer from the crowd that would only be surpassed by a presidential Convention.

As the game begins, the festivities became livelier. Janet offered to go and get dinner for the both of them. Sam asked for a crawfish basket at the Pappas's Seafood stand (yes there is one in the Compaq center) And Janet decided on food from the Pizza Hut stand. Sam became worried when Janet seemed to take forever to return to the game.

While Janet was gone, an Official for the Comets' came to talk to Sam.

"Excuse me, ummm…." The gentleman was trying to use rank.

"Major." Sam helped. "Major Carter."

The Man smiled. "Ahh yes, ok Major Carter. You have been chosen to represent section 210 in the Nike Trivia Challenge. All you have to do is answer the Question about the game."

Sam knew she could do this. She had been following the Comets since Day one. "Sounds excellent to me."

"Great," the guy exclaimed. "It will be done on the Next Time out on the court." The man said.

Sam was excited to be doing this. Though she could not help but wonder where Janet was. She wanted to get up and go find her but the official would not let her up. The Game was going great. The Comets were ahead, 16 to 9. Sam watched the action when the buzzer rang. Then the announcer came onto the speaker. "Time out on the Floor. Ladies and Gentleman, It is time for our Trivia Question. One luck fan, if answered correctly will receive, well you know the drill." The announcer commented. The Trivial question was a part of every game and since this was at the end of the season, everyone was pretty familiar with the routine. "We have tonight, representing section 210, Major Carter. Major, when you are ready. Here is your question."

Sam was pulled out to the stairway and the camera was on her. She looked around hoping that the she could see Janet but she did not. She wished Janet was there to see her.

Suddenly a different voice comes over the microphone. "Major Samantha Carter, Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" It was Jacks voice.

Sam turned to see Jack there at the stairs with a ring in his hand. He moved over to her and bent down on one knee. He was dashing asking her like this and in dress uniform as well.

Sam lost her voice for a minute and almost her balance, but she soon composed herself. She noticed all eyes were on hers, including the players as well.

She knew that if she did not compose herself, then, she would not be able to answer the way she wanted. Taking a deep breath, she was ready.

"Yes," Was all that Sam said. She Pulled Jack up off his knee and passionately kissed him. This is what she wanted. Not only Jack, but also Jack willing to make a fool out of himself for her.

The fight earlier was about just that. Sam wanted Jack to not be so afraid to show affection for her in public. It was her fault because she wanted to change him. But deep down, Jack did not need that. He was perfectly willing to make the show for her, when the time was right. And the time was right.

The rest of the evening was great. Daniel actual traveled with Jack and finished out the game sitting with Janet. Sam and Jack went down to Courtside seats for the rest of the Game. After the Game all the players wished them their congratulations and many of them suggested and invitation might be nice.



hehe The End.