samandjack.net

Story Notes: SPOILERS: a slight mention of 100days., nothing to big. NOTES: ok, a bit angst, but I was cleaning out my hard drive and I thought why not send it? If you hate it, please inform me, I'd like to know what I did wrong!


"Looks just like home, Campers jocked as SG-1 stepped through the gate and entered a burned down mirror image of thier base. "When the cats away, the mice will play."

Sam rolled her eyes and stepped down the gate. "The MA.L.P showed no sighs on life. " Sam reported. "So there shouldn't be any more Gould's lurking around, but then again, we can't just assume that this was a Goul'd attack...there are no bodies." She pointed out.

Teal'c nodded but studied the walls around them. "Those seem to be staff blasts." He said mentioning to the walls.

Daniel shrugged and kicked at a brunt piece of a M15. "But then again this is an alternate reality, It could of been yours."

Jack shook his head. "I still can't believe you talked Hammond into letting us explore the mirror. What you put in his drink?" Jack asked jokingly, feeling goosebumps on his skin as he picked his way through the base.

Daniel shrugged. "What can I say, I am a man of many talents."

"Well what ever you put in his drink don't let Sam get a hold of it," Jack warned. "Because as it is she has way too much power over me."

Sam smiled coyly from the other side of the room and gave him a look to suggest that she was going to use that certain power over him when they got home that night. He grinned thinking of the night they had last night.

"Jack.....earth to Jack." Daniel called seeing the goofy smile on Jack's face and shook his head. "Can you two pull your minds out of the gutter for one moment?" Daniel joked.

Jack went red, making Sam laugh as she walked through a door on her left. " I'm going to cheak out this room and see if there are any sighs of what could of happened." Sam told them as she entered what looked like the generals office.

Jack nodded. "Ok, I'll cheak down further, Daniel, Teal'c you take 26 and 28. I want you all to report back in half an hour." Jack turned to Daniel sternly. "That includes you Daniel."

Daniel rolled his eyes and went about leaving for level 26.



===================================================



Sam had spent a good 20 minute searching through file cabinets and old papers when she came across a big Woden box. Opening it, she peered inside curiously, when she found a red leather oak journal and she yanked it out.

Some of the pages where browning and fraying at the edges, but the black running writing was still easy to read. As she read it, her heart began to tighten as the General recorded every even or life threatning thing SG-1 had ever been through. Sam smiled as she read through the pages until she came to the final three, and as she read them, tears formed in her eyes...........



=PERSONAL CASE REPORT OF SG-1 -GENERAL.G.HAMMOND.=



~JACKS EVENTS:



I walk down the hall and head towards Carters lab, intent on finding her, but as I approach the door I hesitate when I hear nothing but silence.

"Carter?" The sound of a gasp alerts me to someone presence and I whirl around looking for the source of the sound. Glancing around the lab I notice a shattered glass of water laying on the floor, and I carefully side step it, making my way past the huge table.

The sound of short gasps are heard in the far corner and I make my way towards it, wondering who or what is in Carters office, and where in the world could she be.

"Major?" I utter confused as I see my 21C laying curled in the dark corner wedged between a filing cabinet and the wall. "What's wrong?" I asked concerned as red blood shot eyes glare up at me.

She retreats slightly and backs further up against the wall. I bend down until I am level with her face and I watch as she hugs her arm to herself. "I'm fine, just leave me alone, please." She says softly.

I am at a loss for words. Who is this fragile woman before me, cowering in the corner of her office, her eyes red and her face pale. Her eyes are a pale color too, but seem distant and empty.

"Carter...." I start, but before I can say much more she suddenly lurches at me and pushes me backwards, jumping up from the floor and running towards the door. "Carter!" I yell from the ground.

Carter glances at me briefly before she fled down the hallway, I can hear airmen protest as she pushes past me. Climbing back up from the floor I wipe my hands on my jacket when I feel something wet dampen my fingers. Looking down I open my mouth in a startled 'oh' as I see my chest darkened with blood. I turn back towards Sams door and then glance at the broken glass. An abandoned shard of glass, splattered with glass lays on the desk and I flee towards the door, hoping to catch her. I don't know what's going on, but I am about to find out.



~ TEAL'CS EVENTS:



On my years on Earth I have discovered 2 things about the Tauri. One, they have a need to feel loved and second their need to inflict themselves and others with pain. These two things collided together as I see Major Carter push Graham Simmons to the side as she runs down the hall, clutching a bleeding wrist to her chest, while tears trickled down her face.

