samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail- lora_232@yahoo.com

Feedback- please!!! Pretty please.

Archive- S&J, Heliopolis and of course, Another world. Please. Others ask and ill let tell you yes *G*

Spoilers: none that I know of. J/S

Authors note- thanks angel!


As she went through the gate she didn't even know where she was going, she just knew she had to run away. Run from the gou'ald, run from the memories, run to him.

She stepped through. Not knowing what planet it is going to be next. She knew one thing. She needed luck. She didn't have the United States behind her. It was just Samantha Carter against the world, a very big world as she knew better then anyone. She couldn't go to earth, home, the iris would be closed and she'll have no chance. She hoped she might get at some point to a planet that'll have a SG team on it. She needed A LOT of luck and she knew it.



*********



She was on a new planet now. It looked like heaven. She felt like getting all the food out of her stomach out the wrong way. Darkness slowly fell and reality ran away.



*********



She awoke in what seemed ages later. There was a young man standing beside her. She tried talking to him, he didn't seem to understand, and he left. She became desperate, knowing that it will be very hard for her if they didn't understand. A young woman came in and gave her something to eat. It seemed that there was something she wanted to say. But then the young man came in with a woman. The one that gave her the food stepped out quickly. Sam tried talking again.

"My name is Samantha Carter, do you understand me?" It seemed to go over her head. she saw no reaction. Sam was about to give up when she heard.. "Nice to meet you Sam. Call me Becca" Sam had a bright smile on her face as she began to eat. "Tell me your story Sam, do you mind me calling you Sam?"

"Not at all. The gou'ald got me, played with me for days, I finally got away"

"Was there anyone with you?"

"They think I'm dead"

"I'm sorry" Becca asked no more. She could see how hard it was for Sam. "One more thing"

"What?" Sam asked with glittering eyes. "Where are you from?"

"Earth" Becca's bright smile matched Sam's now. Sam thought she heard her whisper "home"

"Excuse me?"

"Never mind. There are only two people here that know English so ask for me, they all know my name"

"OK" Becca got up to leave. "Wait, don't leave me alone, I miss someone to talk to"

"Sure"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes"

"You're not from this planet, are you?"

"No"

"You're from earth?"

"Yes"

"But how? I mean..."

"I was on a trip with my brother" she said "in Antarctica, it's a long story, they saved us by taking us with them here. I assume you found it in Antarctica"

"Actually there are two stargates on earth. One's not active"

" My brother and I are pretty well known here so if you need anything just ask. I have to go now."

"You miss earth don't you?"

"Very much" she left and only then Sam could hear people calling for her. She felt very tired and went to sleep.



*******



Becca entered the room hours later. Sam was having a bad dream. She gently woke her up. While doing so Sam kept calling " Jack... no. Please Jack... I love you...don't leave" It took Sam some time to remember where she was. "I brought you something to wear"

"Thank you"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"He's my CO. he thinks I'm dead"

"He left you behind, not knowing you're alive"

"He had no choice, they would have killed him"

"Jack?"

"Yea. Colonel Jack O'Neill" Sam saw the change on Becca's face, she read it as surprise. "Jack?" her voice was faint. "You know him?"

"I used to" she tried to smile. "You miss him"

"Very much" was her answer again. "Well..."

"These people are technologically advanced" she cut her of again. "We can send a message to earth"

"Why didn't you do it a long time ago?"

"I didn't know you found the stargate"

"That would be great" Sam had a sparkle of hope now. And she knew she had luck. "Ill talk to Andy, my brother, he's highly respected here"

"How long have you been here?"

"About 15 years"

"Wow" Becca smiled and left the room so Sam will get dressed. She got dressed smiling, thinking of what she just discovered.



**********



Sam stepped out of the room and for the first time saw how blue the sky were, how green the trees were. Or maybe she just saw it because of what she's been through. It didn't matter. she loved it. They left the small town and went to the stargate. Becca and Sam walked side by side. "If they come here, will you and your brother come back with me?"

"I think we will. If you'll ask any he'll say no, that this is our world now. But I don't think he knows how much he misses home. When he'll see Jack he'll change his mind"

"Are you sure? Where is he?"

"I'm sure. And don't worry, You'll know him when you see him"

"Why?"

"You'll see" Becca smiled knowingly.

