samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: warrior_of_gondor@hotmail.com


Bright Sunshiny Day

~* I can see clearly now the rain has gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me down;
It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day. *~
'Rasta Rocket', Jimmy Cliff.

It was spring. We walked under the blossoming trees, laughing and joking.

It was a simple service in a small chapel - Daniel, Teal'c, Janet, General Hammond; my dad, giving me away. Mark and the family, Cassie as a bridesmaid. A few others, a little simple music, a pretty yet understated white dress and flowers in my hair. I'd decided to let it grow a little.

An amazing party - the whole base turned up. We didn't let Daniel drink any beers until after he'd made his 'best man' speech. Cassie tried to teach Teal'c how to dance. At least five people hit on Janet. And we danced the first dance to Jimmy Cliff, and I laughed for pure happiness.

The clouds had passed, and I could see clearly, and I was flying above the blossom trees on a bright sunshiny day.



End Notes: ..... And that's it. This is straight out of my head, finsihed last night at about 12:30 :D so you know... Enjoy :) Luv Gen xx, giving in to that 'hopeless romantic' thing just a little...