I for one have never seen Major Carter cry to see her like this is rather a shock to my system and I wonder curiously if it really was her or a look alike. There is a slam of the door and I automatically rise from my seat and head towards the direction Major Carter fled.

It is not hard to find her as I find the shocked airmen she has left in her wake. I finally make my way towards an elevator and blood stains the 'up' sign and I press the button, waiting paciently for the elevator to arrive.

The elevator arrives and I step inside, nodding at Lt. Anderson a friendly young woman who seems to have a curioustity for my tattoo. I find the glazed over look of curioustity on her face amusing, and I nod polietly as she tells me she saw Major Carter get out at sleeping quater's.

"Leave me alone!" Comes the responce as I knock softly on her door. I raise an eyebrow, considering whether to obey her or to go inside. upon no responce I open the door a crack, not wanting to upset the major further, but burning with curioustity for her wellfare.

"Major Carter, it is I. Teal'c. " I start carefully. "May I have your permission to come in?" I asked polietly.

I recieve a sigh and I hear her mutter. "What does it matter?" I open the door and the sudden darkness that offends my eyesight takes me a few minuets to adjust to. I close the door behind me and by the time I shut the door my eyes can now make out defined features of her room.

"Are you alright?" I ask slowly, seeing her lying on her bed curled in a feudal position. She nods, but I hear the muffled sob in the pillow and I notice that a tissue is wrapped around her thin wrists. "Would you like me to get Dr. Frasier to assist you with your wound?"

"No!" She shouts and sits up to face me. I am startled only slightly, but do not show it. "Please, Teal'c. I just don't want to see anyone right now. There's not much Janet can do anyway." She says, and I feel saddened at the sadness in her voice. It is so thin and I catch myself wondering again if it is the same woman I am so used to seeing day after day.

"But you are hurt, I would not like to see you sick in any way." I point out, offering my handkerchief to her. She sniffs and there is a hint of a smile on her face as she shakily takes it from me. This is when I study the wound and see it's jaggerd edges, noting that it is self inflicted.

"Your sweet Teal'c, you know that." She replies softly, though her voice does not sound as sad as it was before.

"Would you like me to leave?" I say to her, and give her room to decide whether my presence is needed. I would like to think she would talk to me after all the years I have spent for her. I sometimes like to think that I could help, but often I feel like it is not my place or I get worried that I will only cause further pain, so I stick to what I know and that is defending the weak.

"No, you can stay." Her voice is slow and careful and she watches me curiously as I sit on a small chair beside a clean desk. She is certainly diffrent from Daniel Jackson or Colonel O'Neill.

"Daniel Jackson once told me that sometimes it helps to talk things out. Perhaps you might also find some truth in these words?" I offer, sitting straight and devoting my attention to her, my eyes never leaving her face.

She hesitate for a moment, before she closes her eyes and more tears escape her eyes. "I can't do anything right, can I?" She mutters and i feel something move in my heart that I haven't felt in years. Perhaps it is true what they say, that when a man leaves for war, he leaves his heart at home. I would like to think that I kept mine the whole time, just hid it until the time was right. Perhaps now is the time.

"That is not correct. I believe if there was anything that you couldn't do, that It was not worth anything." I try, perhaps not the best words, but it was the truth.

Sam lowers her head and I am worried that I have said the wrong thing, perhaps I should keep my mouth shut. "Thankyou Teal'c, but unfortunately your wrong."

"I am?"

Her shoulders begin to shake and I move from my chair and awkwardly try to hug her. She beings to sob into my shoulder and I try to rub her back soothingly. My large hands seemingly larger than life compared to her small frame. Her sobs begin to subside and I decided to make a large leap. "Is Colonel O'Neill responsible for your pain?"

Tears seem to come back with avengence and I feel her sag into a puddle in my arms. My eyes darken and I feel the Simbiot inside me harden. O'Neill is my friend, but the past month has made me doubtful and I consider Major Carter to be like my own sister, one that needs to be projected from men that will destroy her.

I rest my head on hers as I remember the face of my own sister. She was young and so pretty, a wasted death as a system lord killed her out of spite. That fateful day I took a path which lead me to where I am today, a warrior with a red painted past, and a life now dedicated for undoing the mistakes I made.

"Shall I hurt him serverly?" I offer, trying to gain a reaction out of her. She responds with a small thump to my chest and I let her go and she sit-up up. "Did he say something else to upset you?"

