samandjack.net

Story Notes: SPOILERS: Bloodlines (or was it Family? I always forget which is which, you know the part when Rya'c gets the Prim'ta) and Emancipation

SEASON/SEQUEL: Part Five of my ongoing series The Darkest Hour Comes Before The Dawn. After S4

ARCHIVE: Yes, SJA, DJA

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Feedback please! *~* means Flashback.


Blue Moon


You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own


Blue Moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for


And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked to the Moon it turned to gold


Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own


And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked the Moon had turned to gold


Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

- sung by Frank Sinatra

Chapter Sixteen

Anne was cold. She shivered and rose half to take a quick look around. She had her watch two hours ago, but something must have been bothering her, since she couldn't get asleep. She just wanted to climb out of her sleeping bag, as she heard Major Vasquez yelling her name.

" ANNE, RUN!!!"

She took her zat gun, but the zat gun pressed into her ribs made her make up her mind. Before leaving the tent she recognized why she was cold. Someone got into her tent from the rear.

The sun made her awake later. She looked around and noticed that she isn't on P4Y-797 anymore. She wanted to touch her head, it hurted like hell. But she couldn't move her hands since they were bonded together and as she looked up she found out who did this to her. She couldn't see her kidnapper yesterday, it was pitch black on that planet. In the next moment she noticed the girls tattoo and knew that something must have gone wrong. The girl was unmistakeable a servant to a goa'uld. Anne was ready for death, but there was one thing worse than death. And she was afraid that her fate was now sealed. No one knew where she was, no one could come to her aid. For the second time in her life she wanted to give up.

" UP!" came from the girl. Her voice was powerful and somehow she made Anne wanting to live. She wanted to resist. And resistance meant life. And life meant her friends. She doesn't need anyone, not this time. She can take care of herself and she will be able to escape. Somehow. For the first she must obey. Till she doesn't know where she is and what are the circumstances. Why is she here and who is this girl.

" Who are you?" she asked her in Old Egyptian. She has been learning it preatty hard, but it was a difficult language. Daniel was satisfied with her efforts and progress. The girl didn't seem to understand her so she tried out Latin first. She only shook her head. Greek was the next one and this time she got an answer.

" My name is Aglaiaa" the girl said.

" Who is your lord?"

" My lady" she corrected her. " And I'm not allowed to tell you. UP!"

" Okay, okay" Anne murmured barely audiable and arose.

If it was possible the sun was even getting hotter. Before starting to climb the mountain Anne asked for her boots, but Aglaiaa said she wouldn't need them. Anne was of another opinion.

As the mountain was ascending more steeply she thought about her training. These thoughts led her to think about Teal'c. Her legs were bruised and she wanted nothing else but a cool shower and Janet's treatment. The longing was so great she forgot about her aching legs, about the heat and everything else. She pictured herself what it would be when the others would find her. Jack will crack some lame jokes and Sam will giggle. Teal'c will scoop her up in his arms and carry her to the Gate. She will hear his heartbeat and that will give her the feeling of safety again.

Aglaiaa stopped suddenly, which caused Anne bumping into her. The girl looked at her sternly and Anne could have laughed, if she hadn't been too tired for a laugh. She looked up and the view took her breath away. The castle in front of her was massive and huge. Alone the big bronze gates were four times bigger than her.

********************

Jack was ordered to the General's office. Just before he knocked on the door, the leaders of SG-6 and 10 showed up. Jack had misgivings as he saw them. Anne wasn't in the gateroom to greet him when he arrived back from Simarka, and now it turned out that she wasn't even with Bond or MacNeill.

" Gentlemen" he greeted the other two with a nod.

" Jack" they bowed their heads, too.

" Come in!" came General Hammond's voice through the door.

" Sir!" they saluted in unison.

" At ease, gentlemen" he stood up and began pacing up and down. Jack had never seen him this nervous before. Perhaps he was this nervous, but he had never shown.

" Where is Anne, sir?" Jack asked him, obviously making the general uncomfortable with his query.

" Anne was on a mission with SG-8. They were on P4Y-797."

" Sir, I don't understand. Anne didn't get a clean bill of health out of Janet and that's why she couldn't go with Major Carter. Why was she on a mission then?"

" It was a run-of-the-mill diplomatic mission. SG-8's linguist became ill and Anne was willing to take his place."

" What happened?" Gabriel asked the general.

" They were camping outside the town, they had there a regular campsite. In the middle of the night the natives attacked them."

" Are they all right, sir? Connor asked.

" Where is Anne?" Jack feared the worst.

" Major Vasquez saw Captain Corelli being deadly shot, but SG-5 didn't find her body. Major Vasquez is in the infirmary. Doctor Fraiser says, he isn't out of the woods yet. And Anne is missing, too. "

" WHAT?!?"

" While the natives attacked SG-8, someone took Anne."

" Sir, with all due respect, but I told you not to let her go on a mission without SG-1 or without these gentlemen here" he indicated towards Gabriel and Connor.

" Jack" the general sighed exhausted.

" When had this happened?"

" About five hours ago."

" And you are informing us only now?" Jack asked angrily.

