samandjack.net

Story Notes: Archive: SJA- yes, and it will be archived at Heliopolis too

Author's Note: Feedback please


SOMETHING TO GIVE




******************************
A million stars light This beautiful night
******************************




Sam shifted a bit, and the sharp pain in her chest made her fully awaken. Her senses began to work again as she took in the coldness of the ground beneath her. She felt the wind ever so cutting over her face. It was so cold, that her eyes were already filled with tears. Then she looked up, and sighed. This was a beautiful night, with all the stars glistening above in the black velvet of the night sky over P5A-656.




******************************
This is not a night die
******************************




In the next moment she realized, that she was alone. She will die here alone. On this godforsaken planet, that doesn't even own a name. No, this could be only a nightmare. She had got nightmares about her dead before. She was always alone then. Without her friends, without her Dad, without her love. But again the night was never so beautiful before in her dreams. This wasn't a night to die.




******************************
Let me sing and dance Beneath the sky
******************************




She closed her eyes again and let the thoughts fill her mind. She wanted to remember. She wanted to die with the memories still vivid. Soon she was floating around the stars, like she were waltzing across the universe. She arrived at the SGC only moments later. The people were so real, that she could barely hold herself back to touch them. But she wanted to be not dissapointed, she knew, that they would only fade away. General Hammond and Daniel were standing in front of the Stargate, their gazes on the Gate, like they were mesmerized. Sam floated out of the gate-room, she went up into the control room. Lt. Simmons sat there in front of the monitor, and his eyes were filled with unshed tears. Sam continued her way and suddenly found herself on Level 23. She saw Janet stepping out of a room, and disappearing in an another. She was crying. She entered the room, Janet just has left, and stood still for a moment. Jack was lying there, unconscious. Sam touched his cheek, but he didn't show any reaction. She beagan to sing an old lullaby, a childhood memory.




******************************
I have such love to give To give! I want a chance to live
******************************




* Jack, I love you* she whispered, and Jack stirred a bit. * Jack, please, don't give up! I need you! Please, come back for me! I'm so afraid alone, I want you here. Please, Jack, I want to live! I want to love! Please, come back for me!* Jack stirred again and woke up. For a moment he saw Sam, and she was radiating. Her eyes were sad, her beautiful, crystal blue eyes were filled with tears and fear. * I don't want you to cry, sweetheart* Sam could read his thoughts. * Please, Jack, come back for me! Please! I love you* with this her voice got weaker, and her vision fainted. Jack cried out: NOOOOOOO!!!




******************************
Live For the one I love
******************************



Her body was engulfed in a white glowing energy field.




******************************
Love As no one has loved
******************************




She felt herself so light, as she ascended.




******************************
Give Asking nothing in return
******************************




Her heartache melt away, and a tranquillizing peace filled her heart.




******************************




Sam looked around and found herself on a green meadow. There was a little pond not far away from where she stood. She looked down and saw, that she was wearing a beautiful ivory gown. As she looked up again, she saw a woman approaching her. Her face looked familiar. "Sam" she came closer, and hugged Sam tight. " Mom?" she asked unsurely. " Yes, honey."

"Where are we?"

"This is your idea of Heaven, Sam. Before stepping in, everybody has to come here. This place is always looking like the idea of the certain person."

"Heaven looks not like this?"

"Heaven is different, Sam. We are only before the Gate of Heaven. Although I have never seen the Gate in this shape." Sam looked up and saw the Stargate. It was radiating white and the wormhole was engaged. " You are escorting me through the Gate, Mom?"

"I don't know yet, honey. First we have to test you."

"If I'm worthy?"

"You are worthy, Sam, you couldn't be here, if you wouldn't. Please, come with me" she took Sam's hand, and led her to the little pond. Sam looked down, and knew, that this wasn't an usual pond. She couldn't see herself in it. " What is your greatest wish, Sam? Please, think about it, and touch the surface." Sam closed hr eyes, and touched the surface. A picture appeared, and every little detail could be perfectly seen. " Oh Sam" her mother sighed, and Sam opened her eyes. They were there. Her friends, her Dad, her love. All of them. " Who are they?" her mother asked quietly. " My friends, Mom" she said, crying silently. " Tell me the names, Sam!"

"Daniel, Janet, Cassie, Teal'c, Drey'auc, Rya'c. Bra'tac, General Hammond. Dad" she whispered, and forced back the tears. " And who are those children?" her mother pointed towards three little girls. " She must be Janet's and Daniel's" Sam pointed at the little girl with the blue eyes, and tan face. She was beautiful, just like her mother. Sam's mother nodded in agreement. " She is Teal'c's and Drey'auc's." Another nod fo agreement came. " And she is...She is Jack's. She has got his eyes."

"Sam, you don't belong here" her mother stated. " We had to test that. You are going back."