Sam shook her head and I am worried that perhaps I may have to kill him as a bitter looks twists her face. " I've known him long enough to know not to listen to his words." Carter replies bitterly and she begins examine her wrist. "I'm such an idiot."

I look at her questioningly and she waves away my hand. "Perhaps the idiot is, O'Neill." I tell her and I see a tug at her lips.

"No Teal'c. It was just as much my fault as his. I should of stop him, I should of said no. I should of been careful." She say and as she speaks I am filled with confusion and an irritating burn of curioustity.

"I do not understand."

"Teal'c it was awful. I'm awful." Carter whimpered as she rubbed her eyes. "I don't know why I bother crying, It's not going to solve anything. What's done is done." She looks up and she can tell that I still have no clue as to what shes getting at. "I slept with him Teal'c and I don't think he even remembers."

I see the disapointment in herself in her eyes and my fist automatically tighten. "How could he not remember something as important as that? Have you not spoken to him about it?" This can not be. I always wondered about the two and some involvement and under better circumstances I would be happy for them, but for him not to remember, and after all that has just happened......

"We were drunk. It was over quickly and he fell asleep, I left and he hasn't spoken to me since. I don't think he remembers because the next day we where on endora....."

"And he was stranded." I finish for her. My jaw hardens until I fell my gums protest in pain. How could such a man, how could any man, be as gutless and as ruthless to do this to her? and to her of all people. One of the most brightest, fun, caring woman I've known, lost all she had ever built for herself in one act of passion.

"That's s not all Teal'C. " I turn to study her as tears form again and it takes several moments for her to regain some control again. " I was pregnancy while we was gone. That's why I was sick all the time, but..... but........"Her shoulders shook and I felt my heart shatter as she spoke her next sentence. "I lost it. I didn't take care of it and when I found out this morning, I didn't know what to do. Teal'C, what have I done? Why didn't I look after it? Why did I even sleep with him in the first place? How could I have ever been so stupid?"

"Shhhhh." I wrap her in a hug as she begins to shake again and I felt the impact of her pain as she sobs endlessly into my chest.

"I can't do this anymore Teal'C. I'm sick of it all, I just want it to all go away. All of it. Go away." She sob into my chest and I begin to rock her back and forth. Tears threaten in my own eyes and I feel all the bottled emotions I ever had hit me like a release and I cry with her. I cry for everyone I ever killed, I cry for her pain, I cry for my own wife, I cry for her lost child, I cry for no reason except that I can.

"I wont let anything happen to you." I promise and hold her tighter to me, wanting to take all her pain away and wanting to bring back the baby that she lost.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Light filters into the room and I blink at the figure bathed in blinding white light. O'Neill's features come into focus and I automatically hold Carter tighter.

"Carter?" He asks sternly and suddenly I am angry, He has no right to an explanation, he has not right to anything except pain.

"Get out!" I growl and I feel Carter jump slightly, scared at the tone in my voice. My lips curls into a snarl and I see the fear rise in O'Neill's eyes, before submerging into anger.

"Fine." He replies glancing at Carter and frowning, before pivoting on his heel and slamming the door shut with such a force that a picture frame of cassie fall over.

