samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: breniah@hotmail.com

CATEGORY: S/J, D/J, humour (kinda)

ARCHIVE: SJA and Heliopolis please

FEEDBACK: yes please!


"You know what pisses me off? Men! The sheer fact that they can make or break your day is fucked up! You think being an intelligent, fun, not-so-ugly woman would save you from the disappointment that is men but no! It doesn't work that way!"

Janet looked up from her paperwork to stare cautiously at an indignant Sam. "You burst into my office to tell me that?"

At Sam's hostile glare she added, "I think I know what you mean."

"Of course you do," Sam exploded. "You're a woman!"

Janet closed the door to her office and pulled a bottle of red wine from under her desk. "For emergencies," she muttered saucily. She produced 2 wine glasses and they both sat down to a glass of red.

"Want to tell me what got you this time?" Janet asked.

"MEN!"

"That's it?"

"Isn't that enough?" Sam giggled.

At Janet's assenting nod she continued. "Honestly, what happens to women when they fall in love? Or in lust even? It makes monkeys out of us. Men make women messy and I don't like it."

"Sam, you sound like a petulant 4 year old. What happened to you today?"

"Jack! That's what happened! Seriously Janet, and it pains me to admit this but I try and plan my day so I maximise my chances of seeing him more when we aren't on missions. And when I don't see him, or he doesn't have time I get all disappointed and feel let down. I'm telling you, MEN SUCK!"

Janet grinned ruefully at that. "It is pathetic Sam, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't try and see Daniel as much as possible. I'm almost happy when he gets injured. How sick is that?"

Sam giggled again, "Very sick. But totally understandable. I mean do they have no fucking idea?"

"Evidently not."

Sam growled at this response. "I just wish I didn't wake up Monday morning, happy to be going to work all because I know I might see him! And he blew me off! Said he had `no time' and that the General wanted him."

"That's pretty reasonable."

"I know! That's what gets me! It's a reasonable excuse, I mean he has somewhere to be. But who fucking cares? I'm still disappointed by it. I know that its not that he doesn't want to spend time with me, I know that intellectually. But still my stomach plummets when he leaves."

"Know that one too. Mentally, you know the truth but emotionally all you want to do is hit them and tie them up so they can't go anywhere," Janet agreed.

The image of a tied up Jack rose in Sam's mind and she blushed at the imagery. Janet laughed at her friend and said, "I don't even want to know!"

"Like you've never imagined Daniel all tied up and helpless in the infirmary!" Sam scoffed.

It was Janet's turn to blush rosily. "Hmm," she said wickedly.

Sam laughed. "So what do we do?"

"I have no idea, none whatsoever!"

"Neither."

They sat in silence for a while drinking their wine slowly. Janet looked at Sam, who shrugged in response to the unspoken question.

"Well I'll try to make sure Daniel gets injured on the next mission," Sam offered.

"And I'll try and… and… I have no idea what I can do to Jack, but if I think of something I will do it."

"Back to work?"

"I guess. Lunch?"

"Sure, swing by my office later."

THE END



End Notes: Again, feedback makes my world pretty!