"But, Mom! I thought, that I was already dead."

"Not quite. Sam, your greatest wish was, that your friends were happy. They could be without you. But he" she pointed at Jack. "But he needs you, more than anything or anybody on the world."

"He will have got that little girl. She will make him happy."

"For that he will need you. The girl is from you, Sammy. He would never want anyone else to be the mother of his child. You have to give him that little girl, before he could be happy with her."

"And I will die, after I will have given birth to our daughter?"

"How could I know that, Sam? Your destiny changes with every step you make."

"I must go back."

"Yes, Sam" her mother nodded, and she could feel the warmth of her love.




******************************
Free Free to find my way Free to have my say Free to see the day Be Like I used to be Like a wild bird free With all of life in me
******************************




She descended and on her way she still saw the Stargate for a long time. The wormhole was disengaged, but the Gate was still radiating, because her mother stand in front of her. Her halo made it glow. Sam looked down and saw the surface of P5A-656. She slowly took her place in her body again.




******************************
Live For the one I love Love As no one has loved Give Asking nothing in return
******************************




" SAM!" She opened her eyes and her glance met Jack's. His eyes were filled with tears. " God, Sam!" he hugged her carefully. " I thought, I have lost you."

"Hurting" she whispred. " Where?" came Janet's face into view. " All over" she could barely speak, it caused her so much pain in her chest. " Cold." Jack got out of his coat, and place it over Sam's body. Soon Teal'c's and Daniel's coat was placed over her, too. " Sam?"

"Yes?"

"Don't leave me" came the fearful reply. " I have something to give you, till that I'm staying."

"Good" Jack nodded, reassured. He saw as Teal'c lifted up her body, and before Sam fainted, she could hear Jack warning Teal'c to be careful with her. " Of course, O'Neill" Teal'c nodded solemnly.




Thirteen years later




******************************
Though the world tears us apart We're still together is my heart I want the world to hear my cry And even if I have to die Love will not die Love will change the world
******************************




" SG-1 code, sir!"

"Coming, Sergeant!" Jack hurried down into the gate room. Cpt. Bridges came throught first. She stumbled down the ramp and at the foot she fainted. The med team was already there to help her. Then came Lt.Templeton, as he saw his teammate, he hurried down to her. Jack saw his upper arm was almost in pieces. His heart sank, and a knot was forming in his stomach. His gaze remained at the Gate, and soon Teal'c stepped through, with Sam in his arms. " Sam!" he cried, and then shouted after Janet. " I'm here" came the calm voice of the Doctor. " Sam, can you hear me?"

"Crystal clear" she said, and then flashed a smile at Jack. "Hi!"

"Hi!" he whispered. " Teal'c, please, bring her into the infirmary" Janet ordered the Jaffa. " Of course, Dr Fraiser-Jackson."




**************************************
Live For the one I love Love As no one has loved Give Asking nothing in return I'll love until love wears me away I'll die and I know my love will stay And I know my love will stay
**************************************




In the infirmary Jack stood next to Janet, as she examined Sam. "What's wrong with her?" she asked her. But Sam replied. " I have already gave you that something. My time has come, Jack."

"NOOO!! Janet, please, do something!"

"My love will stay with you. Both of them. I love you, Jack."

"SAAAAAAM!!!!" his cry could be heard all over the Base.

A girl of the age of twelve stood in the kitchen and her chocolate brown eyes full of confidence. She placed back her blonde hair behind her ears, and bent down to see into the oven. She nodded, "yes, they are ready". She pulled out the cookies and carefully placed them on the kitchen desk. She took a broad knife, and after loosening the cookies, she placed them on a big plate. Someone stepped into the house. She ran out of the kitchen with a broad smile on her face. " Dad?" she asked him unsurely. " Where is Mom?" she asked fearfully. " Meagan" he came closer, and pulled her into a hug. " NOOO!! Noo!" she cried. " This is not rue! Not true, not true!"

"Honey" her Dad hugged her even tighter and she knew how much he needed her. Her pain can wait, her Dad is going through hell right in front of her eyes. And her mother made her promise to always take good care of her father. " Dad" she forced him to look into her eyes. " Dad." Jack looked up and saw into those familiar eyes. His heart was broken, but he still had got Sam's love in his arms. " Where is Dani?"

"In the garden with Cass and Rose."

"Please, call her in." Meagan nodded, and went out into the garden. She spoke with Cass first, then led her little sister into the house. " Daddy" she ran into the arms of her father, and her crystal blue eyes were filled with love. " Honey" Jack lifted her up, and looked her into the eyes. There was Sam's love again. She gave him so much, he could only hope, that he was able to give her the happiness she deserved. * Of course, you did* Sam looked down and then took her mother's hand and they walked through the Stargate.




THE END



End Notes: (c) Lt.Colonel Joanna O'Neill SG-6 - Search/Rescue