It is silent for a moment and I hear her whimper. "What am I going to do?"



~~~~~~~



~DANIELS EVENTS:



Well today was an interesting one I might add. It started off like a normal day for me. I get up from a light sleep and go to base, having a morning chat with Janet, before heading off to Sam's lab to check on her. On my way I drop into see Jack and have a quick talk about up coming missions, were due to head out to the Tollan home world, something about a treaty.

Jack was in his usual mood, grumpy, unhappy, mopping. So I went to Sam next, but all I found was an empty lab and went in search for her. I was just leaving from speaking to Teal'c when I was on my way to cafeteria when Sam came running down the hall, looking like she had hell on her heals. I called out to her but she kept running. Knowing Sam was most likely running late for a meeting I kept on walking and never thought the better of it until Jack almost attacked me, asking if I had seen Sam. I told him I'd just seen her and he ran off, him too running franticly.

And I thought everyone was just having one of those days.

The day got more interesting, I thought as I saw Teal'C cross the room towards me. SG-1 was due for their debriefing in five minuets, and so far everyone but Sam had arrived.

"Hey Jack." I say as Jack stalks towards him. "Where's Sam, did you find her?" I ask innocently, looking startled as Teal'C stood beside me also.

"Yeah, I found her." He growled angrily. I flashed a look to him, wondering why he sounded so angry. In fact judging by the glowing look in his eye I began wondering *who* he was mad at. "I also found some one else."

"Oh, well did you remind her about our debriefing?" Jack leveled his gaze and I realised he was looking at Teal'C, who in turn shared the gaze. "What's going on? Is this some sort of a game you to are playing?" I ask as they contiued to glare at one another. I look up as the General enters the room and I am glad for the distraction as It became heated in the room.

"Where's Major Carter, Colonel?" The General asked as he seats himself at the head of the table.

"Why don't you ask Teal'C here?"Jack spat venomously.

The General rose his eyebrows confused and turned to Teal'C with a look that read he didn't understand. "Teal'C?" The General asked hopefully.

"Major Carter was not feeling well, she is resting in her quater's." Teal'C supplied, not taking his eyes off Jack.

"Oh-" The General started to say, but Jack interupted him.

"Is that the excuse you two cooked up?" Jack replied bitterly. I glanced at all of them worriedly. Just what was going on? What was Jacks problem he was having some side effects from Endora.

"If you believe to read more into what you saw than that is your problem. I do not need to deal with such petty jealousy." Everybody in the room froze as they stared at Jack, then slowly at Teal'C, who as always remained emotionless.

"Oh, your all tough talk aren't you? Your snake tell you to say that?" Jack spat, standing up from his chair.

"Colonel O'Neill!" The General stepped in, having enough of the war zone death stares between the two. "What is going on?"

"Why don't you ask Teal'C, Sir.He seems good at *talking* since he such a hot shot." Jack replied, his eyes darkening a shade as Teal'C egnored him and looked past him.

"No, I asked you. Now tell me Colonel, what the hell is going on?" The General replied angrily.

"What's going on here, is Teal'C and him butting into things that he has no business to." Jack told him, looking rather angrily as the General, and scarring Daniel, who coward in his seat as he backed away from Teal'C.

"It is not my fault you think you own everything with your macho attitude." Teal'C replied shocking everyone in the room as he spoke out of his normally slow Monotone. "Men like you are not worthy of the things they desire and men as childish as you deserve nothing but to be treated like a child."

"Teal'C, just what-"

"I'm sorry I am late, Sirs." Daniel looked up as Sam breezed into the room. Her eyes where swollen and she looked tired as she slid into her normal seat beside Jack. Then General nodded.

"Teal'C, told us you where not feeling your best. Are you sure you are alright?" The General asked concerned for her.

"Fine Sir. Thankyou for your concern." Sam egnored Jacks snort and looked down at her hands as everyone's eyes fell on her.

"So Major, what happened to your arm?" Jack asked harshly, egnoring the questioning looks from everyone else. Sam yanked her hand from the table as if she'd been burnt and hide in under the table.

"Nothing." SHe stuttered nervously. "I had an accident in the lab." She quickly replied, avoiding everyone's looks. Teal'C let out a sound that sounded something like a growl towards Jack.

"Oh I'm sorry Teal'C, was I talking to your little girlfriend?"

"Colonel O'Neill, that is quiet enough!" The General snapped and looked to Teal'C for explanation.

"Teal'C, don't." Sam warned from her chair, making everyone's eye shift towards her. She turned to Jack and Daniel was surprised to see a deadly anger in her blue eyes. " Pardon me Sir, despite what you think you saw, I was not screwing with Teal'C, not have I ever. Not that it's any of your business or anyone else," She dropped her notebook on the test and looked at him harshly. "Excuse me Sirs. I would like to visit Doctor Fraiser now."

The General just nodded speechless as she fled from the room and when she was gone he glared at Jack. "Just what do you think you are doing?" Jack looked at his folded arms and glared at the table, almost burning a hole in it.

"May I be excused?" Teal'C asked standing up. Jack looked up angrily from his arms and frowned.

