samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: Praise will light my life, constructive criticism will light the dark, and flames will light my best friends’ squares. Authors Notes: This one wasn’t supposed to take so long to come out, but I’ve been extremely busy.

Dedication: To the insanity that calls itself my best friends.

Season/Sequel: Future Story, sequel to “It’s Time, and “Time to Move On.”


I remember what it was like before. I remember all the flirting, longing glances, and all the simple touches that meant more than they seemed. That was pre-wedding. Six months ago. Then I remember what it has been like since that day. The flirting is still there, just an a lower level, many more longing glances, and an unthinkable amount of touches that mean so much more than anyone could possibly imagine. To anyone outside the SGC this would seem strange behavior from a married woman and her C.O. They would probably think that they are having an affair, they might even go so far as calling her a whore. Yet, those of us who knew them pre-wedding know they’re not. If they were having an affair all the glances and touches would stop. Besides, the SGC members remember that this is who they are. This is all they can have now, so they settle for it. Come to think about it, this is all they ever could have. I do know however that if something *misfortunate* were to happen to Aaron it would not be like this for long. I can still remember the day that Jack confesses what a spineless coward he is to me and Teal’c. It was about two months after Sam’s wedding, and he got well and truly drunk as soon as she set foot out of the house to go back to him. Before the wedding she would have spent the night along with us, but she couldn’t anymore. Jack told Teal’c and I what Selmac had done. I don’t think Jack is a spineless coward. Jack’s heart is just afraid of being broken again. He was so afraid that he’d lose Sam if he told her, so he couldn’t do it. His heart has become reserved to the fact that he can’t have her, and because of this he had been willing to have her as just a friend. He would have had her friendship rather than nothing at all because of a stupid mistake. So, six months ago Sam got married to Aaron, three months ago Jacob came to me asking if either of them had moved on yet, and about a month in a half ago Sam did something to upset our system. She spent the night at Jack’s house with us after one of our poker nights. She’s stayed for every one since. We had a delicate balance before that night, but by staying she made it even more fragile. Their flirting and touches have escalated to full-scale once again. There’s a tension in the air that even the SGC grapevine won’t touch. Something is going to happen to completely disrupt our little balance, and it’s going to happen soon. I don’t know if it will make a change for the better or the worse, but I do know that things will never be quite the same ever again. I remember what it was like then, and one day I will probably remember what it is like now, but the question is: What will it be like then?

THE END



End Notes: So what did everyone think?