samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: thefreakieone@yahoo.com

Status: complete...but could possibly be open for a sequel...but not by me

Category: S/J all the way!

Season/Sequel Info: Takes place during the 4th season

Spoilers: Ones for Divide and Conquer

Archive: Anywhere and everywhere as long as my name and e-mail stays with it!


The air had a seasonal touch to it, lively and full of laughter. The whole SGC had turned out for the New Year’s party due to the fact that they hadn’t done a thing for Christmas and left that for personal family time. They were working with a skeleton staff because everyone wanted to be where the party was.

Major Carter had actually thought of the idea and recommended it to the General who had readily agreed because he thought the staff had proven very worthy over the past year and needed a time to celebrate with one another.

The party had started hours before the New Year was to be brought in so as to make sure everyone could ware their feat off by dancing with everyone of the other gender. Everyone had turned out and it just so happened that somehow the punch had become a little spiked. But if you call Telc’ returning to the punch bowl 16 times, then jumping on stage and singing Jingle Bells with an unnatural high pitched voice a little weird, then you’d have to be a little dense. Someone had mentioned that they had seen O’Neil wander to the punch bowl many a times but never returned with punch...

Carter had managed to slip in a dance with Telc’ before he had gone awl on the stage, and had proceeded to dance with Daniel 3 times now, but had kept her distance from the one person she actually wanted to dance with. She had made eye contact with him coming on 27 times the evening, but he hadn’t said much more than a ‘hello’ earlier in the day to her. The hour of midnight was drawing nearer and was only about 10 minutes or so away.

She thought she would ask The General for the dance that would bring in the New Year until she had felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see the face of O’Neil not more than 2 inches from hers. He stared her in the eye for a second with what seemed like radiant, burning eyes, and then swooped down to her ear and whispered to her, "Sam, would you wanna bring in the New Year with an old man who’s best dance is the funky chicken?"

She let out a snicker and accepted his greeting by nodding and he took hold of her hand just as the slow dance song came over the speakers. They moved to the outskirts of the huge crowd and leaned into each other’s embrace. She rested her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his hands around her waist. He enjoyed the feel of her since he normally couldn’t be this close to the women he secretly loved. This was actually the first song that they had ever danced to but he couldn’t make out any words and could barely hear the rhythm.

"Hey Sam?"

"Yeah?" she mumbled very incoherently.

"So what do you want for the New Year’s?"

"Well one thing I want is for that damn particle excelerator to fix itself so I’m not the one who has to rebuild it all over again."

"Oh, well, that’s a nice wish." They continued rocking to the beat when the announcer came on and said that there was only 2 minutes left until the New Year.

"Well whatda you want? I told you..."

The song had apparently came to a great climax because the song had cut off for a second when Jack whispered, "You."

She had taken in a short gasp of air but had been expecting something like this so she responded back coolly, "Hmm...I suppose I could cancel my last wish and then I’d second your wish cause I think I like that one better." But before Jack had a chance to respond, Sam had closed hand over Jack’s mouth and grabbed his hand leading him out of the room with people oblivious to what was happening.

He had many questions, but kept quiet even after she had removed her hand. She still had his hand in hers though and were running at a joggers pace down the empty corridors or the SGC. She rounded the last corner and came to be standing outside of a room. THE room. The room that meant so much, but hurt like a great pain. The room that contained within it all their love and passion that wasn’t allowed out, that wasn’t allowed to be expressed.

She turned the knob slowly and shoved the door open. Jack followed behind her and as soon as he had both feet in the door, swung around and pushed Sam into the door making it shut and leaning into her. Their noses touched ever so slightly at the tips and were both breathing heavy after their gallop through the hallways.

Jack leaned the rest of the way in and smashed his lips hard against Sam’s. The kiss was passionate, everything this room had come to stand for. Jack tried to deepen the kiss, but Sam pushed away some until he let up. "Let’s open the room." And with that, plunged back in for more of the one she loved.




The End.