"Yeah, go run after your little girlfriend," Jack said standing as well. "Maybe when your finished with her, you can find someone else to screw with." Before anyone could react Teal'C moved to O'Neill and with one blow he hit him across the face.

"Teal'C!" General Hammond shouted standing between the two men. Daniel dropped beside Jack as he held his bleeding nose. "What the hell has gotten into both of you? GO to the infirmary right now the both of you!" The General ordered pointing to the door.

"Forgive me" Teal'C muttered to the General. "But if you knew what I knew, you'd kill him right now." Teal'C said and stormed out of the room. The General turned adn looked at Daniel questioningly as he pulled Jack to his feet.

"Don't ask me sir. I'm just as clued as you." Daniel told him as Jack pushed Daniel away from him, holding the bridge of his nose. "But I'm going to find out."



~SAMS EVENTS:



"Breath, Sam. Come on, breath." Janet replied as the assistant lowered Sam onto the bed. Sams eyes fluttered and her head lulled to the side. "She's going into cardiac arrest." Janet reported as they started running about getting needed equipment. An oxygen mask was placed over her face and Sam coughed as she felt the air enter her lungs.

"Don't want to..." She gasped, her mouth working like a vacum as she tried to suck in air. Her throat worked over time, making her light headed and dizzy and she felt all thoughts disapear from her mind, things becoming hazy and unclear, confusing her even more, making her more paniced.

"Sam......people come on." Janet shouted, working as fast as she could. They ripped off her shirt and began applying the nessary equipment and hooking up mechinces to help her breath. "Sam....come on kiddo, breath for me, that's it. Come one...."

It was too late by Sam's view and she felt herself chocking on her own saliva. She felt a tear roll down her face and she closed her eyes as her body went limp. "I'm sorry....." Was her last words as her body shut down into an eternal sleep.

"No....Sam! Sam! Sam!" Janet's voice was lost in the deafing flat line that filled the room. The room went dead silent and everyone stood frozen still........ She was gone.



~GENERAL HAMMONDS EVENTS:



I don't know what to say.

What is there to say? I lost one of my finest soilder today, but not just a solider, but a daughter in some ways. Her death made a horrible impact on the base and everyone is still in shock. To think one moment she was in the debreifing room.....and the next taking pills to kill herself.

I sent home Dr Fraiser, who was a mess when we found her. The way her eyes held a chilling look as she told us what had happened and none of us believed her until we saw the nurse wheel the body out.

I will never forget the sickening image of seeing my adoptive daughter laying so still, so silent as I did that day. I'll never forget the way Jack had moaned out her name and broke down ontop of her body. I wont ever forget the way SG-1 shattered into a million pieces as the stictching that held them together snapped and came undone.

We didn't react until the claxtons rang and I know it could of been a Goul'd attacked and we all just would of look at them and held up our hands in surrender. It was Jacob, thankfully. But the way he looked when we told him was almost like someone had just killed him, and in a sense we had. He refused to believe it until he saw her, and when he did Selmac had to take over as the man crumbled into a pool.

It seems to be to painfull for it to be a nightmare, but in a sense it felt like one. No one could believe it. Everyone was just so....shocked. Why would she ever kill herself, why did she see no sense in living, and why didn't she at least put up a fight?

Teal'c was the next one to break down and when he did we where all stunned into silence as he relived the last moments he spent with her. I don't know what is going to happen to the team, but I do know that none of them will *ever* be the same again. I know Jack will never recover from the guilt and the shock he felt, nor will Teal'c ever really get over the guilt he felt for not doing any more for her. And as for Daniel...... the man has gone silent and hasn't spoken two words....it's as if he punished his voice and refuese to talk.

Life will go on, and the world will keep on turning.......But for SG-1 it's a different story. Things will *never* be the same again..........



==========================================================



Sam dropped the diary in her lap and sat stunned in silence.

"Yo Carter! Time to move!"

Jumping to her feet, Sam ran towards her Colonels voice. The minute she saw the rest of her team she was overwhelmed by a sense on dependany and she ran and pulled Daniel into a huge hug, squashing him so hard, that his glasses came off.

"Woah, Sam." Daniel spluttered as she pulled back. Sam whirled and grasped Teal'c and hugged him just as hard , kissing him on the cheak quickly before grasping Jack into a huge hug and kissing him hard.

"Ummm." Jack said as she let go and Sam smiled at them all.

"Guys, no matter what ever happens, remember that I love you all. Ok?" And with that she picked up her bag and stuffed the diary in her bag and ran towards the lit up stargate.

All three men stood puzzled rubbing their cheeks where she had kissed him. Daniel looked at Teal'c then at Jack and he shrugged. "What's was that all about?" Daniel asked.

Jack shrugged. "Beats me. PMS?" Jack sujested and they all smiled at each other and headed into the stargate, intent on making sure Sam wasn't suffering from some sort of alien virus.



=========================================================

THE END.