samandjack.net

Story Notes: Angst and Romance

The names of the streets, other people and buildings are fictional. I'm from overseas and English is not my mother language, so all mistakes are mine.

Muchos gracias to Bonnie for beta. *hugs and smooches*

Email: ninja_girl@seznam.cz


The Accident


O'Neill's residence

Jack O'Neill was sitting on the sofa in front of his TV watching the news. He took a sip from the bottle of water he was holding when suddenly one of the news stories caught his attention: "About 20 minutes ago, there was a big crash on the Clarksville street. A car and a truck collided, the driver of the truck wasn't seriously injured. But the driver of the other car-a woman wasn't so lucky. She was seriously injured and now is in in the emergency room at St. Thomas hospital. Her identity is being withheld until her relatives have been notified. The cause of the crash is unknown, the police are currently searching for any witnesses. "

'Poor thing. ' Jack thought to himself. 'Just only a couple of blocks from here. ' His thoughts interrupted ringing of his phone. "Hello?" "Good evening. Are you Colonel Jack O'Neill?" the voice on the other end asked. "Yeah. " "I’m Officer David Grey. Do you know Major Samantha Carter?" "Yes, Officer. She's my friend and co-worker. What's wrong?" Jack asked, afraid for Sam's well-being. "Well, I have some bad news Colonel. Major Carter was involved in a car accident and now is in St. Thomas hospital. " Jack closed his eyes, remembering the news. "I'm calling you because you are her next of kin. " "Yeah. Thank you Officer. I'm on my way to the hospital. " he hung up the phone, grabbed his jacket and headed for his car.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

St.Thomas hospital

Jack arrived to the hospital 10 minutes later.

"Sir, may I help you?" the nurse behind the desk asked. "Yes.. ah.. I'm looking for Major Samantha Carter, she was brought in here half an hour ago. "

"Oh, yeah, that car accident. Go to the 4th floor and wait there for Doctor McKee. He will fill you in on her condition. " "Thank you. " Jack said and raced to the stairs. He waited in the hall for 10 minutes, getting really nervous, he started pacing up and down the hall. An elderly man with grey hair walked to him. "Sir, are you Colonel Jack O'Neill? I'm Doctor John McKee, I'm taking care of Major Carter. "

"Yeah. Doc, how is she?"

"I won't lie to you. She suffered a major concussion as her head hit the steering wheel. Her body is covered with cuts and bruises and we're afraid that something might be wrong with her spine, we're awaiting the results from an X-ray. "

"You think she won't be able to move?"

"It's a possibility that she won't be able to walk. We’ll to wait 'til she wakes up and tell us how she feels. "

"Can I see her?"

"I was just going to ask you if you can watch over her. "

"Sure thing doc. "

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jack walked slowly into Sam's room and was utterly shocked when he saw her for the first time. The Doctor told him that she looks worse than her state actually was, but he wasn't prepared for this either. He thought he was prepared for anything. Large, purple swollen bruise covered her forehead, bruise under her right eye, defacing her beautiful face.

"Sam?" he whispered as he sat on the edge of her bed. Her eyes fluttered but remained close. "J. . Jack?" she asked, opening them hesitantly. "Yeah, I'm here. " he said, taking her small bruised hand in his carefully.

"Oh boy, my head hurts. What happened?" "You were involved in a car accident. " "Oh, yeah, I remember. . . . " They sat in a silence. "Jack?" "Yep?" "Why can't I feel my legs?"

'Uh-oh. ' Jack thought to himself. 'Time to call the doc. ' He pushed the button.

"Jack? What's wrong? Jack! Why can't I move my legs?" she started panicking. Just then Dr. McKee walked into the room and stepped closer to Sam's bed. "Ms Carter, how do you feel?" "I can't feel nor move my legs. Doc, what's wrong?" Doc turned to Jack: "Colonel, would you please wait in the hall for a couple of minutes I need to examine Ms Carter. " He nodded and looked at Sam, who was staring blankly at the wall in front of her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jack paced the hospital hall for two minutes when suddenly a scream echoed through the quiet hospital. "NOOOO!!!!" Jack hurried to Sam's room, only to find Sam, crying in her bed and doctor comforting her.