" Yes, son" the general said calmly. " They were due at 1600. As they didn't come home I sent SG-5 after them. The village is one hour away from the gate and SG-8 was still unconscious when they found them. Then the natives told them what happened. Between our two visits a mysterious girl appeared through the Gate. She told them that she is there to punish them, because they left their goddess. The villagers were very afraid of her, she obviously knew some tricks. She demanded a hostage from them, and they knew that we will come and offered one of us to her. She had chosen Anne."

" And where is she now?"

" We don't know yet."

" Sir, we have to find her!" Jack said resolutely.

" Sir, SG-6 is ready…"

" Sir, SG-10 is ready…"

" I know, I know. As long as we don't know where to search, we are not searching. Am I understood?"

" With all due respect, sir, no" Jack objected.

" Colonel?"

" Sir, I'd like to go to P4Y-797 and ask them out. Maybe they know more than they had told us."

" Colonel."

" Sir, I'd like you to authorize a travel for Dr Jackson."

" No, Jack!"

" Sir…"

" No, and that's my last word on this issue."

" And if I should find someone from Anne's study group?"

" Find someone and we'll see, Colonel. Dismissed. Gentlemen, stay, please!"

Chapter Seventeen

The cell was a traditional one. A very uncomfortable looking berth and nothing else. Very spartan indeed. The tiny window was so high that the light faded away without being able to light up the lower regions. 'Twilight is good for daydreaming' Anne played the optimistic. She had not much time to adjust, she was taken away ten minutes later after she had arrived.

The hall, she was led into, was a big, but very dismal one. No furniture and only tiny windows. Besides it was smelling like something crossed between rotten fish and five days old unwashed army socks. If they were looking for her weakest point, they were pretty successful, her stomach wanted to give in already. It was only her will that prevented her from vomiting. Jack always let her make the recoinssenance with Teal'c, because of her ability to sense strange smells better than anyone else he knew.

She was left alone in the hall and she took place on the floor. She knew that she only have to wait, sometimes later her nose will adjust to the smell. But nothing like that happened. The smell got even stronger and Anne found impossible to hold back the feeling of nausea.

She took a deep breath and passed out. She discovered this ability as she was being tried to be hypnotized. She wanted to show all the students that she couldn't be, therefore she took a deep breath and passed out.

*~*

" Come in!" Jack invited them in.

" Hi, Jack!" Daniel greeted Jack cheerfully.

" Hello, sir!" Anne grinned at him.

" You know sometimes I believe that you are even better than Ghandi at this."

" At what?" Daniel asked. He didn't believe that Jack just refered to Mahatma Ghandi.

" Passive resistance, I believe it's what he called it. And Anne, here, is pretty good at it."

Daniel wanted to ask further, but Anne nudged him into the ribs, indicating to drop the topic. Daniel nodded and went into Jack's living room.

" Hey, Teal'c! Nice to see you" he greeted his long-not-seen friend.

" Teal'c" Anne bowed her head.

" Anne" Teal'c mirrored her greeting. Anne caught Daniel smiling at her conspiratorally. She silently noticed that she had to have a talk with Janet later.

Later that night Daniel was spread over Jack's couch, Anne was sitting on the floor and Jack was sitting in his armchair. Teal'c was engrossed in the TV show they were watching.

" How could you let him to see this, Jack?" Daniel asked his friend.

" He is an adult, you know. He can see whatever he wants to."

" What is wrong with this show, DanielJackson? Cassandra and Anne enjoy it."

" Anne?" Daniel turned to her.

" What? You know that I even watch cartoons. Maybe my taste is bad, but I'm not ashamed of it. If I watch TV, I want something I could really enjoy without too much brain activity."

" But you are a Discovery Channel and a National Geographic fan!"

" Yeap, that too. It's when I'm using TV for my furhter education."

" So what's wrong with this show, Daniel?" Jack asked.

" I mean they are eating tabasco sauce!"

" That's a common belief about aliens, Daniel. They are only making fun of it! Besides, how could you know?"

" I saw the first three parts."

" You left when it started to be more interesting."

" Teal'c, you really enjoy this show?"

" It is not as much enjoyable as Friends, DanielJackson, but yes." Daniel rolled his eyes and Anne bursted out in laughter.

" See, Daniel, you cannot avoid the topic. You have to speak about Janet."

" Don't you wanna see that?"

" No, thank you, I have seen this episode before."

" You mean, he was making this fuss about Roswell, because he wanted to avoid the topic?"

" Yeap" Anne nodded.

" Teal'c, I wanted you to ask something" Daniel turned back to Teal'c.

" Yes, DanielJackson?"

" Coward!" Anne hissed and wanted to leave for the kitchen, but was stopped by Daniel's question.

" You told me after your arrival at Earth that your goa'uld was two years old. By now he must be almost seven. Rya'c will need a new symbiote."

" Actually" Anne started to speak, looking at Teal'c's bowed head, " Teal'c will need that new symbiote."

" What?" Daniel asked surprised.

" C'mon, Daniel, you didn't really think that he leaves his son in the lurch like that?"

" No, I guess not. I just never thought…"

" Waitaminute! You are telling me that the buddy in your gut isn't Junior anymore?" Jack asked Teal'c.

" Yes, O'Neill. Junior, as you are calling it, is Rya'c's symbiote."

" I see. And how could you know that?" he turned to Anne.

" You know, Janet keeps telling me that I have this parental instinct."

" Good for you."

" She tells about you the same" she shrugged her shoulders.

" Really?"

" Really. Which leads us to Janet again, Daniel."

