samandjack.net

Story Notes: yuna_ezri@yahoo.com

SEASON: anything below season 3

ARCHIVE: SJA, Heliopolis, others only have to ask.

NOTES: This is just something I came up with the match some cover art I did a few nights ago...I hope you like :) Linz has already written a sequel to it and she said she'd post sometime tomorrow :)


Letters To You

**********




Dear Sam,

I can call you Sam can’t I? Carter or Major would probably be too formal for what I’m about to say.

Well, by now you’ve probably figured out that there is no way I’m gonna get out of this one. Apparently, I stepped on some sacred ground or something like that…I dunno. But whatever it was, the natives are really mad about it and I’m being executed tonight at sunset, although I’m not too sure how that works seeing as the 3 moons are just as bright as the sun.

I guess P3…whatsitsname isn’t as peaceful and idyllic as it looks. Ah well…I guess we should never judge a book by its cover…aw damn…there’s those cliches again.

You’re probably wondering how I got this paper (the natives call it paper, I’m not too sure yet) and then…pen? It looks sort of like a pen but it leaves this horrid black stuff all over my hands. Well…the natives have this big thing about last wishes and the such like so I asked for paper and pen (I tried asking for my life first but they said I couldn’t have that) It took a while to get across what I wanted, but I got there.

I’m probably rambling here and the paper is nearly gone so I’ll get to the whole point of this letter.

It’s got something to do with the whole "feelings" stuff. Ya know? The stuff we get court martialled for? Yeah…that stuff. Well…I’m not too good with words (whether I’m writing 'em or speaking 'em) so I’ll just go right out and say it.

Samantha Carter…I love you. I know you probably think this is a load of codswallop and the like…but I really mean it. I don’t know when I started loving you, hell…I don’t even know when I realised I love you, but I do know that I thought you could never feel the same way.

But I suppose this isn’t going to mean anything to you since I’m most likely going to be dead when you read this.

I have a whole box of letters like this to you. But I never got up the nerve to actually give them to you. Daniel knows where they are and I’ve told him to give them to you when I die, which is pretty soon. If you want to read them, they’re yours. If you want to chuck 'em out, I understand. Feel free to burn them.

Well…since I’m about out of paper, just a few last words:

Thank You. Thank you for showing me how to love again.

Jack




**********



End Notes: I hope you like and remember: feedback is the best way to show you loved (or hated) it :)

cya :) *~Becca~*

Visit my homepage: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/SG13