"What's wrong?" "May I talk to you for a minute. . . outside?" Jack nodded vehemently, following the doc to the hall.

"She can't fell nor move her legs. The X-ray showed crushed nerve between two vertebra in her spine. I'm afraid she won't be able to walk again. I'm so sorry. " Jack sunk into the hospital chair and buried his face in his hands. "I know you're afraid, Colonel. All I can do is to give you an advice-the first months she will be angry, sad, depressed, she will cry a lot, think that all people pity her and the worst of all, she will push everyone away, even the people who she loves and who love her, her friends, her family. . . everyone. She will also refuse to go to specialists. Try to be with her all the time and give her all your love as her boyfriend. She'll need it. "

"Umm, we're just friends and co-workers. I'm not her boyfriend. " Doctor looked at him knowingly.

"Oh, sorry. But remember what I've said. "

"I will, thank you doc. " Jack turned on his heels and went back to Sam's room. She was still crying but noticed Jack entering her room. "Jack!" she cried and Jack hurried to her side. He took her in his arms carefully and she wound her arms around his neck, buried her head in his shoulder and cried. Cried so hard that his shirt was wet in a couple of seconds. She sobbed loudly and his heart broke as he heard her cries. "Jack. . . " she whispered, still sobbing loudly. "I know. I know. " his voice cracking, he kissed the top of her head and let the tears slide from his eyes as well.

Minutes later, Sam fell asleep in his arms and he laid her carefully back on the pillow and then he went outside to the telephone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"General. . . I have some bad news. " Jack sighed into the telephone.

"What's that, son?" Hammond asked, concerned.

"Well. . Sam was involved in a car accident. She won't be able to walk again. "

"Oh, Jesus. How is she, Jack? In which hospital?"

"She's asleep now, but she is taking it very hard. And it's St. Thomas Hospital. "

"I can imagine. I'm on my way. " Hammond announced and hung up.

Jack didn't really wanted to see anyone right now, but their friends needed to know. So he dialed Daniel's number.

"Daniel?"

"Jack?"

"Yea. "

"You sound worried. What's wrong?"

"I. . . Sam had an accident. . and. . won't be able to walk again. "

"Oh, Gosh. . . which hospital?"

"St. Thomas. "

"How is she taking it? And how are *you* taking it?"

"Very hard, Daniel. Both. " Jack's voice cracked and the tears were threatening to fall again.

"I'm on my way to fetch Teal'c and Jonas. We'll be there, say, in 10 minutes. "

"Okay. " Jack whispered and hung up. He leaned against the wall with the phone still in his hand. There was someone who he didn't call. Sam's best friend-Janet. So he dialed up and waited.

"Doc, O'Neill here. Sorry to interrupt, but I have some bad news. "

"What's wrong, colonel?" she asked, concerned as well.

"Sam had an accident. . . she’s in St. Thomas Hospital. She won't be able to walk again. "

"Dear God, I'm on my way. "she hung up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As soon as he finished the calls, he returned to Sam's room. She was sleeping peacefully. 10 minutes later, everyone gathered in the hall in front of Sam's room. Everyone except of Sam's father-Hammond, Daniel, Teal'c, Jonas, Janet and Cassie stood in the hallway, talking.

"Oh my Gosh, I can't believe it!" Janet exclaimed and held crying Cassie in her arms. Jack walked from Sam's room in front of the crowd. Cassie stepped close to him and hugged him. "I'm so sorry. " she whispered. "This must be hard for you. " "It is. " he whispered back. She let him go and Jack cleared his throat and started talking.

"Well, I'm not sure you all know the details, so I’ll fill you in. The truck and Sam's car collided on Clarksville street, a couple of blocks from my house. We didn’t know what happened or what was the cause, but the police is working on it. "

"What did the doctor said?" Janet asked.

"That there is a crushed nerve between her vertebra in her spine. Sam cannot feel nor move her legs. "

"So. . . she'll be confined to bed or to wheelchair all the time?" Jonas asked.

"Yes. But there's is a small possibility she will walk again. But it may take years. "

"Is she going to try it?" Cassie asked, hopeful tone in her voice.

"I haven't talked about it with her yet. She's asleep now. But I don't think so. "

"Why?" someone asked.