" Okay, okay!" he gave in and knew that Anne wanted to change the topic because of Teal'c being uncomfortable with the previous one. He told them everything they demanded to know and then drove home. Anne was offered the couch after his leaving and Teal'c went to sleep in the spare room. Anne wasn't sleeping at all, she stayed up all night long and Teal'c silently watched over her. And she knew he did.

*~*

Anne woke up in her cell and shivered with cold. She didn't remember what she was doing in the last forty minutes, according to her watch. She examined her feelings, but she felt no other life-form's presence in herself. She sighed with relief.

********************

" Dr Anderson!" Jack yelled after the young linguist. She turned back and casted a friendly smile at him.

" Colonel O'Neill, what can I do for you?"

" Anne is taken captive and I need someone to talk to the natives."

" Well, sir, you don't have to search any further."

" Thank you" he grinned at her and asked her to stay on base, while he goes to ask for the general's permission. Dr Eleni Anderson was one of Anne's friends, that's why she was on the top of the list Jack made.

" Come in, Colonel!"

Jack walked in grinning and then informed the general about Dr Anderson's offer to help him.

" Major Carter will arrive back tomorrow. Teal'c only the day after tomorrow. SG-10 is scheduled for tomorrow, so you cannot take them. SG-6 is free, but you have to ask them to do this favor, I cannot order them."

" I could go alone with Dr Anderson."

" At least three soldiers must be ready to go with you. Unless this, you aren't going anywhere, Jack. Am I understood?"

" Yes, sir!" Jack saluted and headed to the comissary. He was right, Major Bond and Lt.Colonel MacNeill were sitting there.

" Gentlemen?" Jack asked them if he could take place.

" What's up, Jack?" Gabriel asked.

" I have my linguist, all I need is a team."

" Where is yours?" Connor asked him surprised.

" You know that I and Teal'c were on Simarka with SG-4. Major Carter wasn't allowed to come with us, so she was assigned to SG-13. Anne should have been accompanying her, but she couldn't get a clean bill of health and stayed here."

" What was wrong with her? She seemed to me healthy."

" She lost weight, assuming to the Doc."

" And?"

" She wanted to investigate that before letting her through the gate again."

" I see."

" Where is Teal'c now?"

" We would be on downtime by now. To spare on the electricity bill he gated to P3X-797 from Simarka. I need at least three soldiers, Gabe."

" I will ask my team" he stood up and left the comissary.

Chapter Eighteen

Anne was humming her favourite songs as she was taken away again. This time the hall was a luxurious one, with great French windows. It was like a hall from Versailles. Except that the furniture was obviously Greek. She took place on the floor and waited. The air was full of good smells. Roses and fresh grass. Anne knew that something horrible will soon happen. And as she looked up at the ceiling she was shocked. On the ceiling there were nine pictures. All her loved ones.

After the first shock, as she could think straight again, she looked at the pictures again. Her sister's picture was nowhere to see. It was the second and last clue she needed to verify her suspect. She laid down on the floor and stared at the pictures.

*~*

Anne was sitting on the couch, Cassie sat on the floor in front of the table. Sam was sitting in Daniel's favourite armchair. Cassie yawned and stretched.

" Are you ready, hun?" Sam asked her.

" Not quite" she murmured.

" Can I help you?" Anne asked her.

" No, thank you. Besides it's physics, I think Sam is responsible for that."

" Should I help you, Cassie?"

" No, Sam, thank you."

" What's wrong?" Anne asked her.

" I have so enough of this!"

" Of school?" Sam asked surprised.

" No, of course not!"

" Of Daniel and Janet?" Anne asked.

" Uhm" Cassie nodded.

" They need some time, Cassie, but I promise you, the end is near" she didn't know how near. Their encounter with the alternate reality was two weeks after this conversation.

" Promise?"

" Promise" Anne nodded.

" I'm ready" Cassie put down her pencil and stretched again.

" I think you need new jeans, Cass" Anne joked with her.

" Not again" came a voice from the door. Daniel was standing there, leaning on the doorframe. Anne noticed only now how much weight he lost. Janet always complained about this, but Daniel always waved her worries aside. Cassie giggled at his exhausted sigh.

" Daniel had to escort me to the mall."

" How long did it take?"

" Two hours" Daniel sighed.

" A woman needs more time to choose her clothes, Daniel" Sam said.

" Yes, but Cassie chose her jeans in five seconds. She obviuosly knew what she wanted. But then it seemed to me that she knew every other person in the mall."

" My classmates were there" Cassie shrugged her shoulders.

" How is Julia?"

" She is only embarassed" Daniel answered instead of Cassie.

" Why?"

" Tanya and Ferretti are SOOO in love!" Cassie said in horror.

" I see" Anne grinned. " Smooching is cool for teens, but embarassing when adults do."

" Exactly" Cassie nodded. " Although I wouldn't mind" she casted a look at Daniel.

" It's not fair, you know. I'm outnumbered."

" Come over to our side, Daniel" Anne shrugged her shoulders.

" Can I help you in the kitchen, Daniel?" Sam offered.

" Would be great, thank you" he nodded.

Anne and Cass stayed in the living room and were hatching plans as someone knocked on the door.

" Maybe Mom?" Cass asked.

" I think it's Jack. It's possible that Janet is with him."

" Coming!" Cass ran to the door. It was Jack and her mom.