"But..." she stopped talking as she looked at the man standing near her. That tall frame was so familiar to her. Yet something was different, something about the eyes. As if more innocent. He walked to them. Her eyes never left him.

"Jack" she whispered knowing somewhere in side it can't be him but also had hope.

"What?" he asked, not believing. It's been years since someone called him that. He never thought he'd miss it. "How can this be?" she asked wondering, turning to Becca, he did the same. "Sam, this is Andy. Andy, Samantha Carter"

"Nice to meet you"

"You too"

"Andy's Jack's twin brother"

"I got that. Wait a minute, you're Becca O'Neill?"

"Yep. "

"Cool. "

"You knew?" It was Andy's turn to ask. "She told me a few hours ago"

"You're friends?" he asked Sam. "He's my CO. he's probably going to be in the group that'll come to take me home"

"Sweet" Sam chuckled. The stargate opened. They took something that Becca said is like a video camera and gave it to her. She sent a message.

"Hey. I know what you must be thinking. And nothing I'll say will change it. I can only ask you to believe that I didn't die. I found this world. If you don't believe me maybe you'll believe her"

"Hi, my name is Becca O'Neill for those who don't know me. Sam's not lying, she needs your help to come home. You know the star dust Jack, you know it"



**********



General Hammond, Teal'c, Daniel, Janet and Jack all stood in the control room when the wormhole opened. The iris closed.

They watched the message.

"Requesting permission to take a team through the gate, sir"

"You don't know what's out there, colonel"

"We can't pretend we didn't see it and leave her behind, sir. If there's a way..."

"OK colonel, SG-1 will go. Dr. Fraiser will join you. Briefing's in one hour" they started leaving the room.

"Jack."

"Yea?"

"You know her."

"Yes, sir" and he left.



*************



They were back at the town. A watcher was left near the gate. He'll take them to the town if they'll come. Sam wasn't sure they would. "Sam, if there's anyone I know its Jack, and he won't leave you" Andy tried to help. "A lot has happened since you last met. Things change. But I agree. Unfortunately it's not up to him" The watcher came in, showed a few people in and left. "Becca, Andy meet SG-1. Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, Janet Fraiser and... " She said as she greeted all of them "you know Jack O'Neill" she embraced him. They both got up. Daniel froze. Janet while following his gaze did the same. Sam looked at them and said, "these are Becca and Andy O'Neill"

"Hi" the two of them said together, hesitating. "Hello" Teal'c added. "Hi" Becca said. And quickly held Jack. their hold had strength and sorrow, and a long time longing to be together. They slowly drew back and Jack held Andy for a few seconds. Later Daniel will realize what a powerful moment it was when jack got back 3 people he loved and thought dead. "Twins?" Janet inquired. "Yea"

"But how?"

"Long story"

"Which I'd love to hear" Jack smiled at her. "We should go back. General Hammond will wait for us" Teal'c stated. Jack looked at Andy and Becca "will you come with us?" Becca had a doubt in her heart but said "yes" Andy hesitated, "can we talk?" Jack and Andy stepped out. "I'm going to talk to the people here, Jack. I owe them a lot. If… if Andy stays I think I will too. I mean, I want to go home but…"

"It's OK. Becca, you don't have to explain to us. I would like to come with you. I'd like to thank them myself."



*******************



The gate was activated. Daniel sent the code through. He left and then Teal'c did. Sam hugged everyone and said her last thanks and goodbyes. "Sir, before we come back to our reality, before everything changes, can I say something?"

"Sure"

"…"

"Sam?" She leaned to him and kissed him. Not some peck on the check. It was a real kiss. The kind you dream of. He closed his eyes. Afraid of the passion any one will see in them. "Guys, the gate" Becca called. They moved away. Didn't say a word and she left through the gate. "We will see you again, Jack."

"I know Becca."

"Every time I look at the mirror." They laughed. And gave each other one last hug. Becca was crying. "Ill miss you like hell, don't let go Becca, Andy looking good, stardust. Old jocks do die hard."

"For crying' out loud." Becca laughed. "I hope you understand why we can't go, our lives are here now."

"I know Andy."

"Tell Jessie we send our love."

"The never parading O'Neill four, right Becca?"

"You said it." His eyes didn't leave the gate, they couldn't. They smiled faintly. Goodbye isn't easy. "You love her, don't you?" His eyes were still fixed on the spot in the event horizon she just left through. "Very much."



****************

The End! So what do you think? Let me know! Efrat