"Well, the doctor told me she'll be angry, sad, depressed, she will cry a lot the first months, think that all people pity for her, she will push everyone away. "

"How can we help?" Hammond asked.

"Doctor told me to give her all our love. She'll need it. " Everyone nodded in approval.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A week later

Daniel was walking towards Sam's room when he heard her yelling.

"Get the hell out of here !!! I don't ever want to see you again !!!!"

Daniel ran there and opened the door, only to find Sam sitting on her bed with a face he didn't quite recognize and Jack glued to the door from the other side. "What's going on here?" Daniel asked. "Danny!" she exclaimed, her mood changing in velocity of light, from angry one to happy one. Her eyes sparkled and a huge smile appeared on her face. Now this was the most odd thing he's ever seen. "Please, tell him to leave. " she shot a dirty look towards Jack, who was still glued by the door. He was looking like he was scared of her. "Jack, wait for me outside, 'k?" He only nodded, still in shock.

"Sam, what are you doing?" Danny asked her as he sat on the edge of the bed. "I don't ever want to see him again. "she said with an insulted look on her face, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "C'mon, he's your friend, just like me. . . . " "No. " she cut him off and he stared at her, completely surprised by her response. "Why don't you want to see him again?" Danny asked carefully. "Because he caused this. " she pointed her finger on her motionless legs. Danny only gaped at her. "You can't be serious. Tell me this is just a bad joke. " but she only shook her head in disapproval. "Sam, my Gosh! This is Jack, we're talking about! How can you blame him for what happened to you?"

"I just can. I don't want to talk about it right now. " "Fine!" Danny exclaimed, disappointed with his friend. Someone knocked on the door and a Officer Grey appeared.

"Major Carter, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I have some news for you and I didn't want to talk about it earlier. " "Come in, Officer. " she said kindly. "Can Daniel stay here?" "No problem with it ma'am. "

"We did some blood tests, to you and that truck driver. We found out that he had in his blood 2 per mille of alcohol. " Daniel and Sam both gasped. "We just need your testimony on what happened down there. You think you're ready for this?" "Yeah. Let's do it. " Sam said a bit hesitantly. The Officer pulled a dictaphone and pushed Record button. "Major Carter, would you please tell us what happened on the Clarksville street a week ago?" "Well. . . I was on my way to Colonel O'Neill's house, about three blocks from his house and suddenly the truck appeared in my lane, driving easily 100 miles per hour. I tried to get out of the way but I was driving quite slow compared with the truck. So we collided and here I am, confined to bed. " she talked slowly, sadness overtaking her voice. Danny was surprised that she actually drove to Jack that fatal night and was wondering why. His thoughts were interrupted by Officer Gray, turning off the dictaphone, thanking Sam and walking out of the door.

"Major Carter?" a familiar voice asked from the doorway. Both Sam and Danny turned their heads only to find Teal'c standing there. "Teal'c!" she smiled that huge smile she used for Danny. Teal'c walked over to her bed and gave her a hug. "I hope you are feeling better, Major Carter. " "Indeed, Teal'c, now you are here. " "I will leave you two, got some work to do. " Danny said to no one in particular. Sam was happily listening to Teal'c.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Daniel walked through the door back to the hallway, he saw Jack sitting on one of the chair, his head buried in his hands. He looked up at him. "Daniel?" "Hmm?" "Why. . why does she act like this?" "I don't know if I should tell you Jack. You won't like it. " "Tell me Daniel, please. What could be worse than. . . ?" "She's blaming you for what happened to her. " Jack stopped dead in tracks and was looking like he was about to faint. "She WHAT?" "I tried to convince her, but nothing worked. " "Okay, and what did the Officer say?" "Well, they found out that the truck driver has 2 per mille of alcohol in his blood. " "WHAT?" Jack exclaimed. "So this bastard has caused Sam to hate me?" "No, don't think like that. Sam had to testify about what had happened down there. " "And?" "Jack, she was on the way to your house. " 'Now he really looked like he was about to faint' , Daniel thought. The color drained from Jack's face. "Are you alright Jack?" "No. " he whispered. Danny led him to the chair and Jack slumped down. Danny sat next to him. "Why?" was all Jack could ask. "I didn't have the opportunity to talk about it with her. But I think she's already mad at me for bringing this up, so she might not want to talk with me. " "We should entrust Teal'c with it. " "Okay, I fill him in later. Try to hold on and don't blame yourself. " Jack nodded and went home to rest, but sleep wasn't coming that easily. Why did she drive to him that night? He finally fell asleep, the question haunting his dreams.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Next day