" Hi, sweetheart!" he bent down to kiss her. " Hey, lady, you are growing as if you were pulled! New jeans need you, too. Poor Daniel" he grinned at Anne.

" He complained to you?"

" Incessantly" he nodded, seemingly exhausted.

" Have you seen, Sam? Colonel O'Neill was looking for her."

" I swear to you, Janet, if you did this on purpose…"

" Sorry, Anne is rubbing on me."

" Sam is in the kitchen with Daniel" Anne informed them.

Cassie and Janet went into the kitchen and sent Sam out.

" I remember you two to tell me that you wanted to stay on base today."

" Daniel needed some cheer up and he invited us for dinner, sir" Sam said.

" I see. Hey, Danny boy!"

" Yes, Jack?"

" Is it okay if I stay for dinner, too?"

" Of course, Jack" Daniel nodded. " Where is Teal'c?"

" I think he will be right here. We parted in order to find the ladies."

" Why were you looking for us?" Anne asked.

" General Hammond's birthday is the day after tomorrrow and we wanted to throw a little party for him. Nothing luxurious, only in the comissary. Wanna offer your help, ladies?"

" Okay" Anne and Sam nodded in unison.

*~*

Anne looked up and the pictures were still there. She was still in the luxurious hall. She looked down at her wrist and noticed that this time she only passed out for twenty minutes. She played awhile with the pictures, grouping them in her mind. Janet was beautiful on the picture. Jack was looking stern, and Teal'c's face was stoic, as usual. Only that Anne knew what he was thinking about. He was confused, maybe another strange Earth custom made him wonder.

********************

Jack climbed up to the control room to speak to General Hammond. Just as he took a deep breath to launch his speech on the general, the gate was being activated.

" Have you already a third man, Colonel?" he asked Jack. Major Bond couldn't reach two of his teammates and the third one's son had birthday. He said they should immediately call him when they are going for Anne, but now he has to be with his son. Lt. Danica Tomasevic, a young female officer from Anne's study group, heard about his search and offered her help, but he still couldn't find someone who could and would accompany them.

" Identifying code, now. It's SG-1, sir."

" Yes, sir, I have" Jack grinned at General Hammond as Teal'c emerged from the gate.

" Welcome home, Teal'c! Colonel O'Neill wants to speak to you."

" I wish to speak to him, as well."

Jack hurried down to the gate room and Teal'c stood there patiently. In the control room General Hammond ordered Corporal Jayne to call Major Bond, Lt. Tomasevic and Dr Anderson to the gate room in full gear.

" What do you want to tell me, Teal'c?"

" I had misgivings, O'Neill. I felt the urgency to come back."

" You were right, my friend. Anne is missing. Do you wanna…"

" General Hammond, sir?"

" You are allowed to go with Colonel O'Neill, Teal'c."

" My best thanks, sir" Jack said gratefully.

" I like her, too, you know."

" Yes, sir."

Jack and his four companions arrived back two hours later and Jack headed immediately to the infirmary. The others followed him, likewise did General Hammond. He knew by the look on Jack's face that something was very-very wrong. His eyes were not the usually deep brown ones, but black like the darkest night.

" What's wrong?" he asked Gabriel as they were waiting outside the infirmary. Janet allowed only Jack to Major Vasquez.

" There must be a traitor among us, sir" Major Bond informed him.

" Who?"

" I don't know. Jack didn't tell about his suspects. But I guess it must be someone from SG-8, sir."

" I see."

Inside Jack was patiently waiting till Major Vasquez was woken up by Janet.

" Five minutes, Jack" she warned him.

" I have only two questions, Janet."

" Good" she nodded and went into her office.

" Major?"

" Sir, I …"

" Major, was Anne sleeping in your tent?"

" Yes, she was even joking about my cowardice."

" I can imagine. Second question, who made the watch schedule?"

" Captain Corelli. Why?"

" Sorry, I cannot tell you, besides Doc Fraiser wants you to rest."

" Is she responsible for Anne's kidnapping?"

" I think so" Jack slowly nodded.

" Made her cry" he said quietly.

" I will, I will."

Chapter Nineteen

*~*

" Anne, to the general's office" she heard her name over the intercom.

" Sorry, guys, but if you want, you can stay here" she turned to her study group. " Would someone, please, take back the starchart to Graham?"

" I'll do it" Lt. Richarda Rasmussen offered her help.

" Thank you, Rika" she said and then left for General Hammond's office. On the way there she wondered why all these people were still on base. She saw SG-7's members walking to the comissary, although they were on downtime, as Rika told her. She was SG-7's linguist.

" Come in!" she heard General Hammond's voice after she knocked. " Take a seat, please!"

" Sir, why are so much people on base? Is something wrong?"

" Yes, but nothing serious. No one can leave the base today."

" A quarantine?"

" Thank God, no. The check-in machine overloaded and no one can in or out. Only the scheduled teams could leave the base."

" Is SG-1 alread away?"

" Not yet. SG-13 with Major Carter is just leaving. SG-4 with Teal'c and the Colonel will leave in an hour. And you have exactly the same time to figure out something! These people will start behaving themselves like kindergardener after an hour or so. Believe me, I have seen this before."

" And what should I do?"

" I don't know, Anne. A Scavenger Hunt, or something like that. But, please, leave me out of it. I have to do."

" Yes, sir!"

