samandjack.net

Story Notes: SPOILERS: Eensy, weensy one for "1969." Inspired by "My Little Girl" (what, I can't inspire myself?) and the "Hammond has to know" thread.


My two best soldiers are extremely intelligent and extremely stupid.

Everyone can see the way they look at each other. They love each other, and everyone knows it. Everyone but them, that is.

At least, I think they don't know it; I can't be positive. Either they don't know, or they're together, and not doing a very good job of covering up.

Watching them, I'm sure they don't know. And I really hope they'll figure it out.

After all, they'd make a really cute couple. They'd be really good together; they way they work together and the way they act around each other proves that.

My only fear is that they'll realize their love and not act on it.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't act on it because they were afraid the other didn't feel the same way, or something. But what if they don't act on it because they're afraid of court-martial, or demotion, or reassignment?

I would never do that to them. They're half of my best team, they've saved the world together. I would never break them up, just because they finally got a clue. I'm not exactly the stickler for rules some people think I am. If I were, I would never have helped a group of suspected Soviet spies escape custody.

I would do everything I could to stop the break up of my best team. And Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter have become more to me than soldiers. They're my friends; my children. I want them to be happy. And I think they'd be happy together.



The End.