Danny explained everything to Teal'c. At first he refused to do that, but after all, Jack was his friend. Sam greeted him with a huge grin and a big hug. "Teal'c, what's wrong? Is something troubling you?" "One thing is troubling me Major Carter. " "Bring it on. " she smiled. "Why did you drive to O'Neill's house that night?" Sam solemnized and averted her eyes from his. "Teal'c. . . " "Major Carter, you can trust me, I'm your friend. You don't need to hide your feelings, remember the locker room?" "Oh yeah. " "Let me ask you something else. Why do you blame O'Neill for what happened to you?" "Teal'c, all these questions have the same answer. " "Then tell me, Major Carter. " "Because. . . . . I love him. " she confessed. "I do not understand. " "Look, this is one of the things I don't understand myself. But I'll try to explain. When I drove to him that night, I wanted to tell him that I loved him. I was tired of those years of denying, hiding and dancing around each other. I blame him and myself because. . . well, because he is who he is and that made me fall in love with him. You know, if he were somebody else, I wouldn't have fell in love with him and this would have never happened. " A single tear escaped her eye. She quickly brushed it away with her hand. "Don't be so sure, Major Carter. This is not neither his or yours fault. These things just happen. He is your friend, he stayed by your side all of the days until you threw him out. " They fell into a silence, Sam thinking about what Teal'c just said.

"Oh my Gosh! What have I done?! I feel like the worst scum on this planet. "

"Major Carter, you are not a scum. You are a human. Humans have feelings and humans are allowed to do mistakes. "

"Ya think?" she smiled softly.

"Indeed. " he smiled back and hugged her.

"Thank you, Teal'c. "

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Teal'c told Daniel everything Sam said to him and Daniel went to Jack's house and told him. He was shocked at first, but then the shock changed into happiness. Daniel didn't want to ask if he felt the same for Sam, so he left.

Week later in Sam's house

"Danny, where's Jack?" Sam asked. "You throw him out, remember?" Daniel behaved like nothing was said to him. That was their plan. "Uh, yeah. I'm so sorry. I have been acting like an asshole. Do you think he will come back?" "Don't think so. When I asked him, he said that he doesn't want to be the one yelled at again if he wasn't welcome. I think you should just invite him. " "Can you please take care of that? Tell him I want to talk to him. "

Jack's house, an hour later

"Jack?" "Yeah?" "Our Ms Carter requires your presence. She wants to talk to you. " "Really? That's great!" "Yeah, but act like you don't know anything. " "Ok. " Jack said, putting his jacket on and grabbing the keys from his car.

Sam's house

Jack knocked on the door 10 minutes later.

"Jacob! It's good to see you!" he said as Sam's father opened the door. "Likewise, Jack. " the elderly man smiled. "Uhm. . . Sam wanted to see me?" "Yep, son. Come on in. She's in her bedroom. First door on the left. " "Thank you, Jacob. " Jack walked to the door of Sam's room and knocked hesitantly. "Come in. " came the reply. Jack hesitantly opened the door and walked in. Sam was sitting on her bed, soft smile playing on her lips. "Hey. " she said, the smile never leaving her face. "Hi. " he replied, still hesitantly standing with his back towards the door. He averted looking into her eyes so he just kept scanning her bedroom with his eyes. "Jack, why don't you sit down here?" she patted the spot on the bed next to her. He gulped and mumbled: "Sure. " he obeyed and sit down on the bed next to her. "Jack, I don't bite. I won't yell at you again, don't worry. C'mere. "she spread her arms wide and Jack hugged her.

"I'm so sorry Jack. I'm stupid, I don't know why I blamed you for this. None of this is your fault. I feel like the worst scum on this planet for yelling that at you earlier. I apologize. "

"Shhh, it's okay. It must have been these mood swings doctor told me about. " "Will you ever forgive me?" she asked hopefully. "I already forgave you, Sam. " he said sincerely and she hugged him tightly.