" You can leave now."

Anne headed for the infirmary, she wanted to ask for Janet's help.

" Where is Doctor Fraiser?"

" She is in her office with Teal'c."

" Thank you" Anne went to Janet's office and waited outside. She didn't wanna eavesdrop, but she heard their conversation.

" And what do you think it is?"

" I think, she is pregnant, DoctorFraiser."

" I see. Do you want me to check her out?"

" I would appreciate that."

" All right, Teal'c. Do the others know?"

" No, only DanielJackson."

" Teal'c, do you want this child?"

Anne could imagine that Teal'c now looked very confused. The silence verified her suspect.

" Does Drey'auc want this child?"

" I think, yes."

" And you?"

" Yes."

" Okay, how far is she?"

" Fifth month."

Anne counted back, it must have been before Christmas.

" Are you sure?"

" Completely sure, DoctorFraiser."

" I see."

Anne left the scene before they could notice her and went back to her office. She had a game from her former teacher, which was helpful to make people more familiar with each other. She didn't make the game with her study group, they were knowing each other quite well. In an hour she was ready with the copies and the game was fully accepted by the staff of the SGC. They were all happy to could do something and they said 'the more the happier'. Anne was sitting in the Stargate Seminar and while waiting for the winner she confronted herself with the new information. She knew that she is guilty by loving a married man, but to be in love with a father of a newborn child was a sin, which she couldn't forgive herself.

" Anne?" General Hammond brought her out of her reverie.

" Yes, sir?" she jerked her head up.

" Wanna give me the answers?"

" I told them not to disturb you!"

" No one had disturbed me, Anne. Don't worry. I was only worried and went into the comissary. Sgt. Davis showed me his copy."

" When was this?"

" Ten minutes ago."

" How many answers did he have?"

" Two, and one of them was his name."

Anne handed a copy to General Hammond.

Your mission is to find someone…

1.who saw all four Star Wars movie:

2.who can knit:

3.who spoke on the red phone in General Hammond's office (Gen. Hammond doesn't count):

4.who knows the name of all the 39 symbols on the gate:

5.who knows the destination number for Cimmeria:

6.who served once in Alaska:

7.who knows who was the 21st President of the USA:

8.who knows Anne's second name:

9.who knows whose slogan is Sentinel of the Higher Frontier:

10.who knows how to cook blueberry muffins:


Rules: If you are speaking with so., you mustn't ask a Q. from the above list first. Start a conversation!
one Q.- one name, another Q.-another name
Your name is allowed only once.


Notes: Do not disturb General Hammond!
Dr Janet Fraiser, SG-1, SG-4, SG-13 and SG-9 are off-world.
Do not disturb them who have to work!


How and what to win: You can find me in the Stargate Seminar. The winner gets a dinner free, in a restaurant of her/his choice.

" A really good game, Anne. Thank you" he said after Anne told him the possible names and the right answers.

" My pleasure, sir."

" Do I have to pay the dinner?" he asked her, with a half smile.

" Only the winner's, sir. I'll pay for my own."

" All right, Anne. Thank you again. See you later!"

" Yes, sir."

They saw each other two hours later, when Cpt.Corelli persuaded Janet, who arrived back just before, to let Anne go with them. Anne was called to the General's office and ordered to accompany SG-8 to P4Y-797.

*~*

She woke up and looked around.

" Aglaiaa!" her voice echoed trough the empty hall.

" My lady" the girl bowed her head.

" Where are my guards, Aglaiaa?"

********************

" What are we gonna do now?" Gabriel asked Jack.

" Sir?" Lt. Simmons called Jack.

" Yes, Lieutenant?"

" Sir, we succeeded to restore Anne's camcorder. The pictures are quite clear."

" Do we have an adress?"

" Almost, sir."

" Almost?"

" Only the first symbol is missing. The others are trying out the possible ones." Graham informed him.

" How many?"

" About six, sir."

" Anne had a camcorder?" Gabriel asked.

" Yes, Lt.Tomasevic found it in the bush near to the gate. Obviously it was thrown away. I don't know how and what Anne was able to record."

" She was recording the way to the gate and then as the girl dialed up the adress. Only the first one isn't clear. The girl noticed the camcorder and threw it away. She then hit Anne and pulled her through the gate."

" I only wonder how was she able to make Anne come with her" Gabriel asked, while they were going to the control room.

" She held a weapon at her back."

" I see."

" And why didn't she disarm her and flee?" Jack asked.

" She must have thought that the others were captured, too. And she wanted to help them."

They had arrived at the control room and they found there Sam, Janet and General Hammond.

" Sam!" Jack exclaimed surprised. " Good to have you back, Major" he corrected himself almost immediately.

" Good to be back, sir" Sam smiled at him a reassuring smile. Then she smiled at Teal'c, too. Jack somehow knew that now, that Sam was back, everything will be all right again.

" Colonel, Doctor, to my office!"

Janet and Jack followed General Hammond into his office and while Janet took place, Jack stood behind her chair.

" Take a seat, Colonel."

" Thank you, sir, but I'd rather standing."

" Doctor, I have a question. Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter were through the gate four times today. I want you to tell me…"

" It isn't quite healthy, sir, but nothing speaks against it."

" Thank you, Janet" Jack wanted to head ou of the office.

