samandjack.net

Story Notes: For Ruthie and KJ, I still haven't figured out how this was mentioned in conversation, or how I ended up being the one to write it but there you go. Maybe now it's done you can fill me in on what the conversation was about?!

Jo@ram32.freeserve.co.uk


Unmentionables


===

It was.. most illuminating, Teal'c decided, arching an eyebrow as he surveyed the collection of goodies.

When O'Neill and Daniel Jackson had introduced him to Tau'ri women wrestling in a ring of Jell-O he'd accepted that there were things about the Tau'ri that he would not understand.

His beliefs had only been confirmed that morning.

Himself, O'Neill and Daniel Jackson had arrived at Major Carter's house at the pre-arranged time, having decided to spend some of their very rare time outside of work together for a change. However when she had not answered the door they had become most concerned.

It was Daniel Jackson who had opened the front door using a key Major Carter had entrusted him with - a key O'Neill had seemed surprised and a little.. disturbed.. to find the archaeologist was in possession of. Therefore it was O'Neill who had entered the house first, calling out jovially to Major Carter as he led them through the door.

In hindsight, Teal'c thought they would have been well-advised to stay outside the premises until Major Carter herself had let them in.

They had found her within minutes, though she remained oblivious to their presence as did Doctor Fraiser. Both women were fast asleep, Major Carter in a chair and Doctor Fraiser on the couch.

There were three empty bottles of wine scattered on the floor, in between various items Teal'c himself didn't recognise but Daniel Jackson and O'Neill obviously did.

He watched with curiosity as Daniel Jackson turned several different shades of scarlet before wordlessly excusing himself, his mouth agape as he left the house as though in need of air.

O'Neill stared at the two women and the items around them from the safety of his position just inside the room. Teal'c noticed that he seemed particularly fascinated with the slip of silk in a pool on the floor beside Major Carter's chair.

Why he did not know.

"Hey, T," O'Neill spoke in caution as Teal'c prepared to move closer and wake their female companions. His expression was neutral but Teal'c was intrigued to see something akin to panic in the Colonel's gaze. "Let's leave them, okay? We'll give Carter a call from the truck and see if she wakes up."

Teal'c was confused but agreed with the Colonel's idea, tilting his head to the side in acquiescence. "As you wish, O'Neill."

Quietly, the two men exited the building and secured the door behind them. They walked over to the truck where Daniel Jackson was regaining some of his natural colour.

"O'Neill," Teal'c questioned, unable to withhold his curiosity much longer.

They settled into the truck and Teal'c watched as O'Neill removed his cell phone from his pocket and prepared to dial Major Carter's number. "Yeah, T?"

"Who is the Tau'ri Ann Summers? Is she aware that Major Carter and Doctor Fraiser have some of her belongings in their possession?"

Teal'c watched in fascination as the scarlet flush returned to Doctor Jackson's features and decided to wait patiently for O'Neill to recover from the coughing fit that overtook him suddenly.

It was a valid question, he assured himself as he waited. And their reaction only served to fuel his interest in the answer.

Fini



End Notes: Don't ask me how this happened, I'll fwd your questions onto those responsible ;) mailto: Jo@ram32.freeserve.co.uk