"You wanna go outside? It's a beautiful day today. " Her face lit up and she grinned broadly. "Yeah, let's go!" she said eagerly and pulled the blanket off her legs. She stopped dead in tracks, realizing she can't walk. Jack saw all of this.

"Sam. . . " he started but as soon as she saw her crying, he pulled her carefully into his arms. "I forgot, Jack. I forgot!" she sobbed into his shoulder. "Shhh. . . it's going to be okay. We'll get over this. " "You promise?" she lifted her head to meet his eyes. "I promise. " he sighed as she hugged him again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weeks passed and nothing like that happened again. Sam was enjoying Jack's company, he was beside her all the time if she needed anything. And Jack was enjoying her company as well. They had lunch together, watched the TV and once or twice a week they invited their friends, Daniel, Janet, Teal'c and Jonas, to play table games or cards. After their friends left, Jack carried her to the bed, tucked her in and gave her a kiss on the forehead. But now she didn't let go of him.

"Jack, stay with me tonight. " "Uh. . . as in?" "Just hold me please. " she looked at him with puppy-dog eyes. How could he resist? So he laid down next to her and pulled her close. Soon, exhaustion overtook them and they fell into a peaceful slumber.

Next morning, Sam's birthday, 7:00

Sam slept peacefully when suddenly a movement on her bed has woken her up. "Jack, where are you going?" she asked groggily. "Don't worry, be right back. " "Mmmm. " she sighed and closed her eyes, once again falling into a blissful sleep.

Jack arrived 15 minutes later with quite small box. He went with it into her bedroom, finding Sam snoring slightly. He smiled to himself, set the box on the ground next to her bed and sat down on the bed. "Sammie. . . . " he whispered slightly just right above her ear. She waggled slightly but didn't wake up. "Sammie. . . . "he repeated. "Time to wake up. I've got something for you. " She opened her eyes and smiled. "And what would that be, Flyboy?" he grinned and helped her sit up. "Your birthday present. " "You remembered?" she squealed and Jack chuckled. "Yup. Open it. " he lifted the box and put it on the bed. She obeyed and put her hand to the box. When she felt something soft she reached down with both hands and pulled up a small puppy of English gold cocker spaniel. "Oh my Goodness!!!! " she breathed as she cuddled the small puppy. "He's so cute! What's his name?" "It's up to you, Sam. " Jack smiled. "I will call him. . . " she bit her tongue when she was thinking about the name. "Jack. " she smiled at Jack. "Oh, for cryin' out loud, Sam !" he laughed. "Why not? He's cute. " "And that's why you'll call him Jack? Picture this: You yelling at this dog: "Jack, fetch that. "And what I'd be supposed to do? Fetch the dog or what?" "Okay, maybe this is not the brightest idea. I'll call him. . . Max. Happy? "Yes, very. " he grinned broadly. "Thank you, Jack. " "You're welcome. Happy birthday, Sam. " Jack smiled and kissed her on her lips. This has taken Sam by surprise. "Thank you. " she hugged him tightly. "Jack. . . I have something to tell you. " "Hm?" "I. . . I want to go to the specialist. " "Really? That's great!" she smiled brightly. They fell into a comfortable silence.

"You want to go to the park with Max?" Jack asked, scratching the puppy behind its ears. "That would be great!" she beamed at him. He picked her up and carried her to the wheelchair. He sat the puppy in her lap and wheeled her outside her house to a nearby park. Once they were there, Sam took the puppy from her lap and put him on the ground, holding the leash. Jack wheeled her slowly forward, each of them enjoying the warm and sunny weather. A laugh interrupted their thoughts and their looked at the grass where two teenagers, a boy and a girl, were chasing each other. The girl, probably around 18 years, ran away from the boy, laughing hysterically. The boy managed to catch her, encircle his arms around her waist and they fell down onto the grass, laughing and kissing in the process.