" Not too soon, Colonel!" General Hammond's voice stoped him. " Doctor Fraiser told me that you and the major were exhausted."

" Sir, we can rest after we had brought back Anne."

" You are ordered to sleep at least three hours, Colonel."

" Janet?"

" I made this an order, Colonel. And no objections this time! Till they aren't figured out which planet, you have to wait anyway. I'm sending SG-6 and SG-10 with you."

" I thought SG-10 was scheduled for today."

" SG-2 took their place, Colonel. And now go to your quarters and sleep! This goes for Major Carter, too!"

" Yes, sir!!!" Jack saluted and left the general's office. SG-1, accompanied by SG-6 and SG-10 arrived at planetside at 2030 Earth time. The girl's traces started and ended around the gate.

" She must have used this as an in-between stop" Sam assumed.

" What are we doing now?"

" To be honest, sir, I haven't the faintest idea."

Chapter Twenty

" My lady, your guards are here" Aglaiaa bowed her head.

" So few?"

" The others are dead, my lady."

" How long was I…?"

" Forty years, my lady."

" And where are my priests?"

" They are waiting for you outside, my lady."

" Good, call them in! Have you heard about Diana?"

" Nothing in the last six years, my lady."

" I see" she bowed her head. " Aglaiaa!!!!" a cry escaped her mouth.

" Oh my…!"

" Why did you this to me?!?" she accused her.

" Mmm… my lll…lady?" she stammered.

" It's me, Aglaiaa" she said in the deep voice again. " Don't worry,

I'll win this battle. Call the priests, Aglaiaa!"

" Yes, my lady" she bowed her head and left.

* I'll win! * * Ya think? * * I'm stronger than you! * * Ya sure? *

" My lady?"

" Yes, Aglaiaa?"

"The priests are here."

" And what should I do with them?"

" My lady, is that you?"

" It's me now, Aglaiaa."

" Is something wrong, my lady?"

" The host is very strong. You have chosen right, Aglaiaa. It's more interesting than last time. By the way, how so that you are looking so young? Have you been using the sarcophagus?"

" I needed the body in this shape."

" We'll talk about this later, Aglaiaa" she said with a menacing voice.

********************

" Sir…?"

" Hm?" Jack turned to Lt. Tomasevic.

" I think I've heard something."

" What?"

" Voices" Teal'c said.

" Human voices?" Jack asked back.

" Yes, O'Neill."

" Good" the grin on Jack's face reappeared. " Let's make contact!"

" What if they are servants of the goa'uld?"

" Did the name Abydos ring a bell, Major?"

" Yes, sir. You wanna make them rebellious?"

" If that's what it takes, yes. Teal'c, Gabe, you are coming with me.

We make a little reconaissance."

The two men followed Jack without any hesitation.

" They would die for her?" Danica asked Sam.

" I don't think so" Sam shook her head.

" Why not?"

" They know Anne would never forgive them sacrificing themselves for her."

" I see."

" But they would do anything else for her" Sam smiled at her.

" I know why Major Bond is behaving so, but why do Teal'c and the colonel?"

" Colonel found a younger sister in her. Teal'c something else. And why Major Bond?"

" He lost her daughter last summer. Anne looks a lot like her."

" I see. Have you known her?"

" Not that well. She was spoiled since her parents' divorce. Her grandparents spoilt her. She and the major didn't get along well. I think he sees in Anne a second chance."

" Probably."

" I'm sure" Danica said.

" They are coming back, so you better stop talking about them" Dr Eleni Anderson warned them.

" There are two kind of people in the group" Jack informed them.

" One technoligically advanced than the others" Gabe added.

" And?" Sam asked back.

" They are making them rebellious" Jack grinned at Sam.

" How could you know?"

" I can read the signs. Dr Anderson, would you mind to accompany us back?"

" Coming."

" Sir?"

" Yes, Major?"

" Do you think it's wise to make contact with them?"

" They are our only chance to get an answer for our question."

Jack, Eleni, Gabriel and Teal'c headed back to the natives. Eleni listened to them for awhile, but she couldn't understand them.

" There is a word constantly repeated. Jar or something like that."

" Maybe Gjar?" Jack asked back unsurely.

" Yes. Do we know them?"

" Not quite" Jack said and Gabriel remembered.

*~*

" What are you telling me, Major???" Jack was outrageous.

" I have lost the paper, sir" Sam repeated quietly.

" Where, when?"

" In the SGC, sir."

" Here?"

" No, sir. In the other SGC."

" Why did you let me shout at you, Major? Why didn't you tell me this first?"

" It was my fault, sir."

" No, it wasn't. We could have been died there, if you had lost that little piece of paper, it was a little sacrifice in change of saving our lives."

" It wasn't me, sir."

" It was you and your counterpart. Discussion over."

*~*

" We had their adress, but unfortunately we've lost it again."

" I see. And what kind of language is that?"

" Anne is the only one who could speak this language."

" Then we are not helped."

" Teal'c, draw a picture of Anne" Jack ordered the Jaffa. Teal'c cocked his head aside, but then nodded. He could try. After pulling out his notepad, he closed his eyes and started to draw.

" Okay, Dr Anderson, do you know how to say hello in Hungarian?"

" Jo napot" Gabriel interjected.

" Hey, what a genius! Do you know something else?"

" She told me only this and some other useless stuff."

" Okay, we'll see. Teal'C?"

