samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: keldred@telstra.easymail.com.au

Status: Finished

Archive: Heliopolis, no, I'll send link info later; Sam and Jack, yes.

Season/Sequel Info: Inspired by Tiffany's "My Arms Are Open"

Spoilers: None


When you have been in the Airforce as long as I have you begin to realize that the regulations - the rules I swore to uphold - aren't all they're cracked up to be. It's not that I haven't tried to obey the regs - because I have. In fact, I think I've done a darn good job of it. And it's not that the regs aren't right in most cases, either - because they are. Favoritism, jealousy... lethal to group moral, and the reason the regs on Fraternization were written in the first place. But Major Sam Carter and Colonel Jack O'Neill do not fit into 'most cases', and to assume that they do would only insult their professionalism, their integrity, and their devotion to our way of life. They are both fine, upstanding officers. They have saved their team mates - their *friends* - and their planet time and time again. And because of the very nature of this project they will never receive the recognition they so greatly deserve. So when I saw them walk out of this complex together, hand in hand, fingers entwined, and then jump into their respective vehicles and tear out of the car park, one after another, I didn't open up my diary and immediately schedule their court marshals. Nor did I drag them into my office first thing in the morning and ream them over their 'unprofessional' behavior. Instead I picked up the phone and called in a long-standing favor from the only man with power enough to push aside the regulations. It's not something I'd do for all of the people working here under my command - although there is one other couple I'd pick up that phone for. But Sam and Jack deserve at least this much from this country.




~~

The End.