'Sweet. ' Jack smiled to himself but then noticed Sam's reaction. She had her eyes closed, tears streaming down her cheeks. Jack never thought this would affect her so much, but then he realized what made her cry-running. "Sam. . . " he kneeled in front of her. "Why did this happen to me? Why? What have I done?" Sam cried and Jack hugged her. "Don't, Sam. Don't torture yourself like this. " "But you don't understand. . . who would love me like this?" she asked desperately. "I do. " Jack said without thinking. Sam pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. "Jack. . . " "No, this time you will listen to *me*. " he ordered. "Since that first day when we met each other and teased each other, I can't get you out of my mind. What I'm trying to say here is. . . that I love you. " Tears sprung from her eyes as she listened to his heartfelt confession. "Oh, Jack, I love you too. " she smiled broadly at him, her eyes full of tears. Wiping them quickly away she added, smiling: "Must be those mood swings. " "Yeah, sure. " Jack laughed and brought his lips to hers and kissed her softly.

"Want to go on a dinner with me tonight and have some fun?" Jack offered, caressing her cheek tenderly. "I'd love to. " she smiled at him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

McMurphy's Bar

"Are you ready to go in?" Jack asked and Sam nodded. "Jack?" "Hmm?" "Why are the lights out?" she asked suspiciously. "Don't know, maybe a blackout. Here's the switch. " he said and turned the lights on.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" the crowd cheered. "Happy Birthday, Sammie. " Jack whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek. Sam was surprised that much that tears started to flow out of her eyes. "Sammy, happy birthday!" someone said and stepped in front of Sam. "Mark! Oh my Goodness, how did you get there?" "Well, the Colonel here called me and threatened me. " Mark motioned on Jack, grinning broadly. "I did not threaten to anybody!" Jack defended himself, also smiling. Sam looked up on him and smiled. "Thank you, Jack. " "You're welcome. "

Sam was dragged from Jack and her brother by the rest of the crowd, talking with her and giving her presents. Daniel kneeled to her and gave her a big hug. "Happy birthday, Sam. " "Daniel, what happened to you?" "You know, dad stupid allergy. . . " he sneezed. "Guess id's dad dime of de year. " Sam laughed. "Major Carter?" "Teal'c! It's good to see you again. " "Likewise, Major Carter. Happy birthday. " he said and handed her a gift. "Sam! Happy birthday!" Janet and her daughter Cassie chorused. "I wonder how many times I'll hear that tonight. " She smiled. "I've got some news for you, Sam. Well, Daniel and I. . . . " Janet grinned. "Janet, that's great!" Jack stepped to Sam's side. " Shouldn't you be taking care of his allergy?" "Oh yeah, see ya both later. " She winked at Sam and finally Sam and Jack were left alone. "Do you want to sit there?" Jack pointed on the large box with table near the platform. "We can sit there with Daniel, Janet, Teal'c and Jonas, if you'd like. " "I don't care, I'll sit wherever you'll sit. " Jack lifted her to the air and sat her down on the bench. "There. Better?" "Much. I won't get a kiss tonight?" she whined and pouted. "Sam, Hammond will be here any minute. And others may report us. What about the regs?" "Screw the regs, Jack. I don't care what will others or Hammond say. I'm not in active duty, remember?" she smiled. "Right. " he really didn't care about regs or Hammond, so he kissed her softly on the lips.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After unwrapping her presents, attention of all people was drawn by Daniel, standing on the platform and talking with his 'allergic' voice.

"I dink you all know why I am sdanding on dis pladform-yes, I'm going do sing. " a laugh errupted from the crowd. "Dis one is for my besd friend. " Sam looked at Jack and saw him smile softly. And then Daniel began to sing:

"Well he can't sleep at nighd
And he can't do what's righd
Id was all because she came into his life
id's a deep obsession, taking up his time She's all dad he wands, she's all dad he needs
She's everything he just won'd believe
Take away his doubt, turn him inside out
den she can see what he's been dying to say
but things don't always turn out dad way"

During the song, Jack found himself stifling a laugh. He looked at his companion who had the same problem, but she was covering her mouth with her hand. He looked around the room and found *everyone* stifling laughs as Danny-boy continued his 'allergic song'.