" I have not completed the picture, O'Neill."

" Don't care, show me! Hey, are you good or are you good?" he grinned at him after taking the picture. " Could you draw the other girl?"

" I shall try, O'Neill."

" Thank you. Here is the plan, we go down and make friends. Gabe, you start. Then I'll show the pictures around. Teal'c, we don't have too much time" he called over to Teal'c.

" I am ready, O'Neill."

" You know I don't think that you are the talent I thought you for" he said after tucking the second picture into his pocket.

" We can see the tattoo on her forehead, that's the important thing. What kind of thing is that?" Gabriel turned to Eleni.

" A moon, I guess" Eleni said.

" Let's go, Gabe!"

Teal'c and Eleni was left behind. Teal'c was too scary and Eleni was too exquisite.

Jack and Gabriel descended down the cliff. From then on everything went really quick. They were captured, freed and captured again within ten minutes. Jack casted a look backwards, where three men of the same kind who held them currently captive brought away the limp bodies of the five Jaffa guards. The other three men ushered them through the forest and finally, after they have arrived at their campsite, Jack was pushed to his knees. Before they could do the same to Gabriel, he said 'Good Morning'.

" Jo napot!" came the reply, accompanied by a huge smile and by a flow of words. Gabe raised his hands to stop them. He pointed at him and at Jack and said "Barat", friend.

The smiles grew even wider. Jack was pulled to his feet and slapped on the shoulders. He took out the two pictures and showed them around. One of the men tapped at Anne's picture and said "goa'uld". Jack shook his head and repeated Gabe's word.

" Barat."

The three men nodded, but then their face saddened. Jack had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. The one, who seemed to be the leader, tapped at the picture again and said "goa'uld" whispering. Jack wanted to put back the picture and leave the camp, but was stopped by the leader, who asked for the picture.He handed it over and turned to leave.

" Koszonom" Gabriel said his thanks and followed Jack. The three men escorted them back to the cliff. At the end of their little journey the leader handed Jack back the picture. On the back of it there were six little symbols. Jack thankfully grabbed his hand and then with a slight smile on his face he started to climb up the cliff.

" Jack?" Gabriel asked him unsurely.

" Don't worry, I'm still sane. He gave me the adress where we can find our Anne."

Chapter Twenty-One

* Where do you wanna go?* * Are you scared?* * Yes.* * Good.*

********************

" Okay, Sam, you are taking back the rest, and meet us on Cimmeria. Bring Danny's map of the maze and come after us."

" Okay" Sam nodded, while dialing the adress, the leader of the Gjars gave Jack.

" And Sam?"

" Yes?"

" Be careful!" he whispered.

She only nodded and pushed the red ball in the middle of the DHD. The gate activated and through went Jack, Teal'c, Gabriel and Lt.Tomasevic.

First Sam was angry that he didn't take her, but then realized that he did so, because he knew, that she is the only one who can persuade General Hammond to authorize a trip to Cimmeria. Jack had another reason, what he didn't tell Sam. He knew that she is the only one who can save their sorry asses, if something should go wrong. Sam bade farewell to SG-10 and then dialed up Earth.

********************

" My lady!"

" Yes, Aglaiaa?"

" The Head Priest is here."

" I'm busy, Aglaiaa!"

" My lady?"

" No, it's me, Aglaiaa" Anne answered her.

********************

At the foot of the mountain Danica immediately noticed Anne's boots, lying half-covered behind a bush. Teal'c followed a little path up the mountain and found dried blood strains.

Adding two and two together Jack led his team up the mountain. On the plateau stood the huge castle. On the big bronze gates Jack noticed the moon shaped symbols, which the girl wore as her tattoo.

" We are here" he whispered to the others.

" What's now?" Gabriel asked.

" Ideas? Plans?" Jack asked back.

Everybody shook the head. They were hiding behind the bushes opposite to the castle's entrance. The gates were opened and two priests walked out.

" Gabe, Teal'c" Jack waved his hand. The two were already on their way.

They were away since twenty minutes already, and Jack just wanted to go after them, as they arrived back. Clad in priest robes and hauling two limp bodies after themselves.

" Try to make her come with you. Me and the Lieutenant will be behind you. I'll zat her and we will take her to Cimmeria."

Gabriel nodded, but Teal'c only looked at Jack.

" I know, I know" he gave in. " She might have a hand device."

" Yes, O'Neill."

" I'll neutralize her device."

" You'll cause her pain" Danica said.

" But she'll have her life back " Gabriel retorted.

" Good! Ahead, campers!

********************

" Is it really necessary?" Aglaiaa asked.

" Yes" the leader of the Jaffas nodded.

" We have to send her to the Fountain. She must be stronger than the host."

" I see. I'll call the priests, who will escort her there."

********************

Jack and Danica were waiting impatiently for Anne and her escort. But out stepped not only three figures, but seven.

" What are we gonna do?" Danica asked him.

" We follow them for the first. We have to trust Teal'c and Gabe."

So they followed them, always cautiously, that no one could notice them. The two Jaffas stopped and turned around now. They were heading back to the castle.

" What are they doing?" Jack whispered. It was only a rhetorical question, they didn't know, that Jaffas wasn't allowed to step onto the Holy Clearing.

" Lieutenant, you are taking out the priest next to Anne. Gabe will do the same with the one next to him. But wait till I'm done with Anne."

