samandjack.net



Welcome Home

Jack walked into his room and saw her curled up, sound asleep on his bed. He smiled softly, his war-torn, hardened heart melting. He sat next to her, gently so as not to wake her, and for the first time since he awoke after getting out of the chamber, he finally allowed the memories wash over him, flooding his mind and heart.

"Is that tough enough for you, or are we going to have to arm wrestle?"

"Find me an anthropologist who dresses like this, and I'll eat this headdress!" "You look great."

"Don't you want me?" "…No…No!…Not like this!"

"It's my sidearm, I swear!" "Sam...I'm dying. Follow my order. Please." "It was an honor serving with you."

"You really aren't him, are you?"

"Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."

"I remember feeling… feelings."

"We may have to make some difficult choices. I know that Major Carter means a great deal to you."

"I'm asking for you to take me instead."

"Come here."

"I just wanted to say…. when you were lying there I ……… I'm really glad you're okay." "C'mere."

"Please, Jack."

Jack reached out and very softly touched her hair, brushing a stray lock behind her ear. Sam sighed deeply. Her eyes began to flutter open, then widened in surprise as she took in Jack's presence.

"Hi," Jack told her. He wore a small smile, with eyes dark and full of simmering emotions. Emotions that threatened to boil and overwhelm.

"You're back!" Sam whispered, her own eyes still clouded with the emotional fatigue that had haunted her since Jack had been lost from her world, with little hope of salvation. And yet, there he was, sitting beside her; they had received another miracle. A second chance…

"Welcome home, Jack," she told him as she sat up. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, fiercely, clinging to a lifeline. Without any hesitation, Jack returned the embrace, holding Sam just as tightly, as fiercely. And they stayed that way, clinging, holding, feeling… for a moment that lasted a lifetime.



End Notes: Feedback keeps the muse happy (although Godiva's works too!) bren_ren@yahoo.com