"And he must confess
All the impure thoughts of his beautiful dempdress
aldough he keeps id all bottled up inside
aldough he keeps id all safe within his mind, oh yeah

She's all dad he wands, she's all dad he needs
She's everything he just won'd believe
Take away his doubt, turn him inside out
den she can see what he's been dying to say
But things don't always turn out dad way"

Sam couldn't bear this torture anymore, not that Daniel couldn't sing, he could, but his allergy made his voice really funny. So she shifted slightly and laid her head on Jack's shoulder. He put his arm around her waist and his hand rested on her hip.

"So wipe dad smile off your face
Before id geds too lade
dere's only so much time
For you to make up your mind

She's all dad he wands, she's all dad he needs
She's everything he just won'd believe
Take away his doubt, turn him inside out
den she can see whad he's been dying to say
But things don't always turn out dad way"

Danny ended his song and the crowd applauded and laughed. "I wasn'd dad bad, was I?" he asked Teal'c after stepping out of the platform and sitting to their table. "Indeed. " Teal'c said, still calm but Sam swore she could see a small smile tug on his lips. "Indeed as in bad?" Daniel asked and the people around the table laughed. "No, not so bad, honey but you should really do something with the allergy. " Janet patted him on the back. "Well, you are da doctor. Do something aboud id. " Daniel sneezed. "Okay, come with me. "

"Honey?" Jack asked. "Yes, they got together last week. " Sam informed him. "Oh, what a great couple. " Sam elbowed him and smiled. "What?" Jack asked as he noticed that she was looking on the filled dance floor as one love song started to play. "I'm really sorry I can't dance. I never danced with you. " "We will, I promise. " Jack kissed the top of her head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3 weeks later

Sam and Jack has been going to the specialist for three weeks now and the doctor told Jack that Sam is doing a great job and soon she'll be standing on her legs again. Jack was very excited and on the next opportunity he went to the jewelry. He returned half an hour later to the medical gym where Sam was exercising with the orthopedist. As soon as he walked through the door, he was greeted by a yell from Sam.

"JACK! JACK! LOOK!" he raised his head to look at Sam and then his jaw hit the floor. She was standing on her legs with a support of crutches and was hobbling towards him. "Sammie! You can walk!" she smiled at him radiantly and stopped in front of him. He swept her in his arms, spinning her around, her crutches flying away from them. She squealed with delight, laughing hysterically. "Jack! Jack! Please stop! My crutches. . . " he stopped spinning her and looked around the gym. "Whoops. . . Sorry. " he grinned at her. He retrieved her crutches and they walked to his car. "Would you like to go on a dinner with me tonight? We have something to celebrate here. " Jack asked as they were seated in his car. "I'd love to, Jack. " she smiled at him. They drove in silence to Sam's house. He helped her from the vehicle and walked with her to her door. "I'll pick you up at 1900. " he smiled and kissed her lightly. "Mmm. . . okay. "

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1930

Jack picked Sam up and drove to his house. The soft music was playing on the background.

"Whoa! My love, my darling,
I hunger for your touch,
Alone. Lonely time.
And time goes by, so slowly,
And time can do so much,
Are you still mine?
I need your love.
I need your love.
God speed your love to me.

Lonely rivers flow to the sea, to the sea,
To the open arms of the sea.
Lonely rivers sigh, wait for me, wait for me,
I'll be coming home, wait for me.

Whoa! My love, my darling,
I hunger, hunger!, for your love,
For love. Lonely time.
And time goes by, so slowly,
And time can do so much,
Are you still mine?"

Sam gasped when she saw the dinning room-it was lit only by candles and on the table there were roses in the vase. "This is beautiful. " she breathed. Jack walked up to her from behind and wrapped her arms carefully around her, careful about those crutches. "*You* are beautiful. " he kissed her neck. She turned slowly, smiling. "I love you. " "I love you too. " They sat to the table and ate their meal. 'It's time for the dessert, Jack. ' Jack thought to himself. He kneeled down next to her chair and raised his head to meet her eyes. "Sammie, I was waiting so long for this moment and now it's finally happening. Will you make me the happiest man in the Universe and marry me?" Sam sat there speechless, tears streaming down her cheeks. Both of them were aware of the song that played in the background.

"I need your love.
I need your love.
God speed your love to me. "

She nodded, wiping her tears. "Yes. I will marry you, Jack. "

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
THE END



End Notes: Hope you enjoyed. Honest feedback is always welcomed.