" Aye, sir" Danica nodded.

But Teal'c and Gabriel had another plans. Gabe took out the Jaffa next to him and Teal'c took out the other one.

" What are you doing?" she cried.

" Anne!" Teal'c whispered her name.

" She isn't there."

" If she were not, you would not be here."

* You are in love with this Jaffa?* * No!* * Too late, I already felt your feelings towards him.*

She raised her hand and wanted to use her device on Teal'c.

" Run!" Anne cried.

" He will die!" she shouted and activated the device. Then everything went black.

********************

Teal'c looked up at the sky and the moon was really beautiful. Blueish she was, he remembered one of their missions, when Anne couldn't sleep and they both spent the night awake, speaking about many, many things. About their friends, about their family, about Earth and about Chulak. Teal'c now knew that she is forever lost for him, his actions last December made no doubt about it.

" Teal'c, please, come in!"

" Yes, O'Neill."

" The others are here. Dr Fraiser wants to go up to you."

" Good."

He sat in front of Thor's Hall's exit, waiting for Anne. He remembered how angry and worried O'Neill was. They arrived at Cimmeria two hours ago. They wanted to leave Danica by the gate, to wait for Major Carter, while they wanted to accompany Anne into the maze. But Thor's Hammer took only Anne away. They hurried to the entrance of the Hall, but they couldn't get through it. An electricity throw them back, as they wanted to enter the maze. They ran to the exit, but they couldn't get in either. O'Neill was very worried. Not that he wasn't, but he didn't show. ' Do not worry, O'Neill, if there is someone who can win this battle she is the one.' ' I know, I only wish I could be there to help her to win this battle. To make it easier for her.' ' She is strong enough, O'Neill. She wanted to come to Cimmeria.' ' How do you know?' ' Aglaiaa, her servant, told me. That is why she was brought to the Holy Clearing. They believe, that the water of the Fountain, could make the host obey.' ' I see.'

" Hi, Teal'c!"

" Doctor Fraiser" he bowed his head.

" Is everything all right with you?"

Teal'c knew that Doctor Fraiser knew about his feelings towards Anne. He only nodded.

" Is DanielJackson well?"

" Yes, he is. Cassandra wanted to come with me."

" Anne…"

" I told her that. She understood. What do you think, how many time will take her to get through the maze?"

" Four-five hours. Is Major Carter here?"

" Yes, she is here. Do you wish to speak to her?"

" No" Teal'c shook his head.

" Okay, tell us when she is out. I'll wait in the camp."

" Thank you, DoctorFraiser."

Janet left for the camp, which couldn't be built up there, because there were too many rocks. Teal'c offered that he will wait for Anne there.

********************

She stumbled out into the fresh air. She looked around, but it took her two minutes before she realized that someone is there. She saw him, but her brain didn't work quite well.

" Teal'c" she whispred.

" Yes" he approached her and she flung her arms around his waist. She was sobbing into his chest for a good ten minutes, before Teal'c spoke.

" Sshh, you are safe now."

" I know" she told him and looked up into his eyes. " I can feel your heartbeat" she whispered into his chest. " I think Senior likes me better now."

" I…"

" I was only joking, Teal'c. I won."

" I had no doubt about it."

" Is Jack…?"

" He is here. They built down a camp."

" I wanted to ask, if he is still a colonel."

" Yes" he said with a half smile.

Anne started stroking his back, gently moving her hand up and down his spine.

" Teal'c, I …"

" Yes?"

" I thank you" she whispered, suddenly remembering Janet's and Teal'C's conversation two days ago.

Teal'c scooped her up into his arms and started descending. Anne could hear his heartbeat and that gave her the feeling of safety. She dozed off.

" O'Neill" he whispered.

" Teal'c?" Jack asked back surprised. He and Sam were sitting near the fire and were talking quietly.

" She is here with me."

" I'll wake Janet up" Sam went into Janet's tent, while Teal'c laid her down gently on Sam's sleeping bag. Gabriel came closer and sighed with relief.

" Is she all right?"

" She is only sleeping."

" I won, Jack" she spoke as if on cue.

" I know" he stroked her hair. " We had no doubt about it."

" Hi, Anne."

" Gabriel!" she whispered. " I'm so tired."

" We are here, you can sleep."

" Thank you" she said and then fell asleep again.

********************

" Welcome home, SG-1 and SG-6! Colonel, have you seen my explorer team?" General Hammond asked him from the control room.

" You mean SG-10, sir?" Jack asked back, winking at Anne. She gave him no smile. She was half behind Teal'c's back.

" Yes, I mean, SG-10, Colonel" he stepped into the gate room, his gaze fell upon Anne.

" I made Colonel MacNeill promised, that they will be back in an hour" Sam reassured him.

" What are they doing?" he asked, coming closer to Anne.

" Tieing up some loose ends, sir."

" I see" General Hammond nodded, still looking at Anne. " Are you all right, Anne?"

" Yes, sir" she whispered and tried a reassuring smile, which she really shouldn't, because it was everything else than reassuringly.

" Infirmary, debriefing tomorrow. Take your time, Anne."

" Thank you, sir" she whispered, with tears in her eyes, which she was hiding in the shadow of Teal'c. If Janet and Sam had ever doubts about her feelings towards Teal'c, they had no one anymore.

THE END for now

And feedback please!

Joanna © 2001